New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

We got new paper money a couple days back. Got my hands on some of it for the first time today. It looks really, really colourful and really, really fake. Everyone I've met literally calls it "Monopoly money", heh.

Also all the notes have Mandela's slightly creepy smiling face on the front. It's... odd.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Haven't eaten in about 24hrs. Haven't slept in nearly two days. Without my boyfriend now as well, forcefully separated (not broken up). Think it'd be easier to just go insane and starve.
    Make Ele take you to Australian Burger King. And then steal his bed, making him crash on the floor in a sleeping bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    We got new paper money a couple days back. Got my hands on some of it for the first time today. It looks really, really colourful and really, really fake. Everyone I've met literally calls it "Monopoly money", heh.

Also all the notes have Mandela's slightly creepy smiling face on the front. It's... odd.
    They do look... very colorful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And I thought the purple 'bank notes' with 16th century dudes with wigs looked silly.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Make Ele take you to Australian Burger King. And then steal his bed, making him crash on the floor in a sleeping bag.
    There's no Burger King in Australia. It's called Hungry Jacks here.

Burger King tried to open up some stores, but because they had granted Hungry Jacks the exclusive franchise license in Australia, the owner took them to court and won. All stores that had been opened were either converted to Hungry Jacks or closed.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2012-11-19 at 08:30 AM. Reason: What typo? I don't see any typos.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    There's no Burger King in Australia. It's called Hungry Jacks here.

Burger King tried to open up some stores, but because they had granted Hungry Hacks the exclusive franchise license in Australia, the owner took them to court and won. All stores that had been opened were either converted to Hungry Jacks or closed.
    Indeed. Monopolizing Aussies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

5. - Top - End - #785

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Indeed. Monopolizing Aussies.
    Given the nutritional value of Burger King/Hungry Jacks, they may as well all be hacks.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling a bit better now, will be eating bacon and eggs soon.

But I'll be single by tomorrow. :/

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

In the context of the two of you being geographically apart or romantically apart? I really hope it's just the former.

8. - Top - End - #788

Single? Why?

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh dear... Has your boyfriend broken up with you?
    I admit, I did not see that coming...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, tonight is the show of the week. Been rehearsing this play for a long time, so Little Shop had better do damn well the next few days.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    In the context of the two of you being geographically apart or romantically apart? I really hope it's just the former.
    Single? Why?
    Oh dear... Has your boyfriend broken up with you?
    I admit, I did not see that coming...
    I'm going to break up with him because of some.. things I found out tonight. But waiting until tomorrow..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to break up with him because of some.. things I found out tonight. But waiting until tomorrow..
    Oh dear... Do you want to talk to me about it? Or do you not want to?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #793
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...I should have just gone back to bed rather than getting up this morning, eh?

I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Well, tonight is the show of the week. Been rehearsing this play for a long time, so Little Shop had better do damn well the next few days.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-19 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Talking with Ele over PM.

Oh Dubstep, how I've missed how you can block out everything. That, and alcohol, and bacon. <3

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh Dubstep, how I've missed how you can block out everything. That, and alcohol, and bacon. <3
    Mmm... Bacon...

Edit: Sorry... Couldn't help myself.
    Anyway... I should get to bed shortly. Perhaps you should come over some time Mynxae?
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-11-19 at 10:10 AM.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmm... Bacon...

Edit: Sorry... Couldn't help myself.
    Anyway... I should get to bed shortly. Perhaps you should come over some time Mynxae?
    Maybe. Need to sort myself out, at least partially.

And yes, mmm bacon. And eggs. And toast.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

17. - Top - End - #797

Man, I'm used to having atleast vaguely colorful money. Our 50 is bright red.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's easier than monochromatic money. When all your bills are green, you have to take that much longer to differentiate based on the actual patterns or numbers or such on the bills. When your bills are all different colours, then you can take in the information that much quicker and get your bill that much quicker.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! So far it's been a good one, even with my classes. Also, I got to prove my RA wrong: he tried to tell me gluten-free baked goods weren't delicious, but my cake and I showed him the truth!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

No, you did not. Your exact words were:

No mention of it at all.
    "Indeed" was a response to your explanation of the phenomenon, which means that I was backing it up, which means that I was seeing it that way by the time. At least, those were my intentions, and with this in mind, I became confused when you told me to start.

Even if you don't agree with me about this, just drop this line. It won't get us anywhere anyway.

Nothing to alleviate what? You know what you said, I know what you said, there was nothing to alleviate. If you're talking about why didn't I address it? I did. I said a couple of times that it was just a misunderstanding, and misunderstandings happen, no one was at fault.

Also, please do not call this a "lecture". That is far from what this is, and is something I would definitely consider as putting words in my mouth if you persist. We've already discussed how this isn't about anybody telling anyone off.
    [I erased this part, because it seeped with confused frustration and, upon closer reflection, I don't think it would help any of us...]

Yes, I know my mind is probably both clouded and biased, but I don't think that is going to change before I can give any of this enough time to sink in and settle down. If, you feel like I've acted egotistical or unjust in any way, I just want you to know that I'm deeply sorry for that. I feel rather bad for this whole thing and any distress it may have caused you...

We'll get new money here in Sweden in but a few years time. The portraits on the new notes are all of different popular culture stars, much to some more academically minded's great contempt (they could at least have put one great engineer or inventor in there, couldn't they?), and only one of them is dead, which feels a bit unorthodox, at least to us...

Also, the images look like someone just applied a cheap "note texture" filter to actual photographs of them in Photoshop, which takes a way the feeling by making it look too realistic. Come to thinki about it, that's probably how they made the images to start with... Stupid computer revolution, sabotaging our money...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! So far it's been a good one, even with my classes. Also, I got to prove my RA wrong: he tried to tell me gluten-free baked goods weren't delicious, but my cake and I showed him the truth!
    Happy birthday Dinomite! [/intentional misspelling]
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-19 at 01:55 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dudes. I think someone removed the Olympic mountains. It's raining fit to kill out here.

Seriously.

The kids who've spent years in Washington are all completely shocked, as they're never seen rain like this before, and can't decide whether they should enjoy it or not.* Of course, my friend, the one who's all from California and stuff, is overjoyed, and decided to show that by jumping into every puddle and trying to hit me with water spurts.

She succeeded.

I'm pretty sure my shoes are shrinking from the icy water. I wonder if nylon dissolves. My skirt is weighed down on the one end where she hit me.

Gods dammit.

*Washingtonian pride dictates we never wear coats in the rain, but at the same time, a lot of them aren't actually used to this level of rain, considering that us rainshadow people tend to only get the depressing fog+drizzle.

ION: Pissed at a dude who was, up until today, someone I thought was pretty okay.

I hate, hate, hate, HATE moral arguments!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I'm pretty sure my shoes are shrinking from the icy water. I wonder if nylon dissolves. My skirt is weighed down on the one end where she hit me.
    Don't worry, I think that's actually your socks that are swelling, and the nylon won't dissolve for yet another few hundred years.

ION: Pissed at a dude who was, up until today, someone I thought was pretty okay.

Oh no! Was it bad enough to make you completely reevaluate him as a person, or is it just a more temporary (if still bad) sort of pissed? Either way, I feel for you.

ION:
    My Imageshack is acting up, in case my avatar won't display for anyone of you. It loads every now and then, but most of the time it won't show for me. I suspect server troubles...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-19 at 02:59 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Don't worry, I think that's actually your socks that are swelling, and the nylon won't dissolve for yet another few hundred years.
    Although there are nylon-earing bacteria.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #804

NecromancerGuy

That reminds me. Sometimes after a day at work or a run/bike ride where I've gotten sweaty I'll find pink and/or blue discolored spots on my socks depending upon the shoes that I'm wearing.

Darndest thing.

Also, I found out that apparently I'm supposed to brush my hair more than just to neaten it up before going out in order to make it pretty.

*Washingtonian pride dictates we never wear coats in the rain, but at the same time, a lot of them aren't actually used to this level of rain, considering that us rainshadow people tend to only get the depressing fog+drizzle.
    Odd, I've seen plenty of Oregonians and Washingtonianites wearing coats in the rain. Granted, it was also between about freezing and 50 degrees Fahrenheit at the same time.

Arguments from morality or arguments about the nature of morality?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    It's easier than monochromatic money. When all your bills are green, you have to take that much longer to differentiate based on the actual patterns or numbers or such on the bills. When your bills are all different colours, then you can take in the information that much quicker and get your bill that much quicker.
    And not accidentally give someone a ten when you meant to give a one or vice versa.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-19 at 04:00 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Plus... more colour is better than less. I would go to town if I were designing bills.

26. - Top - End - #806

This is completely true and awesome.

Dudes. I think someone removed the Olympic mountains. It's raining fit to kill out here.

Seriously.

The kids who've spent years in Washington are all completely shocked, as they're never seen rain like this before, and can't decide whether they should enjoy it or not.* Of course, my friend, the one who's all from California and stuff, is overjoyed, and decided to show that by jumping into every puddle and trying to hit me with water spurts.

She succeeded.

Gods dammit.

YOU HAVE RAAAAAIN? I LOVE RAIN!

Also, dang. Moral arguments suck, because no one ever comes out of those good, more or less. Moral is such a personal thing, you almost can't argue it.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

It also makes forgery that little bit more difficult if I remember correctly...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

28. - Top - End - #808

NecromancerGuy

^: Indeed, wasn't that the primary reason for doing so initially anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also, dang. Moral arguments suck, because no one ever comes out of those good, more or less. Moral is such a personal thing, you almost can't argue it.
    It's definitely not the kind of thing for small talk, but moral philosophy does have some need of making sure that flawed paradigms propagate overmuch, otherwise you can get some very bad decisions being made.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-19 at 06:27 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously.

She succeeded.

Gods dammit.

... *hears "Oh NO PRECIPITATION! THE SKY IS PRECIPITATING ON ME"*

I would say "Who wears coats in the rain, the rain is the best time to be outside", but it DOES entirely depend on the rain. Is it a "OW I just got hit in the ahd by a raindrop gotta go check my basement for liquids" or a "mmnm this decent rainfall will leave some decent sized mud puddles lying about, but will not flood my basement."?

I find moral arguments dislikable because a person who you entirely liked and agreed with can suddenly be supporting the stance that you have only ever known through strawmen arguments, and which you disagree with fully entirely and with all of your being and have difficulty seeing supporters of that position as compassionate members of humanity. (I'm talking about YOU, Lizard-Men!)

Things are bad. Or good. Either way, .

GO TAKE HIS BED AND MAKE HIM CRASH ON THE COUCH!

I apologize for this comment at this time, but EW DUBPARSTEP OH CHRIST WHY EWWWWWW. WHYYY.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-19 at 06:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There lies their beauty. And you CAN argue, mainly by finding internal inconsistency or by proposing extreme circumstances or generalizations of them.

Alternatively making your argument on the base of another paradigm and proposing a substitution.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.