New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Edit:
    I'm just curious, is there a substantial difference between having a 31 IV and a 30 IV in a stat?
    If you're playing at level 100, there should be a 1 point difference, I believe.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

Hdden power is the big one, since it determines the type and power.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Herp derp. Hidden power is also a thing.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Ditto can't be bred, so you have to get -really- lucky on the catching of them to get good stats.
    They also can't be used in chain breeding IVs except as the first step (i.e. it has a really good IV itself).

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Hdden power is the big one, since it determines the type and power.
    Well the importance of Hidden Power depends entirely on the Pokémon in question.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    They also can't be used in chain breeding IVs except as the first step (i.e. it has a really good IV itself).
    Er, yes they can. Breed 31 HP Ditto and Drilbur to get 31 HP Drilbur, breed 31 Atk Ditto and 31 HP Drilbur to get 31 HP/Atk Drilbur, breed 31 Spe Ditto and 31 HP/Atk Drilbur to get 31 HP/Atk/Spe Drilbur. Then you breed all your egg moves onto it.
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I'd never twigged you couldn't breed Ditto.

That... raises some interesting questions as to how Ditto procreate...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'd never twigged you couldn't breed Ditto.

That... raises some interesting questions as to how Ditto procreate...
    My guess is either Mitosis (like Eukaryotes, AKA without the need of a host) or Replication (like Viruses, AKA needing a host).

The host in this case is any other Pokemon that can reproduce (and be seduced).
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thormag View Post
    My guess is either Mitosis (like Eukaryotes, AKA without the need of a host) or Replication (like Viruses, AKA needing a host).

The host in this case is any other Pokemon that can reproduce (and be seduced).
    In the former case, I suppose it sort of could make sense.

In the latter, though, why doesn't that happen whenever you put it in the daycare with another pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    In the former case, I suppose it sort of could make sense.

In the latter, though, why doesn't that happen whenever you put it in the daycare with another pokemon?
    How you do know it doesn't happen? The Day Care people always say "I don't know how it happened, but I found this", so it's clear that they have no idea how the process works. Maybe the result of breeding with Ditto is not just "An Egg of whatever", but maybe it's a Ditto and an Egg. Think about it.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thormag View Post
    How you do know it doesn't happen? The Day Care people always say "I don't know how it happened, but I found this", so it's clear that they have no idea how the process works.
    Yeah, that's always bothered me. I know the average population IQ of the Pokemon games is pretty low (seriously, they're nice people and all, but by frag most of them are stupid...!), but I would assume that even they ought to know how babies are made. Yes, even in a game ostensibly aimed at children (I certainly had some broad idea, even as a child; mind you, my Mum was afamily planning nurse, so...)

Perhaps he's white lying to you because he doesn't want to be trapped in explaining the birds and the bees to a ten-year old he doesn't know. (Though frankly, something that has been raised in a few fanfics I've read, they REALLY ought to be mandatorially teaching sex education early in a country where children and teenagers are wandering the countryside unsupervised, and probably taking other precautions like freely available contraceptives at Pokemon centres or something...)

One wonders if what the man says is roughly the same in Japanese or other languages, or whether it's just the (US-translated) English version.

Question: which is the fastest/most efficient way to get BP in B2, the subway or the PWT?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-12-03 at 08:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sometimes, though, they honestly wouldn't have any clue how it could have happened. Plus, they can lay eggs within like 500 steps of you leaving the place. Tell me how that works.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Well, 500 steps is a bit fast, but when you take the time dilation into account, that's a couple of hours.

14. - Top - End - #194

Question: which is the fastest/most efficient way to get BP in B2, the subway or the PWT?
    The PWT is probably faster if you've got a very strong team (since it's only three fights for a maximum of 9 BP). And as a plus, you get shards for losing.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps he's white lying to you because he doesn't want to be trapped in explaining the birds and the bees to a ten-year old he doesn't know.
    For what it's worth, Cynthia confirmed that nobody's ever seen a pokemon egg be produced. Or maybe she's really good at trolling, but we knew that already.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

PWT if you have a team that can beat it without losing anyone; Champions league has the fewest variables, so it's usually 10-15 minutes for me for 9 BP.

Subway if you have patience and a team that can cover many bases (or abuse Entrainment Durant ).
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Probably have stab at PWT this time around, though not for a level or few just yet. Probably need a few better attacks (and evolutions!) first. (Mostly I want to get the Power [gubbins] for EV training down the line.)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

I've just started running the double battle subway for BP myself (I'm trying to get all of the bands to help Barry White the perfect mienfoo). Thus far I've had a lot of luck running an Exadrill and a Sigilyph together; the exadrill outspeeds most of the competition and it's earthquake hits hard enough to decimate most of the opponents, with Sigilyph mopping up the remains.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-12-04 at 12:58 AM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately my Exadrill/Archeops double team is in my Black game, or I'd have used them...!

Which is why I suspect it will be a bit harder this time around, but there you go.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

I decided to go and buy White 2 today.... and realized the guy at the electronics department pulled out Black 2 instead.

I dunno, should I return it for White 2?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say only return it for White 2 if you have someone who needs the easy-mode code.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I'd say only return it for White 2 if you have someone who needs the easy-mode code.
    Or if most of your friends/acquaintances have Black 2 instead of White 2. But that is too obvious.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have anyone around me that plays XD

Alright, decided to keep the game.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    I don't have anyone around me that plays XD

Alright, decided to keep the game.
    Keep this in mind though

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    For what it's worth, Cynthia confirmed that nobody's ever seen a pokemon egg be produced. Or maybe she's really good at trolling, but we knew that already.
    I'm pretty sure that another NPC somewhere has mentioned it as well.

Well, that video explains the reason. My theory is that that's how EVERY egg is produced, not just the ones Arceus creates. Your mind cannot grasp the true form of the Pokemon reproductive process.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

26. - Top - End - #206

Okay, so, I recently managed to get to floor five in Black Tower in Black 2, so I decided to take a break from that game.

I had realized that HeartGold and SoulSilver have been the only generation games I have ever skipped, so I found a decently priced used copy of HeartGold and have started playing it.

...Whitney keeps crushing my team in spite of it being slightly higher level than her.

Seriously though, I can't think of any time in Black 2 when I was as challenged as I have been with HeartGold. And that's not to say it's a bad thing, as I honestly think some parts of HeartGold I've seen should have been features of the fifth generation as well.

So...yeah. HeartGold is spiffy, and I'm kind of sad that I missed out on it when it first came out.
    LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    ...Whitney keeps crushing my team in spite of it being slightly higher level than her.
    Geodude, defense curl + rollout.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

If you were lucky with your togepi, you can flinch it to death with Headbutt as well.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Females. Female Geodude, Nidorina, or Machop will handle Whitney's Miltank easily.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I think I got lucky in that regard, my whole team on HeartGold was female.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show