New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Birth Of A New Species: IC.

"Ah yes, we wouldn't want it to get killed when we took such pains to keep it alive, " Seric dismounts and walks to the prisoner where she ungags it, "Creature, can you understand me? Do you have a name?" Lessons in interrogation were coming back to her. Simple questions first, get the enemy talking and they'd reveal more than they intended.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Beware the man with the long fingers! For he seized me and smote me upon myself and I was made one and many! Beware the outstretched fist, O sister!"
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

3. - Top - End - #93

"Yes, because that's helpful. Who's this "man with long fingers?""
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

4. - Top - End - #94

The thing shrieks something totally untranslatable in Infernal and yells some kind of spell. A brief surge of black fire wreaths the thing and fades again without any visible effect.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    The thing shrieks something totally untranslatable in Infernal and yells some kind of spell. A brief surge of black fire wreaths the thing and fades again without any visible effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I am sure this is the kind of things you hate to hear from a player but... I speak Infernal.
    Avatar masterfully done by the ever gifted Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #96

[OOC]I knew that. When I said "totally untranslatable" I meant "too obscene to get past the *boop* filter". You may fill in the blanks at your leisure.[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"Is that your name?" Seric does not speak infernal.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

The thing bursts into a very off-key song

"Imagine there's no fire
    A-burnign up the sky,
    No stone ablaze below us
    It's easy if you try."

"Imagine there's no wind
    to batter stone and seas
    No blowing storms to break
    apart the mighty oaken trees"

"Imagine ..."

Lego Ergo Sum

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Imagine... how does it follow!" Flowdy is writing down the song on his adventurers poem's scroll.

10. - Top - End - #100

The thing breaks off in the middle of the song and starts babbling in Infernal

Since only Korney understands

Spoiler
    Show
    "Great Lord of the Dark, why hath this befallen me? Where are thy arms to rend, thy sword to smite? Rip me from myself that I might return unto thee!"

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This poor soul is clearly mind broken. He must have escaped from a horrible experience that redered him mentally unstable." sais Flowdy with a serious tone. "It is not safe to asume he may not try to commit suicide or attack other, but I will like to keep him captive for further interrogation and investigation. There is probably some warehouse at the mines where we can hold him"

Flowdy refers to Seric again "Could you please use your remaining healing abilities on him before we go to sleep? Maybe some more healing will revert his condition and he regain some sanity"
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-16 at 04:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Not appearantly inclined to assert its sanity, the creature begins to intone: "Ouroubrinda, Ouruborinda, Ouruborinda ba-ba-hee! Ouroubrinda, Ouruborinda, Ouruborinda ba-ba-hee!" For a brief instant a whirling disk of crimson energy appears above its body and there is a flash of heat and the odor of sulfur. Then the disk vanishes again.

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flowdy stares at the creature with the sulphur smell still in the air. "Maybe we should muzzle him before he casts something." He takes off one of his socks and put it inside the creature's mouth, then cover it with a tight rope.

"I hate doing this things." sais looking at Marius.

14. - Top - End - #104

The creature mutters something incomprehensible through the gag.

Lego Ergo Sum

15. - Top - End - #105

Ogodei recoils when he sees the black fire. Taking a few steps back and sitting down he takes out from his backpack a book and some writing material and he begins writing his observations. Adding the latest show of floating disk and the odor of sulfur.

"Maybe its not entirely his sanity but rather conflicts within himself that causes the randomness in his outburst. Healing it may solve some of the problem but we may risk the chance of losing some information if it vanishes along with some of the other parts.
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2012-11-16 at 05:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

[OOC] Do you want to proceed into town or wait here?[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I would like to wait to see Seric's decision in healing him and camping here before continuing.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

"I have used the healing powers granted to me for the day," Seric doesn't seem inclined to help this creature any further, "It's babbling nonsense anyway. Let's just kill it and be done. I'm happy to if you're too squeamish though I'd like to see if your magic changes its shape like mine does. Did you recognise the spell it was casting or where that portal was going to?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft (1d20+1)[6]
    Because of the disk of energy, smell of sulfur and Infernal I'm guessing lower planes but can I get more specific than that?
    Knowledge (The Planes) (1d20+2)[9]

Guess not.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2012-11-17 at 05:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

You arrive before much longer. Starkspear proper is a small cluster of buildings and sheds built against the base of a particularly large mountain. On first evidence, it appears to be a fairly ordinary mining town, small and rather bland, with dozens of small, neat houses, a couple of taverns, and a handful of shops. A small castle-like affair on the south-side of the village serves as a combination governor’s house, storage facility for gems, and barracks for the small squad of militia and guards.
    As you enter the town, you begin to see subtle signs of a nervous populace. Bunches of mint hang at windows, while small mirrors hang in front of many doors, and at least one house has bunches of monkshood (or as it’s also called, wolfsbane) strewn over its welcome mat. Very few people seem to be outside, and those that are scuttle quickly from house to house, clutching silver pendants or small wooden charms. The sweet (if slightly off-key) strains of lute music and singing voices waft from the small chapel on the west side of the village, even though it’s the middle of the afternoon and not the usual day for worship services.

You are suddenly very glad that you've hidden the whatever-it-is below a tarp.

Lego Ergo Sum

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

"These people are really afraid. Was it this bad the last time you were here?" asks Flowdy to the messenger.
    "We should probably visit the gobernor right away so we can hide him"

Flowdy checks mentally the list of myths that involve the charms and items people are using while moving towards the gobernor's castle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledges:
    Arcana(1d20+9)[23]
    History(1d20+9)[27]
    Local(1d20+9)[23]
    Dungeon(1d20+9)[13]
    Planes(1d20+9)[11]

"I would like you to acompany us Ogodei, as we seem to have the same objetive. Figure out what is happening here." Flowdy checks Marius and Seric to see if they have anything different in mind.
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-17 at 04:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

When you arrive at the fort, you are stopped by a guard. Upon announcing your business, he looks rather emberassed.

"The governor sent down instructions that he was not to be disturbed for the next couple of hours."

Results of Korney's knowledge checks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mint is supposed to have cleansing powers, warding off ghosts and unclean spirits. Wolfsbane, as suggested by the name, is supposed to cause werewolves to revert. Legend states that no vampire will willingly look in a mirror, because it shows them as they were as humans. Silver has the same properties as in regular D&D.

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We are sent here on official mission redarding the recent events on this place and we believe time would be an important matter, so please go give him the message that we are here, and let him decide if we are more important than what he is actually doing." Flowdy sais to the guard, talking with a tone that admits no excuses.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I don't want to hog the game, but as nobody was saying nothing...
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-18 at 11:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

"That includes by us. He won't recieve your message until he's done with his current...business."

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

"And what business is more important than the King's business?" Seric barged past the guard, "Direct us to his apartments."

"Oh, and we need a cell for our prisoner. Come on man, what are you waiting for?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check (1d20+1)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

The guard follows you, looking miserable. It isn't hard to find the Governor's rooms, but when Seric tries the door it's locked.

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #116

When Seric's attempt to open the door is unsuccessful, Marius steps forward and pounds three times on the hard wood. "On behalf of his majesty the king, and the Royal Spymistress, we command that you open this door and permit us entrance!"
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

27. - Top - End - #117

That at least seems to get a response. A few moments later, the door opens to reveal the governor with a sheet wrapped around his waist. Sitting on the bed behind him, facing the door, is a very pretty redhead wearing absolutely nothing but a rose in her hair.

"What in all the worlds is going on?!" the governor half-yells. "Is the town being attacked by snow-demons?"

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #118

Marius pulls out his credentials and holds them up where the governor can see them clearly. "That's what we intend to find out, and we would appreciate your cooperation in our endeavor."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

"What is going on here?" Seric fumes, "That's exactly what I'd like to know!" She barges into the governor's room and snatches up a blanket or sheet to cover the woman with. "We come all this way on the King's business with reports that the mines have ceased operating and the miners are cowering in their homes afraid even to venture out for fear of ghosts and goblins and other tales. What do we find when we arrive but the man in charge apparently taking advantage of this poor, young woman." For all Seric knows this might well be his wife but if you're going to invade someone's privacy and order them around in their own town then you may as well go for broke.

"Child, " she draped the sheet around the redhead's shoulders, "What has this beast done to you? If he has abused his authority then I will see him pay dearly. Come now, confess. I shall protect you."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

The girl's face is the picture of utter amusement. She falls over backwards off the bed (shedding the blanket again, incidently) and rolls on the floor in peals of laughter. The governor, on the other hand, seems to be too disoriented to even talk intelligebly and simply keeps sputtering, "Wha...but...but...but she..."

Lego Ergo Sum