New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Mooncat and nerdguy
    sitting in a tree
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Yes I'm childish. How so?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yha, they're mostly just making jokes Moony

Also, I'm going to see Wreck it Ralph todaaaaay . After shoveling
    Mostly. Kinda.

OH OH SEE IT WIF MEEEEEEE I WANNA SEE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    And then they're all like "let's forget Hitler for a day, so we can FIGHT DALEKS IN SPACE ON MODIFIED AIRPLANEY THINGS WEARING 1940's FLIGHT GEAR!"

I like them both equally, and I can assure you, First doesn't like me.

???

NOT DATE

Yeah, but not that way.
    HELLS TO THE YES. Then there was something about the pre-Daleks going back in time more to take over the time before the time of before them.?

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DONT WANNA SEEZ IT.

IT IZ CUZ ITS ON THE CALANDER.

probably maybe.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

In that case, does anyone know why he's actually acting miffed about it? I'm curious now.

YOU HAS SNOO???!?!?!?!
    SNOO-SNOO?

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Castaras provided a much more... disturbing translation. Which is impossible, by the way. Nobody likes me, Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, in high school
    Nobody likes me. The world sucks. I hope I get shot
    ... Oh GOD! IS THAT WHAT I SOUNDED LIKE?!

... Yeah, that's a dumb reason because even if you were completely unlikeable (which is not the case) ugly as sin (doubt it) and were a raving, murderous lunatic (... Maybe) attraction is never logical.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-11-17 at 03:01 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not likely. He spends most of his time insulting me about every possible aspect, doesn't talk to me much, and if he did, why wouldn't I know about it?
    Well, although I'm not exactly privy to the details of your friends' psychology or your interactions...

because space ponies? I don't know. You can always ask him if you're really want to know.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    ("scientists don't see the beauty in anything")
    Who says that? All of the scientists I've known, who, granted, have mostly been professors of the sciences rather than full-time researcher-types aside from my ex-future-father-in-law who was more researcher than professor but even then wasn't a full-researcher between administration and mentoring, have both had to have had great senses of humor and have seen beauty in things that would disgust most pedestrian aestheticians.

It's not the like two aren't friends. (Well, sort of, they know eachother well and get along fine, but they have their own things they do seperately more of the time.)
    Could be bad blood in the past so that he doesn't want to be essentially alone with the boy and you.

He isn't a 'special' friend.
    The implication is that he wants to be.

I honestly do not see where the heck you got that conclusion from.
    Well, you listen to enough love-sick drama and you get a feel for the common signs, so that's one possibility.

Alright, shipping, so you all are joking then?
    No, they're teasing you about the observation that the most likely explanation given the parameters you've given to us is that he has a torch for you.

Not likely. He spends most of his time insulting me about every possible aspect, doesn't talk to me much, and if he did, why wouldn't I know about it?
    Sounds like it could be an emotionally immature boy with a crush, yeah.

No bad blood that I know of, they get along fine.

And makes positively no sense.

Why would the gender ratio matter in a casual ****ing awesome Doctor Who marathon?

Whatever it is, I can rule out the second, don't really have evidence for the first, and I'm not sure I fully understand the third.
    When there's boys and feels, there's no such thing as a casual Doctor Who Marathon. Especially if it's not involving a small group and instead is like, a pair of people with a third wheel.

Yes, Castaras provided a much more... disturbing translation. Which is impossible, by the way. Nobody likes me, Not gonna happen.
    Well, I suppose you can put your fears to rest about not being normal enough, then. That's pretty much the ur-example of normal teenage girl statements.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-17 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Who says that?
    People who don't know any better, or were quoting someone else.

I fit into the latter category, alongside the guy who writes xkcd.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-11-17 at 04:08 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #578

Finished shoveling.

I'm no longer a human I am an icicle. I can't feel my feels any more.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    In all seriousness, he probably just doesn't want to watch it with anyone but you. I can understand the feeling of "I wanna hang out, with just you" as a thing. Doesn't have to be crush related or anything, just sometimes you wanna have some alone time with your friends.

I've had snow for like, two months at this point.
    You said friends plural, and he and other dude are friends.

You lucky, lucky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    HELLS TO THE YES. Then there was something about the pre-Daleks going back in time more to take over the time before the time of before them.?

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DONT WANNA SEEZ IT.

IT IZ CUZ ITS ON THE CALANDER.

probably maybe.
    No?

I'm not even talking to you unless you start using at least semi-proper sentence structure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    SNOO-SNOO?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ... Oh GOD! IS THAT WHAT I SOUNDED LIKE?!

... Yeah, that's a dumb reason because even if you were completely unlikeable (which is not the case) ugly as sin (doubt it) and were a raving, murderous lunatic (... Maybe) attraction is never logical.
    I am neither suicidal nor misanthropic. I am merely stating that there is no one who has a crush on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Well, although I'm not exactly privy to the details of your friends' psychology or your interactions...

because space ponies? I don't know. You can always ask him if you're really want to know.
    I wasn't even thinking about it until y'all started saying so. I wouldn't be interested in him if he did, and I'm not interested in ruining a friendship because of the unlikely guesses of my forumites.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Could be bad blood in the past so that he doesn't want to be essentially alone with the boy and you.

The implication is that he wants to be.

Well, you listen to enough love-sick drama and you get a feel for the common signs, so that's one possibility.

No, they're teasing you about the observation that the most likely explanation given the parameters you've given to us is that he has a torch for you.

Sounds like it could be an emotionally immature boy with a crush, yeah.

When there's boys and feels, there's no such thing as a casual Doctor Who Marathon. Especially if it's not involving a small group and instead is like, a pair of people with a third wheel.

Well, I suppose you can put your fears to rest about not being normal enough, then. That's pretty much the ur-example of normal teenage girl statements.
    There isn't.

He doesn't, really.

The only drama has been the reaction from you guys.

I really don't see where that's coming from.

Except, there's no feels.

I am not ****ing angsting about it like every other moronic teenage girl out there who only cares about boys, I'm stating a ****ing objective fact!

(That, for the record, is for everyone who seems to be under that impression, I'm not blowing up at you Coid.)
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

I am neither suicidal nor misanthropic. I am merely stating that there is no one who has a crush on me.
    No you said noone likes you. You then erroneously assumed everyone knew you meant noone had a crush on you. There's a difference.

There isn't.
    Okay.

He doesn't, really.
    How do you know?

I am not ****ing angsting about it like every other moronic teenage girl out there who only cares about boys, I'm stating a ****ing objective fact!
    (See my first response in this post)
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #581

(so many things)
    Except if person A has a crush on person B then 90% of the time Person B won't know about it. Heck, for a few months during my junior year of high school, I was on both ends of that at the same time - with the same person. You can't just say that nobody has a crush on you, because you wouldn't necessarily know until they said something. I'm not saying that's what's going on in this particular situation, (although it does sound like something I would have passive-aggressively done in high school) but you shouldn't discount the possibility entirely.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

12. - Top - End - #582

No you said noone likes you. You then erroneously assumed everyone knew you meant noone had a crush on you. There's a difference.
    Anyone would be able to tell by context, and the person I was responding to was the one who has used the term 'likes' in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Except if person A has a crush on person B then 90% of the time Person B won't know about it. Heck, for a few months during my junior year of high school, I was on both ends of that at the same time - with the same person. You can't just say that nobody has a crush on you, because you wouldn't necessarily know until they said something. I'm not saying that's what's going on in this particular situation, (although it does sound like something I would have passive-aggressively done in high school) but you shouldn't discount the possibility entirely.
    Mm. Fine. But in this case, I'm sure, he doesn't.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-17 at 05:20 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583

You said friends plural, and he and other dude are friends.

You lucky, lucky bastard.

What?
    Aaah.

I'm not lucky I had to shovel like two hours again and I'm still cold

Snoosnoo is a Futurama reference, I'll explain it it later.

And don't worry Moony. I like you

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

That's not what you said. You said, 'nobody likes me'. You have repeatedly said similar things in this thread and displayed an inferiority complex that frankly scares the hell out of me.

I am not ****ing angsting about it like every other moronic teenage girl out there who only cares about boys,
    There's a lot of steps in between 'my world is dominated by dating' and 'nobody likes me', ya know

I'm stating a ****ing objective fact!
    No, you're not.

You're REALLY not.

You're repeating a statement that has no basis in objectivity as a definite, concrete fact with absolutely no supporting evidence whatsoever. What little I know of you suggests that it could indeed be possible. I honestly have absolutely NO IDEA why it would be utterly impossible for anyone out there to have a crush on you. Why? Because A) you haven't actually given a reason why no one would have a crush on you other than your personal belief (which isn't an objective fact) and B) crushing is stupid. It has no basis in good sense or objective fact. Therefore it is impossible that you could definitively proove that no one could have a crush on you.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Nobody likes me, Not gonna happen.
    That's it, I'm jumping on the plane and come over to you just to give you a good smack on the head.
    Right, I don't have a plane. Need to get rich and successful first...

And oh, love (as the topic being discussed), how clueless I am toward you. I know a multitude of languages: C, Java, MIPS, SML, and even some of this weird and seldom used unsyntactic hodgepodge called "human language", but love is not one of them them, no.
    I should just go back to programming games, should I not?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586

That's not what you said. You said, 'nobody likes me'. You have repeatedly said similar things in this thread and displayed an inferiority complex that frankly scares the hell out of me.

There's a lot of steps in between 'my world is dominated by dating' and 'nobody likes me', ya know

No, you're not.

You're REALLY not.

You're repeating a statement that has no basis in objectivity as a definite, concrete fact with absolutely no supporting evidence whatsoever. What little I know of you suggests that it could indeed be possible. I honestly have absolutely NO IDEA why it would be utterly impossible for anyone out there to have a crush on you. Why? Because A) you haven't actually given a reason why no one would have a crush on you other than your personal belief (which isn't an objective fact) and B) crushing is stupid. It has no basis in good sense or objective fact. Therefore it is impossible that you could definitively proove that no one could have a crush on you.
    You were the one who I was responding to, and you were using the term 'likes' in the 'crushing' aspect. You didn't see me telling you 'oh, of course he likes me, I'm just adamant he doesn't have a crush on me because that's true'. No, I responded using the same word choice, which you are now correcting.
    Any inferiority issues I might have have absolutely nothing to do with me simply using your own language choices when answering you.

I was compared to a typical teenage girl. Based on my exposure to them, as far as I can see, their life is dominated by dating. It's quite appalling.

Nobody does, and I'm not giving my reasons, because they are private!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

You were the one who I was responding to, and you were using the term 'likes' in the 'crushing' aspect. You didn't see me telling you 'oh, of course he likes me, I'm just adamant he doesn't have a crush on me because that's true'. No, I responded using the same word choice, which you are now correcting.
    ... Okay, fine, that's my bad. But my point still stands. IE, saying 'no one can possibly have a crush on me' is dumb.

Any inferiority issues I might have have absolutely nothing to do with me simply using your own language choices when answering you.
    No, but it does scare the hell out of me that you're this utterly convinced no one could like you, in part because both here and in earlier bits on similar subjects, you've echoed a lot of things I've said before in my life (admittedly i'm not sure why i included the frequent suicidal thoughts i've had >.>) Except you're a nice person and you clearly have an active social life, so I don't see any reason at all it would be impossible.

I was compared to a typical teenage girl. Based on my exposure to them, as far as I can see, their life is dominated by dating. It's quite appalling.
    Ugh, tell me about it That was the age where somebody actually waited BEHIND A SHOWER CURTAIN to see me take a ****, and somebody else I hadn't seen or spoken to in years told me "I want you"

*shudder*

...Teenagers are apalling no matter what they obsess over.

Nobody does, and I'm not giving my reasons, because they are private!
    Which you're perfectly entitled to do. The problem is that you said you were stating an objective fact.

Which you weren't.

At all.

And not even trying to.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-11-17 at 06:06 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #588
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Seriously, how can the LunaFeline be so clueless? The fact that the two are friends adds even more credibility to the theory. He likes you, he wants to spend more time with you, he doesn't want to spend that time with people other than you, he is afraid to say it, possibly because he "knows" you don't like him (and asking to invite the other friend not only ruins that time, but helps to confirm that in his mind).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #589

... Okay, fine, that's my bad. But my point still stands. IE, saying 'no one can possibly have a crush on me' is dumb.

No, but it does scare the hell out of me that you're this utterly convinced no one could like you, in part because both here and in earlier bits on similar subjects, you've echoed a lot of things I've said before in my life (admittedly i'm not sure why i included the frequent suicidal thoughts i've had >.>) Except you're a nice person and you clearly have an active social life, so I don't see any reason at all it would be impossible.

Ugh, tell me about it That was the age where somebody actually waited BEHIND A SHOWER CURTAIN to see me take a ****, and somebody else I hadn't seen or spoken to in years told me "I want you"

*shudder*

...Teenagers are apalling no matter what they obsess over.

Which you're perfectly entitled to do. The problem is that you said you were stating an objective fact.

Which you weren't.

At all.

And not even trying to.
    It isn't!

It just is, for various reasons.

... WHAT THE FU-?

Fine. Not an objective fact. I concede. But I'm still insisting that no one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Seriously, how can the LunaFeline be so clueless? The fact that the two are friends adds even more credibility to the theory. He likes you, he wants to spend more time with you, he doesn't want to spend that time with people other than you, he is afraid to say it, possibly because he "knows" you don't like him (and asking to invite the other friend not only ruins that time, but helps to confirm that in his mind).
    He doesn't like me. I don't like the other one. Or him.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-17 at 06:29 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as your aware he's acting much like I did shortly before asking out my now-girlfriend

21. - Top - End - #591

I never said that you liked the other one, or him. The only relevant point is that you cannot know what he's thinking, and it's highly likely that he wants to spend more time with you - despite your vehement but totally illogical denials.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Hippocampi are mer-ponies, right?

Just double-checking my knowledge of mythology.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

It isn't!
    YES IT IS.

It just is, for various reasons.
    A ha ha ha ha. No. No it's not.

... WHAT THE FU-?
    You see now why I have no social life.

Fine. Not an objective fact. I concede. But I'm still insisting that no one does.
    Thank you.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

You realise that you have very little information to go on when stating something like this, right? It's a possible interpretation, sure, but for a situation that only has been described in less than a hundred words, I wouldn't say we know enough yet to speak of it as a fact.

Given, I have no experience on the subject to start with, but since we only have one person who knows this situation intimately, I'm going to go by her words until more facts are on the table.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    As long as your aware he's acting much like I did shortly before asking out my now-girlfriend
    You insulted her repeatedly and never spoke to her otherwise?

I never said that you liked the other one, or him. The only relevant point is that you cannot know what he's thinking, and it's highly likely that he wants to spend more time with you - despite your vehement but totally illogical denials.
    Yeah, I was just stating that because the last thing I want is another shipping movement, and the optimist in my brain thinks that denying everything will stop 'em. And how are my denials illogical? (Not the ones about shipping, the ones about him.)

Well, let's see...

mer, meaning sea-based, that's originally latin, but you'll see it everywhere, pony, meaning young horse, that goes up through French, but it also Latin, although it originally didn't just refer to horses. Yes. Although mer-horses is better.

Where does mythology come in, that name is basic etymology? Also, if you got the name mer-ponies from looking at the image, and the images were derived from the wikipedia page about Hippocampi, then, not only is it safe to say they are equals, but that you already knew that.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    That's it, I'm jumping on the plane and come over to you just to give you a good smack on the head.
    Right, I don't have a plane. Need to get rich and successful first...

And oh, love (as the topic being discussed), how clueless I am toward you. I know a multitude of languages: C, Java, MIPS, SML, and even some of this weird and seldom used unsyntactic hodgepodge called "human language", but love is not one of them them, no.
    I should just go back to programming games, should I not?
    There was actually a rather surreal game called "Love" released not long ago. Or it might still be in alpha. Not sure.

The organic form of love is an infinitely more complex and tricksy beast.

27. - Top - End - #597

I wasn't even thinking about it until y'all started saying so. I wouldn't be interested in him if he did, and I'm not interested in ruining a friendship because of the unlikely guesses of my forumites.
    Hey, you asked for a possible explanation. It's up to you whether to do anything with that. It's fine by me if you ignore the matter entirely.

28. - Top - End - #598

You realise that you have very little information to go on when stating something like this, right? It's a possible interpretation, sure, but for a situation that only has been described in less than a hundred words, I wouldn't say we know enough yet to speak of it as a fact.

Given, I have no experience on the subject to start with, but since we only have one person who knows this situation intimately, I'm going to go by her words until more facts are on the table.
    I'm not stating that this is fact, and I have been very clear on that. I'm stating that this is highly likely based on the information we have been given.

You insulted her repeatedly and never spoke to her otherwise?
    Things were so much simpler when you could just punch the person you liked in the shoulder while you were in the playground, then run away.

29. - Top - End - #599

YES IT IS.

A ha ha ha ha. No. No it's not.

You see now why I have no social life.

Thank you.
    NO IT ISN'T.

Yes it is.

And then you imply that I'M the misanthrope.

<grumbles>

THANK YOU
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600

Yes.

Things were so much simpler when you could just punch the person you liked in the shoulder while you were in the playground, then run away.
    Yeah. Although there's still a bit of that - just yesterday I was flirting with someone and she bit me - thrice.

although I'm pretty sure that's just a clear "no".
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-17 at 07:04 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.