New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

"Sounds fun. Hmm... there are some things that might help us... place to sleep... it is quite late already... transport and maps so we could get to Takeda quite safely... and find the house where noble was killed.
    And, from the less probable, authority to investigate this murder would be nice... and psionic knowledge repository would be useful too..."

The last one was mentioned with 'wishful thinking' tone.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #812
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Sounds fun. Hmm... there are some things that might help us... place to sleep... it is quite late already... transport and maps so we could get to Takeda quite safely... and find the house where noble was killed.
    And, from the less probable, authority to investigate this murder would be nice... and psionic knowledge repository would be useful too..."

The last one was mentioned with 'wishful thinking' tone.
    "Well I certainly can let you stay at the tavern for free. Getting to Takeda, I can sort of do. I can have someone take you to the border but no further.

Patricia, "Didn't you just have someone kidnap me outright, and now you're saying you can't take us to the city itself."

Senhime: "We have an agreement with Takeda, no such contract with Oda was ever written."

Patricia sighs unhappily.

"I'm pretty sure the authority to investigate the murder would fall under your job from Oda. You can't get support if everyone is fighting."

Senhime nods. "Also, we know nothing about psionics, most of the dragons here can't even cast spells, having given it up for playing the game."

Nova nods. "Sorry, so anyone have anything else to say?"

"I'd like to use your library." Patricia speaks up.

Nova raises her eyebrows. "Why?"

Patricia, "Because a library kept for as long as a dragon lives is the only library that would likely have information on the fall of the craftswoman. I've checked the royal university, and found nothing. Push come to shove I might actually have to travel to Zeth for information."

Nova, "You can use the library, just don't put your personal life ahead of the mission."

"Right."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Would be too easy I guess...so... To Takeda!
    But first to Sleep!"

Says Lucas as he leaves the place, looking for the inn (unless someone wants something from him before he leaves).

He stops after few steps, turns around and says bowing.
    "Ah, Senhime, it was pleasure to travel with you."
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-15 at 06:41 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

"This should be interesting. I hope Pat is safe, and I really hope that the whole god thing works out."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Banned

You guys head to the Inn, which is oddly big and well-crafted given how rarely they must get visitors up here.

Patricia runs off to the library, eventually she returns a few hours later and goes to bed as well.

You sleep until the next morning with no problems.

6. - Top - End - #816

Zzzz....zzzz...zzzz
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Zzzz....zzzz...zzzz
    You wake up early the next morning to a loud scream coming from Patricia's room.

8. - Top - End - #818

Danil flies out of bed and rushes into the room with Veramorte in one hand and the other wreathed in flames

Lego Ergo Sum

9. - Top - End - #819
    Banned

Danil flies out of bed and rushes into the room with Veramorte in one hand and the other wreathed in flames
    Patricia is hiding under the sheets. "Get out." she says shaking. You look at the sheets and realize what is going on.

The sheets are stained red.

...around her waist...

Yeah...might be a good idea to get out.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-17 at 08:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #820

*Beat*

Danil gets out.

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #821
    Banned

*Beat*

Danil gets out.
    You pass Mana in the hallway. "Don't tell me. Girl randomly wakes up screaming...yeah I've seen this before. Let me handle this. I have enough supplies for both of us to get to Takeda although we'll have to resupply in Takeda probably."

She goes into Patricia's room in 5 minutes with a bunch of alchemical items and some new clothes. Lucky her and Patricia are about the same size.

Senhime shakes her head. "That girl cannot catch a break, can she?" She says when you enter the main room in the inn.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Yaawn, something happened?" asks Lucas, as he looks from his room, still half asleep...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-17 at 08:49 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

13. - Top - End - #823

"Try linking with Mori. You'll find his thoughts...interesting."

Tee he he.

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #824
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Yaawn, something happened?" asks Lucas, as he looks from his room, still half asleep...
    Mana comes out of the room and you hear Patricia getting dressed. "Patricia's on 'her' period. Something tells me she wasn't prepared for this, being brought here via teleport with no supplies....along with the whole "not really a girl" thing."

She shakes her head. "What do you think is going to happen to her next? This girl doesn't seem able to go 2 days without something screwing her over. I'd swear there was some god who she made angry if I wasn't so sure that wasn't the case."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-17 at 08:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825

"Yeah, I just really don't want that to happen. Leaving aside the moral and psycological horror, just trying to philosphically contempalte it gives me a headache."
    "See why I was worried about that now?

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas blinks few times, uncomprehending look on his face.
    "Period?... Oh... I thought someone was being murdered...
    ... Oh... not that far off I guess...
    ... What next? I suppose being kidnapped and almost forced to marriage would be next, as far as these kinds of strange stories go..."

He looks at himself, more awareness in his eyes.
    "Now, if you excuse me, I need to get some clothes..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

17. - Top - End - #827
    Banned

"Right. Right." Mana nods. She knocks on the door. "You okay in there?"

"Yeah, just give me a few more seconds...okay, I'm done."

Patricia comes out of her room, her face red. "Okay... I think I can make it to Takeda." She nods. "Let's go eat." She runs downstairs to the main room.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas appears downstairs after few minutes, in fresh clothes, shaved and all... although he did use protective spells before using the razor..."I need food. And coffee. A lot of both... not dragon-style-lot... but human-style-lot would be just fine..."
    After getting the coffee
    "God bless the not-fitting-to-medieval-setting parts of this world!"

He looks happy.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #829
    Banned

You're served your food "on the house" as guests of the Princess.

"Oh right one more thing." Senhime says dropping a bag of gold in front of you guys. "5000 gold for payment for our kidnapping." She nods. "Tokugawa will aid with Takuga, but we need to settle the war first. I've arranged for transport to Takeda and Imagawa."

Mana speaks up. "I'm heading to Imagawa to set up the trade route and make funding. Patricia where are you going?"

"I'd prefer to head to a nature world, where I can get some relaxation...." she starts then sighs. "Then again Takeda is more my urban style of living, and I'm less likely to be mauled by a bear, plus Teru ordered me there. So I kind of need to go."

Senhime nods. "I'm heading to Imagawa too. That way I can contact their leaders and attempt to make them see the purpose of Takuga."

Patricia is wearing a merchant's outfit similar to Mana's style. "Remind me to buy a ring of cleaning or something for our clothes in Takeda." She sighs.

20. - Top - End - #830

"I'm not sure whether it would be smarter to stick with us and have protection or leave us and hopefully be seperated from our ta'veren powers. Then again, it might be that we'll need you and you'll keep getting jerked back roughly by fate every time you try to seperate from us."

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #831
    Banned

"I'm not sure whether it would be smarter to stick with us and have protection or leave us and hopefully be seperated from our ta'veren powers. Then again, it might be that we'll need you and you'll keep getting jerked back roughly by fate every time you try to seperate from us."
    "Fair point. Takeda it is."

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"You know what, guys... we already have quite a bit of gold... do we need anything?
    ...Except more Powah!"
    Says Lucas.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

23. - Top - End - #833

"I think I'm fine with what I have. The funds won't really be needed till we start on Takuga itself."

Lego Ergo Sum