New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Is there any left to taste? Is it free, or is everyone paying?
    It's free, the blonde girl has only a few morsols left. There's a large amount on other people's plates. Apparently this girl is a very popular cook.

Bard sing about the history of the country, and there is a large amount of dancing.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary send through the link, When is my fight?

Zachary bids the only people he knows away as he moves over to his squire, complementing him if he won, giving him constructive criticism if he did not.

"You are proving to be quite a warrior. What is your assessment of my upcoming fight?"
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-10 at 08:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary send stronghold the link, When is my fight?

Zachary bids the only people he knows away as he moves over to his squire, complementing him if he won, giving him constructive criticism if he did not.

"You are proving to be quite a warrior. What is your assessment of my upcoming fight?"
    The squire turns to you. "Um..well...Lady Leila uses the same technique the girl I was fighting uses. Tired defences. You'll have to try to take her down ASAP, or she'll slowly grind your energy away until you just collapse. There's really two ways to do it, focus on hitting as hard as you can, or rely on hitting her consistently, and hope she collapses before you do. The fact that their technique is way more dangerous when fighting non-lethal doesn't help."

He seems out of breath and tired. The girl clearly drained him.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

"A fair assessment. What is the hour?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "A fair assessment. What is the hour?"
    "Um...mid-morning? 10? I don't own a clock sir..."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

As he wanders through the press of festivalgoers, Danil catches sight of a stall giving out sausage rolls. He slips over.

Look like mine. Smell like mine. (Grabs one and bites into it) And... taste like mine.

He grabs a half-dozen sausage rolls, leaving a couple of gold pieces in their place and disappearing into the crowds before the stallkeeper can protest.

With one task accomplished for a while, he turns his attention to the search for knowledge. He edges over to the nearest bard and listens intently, hoping that even half a story can prove helpful.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    He rushes you out the door and to the arena. You enter the actual tournament area (rather than the practice area), and he tells you to glitterdust up two banners that are on opposite sides of the arena, while he starts using magic to shape the earth into an even level and repair minor damage done to the arena that's still there.
    Tabatha quickly nods and gets to work. She approaches the first banner really unsure how this whole magic using is going to play out. Just like with the book she leaves it to instinct. She takes a quick breath and starts reading off her mental image of the symbols she traced earlier. And just like she hoped her hand reaches for her spell pouch out of instinct, she grasps a fine shiny dust and puts it to her lips. Held mouth high she chants a soothing tune into the dust then slowly breaths it away. As the dust starts to drift away it forms archaic symbols and jets towards the banner, stamping it briefly with symbols before bursting into a fine shiny dust.

She moves to the other banner repeating the process.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    As he wanders through the press of festivalgoers, Danil catches sight of a stall giving out sausage rolls. He slips over.

Look like mine. Smell like mine. (Grabs one and bites into it) And... taste like mine.

He grabs a half-dozen sausage rolls, leaving a couple of gold pieces in their place and disappearing into the crowds before the stallkeeper can protest.

With one task accomplished for a while, he turns his attention to the search for knowledge. He edges over to the nearest bard and listens intently, hoping that even half a story can prove helpful.
    You notice three nearby girls going over what look like a map of the country, except it's marked very different. "So if we move here...." one goes.

"That's Vyce's area." The other goes. "I don't think that would go over well."

"Yeah but we have HER backing, we can use that to our advantage."

"Don't you find it weird, how this young adult is crushing everyone?" The other says, "I think he might be cheating."

"You can't cheat in the great game, the very game itself keeps the rules fair via the magical contract."

"That's not what I mean! It's like he has access to knowledge he shouldn't!"

"Yeah, but he's a bloody dragon, they kinda you know, can do that stuff."

"So we meet back with the master and then do our next move. We attack Vyce's area."

"Right!" the three of them pick up the map and run off.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-10 at 11:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Tabatha quickly nods and gets to work. She approaches the first banner really unsure how this whole magic using is going to play out. Just like with the book she leaves it to instinct. She takes a quick breath and starts reading off her mental image of the symbols she traced earlier. And just like she hoped her hand reaches for her spell pouch out of instinct, she grasps a fine shiny dust and puts it to her lips. Held mouth high she chants a soothing tune into the dust then slowly breaths it away. As the dust starts to drift away it forms archaic symbols and jets towards the banner, stamping it briefly with symbols before bursting into a fine shiny dust.

She moves to the other banner repeating the process.
    "Excellent job, everything is ready. Let's go enjoy the festivals." He leaves the arena and runs towards the food vendors.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taking his seat John turns to Mana

So are you looking forward to the tournament

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent job, everything is ready. Let's go enjoy the festivals." He leaves the arena and runs towards the food vendors.
    She rubs her head a little then starts running after him. "Wait for me!", cashing after him while yelling along the way. No clue where he was headed, or how to get there.

12. - Top - End - #162

Danil sends down the link:

Guys, I think you might want to hear this

You notice three nearby girls going over what look like a map of the country, except it's marked very different. "So if we move here...." one goes.

"That's Vyce's area." The other goes. "I don't think that would go over well."

"Yeah but we have HER backing, we can use that to our advantage."

"Don't you find it weird, how this young adult is crushing everyone?" The other says, "I think he might be cheating."

"You can't cheat in the great game, the very game itself keeps the rules fair via the magical contract."

"That's not what I mean! It's like he has access to knowledge he shouldn't!"

"Yeah, but he's a bloody dragon, they kinda you know, can do that stuff."

"So we meet back with the master and then do our next move. We attack Vyce's area."

"Right!" the three of them pick up the map and run off.
    I'm pretty sure none of our group wished to be a dragon. Do you think we might have found Mori?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Taking his seat John turns to Mana

So are you looking forward to the tournament
    "I guess so. The Oda military has produced some of the best fighters ever." She looks at you with a look of worry. "Are you sure you're still okay?" She asks again. "You've had enough to eat? You're not hungover?"

"What about you?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

She rubs her head a little then starts running after him. "Wait for me!", cashing after him while yelling along the way. No clue where he was headed, or how to get there.
    You follow him to the vendor area, where the food is being handed out, the blonde girl has left and returned with more chocolates and such. Apparently most of the people have had their fill, but now she's joined by a boy with short brown hair, and they're carefully looking over the crowd whispering to each other.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

You follow him to the vendor area, where the food is being handed out, the blonde girl has left and returned with more chocolates and such. Apparently most of the people have had their fill, but now she's joined by a boy with short brown hair, and they're carefully looking over the crowd whispering to each other.
    Affording her master some attention in the form of a glance every once in a while she moved away from the stand looking for someone not overly busy. Finally spotting a shorter man, a dwarf perhaps she taps on his shoulder. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but I'm new in town. I was looking for some information or a place were I can get some."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

Affording her master some attention in the form of a glance every once in a while she moved away from the stand looking for someone not overly busy. Finally spotting a shorter man, a dwarf perhaps she taps on his shoulder. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but I'm new in town. I was looking for some information or a place were I can get some."
    The boy turns to you. "Ask Patricia, she knows everything." He points to the blonde girl at the vendor. "No one knows how she does it. She'll talk in terms no one understands though."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

The boy turns to you. "Ask Patricia, she knows everything." He points to the blonde girl at the vendor. "No one knows how she does it. She'll talk in terms no one understands though."
    "Oh thanks." Tabatha gives a quick glance towards her master making sure he's still there then moves towards Patricia's Vendor. "Hello. Are you Patricia?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Banned

"Oh thanks." Tabatha gives a quick glance towards her master making sure he's still there then moves towards Patricia's Vendor. "Hello. Are you Patricia?"
    The girl looks up at you. "I suppose that's what they call me here. Can you answer me a question?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I guess so. The Oda military has produced some of the best fighters ever." She looks at you with a look of worry. "Are you sure you're still okay?" She asks again. "You've had enough to eat? You're not hungover?"
    "What about you?"
    I'm fine Mana. I just... *chuckle* I just wasn't myself this morning

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

The girl looks up at you. "I suppose that's what they call me here. Can you answer me a question?"
    "Um I can try, but I came here to have my questions answered..."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

"Um I can try, but I came here to have my questions answered..."
    "If a soldier is wielding a keen scythe, what is the weapon's threat range and critical multiplier?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"If a soldier is wielding a keen scythe, what is the weapon's threat range and critical multiplier?"
    Her eyes widen at the question, "..I wasn't expecting that. Is this place like Order of the Stick?" She scratches her head with one finger, "Give me a bit. It's been a while since I've seen the scythe stats." After some thought, "This one is easy scythes are great for coup de graces, they are normally a plain times four crit. But since it's keen it's nineteen to twenty times four. Unless! they have some type of special class ability, if the soldier was a level twenty she fighter could have a times five. She mumbles to herself, "ya I think that's right." then speaks up towards Patricia. "Is that right?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-11 at 02:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Her eyes widen at the question, "..I wasn't expecting that. Is this place like Order of the Stick?" She scratches her head with one finger, "Give me a bit it's been a while since I've seen the scythe stats." After some thought, "This one is easy scythes are great for coup de graces, they are normally a plain times four crit. But since it's keen it's nineteen to twenty times four. Unless! they have some type of special class ability, if the soldier was a level twenty she fighter could have a times five. She mumbles to herself, "ya I think that's right." then speaks up towards Patricia. "Is that right?"
    Patricia breathes. "Thank god, I wasn't the only one zapped here. Although it seems you got to keep your body. It's me....the guy who cast the spell...you know..."

"Patricia" goes a little red. Then the boy turns to her.

"Ah so she's one of the people who um... "played the game" with you."

"I'm still not 100% sure if the game is accurate, but everything I've experimented with has shown it so far, and this setting is like the one I had prepared for the session, only problem being that after the festival is where I stopped writing! So I have no idea what's going to happen to the timeline after that Lee!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Patricia breathes. "Thank god, I wasn't the only one zapped here. Although it seems you got to keep your body. It's me....the guy who cast the spell...you know..."

"Patricia" goes a little red. Then the boy turns to her.

"Ah so she's one of the people who um... "played the game" with you."

"I'm still not 100% sure if the game is accurate, but everything I've experimented with has shown it so far, and this setting is like the one I had prepared for the session, only problem being that after the festival is where I stopped writing! So I have no idea what's going to happen to the timeline after that Lee!"
    "Thank goodness! I thought I was all alone. I've been running around like a chicken without a head. I think it was the spell you read, my wish kinda came true. I'm with some older guy whose apparently my magic teacher. And I can make magical items just like in my wish! Though I haven't done it yet... but the guy says I can."

"Oh this is your setting? Good good. You must know all about it then. I haven't figured out a thing yet. Fill me in." Tabatha stops mid thought, "Wait. You had this place planned out for our session last night? Doesn't that mean something bad is going to happen. For the adventurers ,you know, have something to fix?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

"Thank goodness! I thought I was all alone. I've been running around like a chicken without a head. I think it was the spell you read, my wish kinda came true. I'm with some older guy whose apparently my magic teacher. And I can make magical items just like in my wish! Though I haven't done it yet... but the guy says I can."

"Oh this is your setting? Good good. You must know all about it then. I haven't figured out a thing yet. Fill me in." Tabatha stops mid thought, "Wait. You had this place planned out for our session last night? Doesn't that mean something bad is going to happen. For the adventurers ,you know, have something to fix?"
    "No the festival was the setup for the adventure, and I was kinda gonna wing it after that....so I had nothing planned after it...so literally anything that happens after tonight is no longer in the same time stream."

I motion to the boy. "Meet Lee. He's a young adult Silver dragon, who I've been helping with the great game. Apparently the ability to know where every other dragon in the country is located is real useful."

Lee waves to you. "Hi, care for some chocolate?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

When is Zachary's fight? Lucas asks Loiosh and relays the answer to Zachary.

After that he focuses back on the cook.
    "Oh, I see that winner of cooking contest is already decided." he smiles "Please tell me, is there any more to try?"

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #177

As Danil meanders closer to those girls, he spots a familiar face.

Guys, I think I found another of us!

He pushes through the crowd towards Tabatha. Then he taps her on the shoulder and announces

"Tabitha Wright, I believe? Baron Danil Drome at your service, and greetings from Sir Zachary Smith and Lucas of the Psionics Guild."

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    When is Zachary's fight? Lucas asks Loiosh and relays the answer to Zachary.

After that he focuses back on the cook.
    "Oh, I see that winner of cooking contest is already decided." he smiles "Please tell me, is there any more to try?"
    "Around supper time." The psycrystal says. "Final fight of the tournament."

The trays have been given their goods all over again. There is plenty left.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm fine Mana. I just... *chuckle* I just wasn't myself this morning
    The tournament should be good. I mean they must have gotten the best fighters in the land for this right?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

The tournament should be good. I mean they must have gotten the best fighters in the land for this right?
    "All except the Crescent Dragon. She's too violent to be allowed to fight, she never holds back. It's always aim to kill with her."

"I heard that." A voice comes from behind you. You turn and see a messy woman in a chain shirt and various magical items sitting there. Mana turns white.

"Um..hi?" she says scared.

"Calm down. I have better things to do than murder a civilian." She looks over Mana, who is now gripping your arm rather tight. "It's just the way I fight. It just feels like I'm holding back if I fight tourney style..."

She grips her polearm weapon (blade-on-a-stick, I don't know the name of it, not a spear...it's got more a curved blade, oriental style).

"I look forward to seeing the match as well." She turns to the tournament as the squires start to enter the field to prepare for the pre-game matches. The arena is still fairly empty.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-11 at 09:47 AM.