New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    No, no, no. A portmanteau of their names is almost impossible. Teddy's name is too short.
    See, Moonie, this is what you should have done to avoid getting shipped: get yourself an unportmanteauable name. Any eventual shippers get stuck on the phonetics and then they forget why they were doing it in the first case.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

I got literally less than three hours of sleep in the last night (morning), but I think I did okay on the test, even if I completely forgot the research question that I myself had written. Within 10 hours of devising it.

Anyway, I'm good, and we have guests over for dinner tonight and homework isn't being a demanding bitch. Also, CONFERENCES! My favorite time of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Moony, I bet even the state you are now, you're still better at math then I am.
    I actually had the big math test today, which I forgot aobut. I not only probably got everything righ,t but I pointed out all the errors the test makers had made.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    See, Moonie, this is what you should have done to avoid getting shipped: get yourself an unportmanteauable name. Any eventual shippers get stuck on the phonetics and then they forget why they were doing it in the first case.
    How was I supposed to know I'd be turning into Moonphrodite the second I set foot in the thread? I just wanted a nice name!

ION: MOONY GOT A HAIRCUT! A DRASTIC HAIRCUT! MOONY'S HAIR NOW IS AT A BOB ALONG HER JAWLINE WHEN IT PREVIOUSLY REACHED THE SMALL OF HER BACK.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    How was I supposed to know I'd be turning into Moonphrodite the second I set foot in the thread? I just wanted a nice name!
    It's mostly the reactions, really. Plus Mutes totes has a kismesissitude or something going on with you. I never really could keep that stuff straight back when I was up to date on homestuck.

ION: MOONY GOT A HAIRCUT! A DRASTIC HAIRCUT! MOONY'S HAIR NOW IS AT A BOB ALONG HER JAWLINE WHEN IT PREVIOUSLY REACHED THE SMALL OF HER BACK.
    Interesting. Why's that?

I must admit, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a blonde with a bob before, so the idea... intrigues me I guess you could say. *wanders off to google*
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It's mostly the reactions, really. Plus Mutes totes has a kismesissitude or something going on with you. I never really could keep that stuff straight back when I was up to date on homestuck.

Interesting. Why's that?

I must admit, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a blonde with a bob before, so the idea... intrigues me I guess you could say. *wanders off to google*
    "Mutes totes has a mismeissitude".

What? You're almost as incomprehensible as Mutant. What are you saying? And how is being up to date of Homestuck related?

'Cause I wanted a haircut, and I asked for a bob, and I got an epic short bob.

Weeel, my hair is hardly blonde at the moment. Combined lack of sunlight plus various dyes I've used currently has my hair at a dirty blonde that could be mistaken for light brown in bad light.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Your poor health lately stimulates my maternal instincts. Are you alright? May I do anything for you this day?

This is a portrait of the budgie agent in your area. Please watch for him to check in on you. He will carry a pink sweetpea so you know he is not an imposter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel much better now, just a bit tired. Additionally, my wisdom tooth no longer pains me. Things are looking up.
    Except on the employment scene. My cousin works two jobs and is studying to be a nurse. She is so competent and accomplished it's depressing.

He needs a codename... Hmm... Archangel?
    I think I watch too much Poirot...

Agreed. Do you think the rumoured $5 coin will actually happen? I think it would be swell, even though I would miss the handsome Mr. Laurier.
    Our mint here in Australia produces those for collectors, legal tender and everything.
    They are certainly fancy if impractical.

Aww, thanks. I hope so, anyways! I would bring a gift for the household and help with the washing up.
    That is so kind. Though I am sure your visit would be a more than suitable gift.

Ah... yes. Such a dwelling would fare poorly on the Prairies. I should also like to say that I love the name whirlybird. I didn't know it was called that.
    Well, that's what I've always been told they're called.
    Though it is rather curious... The only thing they share in common with birds is that they both sit on roofs...

I had not heard that part of the myth before! but I like it. It works not only as a visual metaphor, but also: snow has the marvelous effect of dampening sound considerably, so that after it has fallen thickly it casts a sensible hush even near a busy street. It is definitely like a soft white blanket to help the world rest.

Last night it went to -21 C.

Which found me outside for a film shoot, dancing around a fire wearing only a faux fur loincloth. I wish I was joking.
    It was probably added as an afterthought. But yes, it is a lovely idea.
    I would send you some of our sunlight to keep your house warm through the night, but the postal service won't let me send any...

And that is a very unusual thing to be doing...

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    We have a new refrigerator today. Also, I now know what carpet cleaner smells like
    Hmm... I have no idea what carpet cleaner smells like. I think it may have to do with the fact that I've never had carpet. Polished hardwood floors are great.
    They need to be sanded and polished again one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    EDIT: I just now realized that that strange red pony was HalfTan. I was confuzzed!
    He is a ninja. A very confusing ninja.

ION: Okay, so for an application that I have to fill out, it asks if the applicant is deceased. Not kidding.
    Well... If its a form the applicant has to fill out themselves, then wouldn't they not worry about that?
    Either that, or it's to stop liches from claiming old age pensions...

I actually had the big math test today, which I forgot aobut. I not only probably got everything righ,t but I pointed out all the errors the test makers had made.
    That's the spirit!

Partial translation: Mutant totally has a...
    The rest of the text is indecipherable.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #366

I got literally less than three hours of sleep in the last night (morning), but I think I did okay on the test, even if I completely forgot the research question that I myself had written. Within 10 hours of devising it.

Anyway, I'm good, and we have guests over for dinner tonight and homework isn't being a demanding bitch. Also, CONFERENCES! My favorite time of the year!

Wow, even with little sleep you were still able to do it? Nice one!

Yay no homework, boo guests (unless they're cool guests).

Glad to see you did great on your math test. Much better then I could do

Oh man, Moony's a Bobcat now

7. - Top - End - #367

Wow, even with little sleep you were still able to do it? Nice one!

Yay no homework, boo guests (unless they're cool guests).

Glad to see you did great on your math test. Much better then I could do

Oh man, Moony's a Bobcat now
    Yeah. I'm that awesome. Sometimes I wonder what I'd be capable of doing if I actually spent more than a day on anything. Then I realize that I'd probably suck at anything that I tried to apply myself to. With the exception of mummies. Those things I can never get tired of.

They're awesome guests. I might have gotten an F in social interactions and development in elementary school, but I love people visiting the house. And I do have homework, it's just, I can get it all done rapidly.

I did AWESOMELY!

Ooooowwwwwww. Didn't even think of that.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

NecromancerGuy

"Mutes totes has a mismeissitude".

What? You're almost as incomprehensible as Mutant. What are you saying? And how is being up to date of Homestuck related?

'Cause I wanted a haircut, and I asked for a bob, and I got an epic short bob.

Weeel, my hair is hardly blonde at the moment. Combined lack of sunlight plus various dyes I've used currently has my hair at a dirty blonde that could be mistaken for light brown in bad light.
    I'll let the wiki explain as it'll be more concise and have better pacing.

Well, that answers that. Probably a better look for you anyway, but I might be biased in favor of things as long as they're moving away from platinum blonde.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #369

Yeah. I'm that awesome. Sometimes I wonder what I'd be capable of doing if I actually spent more than a day on anything. Then I realize that I'd probably suck at anything that I tried to apply myself to. With the exception of mummies. Those things I can never get tired of.

They're awesome guests. I might have gotten an F in social interactions and development in elementary school, but I love people visiting the house. And I do have homework, it's just, I can get it all done rapidly.

I did AWESOMELY!

Ooooowwwwwww. Didn't even think of that.
    Sounds awesome! And fun!

I'm the winner

10. - Top - End - #370

I'll let the wiki explain as it'll be more concise and have better pacing.

Well, that answers that. Probably a better look for you anyway, but I might be biased in favor of things as long as they're moving away from platinum blonde.
    So... Mutant is in a Foe Yay relationship with someone? That is basically all I can get form this sentence, and in that case, I don't even know why you were telling me.

Aw, you don't like platinum blonde?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371

NecromancerGuy

So... Mutant is in a Foe Yay relationship with someone? That is basically all I can get form this sentence, and in that case, I don't even know why you were telling me.
    And by someone I mean MoonCat.

Aw, you don't like platinum blonde?
    Indeed, don't quite know why exactly.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Math homework sucks anyways. Teachers usually never even check if the answers are RIGHT, they just look to see if it looks like math.
    Math is funtastic. It is fundamentally flawed teaching methods which suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    That's exactly what my Math professor did. I think it's kinda expected, actually. Only she would go through a couple of the problems in class, and only afterwards hand out her answer sheets, after we'd already (theoretically) attempted them.
    That's what my math professors do as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    The shippers would have found a way; they managed to ship Nyarlahotep, they will ship whatever you throw at them.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-13 at 08:58 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting. Why's that?

... WHy is Moonie so unable to digest basic fake-english? You just look at the syllables and find the words. See, this "kismesissitude " is a "kis me issitude", or a "kiss me sissitude", or a "Coidzor is eihter calling me a sissy or put in a 'iss' instead of just -itude (as in attitude) because he is mean.

Yeah, I agree on the platinum blonde thing. Too white and weird. And short hair... I just dont like. Worse on women though, and they have a longer minimum. *Chauvinist man?*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats on the math! (I mean, I would've said good luck, but I'm a little late for that...) A good math test is always fun.

*Reads that again*

Amidus, you need sleep.

Hey, I haven't said anything. Not that I know of anyways.

Haircut? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    The shippers would have found a way; they managed to ship Nyarlahotep, they will ship whatever you throw at them.
    Yes, but that has lots of syllables. You can practically stick your portmanteau anywhere in Nyarlahotep and have a useable word.

Yeah, I agree on the platinum blonde thing. Too white and weird. And short hair... I just dont like. Worse on women though, and they have a longer minimum. *Chauvinist man?*
    Hey, I know some good-looking chicks with short hair. Don't knock it.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-13 at 09:06 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #375

We're not even foes in the first place!

Eh. I think it works if it's a natural platinum, but yeah, it gets overused and can look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Math is funtastic. It is fundamentally flawed teaching methods which suck.
    That's what my math professors do as well.
    You sound like my brother. He made it his senior project to do "something regarding the way in which math is educated in public schools", but he forbid us from seeing anything or going to the presentation. We were informed he did very well, but that's all I know.

We have a forumer called Nyarlahotep?

... WHy is Moonie so unable to digest basic fake-english? You just look at the syllables and find the words. See, this "kismesissitude " is a "kis me issitude", or a "kiss me sissitude", or a "Coidzor is eihter calling me a sissy or put in a 'iss' instead of just -itude (as in attitude) because he is mean.

The individual words aren't a problem, it's just when strung together they make absolutely no sense. And seriously dud,e are you doing that on purpose? It's really ridiculous.

What the heck's a longer minimum?

Congrats on the math! (I mean, I would've said good luck, but I'm a little late for that...) A good math test is always fun.

*Reads that again*

Amidus, you need sleep.

Haircut? What's that?

Hey, I know some good-looking chicks with short hair. Don't knock it.
    Why d'ya need sleep?

Pssh. I once went five years without a haircut after I accidentally shrunk my hair/turned it into a blonde green afro.

Yeah! Like me! (Just kidding, it's not that short and I doubt it looks good. But I know plenty of girls who look totally epic with short hair. I always wanted it myself, but with my facial structure, it just looks stupid to have a real short cut.)
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, I was amused when I first figured that one out too. Haven't gotten to use that line on anyone yet though.

It's really quite random, I must admit.

I like all lengths of hair that afford a good grip and don't impede normal functioning. So basically regular pixie cut to down to the butt.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-13 at 09:14 PM.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Why d'ya need sleep?

Pssh. I once went five years without a haircut after I accidentally shrunk my hair/turned it into a blonde green afro.

Yeah! Like me! (Just kidding, it's not that short and I doubt it looks good. But I know plenty of girls who look totally epic with short hair. I always wanted it myself, but with my facial structure, it just looks stupid to have a real short cut.)
    Not that I know of, although that doesn't rule it out. Nyarlahotep is one of the "gods" in the Cthulhu Mythos (specifically, he is the gods' messenger, IIRC. Also, the bringer of chaos or something)

I did a double-take after I typed "a good math test is fun."
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #378

I've never had fun with math, which is apparently a really sad thing.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

You sound like my brother. He made it his senior project to do "something regarding the way in which math is educated in public schools", but he forbid us from seeing anything or going to the presentation. We were informed he did very well, but that's all I know.

Oh, in no way do I do information project other than getting excited at general recreation mathematics. I DO profit from the flaws of the system as a private tutor for high school girls from humanities centred schools.

And well, enjoyed doing the chemistry demonstrations for freshmen while in high school and hopefully will get to become lab assistant when I get to faculty. I do prefer chemistry for general knowledge of public, much more fun and explosive.

And no, I am referring to the Lovecraftian entity also known as Nyaruko-chan.
    Not that I know of, although that doesn't rule it out. Nyarlahotep is one of the "gods" in the Cthulhu Mythos (specifically, he is the gods' messenger, IIRC. Also, the bringer of chaos or something)
    He is one of the Outer Gods, the Crawling Chaos; and the only one to even try to reach towards humans rather than just make them insane.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-13 at 09:32 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

20. - Top - End - #380

NecromancerGuy

Indeed. Taught wrong, mostly. Taught by the wrong people too, to hear the illuminati talk it.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground

I only enjoy math in retrospect; whenever I take a math course, I hate it, but then helping friends with it a couple years later is all sorts of fun!

But that's probably just because I'm a terrible person.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-13 at 09:46 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #383

I only enjoy math in retrospect; whenever I take a math course, I hate it, but then helping friends with it a couple years later is all sorts of fun!

But that's probably just because I'm a terrible person.
    No, from my expierance only good people like math.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

That can't be right. I like math.
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #385

Are you kidding me? The worst person I ever met LOVED math.

Yes, and if we were to ship him with you we'd call it NyarCat. But Teddy is much harder to portmanteau with you.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-13 at 09:49 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, and if we were to ship him with you we'd call it NyarCat. But Teddy is much harder to portmanteau with you.
    Actually, you could make it NyanCat without having to re-arrange any letters.
    A few odds and ends.

27. - Top - End - #387

I swear that's what I meant to type... stupid typos. And of course, Speedasaurus Drex got to the typo before I did.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    No.
    Hehehe.

I swear that's what I meant to type... stupid typos. And of course, Speedasaurus Drex got to the typo before I did.
    That's going to stick, isn't it?
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-13 at 09:54 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Not true.
    See, that's me there.

Math is independent of evilness.