New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    Nothing. It's a fine show if that's what you're into. It's just not a very "intellectual" show. It's too "broad strokes" and flashy for that, I think. And again, that's not bad or anything, it's a stylistic choice. But not very cerebral.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

I think I'll get an infraction if I try and strangle whatever you're hiding out of you, so I'll just resort to puppy eyes.

WHAT IS IT DAMN YOU?!?!?!
    Well, you haven't done anything wrong, per se... but can you try to think a guy who had invited you to watch tv with him might be mildly upset with the situation (not you) when you tried to invite another guy along?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Nothing. It's a fine show if that's what you're into. It's just not a very "intellectual" show. It's too "broad strokes" and flashy for that, I think. And again, that's not bad or anything, it's a stylistic choice. But not very cerebral.
    Well, even so, that doesn't make people who do watch it non-intelectuals, which you implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Well, you haven't done anything wrong, per se... but can you try to think a guy who had invited you to watch tv with him might be mildly upset with the situation (not you) when you tried to invite another guy along?
    per se? What happened? I can't think of anything...
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-17 at 01:54 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #544

Well, even so, that doesn't make people who do watch it non-intelectuals, which you implied.
    Haven't been in this much trouble over a joke since my sister's wedding.

5. - Top - End - #545

Haven't been in this much trouble over a joke since my sister's wedding.
    You're in trouble? By whom?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546

You're in trouble? By whom?
    Feels like I am. It feels like as soon as the bell rings you're going to stop me on my way out and ask to have a word with me. It's that sense of dread, you know?

7. - Top - End - #547

Feels like I am. It feels like as soon as the bell rings you're going to stop me on my way out and ask to have a word with me. It's that sense of dread, you know?
    See, this is why I'm destined to become a professor.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548

See, this is why I'm destined to become a professor.
    It's more of a high school flavored dread, I think. Look, the thing is, I thought it was funny that someone who claimed to be an intellectual was watching Doctor Who. Where I'm from that's charmingly oxymoronic.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    One wonders why you have them.
    Because he likes sausages, maybe? I'm sure we all have foods that we know are bad for us but which are so damned tasty we have to have them anyway!

10. - Top - End - #550

Nah, s'actually pretty stagnant. I just mention things in bursts.

What's wrong with that?

I think I'll get an infraction if I try and strangle whatever you're hiding out of you, so I'll just resort to puppy eyes.

Rawhide is saying your friend probably doesn't want a third party messing up his MoonCat time.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Mooncat has a special friend
    with a twinkle in his eye
    when Mooncat invites another boy
    her special friend would cry

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #552
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

He wants to tap that.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

13. - Top - End - #553

It's more of a high school flavored dread, I think. Look, the thing is, I thought it was funny that someone who claimed to be an intellectual was watching Doctor Who. Where I'm from that's charmingly oxymoronic.
    Huh. Where I'm from, it's the exact opposite: only the intellectuals watch Doctor Who, including the three smartest people I know.

Only the obvious.
    *shipshipshipshipshipshipshipship*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

14. - Top - End - #554

per se? What happened? I can't think of anything...
    From what I've pieced together from the last page of this thread, it is probable the guy in question fancies you.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

I just discovered that "brap brap brap" gets more Google results with the quotes than without

Also, I read Homestuck now...

16. - Top - End - #556

NecromancerGuy

Also, attempting to set up a Doctor Who watching thing with one of the boys at school, who theoretically is setting it up, but beyond getting my phone number and then never calling me last school year, is leaving it to me. As I just found out one of the Intellectual *******s watches Doctor Who as well (I told you guys, he was the one who blushed and mumbled allons-y as a confession), I suggested asking him along to the other dude. he seemed sorta miffed, I dunno why.

Anyway, woohoo, nerds!
    Well, there's two main possibilities. One is that since these people have a reputation for being antisocial reprobates who are intensely unpleasant to everyone ever there could be some bad blood between these two.

The other has been gone into at great length about boys and feels.

I suppose him just being miffed at a small gathering with an unfavorable boy to girl ratio is another possibility.

Really though, it's most likely all of them in varying degrees of miffed-causing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Rawhide means "He likes you."
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #558

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Huh. Where I'm from, it's the exact opposite: only the intellectuals watch Doctor Who, including the three smartest people I know.
    Huh. That's hard for me to comprehend. Do they genuinely like it or are they being ironic?

19. - Top - End - #559

Huh. That's hard for me to comprehend. Do they genuinely like it or are they being ironic?
    ...they genuinely like it. I can't actually see a reason not to, but I'm rather biased, and have been told several times that I'm bad at critiquing things I personally enjoy. So perhaps you could explain why - aside from anecdotal evidence - those who watch Doctor Who can't be intellectuals in your mind, so I can better understand where you're coming from.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

...they genuinely like it. I can't actually see a reason not to, but I'm rather biased, and have been told several times that I'm bad at critiquing things I personally enjoy. So perhaps you could explain why - aside from anecdotal evidence - those who watch Doctor Who can't be intellectuals in your mind, so I can better understand where you're coming from.
    He might consider knowledge and imagination/sense-of-humo(u)r to be mutually exclusive ("scientists don't see the beauty in anything"). If that's the case, he should probably start using one or both a little more, rather than relying on erroneous stereotypes.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Soon this idea will replace the Internet Explorer User IQ report fad which used to be in vogue.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

22. - Top - End - #562

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Rawhide is saying your friend probably doesn't want a third party messing up his MoonCat time.
    It's not the like two aren't friends. (Well, sort of, they know eachother well and get along fine, but they have their own things they do seperately more of the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Mooncat has a special friend
    with a twinkle in his eye
    when Mooncat invites another boy
    her special friend would cry
    He isn't a 'special' friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    He wants to tap that.
    I honestly do not see where the heck you got that conclusion from.

Only the obvious.
    *shipshipshipshipshipshipshipship*
    Alright, shipping, so you all are joking then?

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    From what I've pieced together from the last page of this thread, it is probable the guy in question fancies you.
    Not likely. He spends most of his time insulting me about every possible aspect, doesn't talk to me much, and if he did, why wouldn't I know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, there's two main possibilities. One is that since these people have a reputation for being antisocial reprobates who are intensely unpleasant to everyone ever there could be some bad blood between these two.

The other has been gone into at great length about boys and feels.

I suppose him just being miffed at a small gathering with an unfavorable boy to girl ratio is another possibility.

Really though, it's most likely all of them in varying degrees of miffed-causing.
    No bad blood that I know of, they get along fine.

And makes positively no sense.

Why would the gender ratio matter in a casual ****ing awesome Doctor Who marathon?

Whatever it is, I can rule out the second, don't really have evidence for the first, and I'm not sure I fully understand the third.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Rawhide means "He likes you."
    Yes, Castaras provided a much more... disturbing translation. Which is impossible, by the way. Nobody likes me, Not gonna happen.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

When has that happened?

ION: WWII-era space fights against Daleks. I ****ing love Mark Gatiss.
    Oh. Is that the one where Winston Churchill teams up with the Daleks to fight Hitler? best thing ever.

It's not the like two aren't friends. (Well, sort of, they know eachother well and get along fine, but they have their own things they do seperately more of the time.)

Alright, shipping, so you all are joking then?

Why would the gender ratio matter in a casual ****ing awesome Doctor Who marathon?
    Yes, Castaras provided a much more... disturbing translation. Which is impossible, by the way. Nobody likes me, Not gonna happen.
    Ah. So it IS nerd rivarly, just a different kind. It's "nerdy woman competition", and you made first friend go "auck she likes OTHER FRIEND!" And now, he is worried and going "nuuuuuuuu!" Because imagination, it is untamed wilderness.

I am. Half. Mostly. kinda.

BECAUSE DATE.

Moonie... shush. EVERYONE HERE WIKES U.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm reminded of the time my girlfriend said "people don't get crushes on me"

Despite the fact that I had, twice.

25. - Top - End - #565

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Oh. Is that the one where Winston Churchill teams up with the Daleks to fight Hitler? best thing ever.

Ah. So it IS nerd rivarly, just a different kind. It's "nerdy woman competition", and you made first friend go "auck she likes OTHER FRIEND!" And now, he is worried and going "nuuuuuuuu!" Because imagination, it is untamed wilderness.

I am. Half. Mostly. kinda.

BECAUSE DATE.

Moonie... shush. EVERYONE HERE WIKES U.
    And then they're all like "let's forget Hitler for a day, so we can FIGHT DALEKS IN SPACE ON MODIFIED AIRPLANEY THINGS WEARING 1940's FLIGHT GEAR!"

I like them both equally, and I can assure you, First doesn't like me.

???

NOT DATE

Yeah, but not that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    I'm reminded of the time my girlfriend said "people don't get crushes on me"

Despite the fact that I had, twice.
    Twice?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

Yha, they're mostly just making jokes Moony

Also, I'm going to see Wreck it Ralph todaaaaay . After shoveling

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yha, they're mostly just making jokes Moony

Also, I'm going to see Wreck it Ralph todaaaaay . After shoveling
    In that case, does anyone know why he's actually acting miffed about it? I'm curious now.

YOU HAS SNOO???!?!?!?!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Twice?
    Once when I was 10/11, again when I was 17

After we started going going out it turned out she had a crush on me at 10/11 as well, but we both managed to be (apparently) the only people not to know of the other's crush

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Who here finds hippocampi to be physically attractive?

I don't.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #570

In that case, does anyone know why he's actually acting miffed about it? I'm curious now.

YOU HAS SNOO???!?!?!?!
    In all seriousness, he probably just doesn't want to watch it with anyone but you. I can understand the feeling of "I wanna hang out, with just you" as a thing. Doesn't have to be crush related or anything, just sometimes you wanna have some alone time with your friends.

I've had snow for like, two months at this point.