New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

"Sorry guys, I've lived in Oda most of my life. Patricia just sent me to give you guys these."

He hands you two scrolls.

"These are the papers on the Asakura and Ashikaga families."

He turns to the tomb.

"I'll handle this. Some minor undead isn't a match for a dragon of my age."

He runs into the tomb.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Have fun!" Lucas shouts after him and resumes dragging the necromancer to the guards.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

3. - Top - End - #633
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Have fun!" Lucas shouts after him and resumes dragging the necromancer to the guards.
    You return to the town and turn her in. Kolth meets you and is about to speak, when suddenly.

"JOHN!" Mana tackle-hugs him. "You're back already?! Are you hurt?!"

Kolth chuckles a bit. "Come, let's go to the tavern and leave the love-bird to her boyfriend." She leans in and whispers. "She almost ran after you, I had to literally hold her back and talk her down before she stayed, and even then she nearly ate her hand."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Good thing you managed that. Better to keep her away from danger. Anyway, we caught the necromancer and a friendly dragon said he would deal with... 'minor undead' as he called them. I guess that the case is closed now.
    And how was your afternoon, other than Mana worrying about John?"
    He asks in polite tone.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground

Danil trots down into the crypt. Veramorte is in his right hand, his cross in his right. What does he see?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil trots down into the crypt. Veramorte is in his right hand, his cross in his right. What does he see?
    You see Lee running around the tomb with a confused look on his face.

"What minor undead are you talking about? This place is completely deserted! Either that or there's some kind of super stealthy undead in here!"

7. - Top - End - #637

"Blast and thrice-blast! That witch must have pulled a trick somehow... Oh. There's a vampire in its coffin around somewhere. Does anyone have a stake?"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Banned

"Blast and thrice-blast! That witch must have pulled a trick somehow... Oh. There's a vampire in its coffin around somewhere. Does anyone have a stake?"
    Make a knowledge religion check. (Vampire Spawn don't have that power).

Lee keeps running searching the tomb. He searched it over and over and neither of you can find the vampire.

9. - Top - End - #639

[OOC] 16 (taking 10)[/OOC]

"So what did she mean... Maybe she pulled a trick on Lucas somehow. We'd better go look."

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #640
    Banned

[OOC] 16 (taking 10)[/OOC]

"So what did she mean... Maybe she pulled a trick on Lucas somehow. We'd better go look."
    Yes, vampires spawn don't respawn.

You search and search and search, but neither of you can find ANYTHING. This tomb is either empty, or there's some incorporeal undead in the wall hiding.

11. - Top - End - #641

I head back to look for Lucas.

Lego Ergo Sum

12. - Top - End - #642
    Banned

I head back to look for Lucas.
    Lee follows you after one last check. You arrive at the town with no troubles.

13. - Top - End - #643

When I find Lexin: "I think the necromancer bluffed us somehow. There's no undead in these tombs. Unless she's another Finx, which I don't think is very likely, she foiled your probe."

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas shrugs "I just asked her, didn't use much magic to get straight answers, but even if we consider her words true... it could just mean that she hid the undead in different tomb. I suppose we can go to the guards and ask her once again, then go and find them..." he says patiently.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    You return to the town and turn her in. Kolth meets you and is about to speak, when suddenly.

"JOHN!" Mana tackle-hugs him. "You're back already?! Are you hurt?!"

Kolth chuckles a bit. "Come, let's go to the tavern and leave the love-bird to her boyfriend." She leans in and whispers. "She almost ran after you, I had to literally hold her back and talk her down before she stayed, and even then she nearly ate her hand."
    After the others leave John turns to talk to Mana

Mana... I know that this is hard for you with me being someone you really cared about but this is all very weird to me. You can't be trying to run off after me and put yourself in danger.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    After the others leave John turns to talk to Mana

Mana... I know that this is hard for you with me being someone you really cared about but this is all very weird to me. You can't be trying to run off after me and put yourself in danger.
    "But...I didn't...I stayed here..." She pouts. "I'm sorry...I'll leave you be." She breaks the hug and goes to the inn.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Dwarf in the Playground

"But...I didn't...I stayed here..." She pouts. "I'm sorry...I'll leave you be." She breaks the hug and goes to the inn.

Mana wait...

John races off after Mana.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Banned

Mana wait...

John races off after Mana.
    You find her in the inn sitting at the bar. She doesn't react to you walking in and just continues with her drink. Judging by the fact that she's pouring it herself out a keg, something tells you she ordered a large one.

(1d20+3)[4]
    (1d20+2)[4]

19. - Top - End - #649

Danil flicks his fingers and four glowing little pink hearts appear above John's head. He follows at a slower pace, staying within range

Lego Ergo Sum

20. - Top - End - #650
    Banned

(2d2)[2] - Dex penalty
    (2d2)[3] - Wis Penalty

21. - Top - End - #651

Huh? Does that have anyting to do with us?

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #652
    Banned

She's making fortitude saves and taking penalties for being wasted. She's drowning her sorrows.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas turns to Kolth "Would you be so kind and keep an eye on them? We need someone reasonable here so they don't do anything stupid and I should go check the necromancer business." He looks at Danil joining the fun and rolls his eyes "Or can you at least keep Mana out of trouble? Expecting more would be expecting a miracle..." he says with a sigh.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #654
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas turns to Kolth "Would you be so kind and keep an eye on them? We need someone reasonable here so they don't do anything stupid and I should go check the necromancer business." He looks at Danil joining the fun and rolls his eyes "Or can you at least keep Mana out of trouble? Expecting more would be expecting a miracle..." he says with a sigh.
    "I will make sure Mana does not hurt herself. She needs a female friend to support her in her time of grief." Kolth bows, and wanders into the inn.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

You find her in the inn sitting at the bar. She doesn't react to you walking in and just continues with her drink. Judging by the fact that she's pouring it herself out a keg, something tells you she ordered a large one.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    John walks up to the bar and turns to Mana.

Mind if I have a seat

26. - Top - End - #656
    Banned

John walks up to the bar and turns to Mana.

Mind if I have a seat
    She ignores you, and continues drinking.

(1d20+1)[9]

(1d2)[1]
    (1d2)[2]

(Wow this woman cannot handle her alcohol).
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 05:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

She ignores you, and continues drinking.

[roll0]

[roll1]
    [roll2]

(Wow this woman cannot handle her alcohol).
    Mana Listen. It's not that I don't want you around I just... I just couldn't live with myself if you got yourself hurt or killed because of me. This whole being someone else is confusing to me. I know you lost someone close to you someone you hoped to marry and that isn't fair but I just need some time to figure things out.
    Last edited by Tantaburs; 2012-12-07 at 05:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I will make sure Mana does not hurt herself. She needs a female friend to support her in her time of grief." Kolth bows, and wanders into the inn.
    "Thank you."
    He says bowing back and goes to the guard's post to once again see the necromancer.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

29. - Top - End - #659

[OOC] Oops, forum glitched up. [/OOC]

[IC]

(whispers) "Bagsby's Nose-tweaking Hand"

A small glowing purple hand grabs Mana's nose, then pulls it sideways so she turns to face John.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-12-07 at 05:52 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

30. - Top - End - #660
    Banned

Mana Listen. It's not that I don't want you around I just... I just couldn't live with myself if you got yourself hurt or killed because of me. This whole being someone else is confusing to me. I know you lost someone close to you someone you hoped to marry and that isn't fair but I just need some time to figure things out.
    Kolth walks up to you guys. "Let me try to handle this, please. I think she needs help from another source." She puts her hand on Mana's shoulder. "Come with me. We'll discuss this in private."

Mana looks at you then her. Then gets up, and follows Kolth off. Kolth turns back and nods at you.