New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Edit: Hey MoonCat... What's your favourite colour?
    I don't know why I asked that...
    Blue! Or black! Or white! Maybe grey! Green and yellow are pretty rad! Red has its good moments! I'm still awake! I'm going to die in school tomorrow wont I?

My brain: Hey, you should try and reread the entire book after you've finished the project you're still working on. It's only two!
    Me: Ok, nope, that's where I'm drawing the line, I'm not that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    We now interrupt your random banter with an utterly awful Star Wars joke I just heard.

Q: What's the internal body tempature of a taun-taun?
    A: Lukewarm.

We now return you to our scheduled randomness and shipping forecasts.
    Owwwwww.

ION: What the **** did Kamose even do? I'm surprised I even care by this point! And after this, FRENCH!!!!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-13 at 05:24 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

What's up Ele? =(
    I'm just feeling rather ill today. Which is bad because I want to catch up on some play by post games but my brain refuses to acknowledge them. Or indeed much else for that matter.
    I can feel my inhibitions and speech abilities slowly coming back online. Not that it makes a difference because it's almost ten at night.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Blue! Or black! Or white! Maybe grey! Green and yellow are pretty rad! Red has its good moments! I'm still awake! I'm going to die in school tomorrow wont I?
    So... You have no favourite? Unusual...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

HahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guy,s I just wrote BECAUSE THE NUMBERS TOLDMESO AND IT"S3:48 AM on my math homeowrk in leiu of an answer. I'm so completely tired I don't even know what I'm doing. Like, I just saw the term side lengths and I started giggling.

I just wanna listen to the Duck song on repeat.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Math homework sucks anyways. Teachers usually never even check if the answers are RIGHT, they just look to see if it looks like math.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Math homework sucks anyways. Teachers usually never even check if the answers are RIGHT, they just look to see if it looks like math.
    My calculus teacher did. But that guy was a little insane - our book didn't provide answers for even-numbered problems, so he went through and did every single even-numbered problem in the book and made an answer key (complete with shown work) for us to look at if we didn't understand a problem.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    My calculus teacher did. But that guy was a little insane - our book didn't provide answers for even-numbered problems, so he went through and did every single even-numbered problem in the book and made an answer key (complete with shown work) for us to look at if we didn't understand a problem.
    That's exactly what my Math professor did. I think it's kinda expected, actually. Only she would go through a couple of the problems in class, and only afterwards hand out her answer sheets, after we'd already done them.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

That's exactly what my Math professor did. I think it's kinda expected, actually. Only she would go through a couple of the problems in class, and only afterwards hand out her answer sheets, after we'd already (theoretically) attempted them.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    That's exactly what my Math professor did. I think it's kinda expected, actually. Only she would go through a couple of the problems in class, and only afterwards hand out her answer sheets, after we'd already done them.
    Well this was the only teacher I knew who did that... And he only had one copy of the key, which he kept in a binder at the front of the classroom. This was to see how you got your problems wrong after he'd told you they were wrong.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Biking to school in -5oC wearing my new winter jacket is somewhat overkill, but on the other hand, it's nice to not arrive as a half-frozen chunk of flesh programmer to school for once.

On a related note, our weather has decided to throw everything reminiscent of stability out the window. The temperatures oscillates over a span of 10oC between the days. Autumn is weird, and also a bit frustrating...

ION:
    I recieved a package from XKCD for my dad yesterday. Turns out it was a very belated birthday gift for me (my birthday was 8 days shy of half a year ago), which had gotten lost in the void of "international shipping" not just once, but twice before. I'm now a proud owner of this shirt.

Screw my thermoregulatory system, I must wear it for Friday's lab assisting without a fleece jacket. There's no other way.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Halfling in the Playground

The SCANDAL. I believe this calls for.... ANOTHER MOONSHIP. I propose MageofMoon, or Mooncake. Yeah,Mooncake. All in favour?

But it wasnt a duck... It was a duck LOBSTER *whe whe whe whe whe whe whe whe wha whaaaa* duck lemonade!
    MoonCake... xD
    Epic cake powers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm not exactly Ace of Cakes but still a fun hobby. I enjoy working with chocolate so all the pieces are hand dipped.

"Grand Squisher of Hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    *Wonders what Yaoi is*

*Goes off to find out what it is*

I...I..... I can't get it out of my head.........

11. - Top - End - #341
    Colossus in the Playground

We now interrupt your random banter with an utterly awful Star Wars joke I just heard.

BOO URNS! BOO URNS!

In all seriousness I actually laughed, but it made me die inside.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    HahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guy,s I just wrote BECAUSE THE NUMBERS TOLDMESO AND IT"S3:48 AM on my math homeowrk in leiu of an answer. I'm so completely tired I don't even know what I'm doing. Like, I just saw the term side lengths and I started giggling.

I just wanna listen to the Duck song on repeat.
    Moony, I bet even the state you are now, you're still better at math then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Biking to school in -5oC wearing my new winter jacket is somewhat overkill, but on the other hand, it's nice to not arrive as a half-frozen chunk of flesh programmer to school for once.

On a related note, our weather has decided to throw everything reminiscent of stability out the window. The temperatures oscillates over a span of 10oC between the days. Autumn is weird, and also a bit frustrating...

ION:
    I recieved a package from XKCD for my dad yesterday. Turns out it was a very belated birthday gift for me (my birthday was 8 days shy of half a year ago), which had gotten lost in the void of "international shipping" not just once, but twice before. I'm now a proud owner of this shirt.

Screw my thermoregulatory system, I must wear it for Friday's lab assisting without a fleece jacket. There's no other way.
    You do realize you COULD just take your fleece jacket OFF while at school, to properally show off said shirt.

Also, when's your birthday! I don't wanna miss it!

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    BOO URNS! BOO URNS!

In all seriousness I actually laughed, but it made me die inside.
    Those are the best jokes.

ION: I had to give a presentation today! A small 5 minute one. Minor stuff really.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

You do realize you COULD just take your fleece jacket OFF while at school, to properally show off said shirt.
    Yes, that was exactly what I was talking about. Lab assisting is done for four hours straight. Right now, I doubt I could wear a t-shirt indoors for four minutes straight without starting to feel uncomfortably cold...

Also, when's your birthday! I don't wanna miss it!
    Add 8 to the current date and count 6 months in either direction. Or just look it up in the Birthday thread if you think that's faster (protip, it's not).

Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just feeling rather ill today. Which is bad because I want to catch up on some play by post games but my brain refuses to acknowledge them. Or indeed much else for that matter.
    I can feel my inhibitions and speech abilities slowly coming back online. Not that it makes a difference because it's almost ten at night.
    Your poor health lately stimulates my maternal instincts. Are you alright? May I do anything for you this day?

This is a portrait of the budgie agent in your area. Please watch for him to check in on you. He will carry a pink sweetpea so you know he is not an imposter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Knee is not 'paired'. You cannot such limit that budgie. It escapes your constraints and lays claim to all.
    This and the conversation that led up to it gave me a delightful chuckle: thank you. It's good to laugh.

Am I Rasputinitp?

I'll note that as a Canadian, one and two dollar coins are hings that we've just always had, so I think I'm not aaaaas impressed as you are about those coins. They are certainly cool though, as is the two dollar bill.

Twoonies and Loonies are still the best type of change though.
    Agreed. Do you think the rumoured $5 coin will actually happen? I think it would be swell, even though I would miss the handsome Mr. Laurier.

It would be no imposition I assure you. You seem to be someone who make an excellent guest.
    Aww, thanks. I hope so, anyways! I would bring a gift for the household and help with the washing up.

Mmm... Drinking chocolate... And I would have to say, I would never consider anything below zero to be mild. It does not get that cold here. Maybe overnight, but never during hours of daylight.

Try walls with no insulation. The only insulation in this house is in the ceiling against heat. High set on a concrete foundation with only the floor on which I am sitting separating the lower level from the upper level. Also, we have a whirlybird on our roof, the purpose of which is to draw warm air out of the house.

And now I feel like I'm bragging about the inability of my house to retain heat...
    Ah... yes. Such a dwelling would fare poorly on the Prairies. I should also like to say that I love the name whirlybird. I didn't know it was called that.

Amazing. I see at once why the Ancient Greeks said that the Goddess Demeter covered the Earth with a soft white blanket while her daughter resided with her husband in the Underworld... It is a remarkable resemblance.

Twenty-one? It is about that temperature now at seven thirty in the evening. I feel rather comfortable.
    Further evidence that I would freeze to death in Canada.
    I had not heard that part of the myth before! but I like it. It works not only as a visual metaphor, but also: snow has the marvelous effect of dampening sound considerably, so that after it has fallen thickly it casts a sensible hush even near a busy street. It is definitely like a soft white blanket to help the world rest.

Last night it went to -21 C.

Which found me outside for a film shoot, dancing around a fire wearing only a faux fur loincloth. I wish I was joking.

No idea. I'm riddiculously inaware about how my hair looks from behind. On those few occations when i've aligned our bathroom mirrors to get a better look, I've realised that I actually would recognise myself I was looking away from me...

Yeah, my town isn't exactly the Black Market Metropolis where you'd find any of those commodities. I suppose I could read up on snaring techniques and catch myself a few wild squirrles, however. They're common, and they would probably make a very comfy hat, even if I'm pretty sure my needle would pierce my conscience just as deep as the leather...

Hmm... I suddenly came to think about a passage with Little My and a frozen squirrel in one of the Moomin books. I should probably dig out that book and look it up. My drops a very striking comment that makes such a strong contrast to what otherwise is one of the more tragic moments in the books, that I need to read it again. That, and it has quoting value, but I can't remember it well enough to dare quoting it...
    I should like to hear this quote, if you can find the book. I had not heard of Moomin before your message; but I looked it up, and I love the style of artwork! It's adorable and just slightly psychadelic.

You are welcome to snare the fat gray squirrels that dig holes in my garden to hide the peanuts that the old Italian lady across the street insists on leaving out for them. If I showed you the flowers and vegetables whose growth they would have disturbed, would it salve your pricked conscience enough?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-13 at 02:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes, that was exactly what I was talking about. Lab assisting is done for four hours straight. Right now, I doubt I could wear a t-shirt indoors for four minutes straight without starting to feel uncomfortably cold...

Add 8 to the current date and count 6 months in either direction. Or just look it up in the Birthday thread if you think that's faster (protip, it's not).
    Oh, I misunderstood. My bad.

So May 21st or...May 21st. GEE I WONDER WHICH IT IS.

Also, Kneenibble, I hope we don't get the 5 dollar coin. As cool as that'd probably be, a 5 dollar bill is so much more managale.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Which found me outside for a film shoot, dancing around a fire wearing only a faux fur loincloth. I wish I was joking.
    I, on the other hand, delight in that you weren't.
    (Sounds like quite a story, care to tell?)

I should like to hear this quote, if you can find the book. I had not heard of Moomin before your message; but I looked it up, and I love the style of artwork! It's adorable and just slightly psychadelic.
    Moominland Midwinter
    Context: The Lady of the Cold, whose beauty is only rivalled by the great cold she brings with her, has passed through Moominvalley and left the Squirrel with the Beautiful Tail frozen solid in her wake. They thaw him up but to no avail, he's dead.

Little My: He's completely dead.
    Moomintroll: At least he got to see something beautiful before he died.
    My: Well, either way he's forgotten it all now. And I'm going to make a cute little muff from his tail.
    Moomin: No, you can't! He must have the tail with him in the grave. Because he will be buried, am I right Too-Ticki?

They decide to bury the squirrel, stuff happens, the squirrel ends up being carried away by a snow horse Too-Ticki built earlier in the chapter...

Moomin: I wonder if this was proper proceedure.
    Too-Ticki: It couldn't have been better.
    My: Yes, it could. If I'd gotten the beautiful tail for a muff.

And yes, the art is quite pretty, especially since Tove herself is the artist of the books which gives it quite a personal feel. And the books themselves are wonderful. I'd recommend that you try to get your hands on at least one of them. They can easily be seen as children's books, but I'd say they're for everyone. There's enough depth for everyone to go around.

You are welcome to snare the fat gray squirrels that dig holes in my garden to hide the peanuts that the old Italian lady across the street insists on leaving out for them. If I showed you the flowers and vegetables whose growth they would have disturbed, would it salve your pricked conscience enough?
    Hmm, well, there're no gray squirrels around, so I wouldn't have to worry about standing face to face with their kin, and I've got the sort of uncanny ability to completely shut out my emotions at will if the situation calls for it...

I'm not quite sure about my own ability to prepare the skin after the deed, however. It's no fun if your new, spiffy fur hat goes rankid after all. And I'd have to put some time between the acquisitition of the fur and the making of the hat, and probably spend the whole creation process listening to good, cheery music as well in order to not associate the final product with feelings of sadness and guilt...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-13 at 04:04 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

That was almost painful to read.
    I can think of nothing to say that doesn't start with "That was painful."

Last night it went to -21 C.

Ah, that weather sounds so nice...

Also, that sounds hilarious and I demand the story.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #348

I, on the other hand, delight in that you weren't.
    (Sounds like quite a story, care to tell?)
    Teddy/Kneeeeeeeen!!

Or, perhaps, Kneddy!

Yes, I know the proper ship is OmKneen, but it's still fun to do with individuals.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-13 at 04:24 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Teddy/Kneeeeeeeen!!

Or, perhaps, Kneddy!
    No, no, no. A portmanteau of their names is almost impossible. Teddy's name is too short.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

We have a new refrigerator today. Also, I now know what carpet cleaner smells like
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-11-13 at 04:26 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    No, no, no. A portmanteau of their names is almost impossible. Teddy's name is too short.
    But but but... I already portmanteaued it.

Also, did you quote me before I edited in the whitetext on that post? If so, you move faaaaaaaaast.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

But but but... I already portmanteaued it.

Also, did you quote me before I edited in the whitetext on that post? If so, you move faaaaaaaaast.
    TOO BAD!!!

Wait, you edited your post?

...Hrm, you did.

"It's like Amidus is watching the thread, faithfully refreshing every few seconds..."
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-13 at 04:36 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Teddynibble? =D

24. - Top - End - #354

TOO BAD!!!

Wait, you edited your post?

...Hrm, you did.

"It's like Amidus is watching the thread, faithfully refreshing every few seconds..."
    It would have to be every few seconds; if you look at the times you'll see that I edited it within a minute of posting. But yeah, it's not like I've never done the whole "refresh after mere seconds even though no one has likely posted yet" thing.

EDIT: I just now realized that that strange red pony was HalfTan. I was confuzzed!
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-13 at 04:39 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

It would have to be every few seconds; if you look at the times you'll see that I edited it within a minute of posting. But yeah, it's not like I've never done the whole "refresh after mere seconds even though no one has likely posted yet" thing.
    Heh, I don't actually do that... (well, not too often ). I must have just gotten lucky whenever I got back to my CP. You probably finished editing it before I finished posting, then.

Edit: Yeah, you got your edit in before I finished posting.

Well, they don't call me "Quick Amidus" for nothing. In fact, they don't call me that at all!
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-13 at 04:43 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #356

Heh, I don't actually do that... (well, not too often ). I must have just gotten lucky whenever I got back to my CP. You probably finished editing it before I finished posting, then.

Edit: Yeah, you got your edit in before I finished posting.

Well, they don't call me "Quick Amidus" for nothing. In fact, they don't call me that at all!
    I only don't call you that because I prefer "Speedasaurus Drex."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

I only don't call you that because I prefer "Speedasaurus Drex."
    I hope that isn't the only reason you don't call me that.

Yours has a much better ring to it, anyways.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #358

I hope that isn't the only reason you don't call me that.

Yours has a much better ring to it, anyways.
    You do realize I'm calling you "Speedasaurus Drex" from now on, right?

You had to go and encourage me...
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-13 at 05:00 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

You do realize I'm calling you "Speedasaurus Drex" from now on, right?

You had to go and encourage me...
    Oh, dear.

@Amidus - Look what you done. Just look at it.

ION: Okay, so for an application that I have to fill out, it asks if the applicant is deceased. Not kidding.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-13 at 06:12 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

ION: Okay, so for an application that I have to fill out, it asks if the applicant is deceased. Not kidding.
    Of course they want to know whether you're deceased or not- you realise they don't have to pay zombies as much- or give them breaks...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.