New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Danil (whispering, to Lexin) "Can you do telepathy yet? I don't want to say this in front of a crowd unless I have to."

To Zach: "Huh, either you've been really busy or you've been here longer than I have. I only arrived this morning." (whispers) "Do you know if I'm supposed to be in the tournament? I can't find a list of matches anywhere."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He looks at Danil, slightly disappointed.
    "No, not yet at least... I guess it takes some more practice... unless...
    ... Yes... actually I can, it is only temporary, but will work!

... I wanted to test something anyway...

He says, smile and guilt fighting for a place on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

Manifesting Mindlink, including Danil and Zachary.
    It would work 40 minutes. (using Overchannel + Talented)

1. 2. 3. Telepathic microphone test!
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-09 at 04:30 PM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

3. - Top - End - #123

Danil concentrated, trying to project his thoughts.

I think the princess may want to marry me. I was at a brunch for the nobles and someone asked the princess about her marital plans. She said she has someone in mind but didn't say who. But I've got a gut feeling that she meant me. And I did wish to become the brave knight who marries the princess when Mori read that weird book to us.

We need to get together after this and compare notes. Whatever any of us can find about the others could be really helpful.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-09 at 05:39 PM.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Technically I didn't sleep next to her...I woke up net to her with clear evidence and a lack of clothing...and her name is Leila?? And she is the Princess' bodyguard...going after royalty? Ehh ambitious.

He laughs outloud, the makes it look like he was laughing a a poor squire who had just been marked for a slow upwards block...

I just Laughed Lout Loud....snicker snicker. Serious Time. What is going on, we've ruled a dream as unlikely.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"We are actually from here but some foreign spy used some high level insanity spell on us?
    We were abducted by aliens?
    Mori's spell actually worked?
    I have hallucinations after Kate's cooking?"

*pause*
    "No more ideas for now..."

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #126

Zachary

and our best explanation is the spell worked.... as Zachary does a minor magical trick scooping light out of the air and letting it whips away.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-09 at 05:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Great, so I may be marrying the princess and Zach is romancing the princesses's bodyguard. Now all we need is for Lexin to be the long-lost prince or something.

As for what's going on, I've been using the working hypothesis that I finally decided to go completely crazy. I've been considering going crazy for a while, but it was never really the right time. But the idea about Mori's spell actually working seems a good one to.

Say, or well I suppose think, have any of you seen the others? If Mori's spell really worked it should have zapped all six of us. Don't know what it would do to Mori, he didn't make any wish.

Wait...Lucas, can anyone eavesdrop on us when we're mindspeaking like this?

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

To Zachary, with uncertainty "I wouldn't rule out Kate's cooking so quickly..."

To Danil "It is possible to eavesdrop, but I was informed that these kinds of spells are illegal here, so the chance is slim. The only one who could be listening, if he cares, is Loiosh... He says showing his psicrystal ...and, at this topic, Loiosh informed me that there are people around the city with the same names as members of our group, I would assume that it isn't coincidence... The only one he doesn't know is Mori... But as far as we know he might have wanted to be a secret agent... and we wouldn't hear about him by chance..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

9. - Top - End - #129

Ok, let's see. Lucas, what's the range on this telepathy power? I should probably be heading up to the booth with the rest of the nobility, and it would be really helpful if we could stay in contact a bit longer.

Oh, and Zachary, since you seem to be boinking the Princess's cheif bodyguard, you should know that she's got a psycho sister. Heard some nobles talking about her earlier. Here's the memory...

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "So who do you think is going to win in the fight between Sir Zachery Smith and Leila?"

"Definitely Leila. She's the Princess's bodyguard for a reason."

"Yeah, but didn't she use to command the gold unit? Why did she leave that position?"

"Well that's cause of that sister of hers...The Crescent Dragon. We've had months of peace since she took command of the guards. No orc is brave enough to fight her."

"Why isn't she fighting in the tournament?"

"She's too violent. Loves to fight that woman, I'd hate to think of what would happen if she turned on the crown, a lot of the knights look up to her."
    Don't know whether you want to do anything about the Crescent Dragon, but I thought you might want to know.

BTW, Lucas, does "Loiosh" know anything about me?

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #130

[OOC] To be fair, she's a half-vampire with blood dependency. It's less sexual tension to her, and more just a meal. Although it could become something more. :P[/OOC]
    [OOC] I was more thinking of the "don't get tired" (with teasing tounge stickout!) and the "our little ritual", not to mention the "you smell soooo good".[/OOC]
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-09 at 07:35 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"The range? ... this plane of existence as far as I know, so don't worry too much about it...

As for Loiosh's knowledge... I don't know... Do you Loiosh?

Morithias
    Spoiler
    Show

Can Loiosh access our telepathic network?
    If not, Lucas would just relay questions/answers.
    Question asked now 'What do you know about Danil?'

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"The range? ... this plane of existence as far as I know, so don't worry too much about it...

As for Loiosh's knowledge... I don't know... Do you Loiosh?

Morithias
    Spoiler
    Show

Can Loiosh access our telepathic network?
    If not, Lucas would just relay questions/answers.
    Question asked now 'What do you know about Danil?'
    "I don't know anything in particular about him. I didn't even know you two knew each other until now. I'm just an extension of your mind...or at least I thought I was...this is a real twist to me."

(I have no idea if he can, I guess he can, but if anyone can find a definite answer on this we'll go with that, I SUCK at psionics).

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

To Loiosh "Don't worry buddy, you are a real lifesaver for me right now."

To Danil "It seems we won't get all the answers unfortunately..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

John

John follows Mana out the door and heads towards the castle.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

John follows Mana out the door and heads towards the castle.
    You deliver the floral arrangement to the Castle, and then leave. "So where do you want to go first?" Mana asks grabbing your arm. "We should enjoy the festivities, cause it's back to work tomorrow!"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

You deliver the floral arrangement to the Castle, and then leave. "So where do you want to go first?" Mana asks grabbing your arm. "We should enjoy the festivities, cause it's back to work tomorrow!"
    John

Why don't you lead the way. You've spent all day worring about me we should be doing whatever you want to do.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

Why don't you lead the way. You've spent all day worring about me we should be doing whatever you want to do.
    "Let's go to the arena and watch the tournament. I hear Sir Smith, and Lady Leila are going to have a match. That'll be a nice one to watch. Plus maybe the simple violence will get your mind a little more clear, rather than all this hard thinking."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

"Of course. Only comes every 20 years or so." She finishes up her exercises, she then licks her lips. "May I feed on you?" She asks innocently and causally. "Need my blood so I don't get tired, you know." She sticks her tongue out at you teasingly.
    "What?"
    "oops, that came out loud, what the hell should I do now."
    "I mean... are we sure we are at that point"
    "God this make no sense."

[OOC] To be fair, she's a half-vampire with blood dependency. It's less sexual tension to her, and more just a meal. Although it could become something more. :P[/OOC]
    [OOC]Those are the things that make a man feel appreciated [/OOC]
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    "What?"
    "oops, that came out loud, what the hell should I do now."
    "I mean... are we sure we are at that point"
    "God this make no sense."

[OOC]Those are the things that make a man feel appreciated [/OOC]
    She laughs. "You're not fully awake yet are you? Don't worry it's nothing sexual, the simple fact is that it's easier to feed on one person than many people, prevents um..."social problems". And besides, do you ask your cow if you can butcher it before you eat it?" She slides up to you, surprisingly fast, for wearing weighted clothing. "So can I? Pleeeease?" She looks at you with red puppy dog eyes.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Let's go to the arena and watch the tournament. I hear Sir Smith, and Lady Leila are going to have a match. That'll be a nice one to watch. Plus maybe the simple violence will get your mind a little more clear, rather than all this hard thinking."
    John

It would do me good to relax and take my mind of things.

Sounds good to me. Lead the way, Milady
    Last edited by Tantaburs; 2012-11-10 at 07:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

I should probably be seen to be leaving. God knows what the three of us being together here communicates to everyone else, and I think the first events are about to get started.

And Zachary, it really would be helpful if you know anything about the tournament scheduling.

Danil turns and lets the link slide to the back of his mind as he makes his way up to join his fellow nobles. He scans the seats for anyone in his colors or any other clue where he's supposed to sit.

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

To Zachary "Do you need any help before your big fight? I think I would need to join the audience too... unless you have some special access to best seats for friends or something..."

To Loiosh "Did I have any plans for today's festivities? Someone to meet, maybe a reserved seats for guild members?
    If not do you know the schedule?..."

Lucas raises his left hand and stares at it for a short while, before adding.

"... and what time is it?"

...It seems my watch wasn't fantasy enough...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

23. - Top - End - #143

Zachary

I Agree, unfortunately I don't know much about the tournament, and the only thing I know about my opponent is purely....superficial...I don't seem to remember sparring for hours with her yesturday...which is going to leave me at a distict disadvantage.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

~John~

Mana drags you to the arena, and you managed to get decent seats.

~Reader~

You meet up with your fellow Nobles in one of the upper box seats in the arena. With a great view, and more comfortable sitting arrangements.

~Lexin~

"Not that I can think of, it was mostly just enjoy yourself and maybe try to find a girl. It's mid-morning. Not quite high noon."

~Zman~

Eventually everyone leaves leaving you and the squires. The squires have stopped sparing and are resting for their matches.

25. - Top - End - #145

Danil settles back and surveys the crowds and the general shape of the arena while he listens in on the conversations around him, waiting for an opportunity to jump in. The mindlink remained quiescent in the back of his mind, as he had nothing to send down it.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

No plans? ... I don't mind.

He walks around trying to find out what exactly can he do there, and possibly what is planned for today.
    He knows for now that there is a tournament planned, he would like to know when is it and if there is anything else planned.
    ...A feast probably... but these things should probably come later... hmm maybe I will find a real bard performance around... there has to be something to do other than simply waiting for Zachary's fight...
    Then the last words of psicrystal strike him.
    Finding a girl?... I suppose I can focus on this one as well...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

To Loiosh "Tell me when it is time to go, so I don't miss Zachary's fight."

Lucas decides to use this chance and tries to see and do everything that is to see and do ... and taste during the festival.
    He starts from trying to find some performers around, preferably the musical kind, hopefully getting to listen to some legend of this... world (?)
    He takes some time to try some food, the more exotic the better. (although he considers dogs and cats to be too 'exotic' to eat them)
    In all this time he also looks around if there is some pretty girl, so he could spent time with someone... less crystalline... than Loiosh.

In all of this he remembers to go back to arena to watch Zachary's fight and if he sees another one of 'RPG group' he would stop and talk to them.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #148
    Banned

You go by the cooking contest, where a young woman in a maid outfit is clearly creaming everyone with her food. Mainly cause she clearly had like 10 plates or so prepared and only here are anywhere near empty. She's wearing an apron outfit, and taking inventory. "I guess I'm going to have to go back and bake some more...we're almost out...I thought this would be enough."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Is there any left to taste? Is it free, or is everyone paying?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #150

Since nothing seems to be happening in the arena, Danil makes his way down to the cooking competitions and the bards and the sellers of novelties.

He starts idly wandering around, looking for a stall or bard or seller who particularly catches his fancy.

I wonder if she is here too.

Lego Ergo Sum