New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

You know what's really really annoying? Trying to get to sleep at midnight to at least be able to wake up in the morning, and then lying in bed for two hours trying various ways to get to sleep including meditation, listening to soft music, watching a bit of a movie, and reading a book (fanfic on my phone technically). After that I just thought 'Screw it' and got back onto my computer because I simply didn't feel tired at all. Then I lay down in my bed at about seven thirty AM (back was sorer than usual) and I fell asleep in five minutes. I mean seriously, what the hell.

Still squabbling with my now ex, though he says I'm still getting my birthday present delivered this Friday (my birthday is this Saturday, turning 19.. Pity. Gotta love breakups just before a birthday hey! ) because it cost 'so much to just throw away', and he's had it on layby for quite some time apparently too. For all I know it could be a bomb to kill me.

Though thankfully I can get drunk tonight (fingers crossed anyhow), I mean really drunk so then I can just forget everything and pass out whenever at home. My mind is just a cacophony of thoughts jumbling and tumbling around, hence loud dubstep to shut it up.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting or being lame or whatever, I just feel like at least some of you peeps can understand I love you guys. So much.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Iihave those sleeping funs too. Lay awake for hours, as soon as it'd be a societiably acceptable time to be awakening, THEN i doze off to sleep.

I want to ask, my friend. But relationship drama hurts my head.

Hugs? *offers huggles*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Iihave those sleeping funs too. Lay awake for hours, as soon as it'd be a societiably acceptable time to be awakening, THEN i doze off to sleep.

I want to ask, my friend. But relationship drama hurts my head.

Hugs? *offers huggles*
    Hugs. *huggles you*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    You know what's really really annoying? Trying to get to sleep at midnight to at least be able to wake up in the morning, and then lying in bed for two hours trying various ways to get to sleep including meditation, listening to soft music, watching a bit of a movie, and reading a book (fanfic on my phone technically). After that I just thought 'Screw it' and got back onto my computer because I simply didn't feel tired at all. Then I lay down in my bed at about seven thirty AM (back was sorer than usual) and I fell asleep in five minutes. I mean seriously, what the hell.

Still squabbling with my now ex, though he says I'm still getting my birthday present delivered this Friday (my birthday is this Saturday, turning 19.. Pity. Gotta love breakups just before a birthday hey! ) because it cost 'so much to just throw away', and he's had it on layby for quite some time apparently too. For all I know it could be a bomb to kill me.

Though thankfully I can get drunk tonight (fingers crossed anyhow), I mean really drunk so then I can just forget everything and pass out whenever at home. My mind is just a cacophony of thoughts jumbling and tumbling around, hence loud dubstep to shut it up.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting or being lame or whatever, I just feel like at least some of you peeps can understand I love you guys. So much.
    ow, that doesn't seem anything close to a clean breakup at all...

But, to alcohol! the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    ow, that doesn't seem anything close to a clean breakup at all...

But, to alcohol! the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!
    Yes Homer.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the double post but I thought I'd mention something:

Cops got called about my ex 'cause he's outside and won't leave, banging on the door loud and heavy enough to reverberate through the unit. Already there is trespass and attempted entry as he's tried opening both the front door and the side door for the balcony. Considering he's also got quite a past with the law, either I'm getting a restraining order or he'll go to jail for a breach of a probation order. Yay!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Until today, I have only heard it to refer to the speech at a funeral about the deceased. My dictionary is telling me that the secondary definition can mean any such speech, but I'd be wary about using it for that as some people might not be as impressed.
    Ah, the joys of translated expressions. Still not as bad as those that become completely nonfunctional, but still...

ION:
    I never thought I'd oversleep due to setting the alarm clock too early. I'd intended to wake up at 08:30, but the clock was set to 06:30 and I forgot to change it. When it woke me up at the set time, I was too tired to realies it at first, but when I figured it all out, I simply set it to the correct time (without turning off the alarm) and went back to sleep.

I woke up at 9:55. It turns out that apparently, changing the alarm time deactivates the alarm even when you haven't turned it off, and class starts at 10:15. Thankfully, due to the application of much haste (although, since I was rather hungry from not having any breakfast, that wasn't nearly as hasty as I'd wished) I still managed to get there mostly on time. Still, stressful mornings are no fun, and I haven't had any time to read my favourite newspaper...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Cops got called about my ex 'cause he's outside and won't leave, banging on the door loud and heavy enough to reverberate through the unit. Already there is trespass and attempted entry as he's tried opening both the front door and the side door for the balcony. Considering he's also got quite a past with the law, either I'm getting a restraining order or he'll go to jail for a breach of a probation order. Yay!
    I'm somewhat curious as to how it has gone into "horray, he's going to jail" from a relationship, but I DONT WANNA KNOW RELATIONSHIP DRAMA IS ABD NO STAY AWAY.

ION: I am awake. Early. Good, or bad?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

You certainly meet the most interesting people Mynx...I'm guessing stuff like this though is why things didn't work out the first time between you two.

*hugs and hopes things get better for you*

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    You certainly meet the most interesting people Mynx...I'm guessing stuff like this though is why things didn't work out the first time between you two.

*hugs and hopes things get better for you*
    Thankee. *hugs back*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Am I allowed to laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Couldn't you use layers of pasta as the pizza base instead of bread? Layers of lasagne with tomato sauce in between them, for instance...you wouldn't exactly be able to pick the thing up and eat it, though, which is the only problem!
    I was thinking some sort of small noodles in a velveeta-y sauce on top of the pizza (in lieu of the standard pizza toppings), but that works too.

You have to pick up and eat pizza! None of this eating it with a fork nonsense!
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Am I allowed to laugh?
    Laugh as much as you like my good friend.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Ya know, I'm starting to think this relationship didn't end well. Can't imagine why.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ya know, I'm starting to think this relationship didn't end well. Can't imagine why.
    Yeah, I think we missed something between "I love my bf!" and "Either I'm getting a restraining order or he's going to jail."
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah, I think we missed something between "I love my bf!" and "Either I'm getting a restraining order or he's going to jail."
    Let's just say.. He's been in jail before for something that I can't discuss (forum rules) but I can tell you that he has a probation order from it and if he commits one little crime.. He goes straight back in. And if he doesn't go back in, then I'll definitely get a restraining order.

The reason we did break up was because I found out he's a compulsive liar and a thief. I'd already had doubts for several weeks but got shown proof of it so I was like 'byeeee!' and yeah.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

Oh wow. So not only girls go for the bad boys...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

17. - Top - End - #947
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you Socratov. I now can no longer get the following out of my head.

"Bad Boys Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you"

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

my pleasure madam *bows*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Cops have been, ended up saying he can't be here unless Nathan (roommate who holds the lease) is here, and needs to call him to arrange to get his stuff out of here between 10am and 6pm (and can only call within those hours). And was forced to give the stuff he had of ours back to us (some books of mine, two hard drives (both over 750GB) and a webcam (both Nathan's)).

Oh and a fun fact. They did a background check on my ex over the police radio and it was so loud that Mitch (another person living here, he was the one who dealt with the cops and was the one who also called them, his grandfather is a high court judge) was able to hear that not only was he charged for the reason which I cannot divulge, he was also charged for theft. Which proves he has been lying to me for several days now saying that he hasn't stolen anything around the house. Which also proves he is a compulsive liar. Double whammy!

And he also has to face his probation&parole officer about this too. Won't that be so fun?
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-11-21 at 10:43 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Cops have been, ended up saying he can't be here unless Nathan (roommate who holds the lease) is here, and needs to call him to arrange to get his stuff out of here between 10am and 6pm (and can only call within those hours). And was forced to give the stuff he had of ours back to us (some books of mine, two hard drives (both over 750GB) and a webcam (both Nathan's)).

Oh and a fun fact. They did a background check on my ex over the police radio and it was so loud that Mitch (another person living here, he was the one who dealt with the cops and was the one who also called them, his grandfather is a high court judge) was able to hear that not only was he charged for the reason which I cannot divulge, he was also charged for theft. Which proves he has been lying to me for several days now saying that he hasn't stolen anything around the house. Which also proves he is a compulsive liar. Double whammy!

And he also has to face his probation&parole officer about this too. Won't that be so fun?
    ... You're enjoying this WAY too much >.> The guy was your boyfriend and your comments before the break-up gave the impression you were ga-ga over him. Are you SURE you two were in a relationship?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ... You're enjoying this WAY too much >.> The guy was your boyfriend and your comments before the break-up gave the impression you were ga-ga over him. Are you SURE you two were in a relationship?
    Considering I was brought up to hate liars with a passion from my father and stepmum, I think it's understandable, since my own mother has lied to my quite a few times as she is also a compulsive liar.

Oh and also - Mmm pies. And Jack Daniels Whiskey

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering I was brought up to hate liars with a passion from my father and stepmum, I think it's understandable, since my own mother has lied to my quite a few times as she is also a compulsive liar.

Oh and also - Mmm pies. And Jack Daniels Whiskey
    Just be careful. Hate leads to the dark side. And their cookies aren't as good as you'd think...

It's easy to turn heartbreak into hatred toward the other, but it's not going to help in the end. You'll use it as a crutch and a defense mechanism against him, and that might bleed over into other areas.

In other words, please be careful to not let him affect you more than he already has.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-11-21 at 12:24 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Just be careful. Hate leads to the dark side. And their cookies aren't as good as you'd think...

It's easy to turn heartbreak into hatered toward the other, but it's not going to help in the end. You'll use it as a crutch and a defense mechanism against him, and that might bleed over into other areas.

In other words, please be careful to not let him affect you more than he already has.
    So I can't go full Vader on his arse? Blast it.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

You think that's bad? I've been humming "Like a mooncat shadow..." for a week now.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #955
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    You think that's bad? I've been humming "Like a mooncat shadow..." for a week now.
    Not my fault, I don't even know what that song is!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Not my fault, I don't even know what that song is!
    Here.

For me it's the mother of all earworms.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

* Is my RTL working?
    EDIT: Okay, apparently not.

*what about now?? Okay, it is. This is really weird...
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-11-21 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

When I can, I will. This will involve actually GETTING eclairs smaller then the bite sized ones, since I wouldn't know where to get those. Unless Long Johns at Timhortens count.

Oh god it's so refreashing speaking to someone who understands the words I'm saying. Tuque! Timbits!
    I understand you Zodalicious! We have a shared cultural experience!

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Electronic Keyboards are more computers than pianos in those regards.

What I do to real pianos is a lot more risqué; and by that I mean not at all, with the most being playing the strings with a dulcimer hammers, playing the inside strings with the hand to produce a more bass-ish sound and at worst plucking the strings inside to get a more metallic sound in key moments.
    I took the bulk of your reply out of the quote for brevity's sake, but thank you for the details. It is fascinating.

I love going into the piano to muck around with the strings manually! I recently dismantled an ancient piano to reclaim the wood, and after I had removed all the key mechanisms I spent several hours just playing with the strings as if it were a harp.

There was a pianist whose name I cannot recall that used to "prepare" his pianos, by putting different kinds of hardware on the strings -- nails, tacks, coins, &c.

It is a purplish blue with a pattern of pink and blue. It is one of the most colourful things I own and one of my favourite possessions.

I agree. I am not so skilled at electronics that I would risk interfering with what may still be a usable if somewhat annoying electric piano.
    Oh! I must have conflated some other conversation we had into that memory. Well it sounds like a lovely tie. I love ties, even if they are a strange accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I haven't seen the movie, but I watched the clip when I read this. I feel like there might be slightly less flirting, but other than that the clip seemed to show a pretty normal conversation.

I don't even have a driver's license.
    The conversation is so painfully awkward and everything he says about getting married and his wife dying of cancer is later revealed to be a lie. He had actually stalked the woman he named, and in spite of his sensitive and lonely performance, he's a creep and a player. It's one of my favourite scenes in one of my favourite movies.

It was just a self-deprecating joke.

I shall confess my great shame to you: I don't have one either.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I shall prepare my most dear overcoat to reach into the northern lands as it befits and to feel snow bellow the 4000 MAMSL. I sadly cannot frolic as age and several circumstances conspire against my better movement but I can carefully wallow in the snow.
    I shall prepare a drift of the finest powder for your careful wallowing, as soft as feathers with a harmonious squeak when compressed; and frolic for the both of us, for good fortune has blessed me with sprightliness.

[Again I removed the bulk of your reply from the quote for brevity's sake, but thank you for the details about electronic pianos. One day I may get to muck around with that kind of thing]

I think you reach further into aristocracy rather than bourgeoisie all things considered by now.

I propose a tertulia.
    ;____; That means a lot to me.

Tertulia! I had not heard this word before, but I like it. Let it be so! Let us all go forth in our finery and discourse refinedly!

*Looks down from a place too far away to properly peregrinate*
    I have the first and will have the second!

But there is a canal, several countries, two jungles, a giant wall and a massive union of annoyances which prevent it.
    I am contacting the budgie agent in your area: he will be carrying a sprig of cantuta blossoms so you know he is not an imposter.
    Spoiler
    Show

He will help you arrange travel north. Just to warn you, you may need to ride him most of the way.

So I can't go full Vader on his arse? Blast it.
    *bites tongue*
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-21 at 02:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    * Is my RTL working?
    EDIT: Okay, apparently not.

*what about now?? Okay, it is. This is really weird...
    *Wow. So it works in text-editing but turns into an asterix when I submit the post? That's no fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Kneenibble, word to the wise - find out if your target has a cat before sending the budgie agent.

― Tim Fargo