New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

So I head back to the arena. Do I meet up with John?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Mana lets go of your arm. "Sorry".

The Cresent Dragon turns to you. "Well not much else for me to do, besides sometimes they show promise. I was a squire too once you know."
    "It's okay Mana you were just startled"

"So do any of these squires look like they show promise?

John gesture's towards the arena

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

'Interesting...' he thought as he heard the answer.

To Zachary:
    "Yeah... don't think we will meet these guys here..." He said aloud.

"My psicrystal just told me that if I used Share Pain power to help you, they wouldn't notice... I can take a hit for a friend, so the only question is: Do you want my help? ...even though it is a bit of cheating..." He asks, using mindlink, but keeping a pleasant smile on his face, like he didn't propose anything like this.
    "Keep in mind your power level. You'll probably not want to cast it now."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Keep in mind your power level. You'll probably not want to cast it now."
    Lucas

"Yes, I guess you are right... I will need to wait till two or three hours before the fight..." He answers to Loiosh, using telepathy.
    He is surprised for a short while 'I guess it is his job to remind me of these things...' he thinks and smiles slightly '...I don't mind, that one for sure...'
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-12 at 03:26 PM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    "It's okay Mana you were just startled"

"So do any of these squires look like they show promise?

John gesture's towards the arena
    "The red head in the fullplate. She fights similar to Leila. She says she doesn't want to be Knight cause she want to join the gold unit. She needs a bit more training though before she's up to my standards."

6. - Top - End - #216

Danil arrived just in time to hear the last exchange.

"Ah, you must be the Crescent Dragon. I've heard a lot about you."

He bows and conjures up a blob of pink light in the general shape of a rose above his hand. He makes as if to pass it to her.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil arrived just in time to hear the last exchange.

"Ah, you must be the Crescent Dragon. I've heard a lot about you."

He bows and conjures up a blob of pink light in the general shape of a rose above his hand. He makes as if to pass it to her.
    She motions to take it. "How about you guys call me Aisha. The whole "Crescent Dragon name is getting long. Besides I'm off duty today."

8. - Top - End - #218

Danil smiles. "Very well, Aisha. I must say, you've surprised me already. Everyone referred to you as the Crescent Dragon, so I assumed that was your preferred name. It's certainly fierce enough for you.

So, you scouting out recruits for the Golden Band? Or just here to watch the fighting."

Lego Ergo Sum

9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned

Danil smiles. "Very well, Aisha. I must say, you've surprised me already. Everyone referred to you as the Crescent Dragon, so I assumed that was your preferred name. It's certainly fierce enough for you.

So, you scouting out recruits for the Golden Band? Or just here to watch the fighting."
    "A bit of both. We can always use more soldiers, and the fighting is good enough. I personally wanted to fight, but they decided they didn't need another fatality."

10. - Top - End - #220

Let's see what happens if I prod the plot a little.

"You know, I have been thinking of going into military service for a bit. I'm not the best-trained fighter, but I'm reasonably skilled, and I can do bits of divine and arcane magic, so I can heal allies and zap enemies. Is there a sign-up sheet or something, or do I just have to impress you?"

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #221
    Banned

"You know, I have been thinking of going into military service for a bit. I'm not the best-trained fighter, but I'm reasonably skilled, and I can do bits of divine and arcane magic, so I can heal allies and zap enemies. Is there a sign-up sheet or something, or do I just have to impress you?"
    "Go to the barracks and talk to the people there. I'm just the commander. I don't assign who goes where. Generally though the gold unit is made of the best of the best. You can't just sign up for it. You have to prove yourself as a soldier before you get assigned to them. A shiny won't get in, unless they have a reputation as a great adventurer first. Also aren't you a noble? Why would you want to fight in the military?"

12. - Top - End - #222

"Go to the barracks and talk to the people there. I'm just the commander. I don't assign who goes where. Generally though the gold unit is made of the best of the best. You can't just sign up for it. You have to prove yourself as a soldier before you get assigned to them. A shiny won't get in, unless they have a reputation as a great adventurer first. Also aren't you a noble? Why would you want to fight in the military?"
    "More or less the same reason you and your sister do. There's orcs and demons and darkers out there and someone needs to go fight them. Plus, it's a great way to win a little fame and fortune."

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

While watching the Conversation between Aisha and the newcomer Jihn can't help but feel that he knows him.

'Dan?

John leans forward and extends his hand to introduce himself
    I don't think we have been introduced. I am John and you are?

14. - Top - End - #224

"Baron Danil Drome, at your service. And who is this fair maiden?"

Lego Ergo Sum

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

"Baron Danil Drome, at your service. And who is this fair maiden?"
    "I'm Mana. I work at the merchant guild with John."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-12 at 05:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

"Very nice to meet you, Mana." said Danil. "I imagine the guild must be in a good mood today, festivals such as this are always good for trade. Not to mention that fair Aisha here has, from what I've heard, left the orcs so nervous that they haven't bothered trade caravans for months. That's got to make this a good year."

Aisha is certainly not what I'd expected. Considerably less psycho than those nobles made her out to be. I think she might be on our side after all.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-12 at 08:27 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

"Very nice to meet you, Mana." said Danil. "I imagine the guild must be in a good mood today, festivals such as this are always good for trade. Not to mention that fair Aisha here has, from what I've heard, left the orcs so nervous that they haven't bothered trade caravans for months. That's got to make this a good year."

Aisha is certainly not what I'd expected. Considerably less psycho than those nobles made her out to be. I think she might be on our side after all.
    "The raids have been dying down yes...but you don't want to hear me talk about trading routes...even John here seems to have lost interest in them today..." She gives a glare at John before relaxing. "Aisha...weird, you never hear anyone call you by your name...they're all afraid of you...they talk about you like you're some kind of killer." - Mana

"Well to be fair I have killed a large amount of enemy forces in my time, even if you're on the same side, people get afraid of soldiers with high kill counts. They say the more a soldier kills and fights the stronger they get. Like the universe rewards them almost." - Aisha
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-12 at 08:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

"I know exactly what you mean about getting stronger through victory. That's another reason I was looking to go help you bump uglies. [OOC] Entendre intended by me, not Danil[/OOC] And Mana, you're right about the way people treat Aisha. (addressing Aisha again) Your title came up in conversation this morning, and half the nobles seem to think of you as a rabid wolf who will probably try to seize the throne and plunge the realm into civil war, while the other two-thirds think of you as a dubiously tame wolf, only good for smiting evil. That's why I mentioned being surprised at how wise you've already shown yourself. Probably a good lesson on not believing everything you hear about people in there somewhere."

Lego Ergo Sum

19. - Top - End - #229
    Banned

"I know exactly what you mean about getting stronger through victory. That's another reason I was looking to go help you bump uglies. [OOC] Entendre intended by me, not Danil[/OOC] And Mana, you're right about the way people treat Aisha. (addressing Aisha again) Your title came up in conversation this morning, and half the nobles seem to think of you as a rabid wolf who will probably try to seize the throne and plunge the realm into civil war, while the other two-thirds think of you as a dubiously tame wolf, only good for smiting evil. That's why I mentioned being surprised at how wise you've already shown yourself. Probably a good lesson on not believing everything you hear about people in there somewhere."
    Aisha - "The nobles talk a lot, but they have to keep an air among themselves. They can't show weakness or else their enemies will pounce. Of course you would know all about the social ways of the high courts."

Mana - "Aisha! Watch yourself!"

Aisha - "He is different. He wouldn't be in this part of the arena if he wasn't looking to social on a commoner level, and I'd like someone to find a noble capable of taking me on. They exile me...well...let's just say there's a big difference between someone who's been in dozens of battles, and someone who is mostly tea ceremony work."

20. - Top - End - #230

"I'm curious, do you include the princess in your generalization of the high nobles? From what I've seen, and from the fact that your sister is her guard, she feels to me more like the sort to respect your work, even though she'd never want or be able to be a warrior herself. And I'm glad you think me better than some of my peers. Quite a few felt to me like serpents, waiting to turn on the princess. Perhaps that's why they suspect you of treachery, it's said that only the trustworthy can trust others."

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #231
    Banned

"I'm curious, do you include the princess in your generalization of the high nobles? From what I've seen, and from the fact that your sister is her guard, she feels to me more like the sort to respect your work, even though she'd never want or be able to be a warrior herself. And I'm glad you think me better than some of my peers. Quite a few felt to me like serpents, waiting to turn on the princess. Perhaps that's why they suspect you of treachery, it's said that only the trustworthy can trust others."
    Aisha turns red. "The princess is very respectable...she's kind...but she has an air to her. She's got it all, Style, Grace, and Talent. She respects everyone and knows how to pick the best."

22. - Top - End - #232

"And yet without you and those like you, she'd be slaving in some orc hovel. If you ever feel useless or left out, try thinking of all the beauties that only exist because you protect them from the evil."

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #233
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary

"As much as I want to win, I won't cheat."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

"And yet without you and those like you, she'd be slaving in some orc hovel. If you ever feel useless or left out, try thinking of all the beauties that only exist because you protect them from the evil."
    Aisha - The princess is not like that...not her...she...I can't say it.

It seems the princess did something in the past that embarrassed Aisha.

25. - Top - End - #235

"It's ok, Aisha. I don't understand, but God will tell me if it's anything I need to know. On a not-particularly-related note, do you by any chance know a Sir Zachary Smith? He and your sister seem to know each other pretty well, and they're sparring today. Oh, and do you mind if I sit with you for the tournaments? I think we might be able to share some thoughts regarding the champions."

Danil's thoughts had once again splintered and piped up a full chorus.

(Squicky Thoughts) Aisha and Princess sitting in a tree, K-I-S-...

(Danil's Conciousness) SHUT UP!!

(Snarky Observations) You're courting a second lady already? When you're still trying to figure out if you're going to marry the princess? Quite the little Casanova we have here!

(Shipper Thoughts) There's something so... clean about her, despite what Squicky is suggesting.

(Squicky Thoughts) Only suggesting? I thought I was outright stating!

(Danil's Conciousness) I'll sort this out later, once I have a little more clue what's going on. Right now, pipe down. I need to pay attention.

[OOC] Is the mind-link still active? I know it was supposed to last 40 minutes, but I'm not sure how long it's been. Oh, and if the mindlink is active, would Lexis have been able to hear that mental converation or only what I was sending him (in this case nothing).[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

"You can sit here...I thought you'd be sitting the nobles. You might get some weird looks."

Mana laughs. "I know what happened Aisha..." she says teasingly.

Aisha - "You do not!"

Mana - "Everyone knows what happened. The princess snuck into one of your gold unit battles and ended up saving your life!" She says in a teasing sing-song voice.

Aisha - "Sh-sh-shut up!" She grips her weapon tightly.

Mana - "I was scared of you at first, but you're fun to be around!" Mana laughs.

(Mindlink is gone I believe, it's been more than 40 minutes)
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-12 at 10:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

"Getting weird looks is kind of the entire point of this. One of the quickest and most effective ways to mess up everyone else's plans is to act either randomly or, better yet, with complete honesty. in a system predicated on everyone trying to manipulate everyone else, one honest person can bring the whole mess crashing down."

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #238
    Banned

"Getting weird looks is kind of the entire point of this. One of the quickest and most effective ways to mess up everyone else's plans is to act either randomly or, better yet, with complete honesty. in a system predicated on everyone trying to manipulate everyone else, one honest person can bring the whole mess crashing down."
    Mana - "You're not a very idealistic person are you?" She says shyly.

Aisha - "Either way, I'm going to go. I have something I need to check out."

Mana - "You're leaving? But they're just about to start? Don't you want to watch?"

Aisha - "Yes, but I have my reasons. I need to go investigate something."

Aisha runs off.

Mana - "Look the squires are starting to duel!" Mana points to the fighting arena where two squires are standing off.

29. - Top - End - #239

"Oh, I'm idealistic enough. I'm just starting to think Mori isn't."

(chases after Aisha)

"Need any help with your investigations?"

Lego Ergo Sum

30. - Top - End - #240
    Banned

"Oh, I'm idealistic enough. I'm just starting to think Mori isn't."

(chases after Aisha)

"Need any help with your investigations?"
    Mana - "Who is Mori?" She's clearly confused at this comment.

Aisha - "No this...is...a private matter. I have to go do this on my own. Although you can do something for me...if you wish."