New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "Makes sense I suppose." one noble replies and goes back to eating slowly.
    "So what do you think of this ascension?" Danil enquires of the noble. He scoops up a purpleberry tart and starts munching.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

I guess this helps a bit. I still need to figure out more. I'll just follow Mana's lead for now.

Deciding he has found out all he can from his room John sits at his desk awaiting Mana's return

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "So what do you think of this ascension?" Danil enquires of the noble. He scoops up a purpleberry tart and starts munching.
    "She's a smart lady. Knows what she's doing. Most of the houses are in support with the rare exception." He says talking like politician and dodging the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    I guess this helps a bit. I still need to figure out more. I'll just follow Mana's lead for now.

Deciding he has found out all he can from his room John sits at his desk awaiting Mana's return
    Mana returns with a nice meal and places it down. "Now...while you eat let's going over this slowly....what..is...ailing you?" She asks, clearly worried for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    "Aw..." "Ok cliched pinch in the arm check, does not seem to be dream, at least not the usual one." he keeped looking around, more calmly, trying not to look too inconspicuous, from what he saw and heard he was in some soert of boarding school, but of what nature "Back to school hum.". He hurriedly dressed himself and started rummaging through all the nearest stuff, looking for clues.
    You find various magical items and arcana books, that look like something you couldn't understand, but you can read them clear as day. You also find some homework that clearly has your handwritting.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-08 at 12:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Danil looks around the room, hoping to spot a schedule of tournaments or something like that

God alone knows what I'm supposed to be doing at this festival...or what i'll actually end up doing, for that matter.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas walks back to guild with the letter in his hand.
    "Can you lead me to guildmas... father? I guess he would like to have the answer as fast as possible..."

"And hopefully there would be some breakfast later on..." He mutters as he listens to directions.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

~Reader~

There doesn't really seem to be one posted. Eventually the princess comes in and sits down and sips a cup of tea while eating gracefully. Everyone seems formal yet causal, you get the feeling this woman prefers to keep everything easy going. No one addresses her outside of a basic hello. Apparently she doesn't like to talk while eating.

~Lexin~

He guides you to your father's office and you hand him the letter he looks it over. "Well done, now go get something to eat, and enjoy the festival. Real work starts tomorrow." He smiles at you and calmly goes back to his paperwork.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas tries to get some breakfast (guided by Loiosh). Is there a hall where they eat? Are there many people there?
    "Are my tasks always this ... exciting?"
    He asks Loiosh as he walks, only with a slightly ironic tone...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

You find various magical items and arcana books, that look like something you couldn't understand, but you can read them clear as day. You also find some homework that clearly has your handwritting.
    "This is impossible" he sat on the bed reading through the various books and notes he found "It can't be real" he stood there for at least an hour, half scared and half excited. Eventually he put the books down, after a few more minutes he rose and went outside, very careful not to attract too much attention on himself. It seemed there was a lot of excitement in the air, and staying there would not have brought any more answers.
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

~Lexin~

"Um...that was the first task he's ever given you, most of your time is spent studying and crafting stuff."

~Blue~

There seems to be a lot of talk about a festival while some people are talking about exams and other studies. A few of the mages are exercising, including one girl in what looks like weighted clothing. She waves to you as you walk by.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Sounds fascinating...
    Is there anything else that can be done by guild members? I don't know... travelling, helping guards with mindreading the criminals to see if they are guilty, fighting monsters to protect weak citizens?
    ... Or was it just me who was that... inactive?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Sounds fascinating...
    Is there anything else that can be done by guild members? I don't know... travelling, helping guards with mindreading the criminals to see if they are guilty, fighting monsters to protect weak citizens?
    ... Or was it just me who was that... inactive?"
    "You can do all that, except reading the minds of criminals...that's considered invasion of privacy."

12. - Top - End - #72

As he contemplates the breakfast, the princess, and his fellow nobles, Danil wonders vaugely what he's supposed to be doing here. His mind correlates hints and hopes, producing vast chimeras of thought that he knows probably aren't true. His mind snags on the odd remarks of the noble. Perhaps the princess's rule is not as stable as it appears?

Stop! You can worry about that later, right now try not to make a doofus of yourself. You've got to find out what happens next!

He refocuses on the dialog around him, listening for any clue as to the rest of the day's plans.

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"You can do all that, except reading the minds of criminals...that's considered invasion of privacy."
    "Seriously?... Hmm, makes sense...
    But isn't there a legal warrant for something like this? Like searching the house, to search for evidence? I would make polic... guards job much easier.

Hmm, to what extend affecting somebody's mind is illegal? Would Attraction power be considered a criminal act? Would Charm?"

Spoiler
    Show

Barrage of questions after finding an interesting topic... with a bit of law devotion. Still it would be nice to know something about the laws in this world before I do something stupid...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

14. - Top - End - #74
    Banned

"Seriously?... Hmm, makes sense...
    But isn't there a legal warrant for something like this? Like searching the house, to search for evidence? I would make polic... guards job much easier.

Hmm, to what extend affecting somebody's mind is illegal? Would Attraction power be considered a criminal act? Would Charm?"

Spoiler
    Show

Barrage of questions after finding an interesting topic... with a bit of law devotion. Still it would be nice to know something about the laws in this world before I do something stupid...
    "Search the house yes, search the minds no. Also charm and that is considered very iffy, depending on how you use it. Using charm to stop someone from attacking you. Okay. Using charm to sleep with a woman or get a discount on good..that's rape or theft. The princess is very strict about these kinds of things. Most of the laws are fairly basic and logical, you can find a book at the city hall on it."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

As he contemplates the breakfast, the princess, and his fellow nobles, Danil wonders vaugely what he's supposed to be doing here. His mind correlates hints and hopes, producing vast chimeras of thought that he knows probably aren't true. His mind snags on the odd remarks of the noble. Perhaps the princess's rule is not as stable as it appears?

Stop! You can worry about that later, right now try not to make a doofus of yourself. You've got to find out what happens next!

He refocuses on the dialog around him, listening for any clue as to the rest of the day's plans.
    "So who do you think is going to win in the fight between Sir Zachery Smith and Leila?"

"Definitely Leila. She's the Princess's bodyguard for a reason."

"Yeah, but didn't she use to command the gold unit? Why did she leave that position?"

"Well that's cause of that sister of hers...The Crescent Dragon. We've had months of peace since she took command of the guards. No orc is brave enough to fight her."

"Why isn't she fighting in the tournament?"

"She's too violent. Loves to fight that woman, I'd hate to think of what would happen if she turned on the crown, a lot of the knights look up to her."

16. - Top - End - #76

"So who do you think is going to win in the fight between Sir Zachery Smith and Leila?"

"Definitely Leila. She's the Princess's bodyguard for a reason."

"Yeah, but didn't she use to command the gold unit? Why did she leave that position?"

"Well that's cause of that sister of hers...The Crescent Dragon. We've had months of peace since she took command of the guards. No orc is brave enough to fight her."

"Why isn't she fighting in the tournament?"

"She's too violent. Loves to fight that woman, I'd hate to think of what would happen if she turned on the crown, a lot of the knights look up to her."
    Danil interjects, "Yeah, It's been my impression from the histories that that sort of person makes a very good champion or general, but a very bad leader in peacetime. They have an uncomfortable tendency to pick stupid fights with their neighbors. Best for them and everyone else to keep them in loyal service to someone wise enough (he guestures in the general direction of the princess) to direct them properly."

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #77

Huh, that's weird. I would have though my mind would be a bit more inventive than that. I wonder if this Sir Zachary Smith looks anything like the real one. I guess I'll find out.

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Search the house yes, search the minds no. Also charm and that is considered very iffy, depending on how you use it. Using charm to stop someone from attacking you. Okay. Using charm to sleep with a woman or get a discount on good..that's rape or theft. The princess is very strict about these kinds of things. Most of the laws are fairly basic and logical, you can find a book at the city hall on it."
    "Makes sense, I guess."
    Lucas answers, deep in thoughts. Taking a mental note to look for the mentioned book.

Still, reading mind would be quite similar to polygraph...

"Hmm, do I have any friends or acquaintances? It would be strange if I talked to them and they didn't recognize me..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

"Makes sense, I guess."
    Lucas answers, deep in thoughts. Taking a mental note to look for the mentioned book.

Still, reading mind would be quite similar to polygraph...

"Hmm, do I have any friends or acquaintances? It would be strange if I talked to them and they didn't recognize me..."
    "Well there was your one friend at the Merchant's guild. You guys went to the bar yesterday after doing your jobs. You get along well, cause you're both young members of various guilds in the kingdom. I think his name was John."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

So there is a connection to my own memories...

Lucas slowly finishes eating and decides to look for Zachary. He seemed to be the most known man-with-familiar-name here.
    There is a chance he knows what is going on... unless I am just dreaming or crazy. And with this optimistic thoughts he walks towards knight quarters (using psicrystal GPS)

Then a thought strikes him.
    "Have I ever met Zachary?"
    ...if not it could complicate things a bit...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

So there is a connection to my own memories...

Lucas slowly finishes eating and decides to look for Zachary. He seemed to be the most known man-with-familiar-name here.
    There is a chance he knows what is going on... unless I am just dreaming or crazy. And with this optimistic thoughts he walks towards knight quarters (using psicrystal GPS)

Then a thought strikes him.
    "Have I ever met Zachary?"
    ...if not it could complicate things a bit...
    "Not sure, maybe once or twice. Zachary tends to talk mostly to the other knights."

You approach the knight quarters. One of the squires there tells you Zachary went to the arena to watch the squire's practice.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Thank you."
    Lucas nods and goes to arena.

He doesn't approach Zachary from the beginning, at first he just tries to find out if he looks the same here and if he recognizes Lucas as he stands nearby.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

23. - Top - End - #83

With none of the other nobles seeming interested in his remark, Danil turns his mind to the drinks table.

This is my delusion, it should be here. Come on... honeypunch, honeypunch, honeypuch.

[OOC] Honeypuch is a drink from some of my worlds. It somehow manages to be as sweet as honey but as clear, fluid, and refreshing as water. [OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

With none of the other nobles seeming interested in his remark, Danil turns his mind to the drinks table.

This is my delusion, it should be here. Come on... honeypunch, honeypunch, honeypuch.

[OOC] Honeypuch is a drink from some of my worlds. It somehow manages to be as sweet as honey but as clear, fluid, and refreshing as water. [OOC]
    You find no Honeypuch, you do find a similar tasting drink which they refer to as "Elven Meed" however.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-08 at 04:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Danil pours himself a mug of meed and sips it while listening for another gap in the conversation (or for clues). He also steals a lot of glances at the princess, as moving to the drinks table has put him closer to her.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-08 at 04:20 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

There seems to be a lot of talk about a festival while some people are talking about exams and other studies. A few of the mages are exercising, including one girl in what looks like weighted clothing. She waves to you as you walk by.
    He walked slowly through the hallways, there was a lot of people around, he keeped bumping to other, distracted as it was by looking stunned left and right, he had never seen anything like it, "Seems like Hogwarts" after a while he reached an open space where young people were practicing, he kept on walking, slower than before, watching fascinated, until he noticed a girl waving at him.

He almost stopped cold, he gazed around a little, but it actually seemed the girl was actually waving at him, after almost a minute of indecision he got a little closer, trying to sound casual greeted the stranger. "Hi"
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Danil pours himself a mug of meed and sips it while listening for another gap in the conversation (or for clues).
    "So Princess." One starts after she's done eating and has relaxed in her chair.

"Do you have any idea about who you're going to task as your spouse? You'll need to produce a heir of your own in a few years."

"I have an idea of who I want." the Princess begins.

"Who?" they all ask excited.

"Calm down. He is a man who enjoys his privacy, he doesn't like fame, but I've taken quite the liking to him."

"How are you sure you can trust him then?" One asks.

"Quite simple...I'm his chance to get everything he's ever wanted. To be happy. So long as I keep him happy, he'll stay loyal."

Every mutters wondering who she could be talking about.

~Blue~

"Hey! Glad to see you're up! Want to help me practice?" She smiles happily. "You kind of owe me after I gave you my notes for yesterday's test." She teases you. When she smiles you notice something odd, namely the fact that she has fangs.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-08 at 04:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

"So Princess." One starts after she's done eating and has relaxed in her chair.

"Do you have any idea about who you're going to task as your spouse? You'll need to produce a heir of your own in a few years."

"I have an idea of who I want." the Princess begins.

"Who?" they all ask excited.

"Calm down. He is a man who enjoys his privacy, he doesn't like fame, but I've taken quite the liking to him."

"How are you sure you can trust him then?" One asks.

"Quite simple...I'm his chance to get everything he's ever wanted. To be happy. So long as I keep him happy, he'll stay loyal."

Every mutters wondering who she could be talking about.

~Blue~

"Hey! Glad to see you're up! Want to help me practice?" She smiles happily. "You kind of owe me after I gave you my notes for yesterday's test." She teases you. When she smiles you notice something odd, namely the fact that she has fangs.
    Danil's mind briefly whirls through a moment of utter vertigo.

I obviously have a history here I know nothing about...and I am part of the nobility...and I've appearantly been around here for a while...WOOHOOEEEK!!

Ok, calm down, she probably doesn't mean you. Yeah right, this is your delusion, of course she means you. We do...

SHUT UP!

[OOC] @Blue This should be neat. Wonder if she's in the mood for a snack? [OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

Danil's mind briefly whirls through a moment of utter vertigo.

I obviously have a history here I know nothing about...and I am part of the nobility...and I've appearantly been around here for a while...WOOHOOEEEK!!

Ok, calm down, she probably doesn't mean you. Yeah right, this is your delusion, of course she means you. We do...

SHUT UP!

[OOC] @Blue This should be neat. Wonder if she's in the mood for a snack? [OOC]
    The princess stands up. "Well I better go get bathed, dressed, and so on for the ceremony. I can't go through with the ceremony looking like I just ate and with ink all over my hands."

She leaves the room and exits, everyone immediately bursts into discussion.

"So what kind of guy do you think it is? Is it one of the knights?"

"It could be someone from outside of Oda. Maybe one of the other family heads."

"She said she could make him happy...that could mean anyone, anyone would love to marry the princess!"

"The fact she won't tell us who he is makes me question her slightly, what if he turns out to be bad?"

"She's not that stupid, and her parents wouldn't let her marry someone they don't know!"

Everyone goes into debate.

30. - Top - End - #90

Danil's head is awhirl, and he knows he must be blushing a bit, which probably won't help matters. He's trying to get the two chains of thought in his head to stop arguing, but they won't shut up (it doesn't help that he keeps wondering if the nobles are talking about him) and the Shipping thread has just remembered something very important.

(Shipper Thoughts)That game, when Mori read the spell to grant us our wishes, I wished to be the brave heroic knight, and that's come true, but I think I also wished something about marrying the princess. And if the first wish has come true...

(Common Sense)Think about something else, you doofus! You don't want to stir up any rumors until you're sure if they're justified.

(Shipper Thoughts Again) Well, the princess is cute.

(Snarky Observations) Boy, talk about UST. You're going to have to figure this out soon, you know.

(Danil Himself) All of me, SHUT UP! I need to listen to what these people are saying, someone might tell me where I'm supposed to go next.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-08 at 10:10 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum