New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Birth Of A New Species: IC.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Does the chest look like we could destroy it?
    Avatar masterfully done by the ever gifted Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not at all quickly. It's thick, solid iron.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

3. - Top - End - #333

Spoiler
    Show
    Just remembered that Marius has Sense Motive! So rolling that to see if the caster is lying about the chest: (1d20+4)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

4. - Top - End - #334

Spoiler
    Show
    You're almost certain that he's telling the truth about the chest. You can also sense that he's extremely distrustful of you, and is about to order his skeletons to attack.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #335

"Amazingly, I don't think he's lying about the chest. The real question is where it goes. But we're running out of time. We need to decide if we're going through the chest or backing off for now to call reinforcements."
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

"We should call for reinforcements anyway. If the chest is a means of transport then let us face where it goes." Seric twists the ring on her finger and waits a moment for the gems to glow, "Enemy spell caster found. Undead in mines. Outnumbered. Entering iron chest. Either teleport or trap. If no contact tomorrow send large force to destroy enemy. I am ready," she announces and strides forward, shoving aside any undead who block her path.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337

[OOC] The Ring Of Sending produces a highly visible effect. The caster will know what you did. Are you still sure you want to do that?[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    [OOC] The Ring Of Sending produces a highly visible effect. The caster will know what you did. Are you still sure you want to do that?[/OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What if I put my hand in my pocket? If not I hand the ring to Floudy and whisper for him to get out of sight and send a message.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339

[OOC] I don't think putting your hand in your pocket would work. So you pass the ring to Flowdy. And then you get in the chest?[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DON'T ! If the chest transforms you into a mutant we are doomed. As far as we know, the mutation can be healed, and you are our healer!
    I will get into the chest (although I think it's a bad idea xD)

Flowdy looks back to his party and hopes for the best when we head to the chest.
    "You have nothing to fear oh great one! We will be glad to prove our purposes to you." he then enters the chest.
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-12-29 at 09:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    [OOC] I don't think putting your hand in your pocket would work. So you pass the ring to Flowdy. And then you get in the chest?[/OOC]
    No, I walk to the chest but don't get in. "Flowdy, the honour is mine. I wish to be taken for testing by Hextor. You do not have the strength or the ruthlessness to survive. Marius, come here and take this spineless weakling away before he hurts himself. Ogodei, help him." She grabs hold of Flowdy and pushes him behind her. "Get a better look at the chest from up close. What, you would attack me! Perhaps you are more worthy than I imagined. Play along."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check to pretend that we're really arguing. (1d20+1)[13] It shouldn't be that difficult given how much we argue anyway and how insulting Seric can be.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342

"You needn't pretend to be quarrelers, I can see that you are working together. The subterfuge is an excellent attempt, but unnessecary.

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #343

Following Seric a few steps behind, Ogodei takes a look around at the monsters, being mentally prepared to be betrayed by the summoner, needless to say he wasn't liking what was going on.

To add to his worries, now Seric would probably be unavailable for the battle when it would errupt, for surely this whole thing won't end well. The silent druid keeps his usual silence and plays along the cleric's plan.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How close can we get to the summoner?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345

[OOC] You're about 20 feet from the summoner, but there are four zombies (2x2) in the way, so you'd have to get past those).[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Walk together as a group to the summoner.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347

You get up to the chest, but as you attempt to pass it, the zombies block you path with their clubs.

"Now, Now, I'm willing to grant you a chance to join us, but I'm not stupid enough to let you get next to me. Throw in your cards or fold, it's all the same to me. I'm calling."

[OOC]There is a row of zombies and skeletons (2 deep) blocking the path in front of you, then a five-foot space, then the summoner.[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did he say anything or give any sort of command to the undead? As mindless creatures they can only obey commands. It is possible that he'd given a command early to block the way when we got close but few people have that kind of preparedness about them.

Also where is the chest in relation to the undead and summoner?
    Seeing the undead block the way Seric stops in front of them and gives them and their controller a good look, "I've a mind to smash your zombies to punish you for your impertinence, sorcerer."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search for a device or magic item like a rod or a ring that he could be using to control the undead mentally.
    Search check (1d20+1)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: how about I cast grease and once they are down you jump over?

20. - Top - End - #350

"Go ahead. I'll smash you to pieces in return."

[OOC]You're standing right next to the chest. The undead are behind it, relative to the way you entered.[/OOC]

Search
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has one hand on a pendant of some metal, probably iron.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-12-31 at 11:16 AM.

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Seric opens the chest and takes a look inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352

The chest was supposed to already be open, actually. There's nothing in there but rock fragments and some sand.

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Seric reaches in and picks up a stone from inside the chest, "Is this a joke? An ordinary chest that you use to store ore in! You dare to play a joke on Serick von Pinn!" she raises her holy symbol and in a clear and loud voice commands the undead to bow down before the might of Hextor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rebuke Undead (1d20+1)[8]
    Turning Damage (2d6+2)[8]

That's not good. RUN!
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-01-02 at 03:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flowdy, seeing it coming, jumps away and casts a spell as fast as he can from his scroll "Appear now creature and do my command!" A small ugly spider appears behind the necromancer and shoots a web at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Summon Monster I for a
    -Fiendish monstrous spider, Small
    Then the spider shoots it's web hoping it may disturb his casting.

If my initiative goes after him I will probably do the same.

I don't have the stats for the spider with me, can you please make the web roll?

25. - Top - End - #355

Marius, for his part, pulls out his greatsword, holding it at the ready for when things inevitably go south.

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp, this is going to end poorly.

26. - Top - End - #356

Perhaps Seric isn't confident enough, or perhaps these zombies just don't respect Hextor, but the display of unholy power fails to shake them. In an instant, the tunnel explodes into battle once more.

[OOC]Initiative order once again applies, so we'll start at Marius's turn, where we left off last time. Seric's action counts as a surprise, but nobody else acts out of order.[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative rolls from back in the thread.

{table]Character|Roll
    Ogodei:|23
    Marius:|20
    Flowdy:|19
    Enemy Group 2:|14
    Enemy Group 3:|13
    Seric:|10
    Enemy Group 1:|8
    [/table]
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-01-03 at 03:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

Blade drawn, Marius moves up to attack the nearest zombie to Seric.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[6] Damage: (2d6+5)[9]

29. - Top - End - #359

Ogodei focuses on the primal power of nature, willing a wolf to appear.

The summoned creature circles around the 2 by 2 block of creature to bite the summoner of devils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sacrifices one Beast Claw spell for a spontaneous Summon Nature's Ally I spell.

[rollv]To hit: 1d20+3[/rollv], Damage: (1d6+1)[4](5)
    In case of trip: (1d20+1)[10](11)

Wolf's stats
    HP: 13
    AC: 14
    Speed 50 ft
    Attack: Bite +3, 1d6+1 Crit x3
    Successful bite can attemp trip, no AoO.

30. - Top - End - #360

Ogodei's words have not only their desired effect, but something extra. As Ogodei finishes the druidic invocation and the silvery fires of his magic take shape, he senses a...resonance...as though his spell were echoing off something. A moment later, the nature of the echo becomes clear, as Ogodei senses an unfamiliar surge of magic resounding from his own, and watches as this new spell becomes the familiar coruscation of blue light and surge of penguins.

Unable to skirt the zombies due to the skeletons flanking them, the wolf executes Ogodei's silent orders with courage and ingenutity. It dashes off towards the exit, and for half a second Ogodei's heart sinks. But then the wolf spins on its heel, charges back up the center of the tunnel, and leaps clean over the zombie line, slamming into the summoner in a flurry of fangs.

Startled by this turn of events, Marius's swordstroke falls short, only barely grazing the zombie and doing no relevant damage to its rotting form.

As Flowdy reads off the scroll, he seems to hear a kind of countersong to the music formed by the spell, and the two songs crescendo together. His song, sung from the scroll's runes, results in a spider as expected. But the other song, the strange one, produces yet another shower of penguins, such that the entire tunnel seems to be swarming with flightless waterfowl.

Despite its unexpected company, the spider itself performs exactly as desired, encasing the summoner in a tangled spray of web. Despite this entangling mess, however, the summoner easily succeeds in completing the necessary guestures to cast some sort of spell. A wave of fear and terror radiates out from him, battering at your minds and seeking to sap your strength. He also barks out orders to his minions in Infernal. The two zombies at the rear of their formation both swing at the wolf with their clubs, while the two in front target Marius.

Spoiler
    Show

Will saves (for the spell, DC 15, failure means a -1 penalty to attack rolls and fear saves).

Marius: (1d20+2)[21]
    Seric: (1d20+5)[20]
    Flowdy: (1d20+2)[20]
    Ogodei: (1d20+5)[19]

Zombie attack rolls (1&2 targeting wolf, 3&4 Marius)

1: (1d20+2)[8]
    2: (1d20+2)[7]
    3: (1d20+2)[18]
    4: (1d20+2)[20]

Zombie damage rolls

1: (1d6+1)[4]
    2: (1d6+1)[7]
    3: (1d6+1)[6]
    4: (1d6+1)[3]

Lego Ergo Sum