New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default [PF] Lovecraftian-Themed Summoner

Hi there everyone. My current divine campaign is coming to a close, and one of the other players is going to start running a fully arcane campaign. So far no one knows quite what they'll be playing (one person mentioned possibly playing a witch), and I've been thinking about it and decided on what seems like a cool idea that'll be slightly different, based on this picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically, I want my character to be a history and languages professor, who has been selected by things man was not meant to know. He's a Gillman (because with the Lovecraft theme, I just couldn't resist), so he already has a tie to Aboleths that might become relevant, and I imagine he has vast swathes of his memory that are twisted and blank, and troubling to think upon. As a result, he's a nearly compulsive liar, often inventing explanations for his lapses and deceiving those he speaks with for little reason. I think of him as Chaotic Neutral, even though at one point in his life he knows he respected cultural rules and fellow beings more.

He is a dabbler in the arcane but not much of one; however, whenever he is in trouble, malformed beasts slink from the darkness to aid him, lingering long enough to instill discomfort. And should straits become too dire, he knows a name he can call upon, to ravage his enemies and his memories all at once.

Basically, he's a Synthesist Summoner who leaves his eidolon unsummoned most of the time and relies on his Summon Monster spell-likes, which will be fluffed as some unknown entity keeping him alive for nefarious purposes. His eidolon will be some horror that he has been bound to (think like the demon Etrigan but a minion of the Great Old Ones instead).

So far I'm thinking his traits will be Convincing Liar (to get Bluff as a class skill) and Two-World Magic (to get Create Water as an orison so that he can survive away from water essentially indefinitely). I'm pretty sure I want to go Augment Summoning, and I'm considering getting Craft Wondrous Item and having him make magical, squid-themed sculptures.

I'd appreciate suggestions for builds, especially for the Eidolon, as I want it to be an absolute beast in combat when it is actually out. I'm also not sure what the best monsters to summon will be, especially if I want to keep the eldritch abomination theme; are there any feats or the like that I can take to summon aberrations? I'm pretty sure we'll be starting at 4th level at least, as I know this guy doesn't like the lowest levels much, and the ability array will likely be very generous. Here's hoping someone a bit more experienced with summoners can help!
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2012-11-15 at 04:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Lovecraftian Synthesist Summoner

Couple questions:

- Do you want the Eidolon to be the classic Lovecraftian nameless horror pile-o-tentacles, or something more streamlined/conventional? I ask because tentacles, mechanically speaking, are the weakest attack type you can give an Eidolon.

- Do you want to be a straight-up melee beast, or do you want some utility on your eldritch horror?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It's all in how you fluff it - a 'bite' can be spiked tentacles that coil around an enemy and squeeze, a claw can be razor-edged tentacles that slash, a slam can be a...tentacle.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

If you can find the optimization guide it has a sample "Kali" build that would work great. In essence you do quadruped with as many tentacles as you can fit, add as many arms as possible plus weapon proficiency and multi attack. This gives you tons of attacks with pounce and depending on weapon choice that sounds pretty lovecraftian to me. (Though it might be fun to add grab to your tentacle attacks)

5. - Top - End - #5

MindFlayer

I figured the eidolon would be the form for when something really, REALLY needed to die, so melee beast would probably be most appropriate. I'd been imagining stuff like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... so I tried my hand at a biped eidlon at level 5, which ended up with 4 arms, each tipped w/ claws and one pair having reach, along with two nat armor increases and a STR incrase. It seems like w/ 4 natural attacks at level 5 it'd be pretty good. But the "kali" type thing sounds interesting ... it just seems like it would take a while to actually get going. I might add a skill increase to Intimidate, but otherwise I pretty much want straight melee and then possibly use Evolution Surges to give it bells and whistles like flight.

I like the idea of going claws but fluffing it as tentacles, though, haha. I'll probably have it covered in appendage-like growths but tentacles do seem pretty bad, even if they're very cheap.

Also, Craft Wand seems like it'd be very useful for a Summoner with my very limited spells per day. Would that be a better choice than Craft Wondrous Item?
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2012-11-07 at 11:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

If you're particularly worried about spells/day, then consider taking Scribe Scroll instead and look into the Pathfinder Savant PrC; Scroll Master lets you cast spells from scrolls at your own caster level. Scribe scroll at minimum CL, cast at your current CL

Recommended build:

Spoiler
    Show
    For a pure combat monster, I recommend starting from the Quadruped base form. This gives you access to Pounce, which you will need to make use of all those boatloads of natural attacks. It also gives you a free Bite attack, which is one of the more powerful natural attacks you can get.

At 5th level, a baseline Summoner will have 8 evolution points available, and a maximum of 4 natural attacks/round.

Quadruped base form
    Bite (free)
    Limbs (Legs) x2 (free)
    Bite (1 point) *gives 1&1/2 str on bite attack
    Limbs (Arms) (1 point)
    Claws (Arms) (1 point)
    Claws (Legs) (1 point)
    Ability Increase (Strength) (2 points)
    Improved Damage (Claws) (1 point)
    Improved Damage (Bite) (1 point)
    Pounce (1 point)

Assuming Power Attack, this gives you the following stats:

HP 4d10+4
    Speed 40'
    Str 18, Dex 16, Con 13
    Natural Armor +6
    Attacks: Charging Bite +10 (1d8+6) AND 3x Claw +10 (1d6+4) OR
    Charging Power Attack Bite +8 (1d8+10) AND 3x Claw +8 (1d6+8)

At 6th level, drop Bite and Improved Damage (Bite) and go for Rend and Improved Natural Armor. This gives you 4x claw attacks at +9 on a charge, for 1d6+8 damage each, and if two connect in a round, you get a Rend attack for 1d6 + 14 damage! Assuming only two claws hit in a given round, that's an average of 35 damage per round, before any other modifiers.

For the Eldritch Horror Goodness:

Spoiler
    Show
    This build is a bit more unusual, in that it just masses Tentacle attacks. It won't really come on line until level 8, when you can get the Large evolution, so that's the level I'm presenting it at.

At 8th level, a Summoner will have 11 evolution points and 4 natural attacks. Take the Extra Evolution feat twice for 13 points, or be sure to use Lesser Evolution Surge before each combat. You'll also want the Improved Grapple and Greater Grapple feats.

Base form: Serpentine
    Bite (free)
    Reach (Bite) (free)
    Climb (free)
    Tail (free)
    Tail Slap (free)
    Large (4 points)
    Tentacles x4 (4 points)
    Reach (Tentacle) (1 point)
    Grab (Tentacle)(2 points)
    Constrict (2 points)

Final stats:

HP 6d10+18
    Speed 20', climb 20'
    Str 23, Dex 17, Con 17
    Natural Armor +8
    Attacks: Tentacle x4 +11 (1d6+6) plus Grab vs Medium or smaller (CMB +17) plus Constrict (1d6+6)

4 attacks/round at +11 for 2d6+12 damage each against Medium or smaller seems ok to me

At later levels, you can start taking things like Swallow Whole. Once you reach 14th level, take Huge evolution and just win the game

Edit: Note that with the exception of the recommended feats, these builds assume nothing else is modifying your Str or your attack bonus. Greater Magic Fang or an Amulet of Mighty Fists will be a godsend for your attacks, and a belt of strength is a necessity.
    Last edited by doko239; 2012-11-08 at 12:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

MindFlayer

I'm not especially worried, I'm just trying to get the bang for my buck. 9 spells a day is rather low, after all. But then again, Craft Wondrous Item, with high UMD, seems like it would help a whole lot with outfitting, and wands of the spells I'd really like (2nd level) are actually pretty expensive to make, it seems.

I'm definitely not worried enough to branch into a PrC, though, as pretty much none of them advance Summoner class features as far as I can see.

I like the quadruped build, but you actually have 10 evolution points put into it, when it only has 8 at 5th level (9 total, and limbs actually cost 2 points apiece). I'm intrigued by the idea of dropping bite, though. Can you drop the base form's evolutions for extra points? If so, I find myself drawn to a quadruped with no head (drop bite to help pay for arms and claws) and simply having 4 claw attacks. So:

Quadruped Base Form, 8 points to spend
    Bite (free) - dropped, +1 point
    Limbs(Legs) x2 (free)
    Limbs(Arms) -2 points
    Claws(Arms) -1 point
    Claws(Legs) -1 point
    Improved Damage (Claws) -1 point
    Ability Increase (Str) -2 points
    Pounce -1 point
    Improved Nat Armor -1 point

This way, I lose bite, so all my damage dice are 1d6, but I still get 4 attacks, and I get +2 nat armor for increased survivability. Plus I get the added bonus of being able to say that, as I transform, my head splits into two grotesquely jointed limbs bearing eyes along their base and scythe-like tentacles at the end. Suitably Lovecraftian for me!

8. - Top - End - #8

I apologize for the mistake in the points, the build is actually 10 points instead of 8.

Dropping free evolutions doesn't net you points by RAW, but a reasonable DM might be ok with it. For my suggestion I was actually talking about dropping the extra Bite evolution that gave you 1&1/2 str on bite.

Edit: as a suggestion, there's an evolution in Ultimate Magic that will actually give you a SECOND head
    Last edited by doko239; 2012-11-08 at 02:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

MindFlayer

Hmm, I've never played with this guy as a DM before, but he seems a bit rules lawyer-ish; so I'll ask, but I won't count on it.

A second head might be good if I decide to focus on bites, but I think I like the idea of lots of claw-tentacles and no perceivable head (fluff-wise).

Actually, question: how does the Reach evolution apply? To all attacks of a specific type, to only one attack a round, to any attacks on the same set of limbs? It seems unclear to me.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Actually, question: how does the Reach evolution apply? To all attacks of a specific type, to only one attack a round, to any attacks on the same set of limbs? It seems unclear to me.
    That's a bit vague, RAW it looks like one evolution should apply to all attacks of that particular type, but I don't think that's RAI.

11. - Top - End - #11

MindFlayer

Yeah, it does seem like it'd be a bit OP if it just applied to all attacks of a specific type.

Here's what I have so far:

Professor Edaghar
    Spoiler
    Show
    CN Gillman Male
    Synthesist Summoner 5
    Init +1
    ==DEFENSE==
    AC 14 (20 mage armor/shield), touch 12, flat-footed 13
    HP (5d8)
    Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5 (+7 vs. non-Aboleth enchantment)
    ==OFFENSE==
    Spd 30 ft/x4, Swim 30 ft
    Melee Dagger +4, 1d4+1, 19-20/x2
    Ranged Light Crossbow (underwater) +4, 1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 ft (20 ft underwater)
    ==STATISTICS==(assuming 25 point buy; actual game will likely have better)
    Str 13, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 21
    BAB +3, CMB +4, CMD +15
    Traits Fast-Talker, Two-World Magic (Create Water)
    Feats Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning, Create Wondrous Item
    Skills Bluff +10, Craft(sculpture) +10, Handle Animal +9, Knowledge(arcana) +8, Knowledge(dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge(history) +9, Knowledge(planes) +7, Knowledge(religion) +7, Linguistics +11, Spellcraft +11, Use Magic Device +13
    Languages Common, Aboleth, Aklo, Aquan, Azlanti, Abyssal, Draconic, Elven, Infernal, Undercommon
    SQ Amphibious, Enchantment Resistance, Water Dependent
    Magic Items (self-crafted most) Amulet of Mighty Fists +1, Cloak of Resistance +1, Handy Haversack, Headband of Charisma +2, Ring of Protection +1, Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Spells:
    0th - Arcane Mark, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Message, Read Magic, Resistance
    1st (6/day) - Enlarge Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Shield
    2nd (3/day) - Glitterdust (DC 18), Haste, Summon Eidolon

SLA Summon Monster 8/day (up to III, standard action cast, minute/level duration, +4 STR/CON to summoned creatures)

==Fused Eidolon==
    AC 22 (28 mage armor/shield), touch 14, flat-footed 19 (+6 natural armor)
    HP 4d10+8
    Fort +6, Ref +6 Will +7 (+9 vs non-Aboleth enchantments)

Speed 40 ft/x4, Swim 30 ft
    Melee 4 Claws +9, 1d6+5 (x2)
    Melee 4 Claws (Charging) +11, 1d6+5 (x2)
    Attack Options Pounce

Str 18 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 10 Cha 21
    He's personally weak outside eidolon form, which is kinda what I was going for (having the monsters fight for him), but his AC seems ridiculously low unbuffed. Magic items were calculated with WBL, assuming the crafting cost of the wondrous items and then the costs of scrolls for spells that I don't have. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2012-11-08 at 03:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Firstly, Summoners get armor proficiency, so you might as well wear some. Won't apply while the Eidolon's active, but it'll help your non-combatant survivability. This will also save spell slots, as you'll only need Mage Armor while bonded.

Secondly, don't forget that your Eidolon's HP are added to your own, instead of replacing. You'll end up with 5d8+10 base HP plus 4d10+8 temporary HP while bonded, giving you an average of 35 base HP plus 32 temp, or 67 HP total. For comparison, a 5th level Barbarian with 18 con would have 5d12+20 HP, for an average of 55 HP. Squishy you ain't.

Third, and I cannot stress this enough, keep your unbonded Con as close to your bonded Con as you possibly can. Otherwise, if you're ever knocked below 0 HP, you might end up having a Barbarian's Bad Day and outright dying when your Eidolon unsummons. I'd drop your Str a bit more, since you have absolutely no use for it, and buff Con up to 14 if you can. This will give the added benefit of being far less squishy when not bonded.

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

Oh god, I just had an idea that I can't decide if I like better or not.

Basically, keep the backstory, keep the memory lapses, keep being chosen by unknowable entities, keep misshapen beasts slinking out of the shadows to aid him for mysterious reasons ... but instead of a Synthesist, he's a Master Summoner. And his Eidolon is his "wife".

His Eidolon seems like a cold, distant, even inhuman woman to everyone but him ... except when it wants something, when it can be VERY persuasive. To him, though, he can't remember how he met her, but he knows that she is his soulmate, and he has proof of this because some of his magic only works on her! It must be destined! He can't be convinced she's anything but a somewhat magical Gillwoman who's perfect for him.

This way, he doesn't Hulk out (which I was having difficulty justifying how he doesn't know he can do it), he can focus on "unconsciously" summoning things like I kinda wanted to do, and she'll essentially be another party member that I and the GM can work out how to play. {Plus she can be a skillmonkey, so that I don't really have to spread my skills too thin (not a fan of Summoner's lack of skills).

Anyone have thoughts on this particular idea? I want to build both and see which looks more fun to play, now.

14. - Top - End - #14

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by doko239 View Post
    Firstly, Summoners get armor proficiency, so you might as well wear some. Won't apply while the Eidolon's active, but it'll help your non-combatant survivability. This will also save spell slots, as you'll only need Mage Armor while bonded.
    My AC was actually taking into account wearing leather armor, which I forgot to put into the stat block. I didn't buy magic armor because, like you said, it doesn't apply when in eidolon form, so I figured I'd focus on other items.

Quote Originally Posted by doko239 View Post
    Secondly, don't forget that your Eidolon's HP are added to your own, instead of replacing. You'll end up with 5d8+10 base HP plus 4d10+8 temporary HP while bonded, giving you an average of 35 base HP plus 32 temp, or 67 HP total. For comparison, a 5th level Barbarian with 18 con would have 5d12+20 HP, for an average of 55 HP. Squishy you ain't.

Third, and I cannot stress this enough, keep your unbonded Con as close to your bonded Con as you possibly can. Otherwise, if you're ever knocked below 0 HP, you might end up having a Barbarian's Bad Day and outright dying when your Eidolon unsummons. I'd drop your Str a bit more, since you have absolutely no use for it, and buff Con up to 14 if you can. This will give the added benefit of being far less squishy when not bonded.
    Thanks, I had most certainly forgotten that! Yeah, I had dropped Con in favor of Str because I imagined I would eventually get Power Attack, but it's probably better to go for survivability, you're right.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I friggin' love this concept. Well thought-out, great RP opportunities. Well done, dude.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have a Synthesist build (Eidolon) that I've been working on for a while. It probably fits for your theme well, but you will have to make some tweaks.

The way he functions (in eidolon form) is lots of tentacle attacks as well as a primary (read: Manufactured) weapon. Once he gets high enough level Multiattack and Greater Magic Fang make his tentacle attacks at the same bonus (if not higher) than the primary weapon. What you are looking at is at least 7 attacks, 8 if hasted, All but one being at "Full BAB," which is pretty higher given the high strength. Each tentacle attack also gives a grapple attempt, per Grab, so that makes for some good battlefield control. The tentacles have 15 foot reach, so that helps a lot against smaller opponents.

The build really shines between levels 9-11, but can hold it's own at any level. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Private; 2012-11-10 at 02:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by BrickSteelhead View Post
    I friggin' love this concept. Well thought-out, great RP opportunities. Well done, dude.
    Thanks! Which did you like better, the Synthesist morphing into an eldritch abomination, or the Master Summoner with the "wife" that's just a little bit off?

I'm finding more and more that I'd prefer playing the Summoner one, just because in this campaign I doubt I'm going to want to be the main or secondary melee class (although it might be necessary, considering it'll be an Arcane-class only campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Private View Post
    I have a Synthesist build (Eidolon) that I've been working on for a while. It probably fits for your theme well, but you will have to make some tweaks.

The way he functions (in eidolon form) is lots of tentacle attacks as well as a primary (read: Manufactured) weapon. Once he gets high enough level Multiattack and Greater Magic Fang make his tentacle attacks at the same bonus (if not higher) than the primary weapon. What you are looking at is at least 7 attacks, 8 if hasted, All but one being at "Full BAB," which is pretty higher given the high strength. Each tentacle attack also gives a grapple attempt, per Grab, so that makes for some good battlefield control. The tentacles have 15 foot reach, so that helps a lot against smaller opponents.

The build really shines between levels 9-11, but can hold it's own at any level. I hope this helps!
    Hmm, that does seem pretty effective for using tentacles, which would certainly fit thematically. Using a weapon, though, while I'm sure it's very effective mechanically, does not really fit with what I'm looking to do. I'll see what the DM thinks is necessary, whether he expects the others to be particularly high-op characters.

18. - Top - End - #18

Personally, I like the 'morphing into an abomination' version, especially if the Synthesist suffers one of his memory lapses while merged.

The wife could work as well though, and playing that the Summoner does not 'see' his wife sprout tentacles or toothed maws to defend him would be a wonderful dark twist in my opinion.

-edit-
    Actually, i'm liking the 'wife' more and more now. The Summoner shouting things like "Please be careful dear" as his wife tears off limbs with razor-lined tentacles or bites someone in half with a mouth composed of the two sides of her head.
    Last edited by panaikhan; 2012-11-13 at 03:30 AM.
    Current Character: Pathfinder Tiefling Sorcerer (Abyssal Sorcerer 5, Souleater 1)
    Previous Favorite Characters:
    D&D1e: Elven Mage 15/Thief ??
    D&D2e: Saurian Necromancer 12
    D&D3e: Warforged Juggernaut 5/ Artificer 5/ Acolyte of the Skin 4
    D&D4e: Drow Swarm(?) Druid 3
    OWoD: Daughter of Cacophony
    NWoD: Galatea Promethean
    DH: Hiveborn Assassin 3
    Rifts: Nanobot Swarm / Airborne Computer Virus

19. - Top - End - #19

MindFlayer

Okay, here's what I have now. Any comments are appreciated. Our starting array was 18, 14, 12, 10, 10, 8, with 4 points to go anywhere we like except for in the stat w/ the 18. Starting level was 5, with normal WBL.

Edaghar and Anagha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edaghar, CN Gillman Master Summoner 5
    Init +1; Senses Perception -1
    ==DEFENSE==
    AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +1 dex)
    hp 39 (5d8+5, max first three hit dice)
    Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4 (+6 vs. normal enchantments, +2 vs. aboleth enchantments)
    ==OFFENSE==
    Spd 30 ft/x4, Swim 30 ft/x4
    Melee Dagger, +3, 1d4, 19-20/x2
    Ranged Light Underwater Crossbow, +4, 1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 ft (20 ft underwater)
    Spells Known (CL 5th)

2nd (4/day): glitterdust (DC 18), haste, lesser evolution surge
    1st (6/day): grease (DC 17), lesser rejuvenate eidolon, enlarge person, shield, mage armor (ring of spell knowledge)
    0th (at will): create water, detect magic, guidance, light, message, read magic

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th)

11/day: summon monster I-III (lasts for minute/level, summons get +4 Str/Con, +1 creature when summoning multiple creatures)

==STATISTICS==
    Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 23
    BAB +3, CMB +3, CMD +14
    Special Abilities Lesser Eidolon, Life Link, Summoning Mastery
    Traits Fast-Talker, Two-World Magic (create water)
    Feats Armor Proficiency (LIGHT), Weapon Proficiency (SIMPLE), Extra Evolution, Augment Summoning, Superior Summoning, Dilettante
    Skills Bluff +11, Handle Animal +10, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +10, Knowledge (history) +13, Knowledge (planes) +10, Knowledge (religion) +10, Linguistics +11, Spellcraft +11, Swim +8, Use Magical Device +14
    Languages Common, Aboleth, Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Azlanti, Draconic, Infernal, Terran, Thassilonian
    SQ Amphibious, Water Dependent, Enchantment Resistance
    Magic Items EquippedMithral Shirt +1, Headband of Alluring Charisma +2, Cloak of Resistance +1, Ring of Spell Knowledge I (mage armor)
    Magic Items Carried Rod of Lesser Extend Spell, Scroll of obscuring mist (1), Scroll of command undead (1), Scroll of speak with animals (2)

Anagha, CN Eidolon
    Init +1; Senses Perception +14, darkvision 60 ft, scent
    ==DEFENSE==
    AC (buffed) 21, touch 11, flat-footed 20 (+4 armor, +4 shield, +2 natural, +1 dex)
    hp 33 (3d10+3, max first three hit dice)
    Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +3
    ==OFFENSE==
    Spd 30 ft/x4, Climb 30 ft/x4
    Melee 2 Claws, +6, 1d4+4, x2
    Ranged Snag Net, +4, range touch attack to entangle, 10 ft (while entangled: DC 17+spell level to cast, Escape Artist DC 22, Str DC 25 to burst)
    ==STATISTICS==
    Str 17, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
    BAB +3, CMB +6, CMD +17
    Special Abilities Life Link, evasion, link, share spells
    Feats Close Bond, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Snag Net
    Skills Diplomacy +12, Disguise +6, Intimidate +12, Perception +14, Stealth +15, Survival +4
    Languages Common, Aboleth, Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Azlanti, Draconic, Infernal, Terran, Thassilonian
    SQ Biped Form, evolution points (climb, scent, skilled[diplomacy], skilled [intimidate], skilled [perception], skilled [stealth])

Backstory, worked on with DM, in brief: Edaghar is an early success of the aboleth breeding program, designed to create walking planar touchstones that can eventually open long-lasting gates to the Dark Tapestry so as to destroy all mortal life. Anagha is a construct created by Dagon in order to "ground" Edaghar, so that planar powers don't sense his potential, as well as guide Edaghar onto the path to power and protect him. Edaghar himself has no memory of this, and in fact would be NG if not for Anagha's influence and his tendency to lie to cover up his lapses in memory.

I'm pretty happy with this, actually; Edaghar himself is pretty weak but that's kinda what I'm going for. Any suggestions for scrolls to UMD?
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2012-11-15 at 04:12 AM.