New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Birth Of A New Species: IC.

"And now we've got penguins. Flowdy, are these related to those scones?" Marius moves up through the penguin horde, getting closer to the enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I could not tell, first time I ever see and actual penguin! I think this is a job for Ogodei." sais Flowdy as he tries to avoid being robbed by summoned penguins.
    Avatar masterfully done by the ever gifted Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #303

After some careful footwok, Marius finally gets beyond the carpet of summoned penguins and breaks into a half-charge towards the monsters.

[OOC]The ten feet of moving through penguins counts double, so you're 50 ft from the dretch if you used one move action, and 20 if you used two.[/OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Seric walks down the corridor praying loudly and exhorting the servants of Hextor and those who aid them power in battle against our foes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move slowly through the birds so as not to fall and then stops and cast Bless
    "Who opposes us in our righteous power? Who defiles these dead and turns them against the faithful? Who summons Hextor's enemies to battle us? I demand that you show yourselves or are you cowards?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305

[OOC] Are you talking on your turn or on Ogodei's (right now)?[/OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    [OOC] Are you talking on your turn or on Ogodei's (right now)?[/OOC]
    On mine but a round is only six seconds. It took me that long to say all that in a suitably dramatic manner.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307

First scones and now penguin!? The Easterner sighs as he casts a look at the mage "I shall try to handle the critter problem right after we deal with the more horrible creatures in front of us." Following Marius, Ogodei strides forward with care at first then join up with the man.

Only casting a small look backward he mutters "Lets hope its not a bear that gets summoned next."

8. - Top - End - #308

[OOC] Boop, we've still got to get an action from Flowdy. [/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing as the others are not attacked by the penguins, Flowdy moves with coution out of their circle and recharges his crossbow.

10. - Top - End - #310

As the group advances to engage the zombies, they tiptoe forwards to engage them in return. Before the two can close, there is another crimson surge from behind the zombies, and it is again reechoed by another explosion of azure light, and corresponding rain of penguins, around Flowdy. (Only about half as many penguins as before, though).

Ogodei can see
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lemure (the devil from which the abomination you met was appearnatly made), has just appeared behind the zombies, near the shape that is not a skeleton.)

The dretch moves forwards, closing to within ten feet of Seric before she gives her speech. The reaction to that is... unexpected.

From the midst of the skeletons, a voice shouts a single word in Infernal

(Flowdy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Halt!"

and the zombies and dretch freeze in their tracks.

The voice continues in slightly accented Common.

"If thou art indeed one of us, as thou claimest, then give the password that we might know you truly share our vision."

In the background you can still hear the "Whock-Whock-Whock" of the skeleton miners.

[OOC]Until combat starts again you can talk and, to a certain extent, act in any order. We'll restart at the top of the current initiative order if it becomes relevant. I'm interested to see what you make of this.[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: What exactly does the penguins summoning do? Any effect? apart for unexpected confusion?

Flowdy looks arround as the combat seems to freeze. When the figure commands the zombies to stop using an infernal order Flowdy satates the obvious to his comrades in a whisper "She controls them."

Flowdy lowers his crossbow, thinking about a better solution while approaching Seric and staying some feets behind her. "You are the one who speaks for us now." tells softly to Seric. Remaining at a close distance, Flowdy's mind is open to whisper Seric any useful information that might help her improve their diplomatic chances.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Flowdy will whisper any insteresting information he might gather while they are talking, as well as some traductions from infernal or some useful words to gain respect in a conversation as "plase, thanks, my pleasure, sir, lady" etc.
    I hope this can provide a +2 bonus.

In case that moral help is not enough, I could roll a diplomacy check for aiding another (1d20)[4]
    or a Knoweledge (Planes) to provide useful information once I can see whoever is speaking to Seric (1d20+9)[28]

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately Seric doesn't understand the Infernal being spoken. "No, you identify yourself, you misbegotten son of a mangy dog or I'll wade through your walking corpses and cave your skull in." Her blood was up and she wanted to fight, though Flowdy's words managed to drift through the red fog.

She remembered that summoning demons of low rank was possible for some of her superiors but that they remained for only a few seconds. "Keep track of how long the lemures stay for," she whispers back, "I expect they will disappear in half a minute or less."

"What is your name, summoner? She strides forward until her path is blocked, "Move out of my way," she orders the undead and lemures.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the summoner gives a title try to match it up with a priestly hierarchy or unholy order.
    Knowledge (Religion) check (1d20+5)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

"The password. Now. Or is it that you are merely trying to bluff an acquaintance with our order? If that is the case, you shall perish in pain and agony."

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Excuse my master, oh great one!" sais flowdy stepping at the side of Seric. "We have our reasons to distrust."

Flowdy turns to Seric and tells her"Let's tell her our true purpose, my master." Sais Flowdy with his head low, acting as if Seric was his master in order to make it realistic.

"We are here because we found your creation on the forest. That human transformation was simply... art. And we decided to follow the bread crumbs until we could meet you." Flowdy shots a knowing look at his comrades hoping they follow the bluff.
    Then he adds in infernal "We would like to join you, as your servants, and your mission. We do not know your password." and ends in a reverence.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I hate stepping in when someone tries to intimidate, but it looked like we were not going to make it that way.
    Let's try Bluff!
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-12-20 at 10:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Finally the old man shows me my due respect. My words have obviously frightened him into obedience Seric smiles condescendingly and allows him to continue. She grips the holy symbol that she wears around her neck and holds it up for the summoner to see. "What would be the appropriate punishment for pretending to be a priest and wearing this?" She glares at the fool, "Who would dare?"
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316

"Hmm. Very well, I call."

He speaks a few words and the skeletons stop their mining and raise their picks. The zombies and fiends begin to back up, as does he.

"Come forward. If you are as you say, then I will give you a chance to prove it."

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #317

As clever the plan may be, Ogodei disliked it but he did nothing to voice his disdain. Quietly following the two main actors of this plot he simply looked back at Seric, waiting to follow her as if some kind of bodyguard or otherwise minion.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Seric walks forward to the edge of the chamber, a good and defensible position, and looks around. She counts the undead and others in the room and fixes the summoner in her memory. A description might be useful later when issuing an arrest warrant. "Well?" With Marius at her side and Flowdy and Ogodei in support they'd be able to hold the corridor for some time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly how many enemies are we facing? What other exists from this room are there?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319

You are standing at the entrance to a much fatter tunnel, about 20-30 feet across and a couple of hundred feet long. The skeletons are lining both walls, picks upraised. Maybe 50-60 feet in front of you is a giant iron chest with a complex device incoporating a gemstone on the lid. The zombies are standing right behind the chest, with the summoner a little ways behind them (he has cover). Things are lit by a number of torches stuck to the walls, and there are shards of rock all over the floor. Glints of gem wink from the walls.

"If you indeed wish to join us, get in the chest, one at a time. It will take you to a place where you may be tested, and will be taught."

Lego Ergo Sum

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly how many zombie and skeletons are there? How many Lemures? What is the summoner dressed in? Does he have armour and weapons visible?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

Spoiler
    Show
    There are four zombies and two dozen skeletons, and one lemure. The summoner has no visible armor or weapons, just long black robes.

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

"Do we think we can take him? Flowdy, are you still counting down on the summoning? Let's try a delaying action until the lemure goes. Agreed? Give us more information. What is in the chest? What does it do?" Seric thinks she knows. The chest transforms people into these lemure hybrids. A horrible fate and not one she is willingly going to volunteer for.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

"It's a spatial swapper. When activated, whatever's inside the chest is swapped with the innards of an identical chest at the other end. I can show you if you like."

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #324

Marius leans in and whispers to Seric. "I don't like this. We're pretty severely outnumbered, even if we wait for the lemure to go." He straightens once more, scanning the room and trying to decide if they really could take the summoner and his minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Do we recognize the magical item? Or could we get more information about it? Will it send us to hell?

(1d20)[4] <--- Apply this roll to UMC, or Know. arcana or qhetever the skill you think is appropiate to this purpose.

26. - Top - End - #326

Result of Korney's check
    Spoiler
    Show
    The design of the chest stirs vague memories of a tale, a tale of a necromantic coffin used to inflict great torture on captives and make them the slaves of the coffin's weilder.

Lego Ergo Sum

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

"If he is a wizard then engaging him in combat should nullify his advantage. I can deal with the undead but if he's a cleric he will just take control of them again. We need more intelligence about our enemy. What is your name, sorcerer?"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

With a slight pop, the dretch evaporates into crimson mist, followed a few seconds later by the lemure.

"I will give you no more information. I have called, and you have ten seconds to either fold, or throw your cards down. Choose, and choose wisely."

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

"How long was that?" Seric takes a deep breath and prepares to draw the power of Hextor out and rebuke the undead ahead of her.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

[OOC] It was supposed to be about 45 sec.[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum