New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Is dragon-riding considered an insult, or is it more or less acceptable?
    Flat out asking to ride one, yes. Being offered a ride by one ordered by the Lord to take you up there, no.

Of course like all beings, some dragons are more open to it than others. There are dragonriders around, while some other dragons just relax in maid cafes.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Flat out asking to ride one, yes. Being offered a ride by one ordered by the Lord to take you up there, no.

Of course like all beings, some dragons are more open to it than others. There are dragonriders around, while some other dragons just relax in maid cafes.
    ... yeah Lee is one of a kind (or it is quite a strange world...)

To Kolth/Senhime "Do you have any means of transport we could take to meet the princess sooner, or should we just get ready and resume the long trip tomorrow?"

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

3. - Top - End - #753
    Banned

... yeah Lee is one of a kind (or it is quite a strange world...)

To Kolth/Senhime "Do you have any means of transport we could take to meet the princess sooner, or should we just get ready and resume the long trip tomorrow?"
    "I could go get a scroll of message and talk to her directly. We'd get there late night, if I pull rank and order some dragon in the area to take us now."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas nods "I will gather others."
    he says and goes around gathering others... and giving Mana the hangover cure...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

We should have a chance somewhere in all this to talk alone.

"Guys, I don't think we can head this off through diplomacy, so we need to get over there and squash Takeda pronto before they pick up an alliance with Tangshima or Shimazu or one of the other houses we need for our plans. Any ideas?"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"And are you up for killing people? They are not undead or monsters, but normal people, most of which don't even want to fight, but were conscripted into military.
    Even if we were to fight, we don't have an army, there is only a few of us. So there is no squashing there for us. We can try to find a solution which doesn't require fighting... or level up high enough so we don't need an army.
    Still it would be best to check if the dragon princess doesn't have any plan, before rushing into something..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

7. - Top - End - #757

"Fewer people die if we stop this quickly. The sooner Takeda surrenders, the fewer people get killed in battle and the less chance they have to make alliances and turn this into a full-scale war. I'm all for stopping this via diplomacy if possible, but I don't think the Grimoire will let us, and we need to know what to do in that case."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"That's why we need to see the princess. She might help us, with advice or army. Anyway we can't do much as we are right now.
    ... and if we went for blitz attack... I would go for the leaders... not the army..."
    Says Lucas, but he doesn't like the idea of killing others if it can be avoided...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

9. - Top - End - #759

"Just wanted to think ahead, let's see the princess."

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas nods and walks to Senhime "Any more news?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #761
    Banned

Lucas nods and walks to Senhime "Any more news?"
    Sehime has obtained the scroll and sent the message. "She's given me authority to pull rank on one of the dragons in the area. Come on. I know of one large enough for all of us who lives nearby."

She walks off.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

... and Lucas follows. (informing Mana/John duo on the way)

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

13. - Top - End - #763

I hope John's little squeegle can keep up with the rest of us. She'd better pick up some levels soon if she's to survive "Demonic D-Day"

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

John turns to Mana

Duty calls. You coming?

15. - Top - End - #765
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John turns to Mana

Duty calls. You coming?
    "Right." She says an gets up to follow.

Senhime leads to you a house where an older man is waiting.

"Sorry for pulling rank, but the war outbreak has pushed this from 'able to wait' to desperate' very quickly."

The man nods. "I understand fully. I pray it can be solved." He transforms into a colossal gold dragon and lies down. "Get on."

Senhime climbs aboard. "Come. The longer we wait the worse it gets."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Kind of intimidating..." whispers Lucas as he climbs after Senhime.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #767

Danil bows to the dragon and then climbs aboard.

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

John climbs onto the dragon and extends his hand to assist Mana

Hope you aren't afraid of heights

19. - Top - End - #769
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John climbs onto the dragon and extends his hand to assist Mana

Hope you aren't afraid of heights
    Mana climbs on and holds on to you tight. The dragon takes off, and you are amazed at the view. You fly straight up above the clouds and can see the whole kingdom, everything looks so tiny from above. You fly for a few hours and eventually see the top of the spire. With a city on top.

"That is the dragon sanctuary." Senhime explains. "Dragons who no longer play the game live there. As does our ruler. So be careful, almost every dragon here is a great wyrm or reaching it."

You land and get off, the dragon turns back into a human. "Glad to be of service to the Princess." He nods. "I will wait for you here."

"Won't you get bored?" Mana asks.

"You have no idea how much of your life is waiting when you're a dragon of my age. It's kind of relaxing actually, give me time to think."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-14 at 04:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Danil follows Senhime.

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"A place where everyone can kill us with sneeze... sounds like fun..." whispers Lucas as he follows Senhime.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #772

"I doubt dragons cast their breath weapons every time they sneeze. It'd ruin all this pretty architecture."

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I meant just the sneeze... it would be too much trouble and power to use breath weapon on us..." says Lucas with a smile.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #774
    Banned

Senhime leads you to the palace. It is....rather underwhelming. You would think this woman would live in some grand place. It looks not much bigger than a large tavern. The guildhouses some of you lived in where bigger.

You enter, and Senhime nods to a woman sitting on a chair looking over a map of Rosewood. A...wait...this can't be her, she looks like she's 10.

She turns to you. "Ah! Senhime you arrived! I was just analysing our plans for the war." She nods. "And you must be the guests Teru told me about. Pleasure to meet all of you." She bows. "I am Nova Ryu, the dragon princess. Judge of the great game." She then looks confused. "Wait where is the blonde girl? I had reports that some blonde girl associated with your group had caused massive upheveal in my game."

25. - Top - End - #775

(Danil, in Draconic)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That would be Patricia. She stayed behind in Oda. Good thing, too, as somebody tried to take out a bounty on her. Very resonable set of hunters, were perfectly willing to call it off when they realized it was breaking the rules.

But I haven't introduced myself. Baron Danil Drome at your service...

(bows)

(still in Draconic)
    Spoiler
    Show
    and these are my associates. Lucas, John, Mana, Sir Zachary Smith, and Tabitha Wright.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas raises an eyebrow, but then shrugs... there weren't many things which could surprise him now...
    "Nice to meet you, I am Lucas.

As for Mori... she stayed behind... couldn't part with her books..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #777
    Banned

"So is it Patricia or Mori?" she says raising her eyes. "A bounty that attacked a civilian huh?" She casts a spell, an image of a ninja male appears in front of her.

"Hanzou, investigate a bounty placed on Patrica from Oda, also known as Mori. I want a full report on anything you find."

She turns to you. "Do you have any other information on the hunters, that we can use during our search?"

28. - Top - End - #778

Danil continues, in Common so Lucas understands.

"It wasn't the hunters' fault, they didn't know it was an illegitimate bounty at first. They're called the Kuge sisters, appearantly they specialize in high-grade hits for the challenge. Bit freaked out by the Takuga project, though.

As for your question, Morithias had something really wierd happen with a spell he was trying out. Among other things, it gave him the location of every major dragon and turned him into a girl name Patricia."
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-12-14 at 05:10 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"And to answer further, if you need the information to find the employer... they were Kuge sisters..." says Lucas and turns to Danil speaking with a hint of irony in his voice

Lucas turns to Danil and says with a hint of irony
    Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How nice of you to finally speak in a language which everyone present can understand..."

Edit, because I was ninja'ed
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-14 at 05:13 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #780
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil continues, in Common so Lucas understands.

"It wasn't the hunters' fault, they didn't know it was an illegitimate bounty at first. They're called the Kuge sisters, appearantly they specialize in high-grade hits for the challenge. Bit freaked out by the Takuga project, though.

As for your question, Morithias had something really wierd happen with a spell he was trying out. Among other things, it gave him the location of every major dragon and turned him into a girl name Patricia."
    She nods. "Yes, but if we know who the hunters are we can ask them who hired them. Vassals and hunters are judged by the laws of the Rosewood kingdom. Only dragons are subject to my law. The dragon orders it, the dragon is at fault. It's not like many vassals can say no to their players, if just out of fear."

She sits back. "Tell me more about this spell. I am curious how it could he could gain so much information with one spell. The gender bending side effect is also odd. You wouldn't think those two would be in the same spell."

She turns to the ninja when you mention the sisters. "Did you get that?"

"Kuge Sisters. Patricia, Mori, Oda. Gotcha." He bows and vanishes.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-14 at 05:14 PM.