New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    That's largely irrelevant, because "Cat" is not the same as "-"

Wait... What?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    So you're SHORTER than Lala's waist?

Huh wha? Who sayed cat wha I CONFUSED AGAN SOMEONE WITH A GRASP OF INGLIS COME SAVE ME.
    <grumbles>I knew that would happen, but I couldn't figure how to word it right.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    You forgot Wilfred Mott! How could you forget Wilfred Mott?!
    WILF! ^.^
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    What?
    Mutant said something about "Moon-" being shorter than LaLa.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-11-18 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Mutant said something about "Moon-" being shorter than LaLa.
    ... They're both four letters. Did you mean the full names?

MoonCat
    LaZodiac

... Short by one letter. Just barely >.>

Stop looking at me like that!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-11-18 at 05:00 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #724
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    You forgot Wilfred Mott! How could you forget Wilfred Mott?!
    ...Who?

...I want apple sauce now.

Oi! I don't come up to LaLa's waist!
    How the heck tall is Lala's waist?

WILF! ^.^
    That's cute and all, but, TMI, love, TMI.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-18 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #725
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I disagree, but I doubt we're going to get any further than this. In the future, could you please just refrain from telling me to start doing things you know I already do, because I don't want any more confusion than I've already had...
    I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you have or haven't started doing, and you gave no indication either way. Plus, it is a very common expression and means no offence. The correct response when someone says that and you have is a simple "yeah, I already have".

Even when it's metaphorical, at least make it clear that it is your perception, and not everyone's. I don't like having subjective ideas being delivered as if they were objective, and especially not when they concern me directly. I can deal with the former, but the latter hurt me personally.
    For that sentence, it does not matter in the slightest what was intended. I was mentioning what did happen. That sentence was not discussing anything subjective. I would suggest you read the sentence again, but this time replace "tone implying" with " the implication", though that changes the meaning of the sentence, as it no longer shows that it carries on and "tainted" the message and future meanings. As an example, if you walk into a room and insult someone loudly, even without intent to do so, you set the tone of the room. You set how the interactions everyone in the room will have with you will go from then on. The point is that the meaning you attached there carried to everything you said after it, as you continued to argue and defend that point, even if you didn't mean to.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...Who?

...I want apple sauce now.

How the heck tall is Lala's waist?

That's cute and all, but, TMI, love, TMI.
    Donna's grandpa.

No, I'm taller than her waist I just... nevermind.

What?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727

*lots of stuff*
    GDgragragra so much snow.

*wishes he had snow*
    *wishes he had an airplane with snow landing equipment*
    You're satan why would you want this I spent four hours shoveling today four hours four hours four hours four hours.

8. - Top - End - #728

Why don't you just let it stay on the ground?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

You've never had snow, have you...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    You've never had snow, have you...
    One year, we had about a foot and a third of snow, which lasted for over a week. People round here still refer to it as a blizzard winter.

I'm not kidding.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

One year, we had about a foot and a third of snow, which lasted for over a week. People round here still refer to it as a blizzard winter.

I'm not kidding.
    And you don't get why snow needs to be shoveled?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #732

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    And you don't get why snow needs to be shoveled?
    Nope. Can't you, like, walk through it? Or over it? I've heard that sometimes it gets compact enough...
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

A foot and a third? WEAK. Chicago is hardly the Arctic, and we still get plenty more than that.

Snow is shoveled for reasons not dissimilar to leaves being raked. It gets in the way and is fun to play with when in large enough quantities. But shovelign can ruin the texture and you lose alot of snow that way, so you only shvoel.. the palces you need to, like THE DOORWAY.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-18 at 07:20 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Can't you, like, walk through it? Or over it? I've heard that sometimes it gets compact enough...
    Driveways. Walking paths.

If it gets compact enough that it isn't awkward to wade through, then when it starts melting, it'll turn to ice.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #735

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    A foot and a third? WEAK. Chicago is hardly the Arctic, and we still get plenty more than that.

Snow is shoveled for reasons not dissimilar to leaves being raked. It gets in the way and is fun to play with when in large enough quantities. But shovelign can ruin the texture and you lose alot of snow that way, so you only shvoel.. the palces you need to, like THE DOORWAY.
    Rainshadow, dummy. The mountains really get in the way of us getting proper weather apparently, as that was the most snow I'd ever seen in my town at once. MAny years we don't get any.

Uh... No one in my town rakes leaves. I don't think I've ever actually seen a large number of dead leaves together in my life. Evergreen State, y'see. Do those get in the way a lot?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #736

NecromancerGuy

^: Yes. Having a pile of dead leaves that's as big as a grizzly bear can become an issue.

And Ice? Ice kills.

Especially black ice.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-18 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #737

Ooh, what's that?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738

I'm not kidding.
    I kind of want you to come online so I can tell you, but I don't she why I can't tell you here, just to elaborate for those who also don't know.

It is required by law to keep our sidewalk clear of snow, because if someone slips on ice or something and gets hurt, that's our buisness.

Secondly, that "foot and a third" of snow you got. We could literally get that much snow IN LESS THEN AN HOUR. It tends to snow for hours at a time. The bit of snow we had today was nearly up to my knees, in the places where I HAD to shovel. We can totally walk through this, totally. We'll get cold though. And if we get MORE snow fall like this, eventually we literally cannot leave the house because the door is blocked in by snow.

So that's why we can't leave the snow on the ground.

Blackice is hardened ice on the road and, if you're unlucky, on the sidewalk. Blackice is basically extra slippery ice that hates you.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-18 at 07:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I kind of want you to come online so I can tell you, but I don't she why I can't tell you here, just to elaborate for those who also don't know.

It is required by law to keep our sidewalk clear of snow, because if someone slips on ice or something and gets hurt, that's our buisness.

Secondly, that "foot and a third" of snow you got. We could literally get that much snow IN LESS THEN AN HOUR. It tends to snow for hours at a time. The bit of snow we had today was nearly up to my knees, in the places where I HAD to shovel. We can totally walk through this, totally. We'll get cold though. And if we get MORE snow fall like this, eventually we literally cannot leave the house because the door is blocked in by snow.

So that's why we can't leave the snow on the ground.

Blackice is hardened ice on the road and, if you're unlucky, on the sidewalk. Blackice is basically extra slippery ice that hates you.
    What is with you and your obsession with me being online?

How often do you have to do that?

Doesn't the snow collapse if it gets that high?

Oh. OKay.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740

What is with you and your obsession with me being online?

How often do you have to do that?

Doesn't the snow collapse if it gets that high?

Oh. OKay.
    I like talking to my friends, is all

Anywhere from once a week, to once every day for the rest of winter because mother nature hates me.

No. Snow is VERY good at compressing and compacting. It does not collapse, it simply becomes more solid. Maybe it's becuase you've literally never seen this much snow before, but trust me, it happens. You get these honestly kinda cool layering effect, where sometimes the snow comes apart in large chunks that you can pick up. It's how Igloo's work, after all. They're made out of snow, compressed into bricks. This is just nature's way of making blocks.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-18 at 07:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741

This sounds awesome! I'm moving to Canada!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742

This sounds awesome! I'm moving to Canada!
    If you do, bring lots of warm blankets. Then we can snuggle together once you realize that all this snow means that it will be unfathomably cold for you.

Like, I'm not kidding, comfortale weather for me is a little below freezing. That's COMFORTABLE. I could relax INSIDE YOUR FREEZER. This is normal to me.

23. - Top - End - #743

If you do, bring lots of warm blankets. Then we can snuggle together once you realize that all this snow means that it will be unfathomably cold for you.

Like, I'm not kidding, comfortale weather for me is a little below freezing. That's COMFORTABLE. I could relax INSIDE YOUR FREEZER. This is normal to me.
    No you couldn't. Even I'm a bit cramped in it, you'd never be able to get in comfortably, if at all. Anyway, you'd likely be unable to relax due to a lack of air eventually becoming a problem.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744

No you couldn't. Even I'm a bit cramped in it, you'd never be able to get in comfortably, if at all. Anyway, you'd likely be unable to relax due to a lack of air eventually becoming a problem.
    Well yes I mean if it was open. And you don't have to relax in the freezer with me, I meant in a nice warm bed full of pillows and plushies and blankets and stuff.

Also, by freezer, I mean deep freeze, not fridge freezer.

25. - Top - End - #745

Well yes I mean if it was open. And you don't have to relax in the freezer with me, I meant in a nice warm bed full of pillows and plushies and blankets and stuff.

Also, by freezer, I mean deep freeze, not fridge freezer.
    What's that, then?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746

What's that, then?
    A deep freeze is basically a big box that acts like the freezer of a fridge, but it's usually bigger then a fridge. Theoretically it's big enough for someone of my height to sit in comfortable, assuming no food products are inside.

An idea I had for visiting places down south was to make a drivable deep freeze, and just drive around in a bikini while inside said deep freeze mobile. My mind goes strange places sometimes.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

It's also invisible, which is what makes it so dangerous. You're driving along, start to turn a corner, then suddenly have no traction.

I'll leave it to you work out the exact coefficient of friction.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It's also invisible, which is what makes it so dangerous. You're driving along, start to turn a corner, then suddenly have no traction.

What do you know of black ice, sweet Hide, smuggling budgies on the beach and barbe-a-queueing in July?

When you have flung my feet over my head and bruised my tailbone, you may speak to me of black ice.YES THAT WAS AN INNUENDO

29. - Top - End - #749

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

I believe it is "0=F+U"

Because seriously, screw winter and everything it brings but the death of insects.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy crap, you people posted a whole bunch.
    This, however, is truly disturbing.

Ok, so, Hostes, the company, creators of Twinkies and other such products, has decided to shut down.

This is why we can't have nice things, people.
    That's... terrible. I am shocked. This is the first thing that's surprised me in months. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What do you know of black ice, sweet Hide, smuggling budgies on the beach and barbe-a-queueing in July?

When you have flung my feet over my head and bruised my tailbone, you may speak to me of black ice.YES THAT WAS AN INNUENDO
    Heh, black ice is fun, on a sidewalk. You can sit on a bench and watch people slip on it. (and, if you're like me, forget about it and slip on it yourself on the way home). On a road? No.

ION: I finally have cold weather! YEAH!

And, of course, the first thing I do when it gets below freezing is to have a camping trip. I have had the whole weekend to relax, and it has been wonderful.

IOON: No classes for me Wed-Fri! This is starting to look like a very good week.

Edit:

I believe it is "0=F+U"

Because seriously, screw winter and everything it brings but the death of insects.
    I'll trade ya. You come live in Virginia, I'll move to Canada.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-18 at 08:28 PM.
    A few odds and ends.