New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    And yet, it is my pleasure to jig, and amble, and lisp, and nickname God's creatures.

That is an aesthetic choice, isn't it? Since you yearn for the object itself: the vinyl and the pretense it signifies, and not merely the recording it bears.

Thank you.
    Actually, no, I'm just after the recording. It's vinyl exclusive and the whole "pretentious" thing was just a joke.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Accursed inclement weather.
    We lost power last night, and I don't know how to change the microwave from pounds to kilograms!

Also, I have art that I wanted to finish yesterday, and there's another storm coming. Everything is very damp at the moment...

Still, it gave me an excuse to light candles and read by them.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Accursed inclement weather.
    We lost power last night, and I don't know how to change the microwave from pounds to kilograms!

Also, I have art that I wanted to finish yesterday, and there's another storm coming. Everything is very damp at the moment...

Still, it gave me an excuse to light candles and read by them.
    Quick rule? Half the weight in pounds to get it in kilograms.
    A bit more precise? 0,45.
    Faster? Read the manual.

Aren't there... batteries? Electric Generator? flashlights?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I don't need his stash, I have netflix.
    ...*facepalm*

I'm trying to set it up becuase I wanna watch it with a companion!
    Ooo~ A companion...

Firstly, I didn't ask you guys either
    Could've fooled me.

, and I figured he was miffed becuase he kind of stopped, looked at me, and then repeated "[IA]. You want to invite [IA]." a couple of times. And he looked miffed.
    That's pretty much asking you to ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Nah, I just let her do it. She doesn't have much of a bite force, and I was wearing a thick sweatshirt (she was biting my arm). I asked her today, and apparently she is not rabid, nor is she a zombie, werewolf, or vampire. She pinky swore, so she must have been telling the truth.
    And that's not a sign of affection or bloodlust? Weird.

Have you suggested she invest in a rawhide chew if she has such an oral fixation?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-17 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Quick rule? Half the weight in pounds to get it in kilograms.
    A bit more precise? 0,45.
    Faster? Read the manual.
    I don't need to, I just wanted to get it out of the way so my Mum didn't have to do it when she got home.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Aren't there... batteries? Electric Generator? flashlights?
    Of course we have torches and batteries. No generator though.
    Anyway, I lit the candles to save on batteries. Also, candlelight is nice.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #666
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...*facepalm*

Ooo~ A companion...

Could've fooled me.

That's pretty much asking you to ask him.
    Why are you facepalming? It makes exactly the same amount of sense as watching a film with someone!

Yes. I chose that word on purpose, and when I say companion, I'm not saying he's like Rose or Martha.

I didn't.

Well, I didn't ask him, I just thought he was a bit miffed, put it aside, and then randomly mentioned it to the forum because I lie telling you guys little details and I was talking about Doctor Who.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Why are you facepalming? It makes exactly the same amount of sense as watching a film with someone!

Yes. I chose that word on purpose, and when I say companion, I'm not saying he's like Rose or Martha.

I didn't.

Well, I didn't ask him, I just thought he was a bit miffed, put it aside, and then randomly mentioned it to the forum because I lie telling you guys little details and I was talking about Doctor Who.
    Well, you don't constantly yell, you weren't turned into a Dalek, and you aren't already married, so what OTHER companion would you be?

Why yes, I AM excluding Classic Who solely because I've never watched it. Why do you ask?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #668

NecromancerGuy

Why are you facepalming?
    Because I already pointed out that you had access as a matter of course and then you take an adversarial tone and then act like you're disagreeing with me when your words show that you agree with this statement that I made as if you didn't understand what I had said in the first place.

Well, he's male, so that leaves... That one Pond guy, Captain Jack, and a chemistry teacher as I recall.

Well, maybe you should follow up on more social cues in the future then.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #669

SO MANY POSTS.

The movie was good. I'm hungry.

10. - Top - End - #670

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    SO MANY POSTS.

The movie was good. I'm hungry.
    And that's why dinner and a movie go together like a tired old phrase.

Glad you enjoyed the movie.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

I too have been gone for the past while, but for less glamorous a reason than video-game-reference the movie. I spent the past four hours listening to Phineas and Ferb songs. I ALMOST feel like i wasted this evening.

Like a tired old phrase... Heh.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-18 at 12:14 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I too have been gone for the past while, but for less glamorous a reason than video-game-reference the movie. I spent the past four hours listening to Phineas and Ferb songs. I ALMOST feel like i wasted this evening.

Phineas and Ferb........ Along with Tron Uprising and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, those were good Disney shows. And may I add: The only good shows Disney has to offer.....

13. - Top - End - #673

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Phineas and Ferb........ Along with Tron Uprising and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, those were good Disney shows. And may I add: The only good shows Disney has to offer.....
    Gravity Falls.

14. - Top - End - #674

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Well, you don't constantly yell, you weren't turned into a Dalek, and you aren't already married, so what OTHER companion would you be?

Why yes, I AM excluding Classic Who solely because I've never watched it. Why do you ask?
    I was just saying companion and making a point that he wasn't the sort of companion who fell in love with the Doctor. Because there are way too many of those.

Also, I wasn't referring to myself.

Because I already pointed out that you had access as a matter of course and then you take an adversarial tone and then act like you're disagreeing with me when your words show that you agree with this statement that I made as if you didn't understand what I had said in the first place.

Well, he's male, so that leaves... That one Pond guy, Captain Jack, and a chemistry teacher as I recall.

Well, maybe you should follow up on more social cues in the future then.
    Crap. Misread that. I didn't understand. So what do you mean?

Abstract companion. See the point I made to HT.

That is something to remember for the future.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Why not watch whole episodes? Seriously, it's the only children's show I like.

ONLY.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-11-18 at 12:38 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Why not watch whole episodes? Seriously, it's the only children's show I like.

ONLY.
    What about the classic Looney Tunes?

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

What about the classic Looney Tunes?
    I'm ambivalent. I'm also unsure if it's exactly a childrens' show (it's pretty violent)...
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

I'm ambivalent. I'm also unsure if it's exactly a childrens' show (it's pretty violent)...
    .... NO. DONT DO IT. DONT TALK TO A PONY ABOUT THE SPECIFICS ABOUT CHILDRENS SHOWS. WHYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy........
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

And what children's show isn't? Well, okay, not all of them are, but a lot are.
    Looney Tunes is no more violent than the Powerpuff Girls.

.... NO. DONT DO IT. DONT TALK TO A PONY ABOUT THE SPECIFICS ABOUT CHILDRENS SHOWS. WHYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy........
    Get a hold of yourself Man! Sheep! Whatever you are!

I wasn't even going to mention My Miniature Equus Ferrus Caballus: Friendship is Clearly Some Form of Forbidden Sorcery.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #680

NecromancerGuy

And what children's show isn't? Well, okay, not all of them are, but a lot are.
    Looney Tunes is no more violent than the Powerpuff Girls.
    You're forgetting that it was a different era and that in this case intent does matter.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite tv show in general is Mythbusters.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Bugbear in the Playground

And that's not a sign of affection or bloodlust? Weird.

Have you suggested she invest in a rawhide chew if she has such an oral fixation?
    Well, it might have been affection. As I said before:

Except if person A has a crush on person B then 90% of the time Person B won't know about it. Heck, for a few months during my junior year of high school, I was on both ends of that at the same time - with the same person.
    so I am bad at both flirting, and at recognizing others' flirting. Painful, bruising, terrier bites could be an expression of attraction that I'm unaware of.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-18 at 02:03 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #683

NecromancerGuy

Well, it might have been affection. As I said before:

so I am bad at both flirting, and at recognizing others' flirting. Painful, bruising, terrier bites could be an expression of attraction that I'm unaware of.
    Generally when one is being savaged by a woman's mouth, one is either quite clearly in some kind of flagrante delecto, being eaten by a zombie, or about to be asking some very serious questions. Call me outlandish.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #684
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

MoonCat, I don't really want to say much more about things, but you do realise that the more you try to say about the situation (i.e. it's not this because of reason), the more it sounds like it very well might be? Each reason you have given so far has only made it sound more plausible, not less.

I'm not pushing for you to give any further answers here, but, away from the forums, you might want to stop and take a good long look at the situation, and consider all things you might have been missing, as well as what you would do if it is the case.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    MoonCat, I don't really want to say much more about things, but you do realise that the more you try to say about the situation (i.e. it's not this because of reason), the more it sounds like it very well might be? Each reason you have given so far has only made it sound more plausible, not less.

I'm not pushing for you to give any further answers here, but, away from the forums, you might want to stop and take a good long look at the situation, and consider all things you might have been missing, as well as what you would do if it is the case.
    Run and scream?

Well, thank you, I'm not going to say that I believe your conclusions, but I appreciate the advice and will keep it in mind in future interactions, and do what you sad about looking. Not that I expect to find anything new.

ION: YOu guys know those moments when you read the most perfect fanfic and your head almost explodes because it's so perfect? I just read like six perfect fanfics in a row, and I'm completely blissed out. WHAT DO I DO?

IOON: NOOO VINCENT VAN GOGH WHYYYY
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686

NecromancerGuy

ION: YOu guys know those moments when you read the most perfect fanfic and your head almost explodes because it's so perfect? I just read like six perfect fanfics in a row, and I'm completely blissed out. WHAT DO I DO?
    No, I don't. I have yet to encounter a perfect piece of fanfiction. The only things I know that cause one to become blissed out generally are followed by smoking, food, drinking, sleeping, or more of what caused one to get blissed out.

And for obvious reasons I can't recommend you smoke or drink. And for other reasons I'd actively recommend against it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-18 at 03:42 AM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #687

Run and scream?

Well, thank you, I'm not going to say that I believe your conclusions, but I appreciate the advice and will keep it in mind in future interactions, and do what you sad about looking. Not that I expect to find anything new.

IOON: NOOO VINCENT VAN GOGH WHYYYY
    Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun. What kind of fanfiction ?

28. - Top - End - #688

No, I don't. I have yet to encounter a perfect piece of fanfiction. The only things I know that cause one to become blissed out generally are followed by smoking, food, drinking, sleeping, or more of what caused one to get blissed out.

And for obvious reasons I can't recommend you smoke or drink. And for other reasons I'd actively recommend against it.
    There is some really good stuff out there if you're willing to wander around links for days.

Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun. What kind of fanfiction ?
    Perfect fanfiction.

ION: Guys, we need to get Mark Gatiss as Aziraphael, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Crowley.

IT WOULD WORK SO MUCH!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689

Perfect fanfiction.

ION: Guys, we need to get Mark Gatiss as Aziraphael, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Crowley.

IT WOULD WORK SO MUCH!
    How is it perfect

No idea what any of that means.

30. - Top - End - #690

How is it perfect

No idea what any of that means.
    BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF IT IS PERFECTION!

Go read Good Omens. I will forgive every other thing you have ever done (not that I can actually think of anything), but if you do not read this book, so help me gods, Bast Halfcrescent will break the fourth wall in a terrible way.

ION: Where's Cobra? He hasn't posted much on RB, has he?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show