Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 833
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Zachary Smith

    Sir Zachary Smith stands and watching the squire's spar, attempting to probe his knowledge about medieval combat.

    Interesting, I seem to remember much more about sword skill and combat than I remember....and that comment coupled with an internal dialog makes me lean towards a bit of crazy....

    He also takes the time to scan the crowd looking for anything out of place...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Que first PC PC interaction?

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary Smith

    Sir Zachary Smith stands and watching the squire's spar, attempting to probe his knowledge about medieval combat.

    Interesting, I seem to remember much more about sword skill and combat than I remember....and that comment coupled with an internal dialog makes me lean towards a bit of crazy....

    He also takes the time to scan the crowd looking for anything out of place...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Que first PC PC interaction?
    You notice someone who looks similar to someone from the D&D group watching, particularly with an interest in you. You recognize him, and either think your brain is uncreative, or well...whatever you would think at that point.

    And yes.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil
    A voice snaps out of your mental argument. "Come on Baron Danil. Let's go enjoy the festival. Only comes along every 20 years or so." One of the nobles nods at you and stands up, the others follow suit.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    "Indeed! Let us enjoy this happy day and toast the success of some lucky man!" remarks Danil, making a toasting guesture with the last of his mead as he follows the others out of the dining room.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Zachary notices the man watching him and he reminds him of a player from his group...(Insert Physical Description Here)....

    Interesting....well its worth a shot....

    Looking at the man Zachary taps the edge of his Mithril Great Sword, "Two Die Six isn't bad." hoping that if the statement made no sense to the person he would be in the clear.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Tantaburs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Mana returns with a nice meal and places it down. "Now...while you eat let's going over this slowly....what..is...ailing you?" She asks, clearly worried for you.
    Im... Im fine i must have just hit my head when i got up this morning. Thanks for the food it was really thoughtful of you. We should be heading to the castle soon shouldn't we.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Im... Im fine i must have just hit my head when i got up this morning. Thanks for the food it was really thoughtful of you. We should be heading to the castle soon shouldn't we.
    "Let me check your head." She demands. She seems not very firey, but very worried. She clearly has something for you, or at least...for the other you, whoever he was. "You forgot our shipping company, the deal we made with each other to forge connections all over the kingdom. That was our promise remember? Remember the promise we made when we were just little kids?!"

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Tantaburs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "Let me check your head." She demands. She seems not very firey, but very worried. She clearly has something for you, or at least...for the other you, whoever he was. "You forgot our shipping company, the deal we made with each other to forge connections all over the kingdom. That was our promise remember? Remember the promise we made when we were just little kids?!"
    Of course I remember out promise Mana. I'll be fine don't worry. Lets head to the castle we can't be late for the Princess' Coming of Age ceremony now can we.

    John walks over to his desk to begin collecting his things. As he is grabbing his bag he notices a Mummified elf hand hanging from a golden chain.

    Is that... Okay this can't be good.

    He quickly shoves it into his bag as if trying to deny it's existance. He then grabs a nearby cloak and turns back to Mana.

    Thank you for all this. It's nice to know that i have someone looking out for me but i really am fine. It's just been a stressful few months the pressure must have gotten to me.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    "Alright John..." she says still somewhat worried. She stands up and leaves the room. "Just remember that I care."

    She walks down the hallway, leaving you to consider these new developments.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary notices the man watching him and he reminds him of a player from his group...(Insert Physical Description Here)....

    Interesting....well its worth a shot....

    Looking at the man Zachary taps the edge of his Mithril Great Sword, "Two Die Six isn't bad." hoping that if the statement made no sense to the person he would be in the clear.
    Lucas

    He smiles a bit, mostly in relief.
    "I prefer higher crit rate myself... Eighteen to twenty is my favorite... still your choice. *pause* Nice to see someone who I actually remember, any idea what's going on?"
    His smile is fading at the last sentence.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-09 at 01:32 AM.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    The wizard look at you. "We're suppose to be adding some final touches to the banners and arena, for the tournament for the Princess's birthday. After that we pretty much have the day to ourselves, to study and celebrate. Maybe make some more magical items to sell. We'll see how everything goes."
    Tabatha lets out a weakly heh when he looks at her, "Ah. That sounds like a lot of fun. I prepared those spells like you told me. Plus some extra. It was easier than I thought. Well at least till... I think I might of overdone it a bit, hurt my head a little." Thankfully the pain didn't last all that long, can barely feel it now she thinks to herself. As the conversation moves on she munches on the bread and clears her throat with some water. When he mentions magical items her eyes light up. "Magic items.", she says with a certain degree of enthusiasm. Catching her tone she pulls back from her last statement, "Right, of course that makes sense..." Great one Tabatha, way to keep the guise on. This whole situation does have too much in common with my wish to be a coincidence. This guy knows about magic maybe I should just tell him about the spell..or maybe I shouldn't try to look crazier than I already do. Can't really press too hard with the questions else it'll seem suspicious. I need to find someone that doesn't know me.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Elbeyon

    The wizard checks out the window after you finish your meals. He uses a basic spell to clean you both up. "Come now, we must get to the arena and cast our spells. We'll walk today, since I didn't have enough slots to prepare a teleport spell, plus those things have a tendency to backfire when you need it most."

    He rushes you out the door and to the arena. You enter the actual tournament area (rather than the practice area), and he tells you to glitterdust up two banners that are on opposite sides of the arena, while he starts using magic to shape the earth into an even level and repair minor damage done to the arena that's still there.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Blue Lantern's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    ~Blue~

    "Hey! Glad to see you're up! Want to help me practice?" She smiles happily. "You kind of owe me after I gave you my notes for yesterday's test." She teases you. When she smiles you notice something odd, namely the fact that she has fangs.
    Rupert

    "O...K" he said hesitantly, "Crap, what should I do now" he was afraid he would panick, but tried to keep a cool facade. "What do you want me to do" asked trying not to sound too tense, even if part of him wanted to run.


    [OOC] @Reader: As long as she doesn't chew too hard...[OOC]
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

    "I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Tantaburs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "Alright John..." she says still somewhat worried. She stands up and leaves the room. "Just remember that I care."

    She walks down the hallway, leaving you to consider these new developments.
    John

    As Mana leaves, John composes himself to leave.


    *sigh* Come on John just keep it together for today then you can figure out what the hell is going on here.

    Grabbing his bag and fastening his cloak he heads downstairs.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

    He smiles a bit, mostly in relief.
    "I prefer higher crit rate myself... Eighteen to twenty is my favorite... still your choice. *pause* Nice to see someone who I actually remember, any idea what's going on?"
    His smile is fading at the last sentence.
    Zachary

    "Keen Kukri kinda guy like always..." a brief smile crosses his face, "No idea whats going on, figured it was a pretty intense dream....woke up with a naked women in my bed, found out I'm a badass with a sword and a Gish to boot...Amy is going to kill me about that naked woman part, but hell, its my dream." His brow furrows, "Why are you in my dream?"

    Why is he in my dream?
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-09 at 11:51 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary

    "Keen Kukri kinda guy like always..." a brief smile crosses his face, "No idea whats going on, figured it was a pretty intense dream....woke up with a naked women in my bed, found out I'm a badass with a sword and a Gish to boot...Amy is going to kill me about that naked woman part, but hell, its my dream." His brow furrows, "Why are you in my dream?"

    Why is he in my dream?
    You can see a frown on Lucas's face
    "Aww! There was no naked woman in my bed! And sorry to tell you this, but if it indeed is a dream then it is mine.
    ...
    ... And according to my vast knowledge gained from movies, it is not a dream. I pinched myself - it hurt - so not a dream..."

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Zachary

    Chuckling, "Valid theory, best I've heard yet. But, if Amy shows up in my dream, its going to turn into a nightmare..."

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    ~Blue~

    "Just spot me so I don't injure myself. Of course I wouldn't say no to our little ritual...have you been eating a lot of meat lately? You smell soooo good today."

    She starts exercising some more and you find it odd, that you're friends with what is clearly some sort of vampire, probably a half-one, due to the fact she's not bursting into flames.

    ~Tantaburs~

    The florists have prepared and arranged the flowers in a nice design, all you and Mana need to do is take it to the castle and deliver it. She can't drag you like before since she's carrying it, but she urges you to hurry along and is out the door like quick brown fox.

    ~Zman and Lexin~

    You are getting some odd looks from the squires but no one is brave enough to question it, figuring it's just some kind of friendly slang, or joking around.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    As Danil enters the arena, he notices two familiar faces just a few rows down from this entrance. Seeing the crowd freely meandering, he manuevers down to get to the two.

    Please let this work. Please let this work the way I think it will.

    He arrived at their box and tapped the one he thought was Zachary on the shoulder.

    "Sir Zachary Smith, I believe? Baron Danil Drome at your service."

    De soviendei noi savaigan.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Blue Lantern's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    ~Blue~

    "Just spot me so I don't injure myself. Of course I wouldn't say no to our little ritual...have you been eating a lot of meat lately? You smell soooo good today."

    She starts exercising some more and you find it odd, that you're friends with what is clearly some sort of vampire, probably a half-one, due to the fact she's not bursting into flames.
    He felt his face redden at her world, which was all well and good after all, it should have prevented worse embarrassment "This is so weird." he was caressing the idea to run away screaming, but the girl didn't seem threatening, and he needed to learn more about the place, least risk some major failing in his ignorance.
    Trying to deviate the subject he asked, in what hoped was a casual tone, "Any plan for today, going to see the festival?"
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

    "I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    He felt his face redden at her world, which was all well and good after all, it should have prevented worse embarrassment "This is so weird." he was caressing the idea to run away screaming, but the girl didn't seem threatening, and he needed to learn more about the place, least risk some major failing in his ignorance.
    Trying to deviate the subject he asked, in what hoped was a casual tone, "Any plan for today, going to see the festival?"
    "Of course. Only comes every 20 years or so." She finishes up her exercises, she then licks her lips. "May I feed on you?" She asks innocently and causally. "Need my blood so I don't get tired, you know." She sticks her tongue out at you teasingly.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "Of course. Only comes every 20 years or so." She finishes up her exercises, she then licks her lips. "May I feed on you?" She asks innocently and causally. "Need my blood so I don't get tired, you know." She sticks her tongue out at you teasingly.
    [OOC] And I thought my guy had UST![OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned
     
    Morithias's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    [OOC] And I thought my guy had UST![OOC]
    [OOC] To be fair, she's a half-vampire with blood dependency. It's less sexual tension to her, and more just a meal. Although it could become something more. :P[/OOC]

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary

    Chuckling, "Valid theory, best I've heard yet. But, if Amy shows up in my dream, its going to turn into a nightmare..."
    "If she shows up here I will try to talk to her long enough for you to run far far away, my good Sir.
    ...I think I could try to calm her with my newly gained... or dreamed powers, but it seems it is considered illegal.
    ...
    ... On the other hand, it would probably count as self-defense...

    He concludes with a thoughtful look on his face. (And trying to keep from laughing...)

    As Danil enters the arena, he notices two familiar faces just a few rows down from this entrance. Seeing the crowd freely meandering, he manuevers down to get to the two.

    Please let this work. Please let this work the way I think it will.

    He arrived at their box and tapped the one he thought was Zachary on the shoulder.

    "Sir Zachary Smith, I believe? Baron Danil Drome at your service."

    De soviendei noi savaigan.
    Lucas bows politely when he sees Danil. Keeping serious and polite expression on his face he says.
    "My Lord, I am delighted to make your acquaintance. I am Lucas, son of Laguna of Psion's Guild.
    Please meet my dear friend, Sir Zachary Smith, the great champion whose fight we would have the privilege to see just in a couple of hours.
    May I inquire, what brings you here, my lord?"

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    "Greetings, Lucas," replies Danil.

    "And in answer to your question, I wish to discuss magical theory with you, in particular a certain spell that you both doubtless remember. Would you prefer to compare experiences now or later?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Zachary

    Turning to the newcomer and pushing his lucky, "Old' Danny boy!" as he smacks hi on the back...

    I doubt that was appropriate!

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Danil laughs. "Good to see you too!"

    (whispering) "Does this mean that you know you know me? Cause that would be nice to know if you know."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Zachary

    With a big smile, "True wisdom is knowing that in truth you know nothing."

    Looking with a grin, "What? Too Cryptic. Call me a white Yoda."

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ReaderAt2046's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    "Ah, but you can know nothing because there is nothing to know, or because you know nothing of that which there is to know. And here and now, knowing the difference is crucial.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

    Expe tegime kihede decimi minapi feat.

    Lego Ergo Sum

    __________________________________________

    "Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

    Lucas

    "Hmm, judging from the stares others give us I am afraid we might be locked in local mental asylum in nearest future...

    Anyway, how is it going? ... I mean for you. Here.
    I know for example that Zachary already slept with some random girl... and he will fight in tournament. Nice start by the way... I only got a job as messenger and delivered a letter to the princess..."

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •