New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default PBP Enthusiasts: Help Wanted with Research

Hi everyone,
    I recently started working on a paper about the role of campaign setting in tabletop RPGs. Because I don't have the time or manpower available to transcribe a bunch of live games, I've decided to look to play-by-post games for my data.

Specifically, I'm looking for finished games using a published campaign setting. It doesn't have to be D&D: any system with a published campaign setting will do, including systems like WoD and Shadowrun where the setting is baked into the main source books. If you've run such a game, participated in one, or even just know of one, I'd really appreciate it if you posted or PMed me a link. As anyone who's ever dabble in PBP knows, finished games are hard to come by.

Even if you're unable to assist me with this, thanks for reading this far!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PBP Enthusiasts: Help Wanted with Research

Here's a campaign blog of the Red Hand of Doom by Saph. It's not a transcript, but it has all the basics there. I've heard its well-written too, but I didn't particularly like it. Good luck finding finished PBP games though.
    Last edited by Anxe; 2012-11-08 at 10:57 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

We have had a combo tabletop RPG and PBP game going for the better part of 6 years. We use the PbP to fill in the role-playing between sessions.

We also keep detailed logs of each tabletop session. Feel free to look, but please sign our guestbook:

http://plothook.net/RPG/forumdisplay.php?f=1221

As a note, it is a combination of the published campaign settings of Birthright and Ravenloft.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2012-11-08 at 01:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the links. I suppose logs of tabletop sessions are helpful as well. I've just never seen anyone keep them with that much detail.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

How finished do they need to be? Will really long or episodic material suffice? I could link some Nobilis games here if you want something more unusual than d20 varients.
    Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins! Three cheers and all that.

The World's Greatest (and only) Deceiver Askblog!