New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    She laughs. "You're not fully awake yet are you? Don't worry it's nothing sexual, the simple fact is that it's easier to feed on one person than many people, prevents um..."social problems". And besides, do you ask your cow if you can butcher it before you eat it?" She slides up to you, surprisingly fast, for wearing weighted clothing. "So can I? Pleeeease?" She looks at you with red puppy dog eyes.
    He made an involuntary step backward, "Crap. How come I found myself always in mess like those?" he interposed his hand between them and he felt an energy surging inside, and static formed around his hand.
    Too much was happening too fast, "I am not food!" he blurted mostly without thinking, he turned around and started walking away "see you around"
    He walked fast, almost running, at first he felt like puking, it took several minutes to calm down enough to start thinking rationally again.
    "My God, she talked like, we did it before, that's insane."
    "Maybe you should have" a little voice inside him suggested maliciously, "after all, as far as you know it should be a pleasant experience."
    "Yes, and dangerous, what am I thinking"
    He stopped himself, had to lean on the wall a second, still a bit in shock.

[OOC]First day in a new world and I already have a cute monster girl who wants to take advantage of me without the funny part... It's high school all over again [/OOC]
    Last edited by Blue Lantern; 2012-11-11 at 10:22 AM.
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    He made an involuntary step backward, "Crap. How come I found myself always in mess like those?" he interposed his hand between them and he felt an energy surging inside, and static formed around his hand.
    Too much was happening too fast, "I am not food!" he blurted mostly without thinking he turned around and started walking away "see you around"
    He walked fast, almost running, at first he felt like puking, it took several minutes to calm down enough to start thinking rationally again.
    "My God, she talked like, we did it before, that's insane."
    "Maybe you should have" a little voice inside him suggested maliciously, "after all, as far as you know it should be a pleasant experience."
    "Yes, and dangerous, what am I thinking"
    He stopped himself, had to lean on the wall a second, still a bit in shock.
    She stands there looking at you shocked. "FINE!" she yells at you before going back to exercising, much quicker this time. "Not going to lend you my notes next time...jerk...I just wanted a basic meal."

A fair number of people are looking at your fight, but quickly go back to their own things.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

"All except the Crescent Dragon. She's too violent to be allowed to fight, she never holds back. It's always aim to kill with her."

"I heard that." A voice comes from behind you. You turn and see a messy woman in a chain shirt and various magical items sitting there. Mana turns white.

"Um..hi?" she says scared.

"Calm down. I have better things to do than murder a civilian." She looks over Mana, who is now gripping your arm rather tight. "It's just the way I fight. It just feels like I'm holding back if I fight tourney style..."

She grips her polearm weapon (blade-on-a-stick, I don't know the name of it, not a spear...it's got more a curved blade, oriental style).

"I look forward to seeing the match as well." She turns to the tournament as the squires start to enter the field to prepare for the pre-game matches. The arena is still fairly empty.
    John

Looking down and seeing how frightened Mana is John tries his best to comfort her.

"Umm Mana... Can I have my arm back. I'm sure you are quite safe with such an impressive warrior to protect us"

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the weapon you are thinking of is the Naginata.
    Last edited by Tantaburs; 2012-11-11 at 04:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Around supper time." The psycrystal says. "Final fight of the tournament."

The trays have been given their goods all over again. There is plenty left.
    Lucas

He repeats the answer to Zachary through mindlink.

Lucas tries a bit... of whatever was there to taste. And says:
    "Uh, delicious! Please tell me, is there a restaurant somewhere around that serves such a great food, or is it your personal skill, which you don't share with just everyone?"
    Spoiler
    Show

If food is good. diplomacy (1d20+6)[23]
    If not, but not too bad bluff (1d20+7)[26]
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-11 at 10:19 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

She stands there looking at you shocked. "FINE!" she yells at you before going back to exercising, much quicker this time. "Not going to lend you my notes next time...jerk...I just wanted a basic meal."

A fair number of people are looking at your fight, but quickly go back to their own things.
    Painting again the wall, in a secluded corner far from prying eyes, he managed to calm himself a little, he was also thinking about what he felt before the surge of energy, he closed his eyes and focused himself; after a while he felt something a swirling of worlds and gestures, and he knew in a certain way what they were for, Mage Hand, Summon Monster, Prestidigitation, he focused on the last one, he performed the mental instruction he had and... poof, a little flower appeared in his hand, it wasn't much but... that was cool.
    "This seems exactly like the wish back at the game, we are going beyond the impossible... I got to clear my head a little" he thought, and directed himself on the outside, he knew he needed to find out what was happening, but right now he needed to rest his mind, and try to push out of his mind the thought that he left a likely dangerous and possibly angry bloodsucker. "I might as well hit the festival."
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

Lucas tries a bit... of whatever was there to taste. And says:
    "Uh, delicious! Please tell me, is there a restaurant somewhere around that serves such a great food, or is it your personal skill, which you don't share with just everyone?"
    Spoiler
    Show

If food is good. diplomacy [roll0]
    If not, but not too bad bluff [roll1]
    "Food...has...to...do...with...heart..." The maid girl replies shyly. She's clearly not used to being around this many people. "Go...to...the...cafe...Cute Kitten Cafe..."

Suddenly a man walks up behind her. "You okay Katie?" he asks her. "Oh hey, are you enjoying Katie's cooking?" he asks. "Name's Kris, I own said maid cafe. I'd shake your hand but you've been eating and such." He's blonde and very bishonen. Clearly a man who knows his way around the social scene. He has an air of charisma.

Edit: Oh god, I did not realize how bad that name looks in hindsight, let me just edit that...
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-11 at 10:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"No the festival was the setup for the adventure, and I was kinda gonna wing it after that....so I had nothing planned after it...so literally anything that happens after tonight is no longer in the same time stream."

I motion to the boy. "Meet Lee. He's a young adult Silver dragon, who I've been helping with the great game. Apparently the ability to know where every other dragon in the country is located is real useful."

Lee waves to you. "Hi, care for some chocolate?"
    She relaxes as the threat of impending doom dissipates, "Oh, that's good." She grins a little when he mentions the great game, "That's practically cheating."

At the introduction of the dragon, "Hello Lee", she offers a weak gestured handshake. "My name is Tabitha Wright. It's a real pleasure to meet you. I'm a big fan of silver dragons, even created a couple characters based around some of their philosophies." She turns down the chocolate without giving it much thought, "No thanks I'm good."

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    He pushes through the crowd towards Tabatha. Then he taps her on the shoulder and announces

"Tabitha Wright, I believe? Baron Danil Drome at your service, and greetings from Sir Zachary Smith and Lucas of the Psionics Guild."
    "Yeah that's me..", as she comes face to face with Danil. "Hey! Good to see you man. I just found mori." She gestures a thumb behind her. "Ha, seems like your guys wishes came true too. I should of wished for more money in my wish."

((OOC: Woah the moral issues of the great game. *puts a gold piece on the city lasting for a couple decades* Seems like a good enough bet))
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-11 at 11:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lucas

Zachary

Sending back through the mind link, Thanks, looks like I've got time to kill. Anyone else hungry?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary

Sending back through the mind link, Thanks, looks like I've got time to kill. Anyone else hungry?
    Lucas

"There is a really good cook, out here! If you hurry you might get something... but it is vanishing fast!" He says via mindlink.

"Food...has...to...do...with...heart..." The maid girl replies shyly. She's clearly not used to being around this many people. "Go...to...the...cafe...Cute Kitten Cafe..."

Suddenly a man walks up behind her. "You okay Katie?" he asks her. "Oh hey, are you enjoying Katie's cooking?" he asks. "Name's Kris, I own said maid cafe. I'd shake your hand but you've been eating and such." He's blonde and very bishonen. Clearly a man who knows his way around the social scene. He has an air of charisma.

Edit: Oh god, I did not realize how bad that name looks in hindsight, let me just edit that...
    Edit: 'Maid Cafe?!? Okay, whose wish was THAT?!

To Katie, with surprised look, and then a wide smile on his face "Yes, I suppose it does, indeed... Cute Kitten Cafe, I will remember." He adds with a nod.

To Kris "Yes, I do enjoy it. I must say, you probably just got another client, I will surely come by from time to time." He says with a smile, not offering handshake. 'If not then, not...'

Spoiler
    Show
    Now I am interested, what name was that?!?
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-11 at 10:57 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Hey! Good to see you man. I just found Mouri
    Spoiler
    Show
    MORI. NO U. The Mouri family is the family in the western part of the kingdom. Mori is the dungeon master. There's a reason why I changed my character into Patricia (in character, the reason is that I didn't have a PC to play, and I wished to play the great game, and the grimoire couldn't/wouldn't change me into a dragon, so I got stuck as Patricia, ironic isn't it?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Now I am interested, what name was that?!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same name but with all K's...didn't look right on the second look at it, due to um...yeah...
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-11 at 11:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Zachary

Through the link, If you don't save me some I'll kick your psionic ass, magic transparency or not..

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

To Zachary "If you hurry your armored ass, instead of talking, you would already be here!" He says via mindlink.

To maid/ cafe owner "Would there be some more? My friend is coming and I am quite sure he would like to try this too!" He says with a smile.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

She relaxes as the threat of impending doom dissipates, "Oh, that's good." She grins a little when he mentions the great game, "That's practically cheating."

At the introduction of the dragon, "Hello Lee", she offers a weak gestured handshake. "My name is Tabitha Wright. It's a real pleasure to meet you. I'm a big fan of silver dragons, even created a couple characters based around some of their philosophies." She turns down the chocolate without giving it much thought, "No thanks I'm good."

"Yeah that's me..", as she comes face to face with Danil. "Hey! Good to see you man. I just found mori." She gestures a thumb behind her. "Ha, seems like your guys wishes came true too. I should of wished for more money in my wish."

((OOC: Woah the moral issues of the great game. *puts a gold piece on the city lasting for a couple decades* Seems like a good enough bet))
    "You found Mori? Where? Does he still remember the setting? Cause I'd really like to know more about myself. (whispers) I don't know what my duties or powers are, and I may be about to marry the princess. Wishing to be a noble has some unfortunate side effects, appearantly."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

14. - Top - End - #194

Zachary

Thinking emphatically through tu Link,m"Hey,nits Mithril! And I'm pretty sure a crafted it myself.

Zachary moves in the direction he believes Lucas went.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

"You found Mori? Where? Does he still remember the setting? Cause I'd really like to know more about myself. (whispers) I don't know what my duties or powers are, and I may be about to marry the princess. Wishing to be a noble has some unfortunate side effects, appearantly."
    "Um, he's right there." She thumbs to Patricia again. "Though he goes by Patricia in this world... He does remember the setting but that's about all, he didn't actually write the adventure yet! So he might not of written us in either." Turning to Patricia, "Do you know anything about our characters?"

Under breathed whispers, "Lucky dog you, marrying into wealth and fame."

16. - Top - End - #196

"Um, he's right there." She thumbs to Patricia again. "Though he goes by Patricia in this world... He does remember the setting but that's about all, he didn't actually write the adventure yet! So he might not of written us in either." Turning to Patricia, "Do you know anything about our characters?"
    "He wished to turn into a girl? Never mind. Even if he only remembers the setting, having even a vaugue idea of politics here, the sort of thing you could get from a DC 10 Knowledge check, could be really helpful. For that matter, what is this place supposed to be based on? We've got Japanese names, medieval European weapons, Jesus, and soubrettes all kicking around in the same setting."

Under breathed whispers, "Lucky dog you, marrying into wealth and fame."
    (in the same) "Not so lucky. I don't actually know if the princess wants to marry me, just that my wish included something about "being the brave knight who marries the princess" and that the princess wants to marry someone who evidently is not much for fame and not political. So, the most important and eligible girl in this setting may or may not be in love with me and I can't even begin to guess how to find out.."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

"He wished to turn into a girl? Never mind. Even if he only remembers the setting, having even a vaugue idea of politics here, the sort of thing you could get from a DC 10 Knowledge check, could be really helpful. For that matter, what is this place supposed to be based on? We've got Japanese names, medieval European weapons, Jesus, and soubrettes all kicking around in the same setting."
    "I didn't wish to be a girl. I wished to take part in the great game, and apparently the Grimoire has a sense of humor. As it didn't turn me into a dragon, but rather an NPC I had prepared. Patricia was an NPC, but as for your characters, I don't know anything outside of what you've told me. All the major names seem to be around though, Teru, All the houses, Lee. Also this place is based on a videogame, so yeah...I'm not very creative."

18. - Top - End - #198

(whispering)

"Well, I'm obviously a Baron, but do you have any idea what that means? Am I supposed to be a warrior? A politician? A tyrant? All of the above?
    Am I supposed to lead my house? Go adventuring? Scheme endlessly? What level of power do the Houses have as opposed to the Crown? Are there any external enemies? There are so many things I need to know!
    "And, please, do you know if I'm the one the princess wants to marry or not?

Lego Ergo Sum

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

(whispering)

"Well, I'm obviously a Baron, but do you have any idea what that means? Am I supposed to be a warrior? A politician? A tyrant? All of the above?
    Am I supposed to lead my house? Go adventuring? Scheme endlessly? What level of power do the Houses have as opposed to the Crown? Are there any external enemies? There are so many things I need to know!
    "And, please, do you know if I'm the one the princess wants to marry or not?
    "It's just a rank. King/Queen/Princess, followed by Duke/Duchess, then Marquess/Marchioness, then Earl/Countess, then Viscount(ess), then Baron/Baroness. I don't recall any of your character as NPCs I had prepared, and remember, after the festival the timeline shifts to a place I haven't written yet. I don't know anything about a marriage."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

Looking down and seeing how frightened Mana is John tries his best to comfort her.

"Umm Mana... Can I have my arm back. I'm sure you are quite safe with such an impressive warrior to protect us"

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the weapon you are thinking of is the Naginata.
    John turns around to speak to The Cresent Dragon

I am suprised to see a fighter of your reputation here to watch simple squires battle.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John turns around to speak to The Cresent Dragon

I am suprised to see a fighter of your reputation here to watch simple squires battle.
    Mana lets go of your arm. "Sorry".

The Cresent Dragon turns to you. "Well not much else for me to do, besides sometimes they show promise. I was a squire too once you know."

22. - Top - End - #202

[OOC]#TheCrescentDragon Really wish I could help out over here, but I think I'm in the wrong part of the festival.[OOC]

Still chatting with Mori/Pat: "Well, that's some help at least. Do you know if this country has any external enemies? I heard something about the Crescent Dragon freaking out the orcs so they've left us alone for months, but there might be other enemies involved. And do I have to worry about rebellions? What about ninjas and blooddancers? Sorry to quiz you like this, but I desperately need information and the laws of the dramatic dictate that you'll probably disappear soon, so this might be my only chance to get it.

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

Assuming Zachary arrived at the scene.

To maid/ cafe owner "One big plate for my friend here. He has a big fight today, so he needs to eat well to gain strength." he said, and turned to Zachary, adding in much more confidential tone.

"...Because otherwise the lady he is fighting would wipe the floor with him. If he eats well, he would at least have a chance... ()
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-12 at 01:13 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #204
    Banned

~Reader~

"Again I DON'T KNOW! For the last time. I wrote this as a basic outline to introduce the setting, I didn't have a plot written!"

Lee grabs my shoulder. "Let the poor girl work, she doesn't know anymore than you do."

~Lexin~

Katie nods and makes a good dish for him. "You..are...welcome." She said timidly.

25. - Top - End - #205

Danil begins to laugh. "I should have known that thrice-bedimmed grimoire wouldn't let us off so easily. Let's go to the arena, I think the tournaments are coming up."

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #206

Looking at lucas,m"Worse yet, we sparred for hour yesterday. She knows everything about me and my information is rather limited..."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Looking at lucas,m"Worse yet, we sparred for hour yesterday. She knows everything about me and my information is rather limited..."
    To Zachary "She is a Lady. Buy her a flower, ask her to marry you... and maybe... just maybe she would hesitate for a second before cutting you to pieces...
    ...I could probably help you in some way or another, but most of these are probably considered illegal... or at least as something similar to steroids..."
    He says, but just to make sure he asks Loiosh.

"Hey, would share pain power be considered cheating?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #208

"Well its not like the en cee double ay are goimg to get us..." Zachary chuckles a bit.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

To Zachary "She is a Lady. Buy her a flower, ask her to marry you... and maybe... just maybe she would hesitate for a second before cutting you to pieces...
    ...I could probably help you in some way or another, but most of these are probably considered illegal... or at least as something similar to steroids..."
    He says, but just to make sure he asks Loiosh.

"Hey, would share pain power be considered cheating?"
    "Probably, but they wouldn't notice, they'ld just think he was extra tough today."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

'Interesting...' he thought as he heard the answer.

To Zachary:
    "Yeah... don't think we will meet these guys here..." He said aloud.

"My psicrystal just told me that if I used Share Pain power to help you, they wouldn't notice... I can take a hit for a friend, so the only question is: Do you want my help? ...even though it is a bit of cheating..." He asks, using mindlink, but keeping a pleasant smile on his face, like he didn't propose anything like this.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur