New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ^.^ It makes plenty of sense to anyone who is me.
    No doubt. I mean, it's not like I don't fall prey to these tendencies as well. Given, my goal is that all hidden sense I write into my posts should be in addition to the ordinary sense, but still...
    Still curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    It has snowed over a foot this weekend, and it's still going strong even as I type. It may get to two feet by tomorrow. And the forecast is quite cold for the next week, so it's going to stick around!

Winter has laid its hold at last.

It's a good kind of snow, too: fine-grained and fluffy, prone to soft heaps.
    *looks out the window*
    A fine grey mass, the bastard offspring of rain and mist, flowing downward with great determination. Painting the trees with its bulbous translucency, setting the mood for my envy towards you.

(Hmm, could probably be turned into a decent poem if I actually tried to...)

It is, indeed, as you say -- although in your high speech, the particular image has still I think evaded the lady's cognition.
    Yeah, probably. I could be blunt, but that's not really my schtick. It seems LaLa will have to be left in the dark about these ones for now.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-11 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Can I haz spelling?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

It is no bad thing to be but one voice in a chorus, man!
    That foul lawn choking fiend! THROW HIM TO THE BUDGIES!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

I recall Nibbles and Sheepie both saying they play Starcraft II.. Want to challenge me to a duel? I can play right now..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I hope no sheep that I know read this list... it would be so embarrassing.

What's stopping me? Right now, a lack of frying pans (the dorm kitchen doesn't have utensils, just a stove/oven and a sink).
    You have a stove and no pans?

Lamb is quite scarce around here: I have eaten it perhaps once as a child, and it is rare even in finer restaurants. Some cultural difference between our respective post-colonies, I expect; although I cannot speak for all of Canada, only the Prairies [I can imagine it being more popular in Quebec].
    Is Quebec the frenchier bit? It likely would if so, whole lotta lamb gets eaten in France

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

It is no bad thing to be but one voice in a chorus, man!
    They... they just tore it apart. The monsters!

Can you eat budgie?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Behold the colours!

Spoiler
    Show

I blame Kneenibble entirely for continually inspiring me to ponify a budgerigar.
    Anyway... I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

Can you eat budgie?
    Wait... What... No! Why would you do such a thing?!?!
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-11-11 at 06:51 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Wait... What... No! Why would you do such a thing?!?!
    Because I'm hungry?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you eat budgie?
    You could, as to whether it would be advisable and/or desirable, I don't know.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

I can't believe my daughter is already four months old (ok so I'm a day early on that, but my point still stands).

Four months has seriously passed since she was born? A year has seriously passed since we've known we were having a girl? Longer than that since we've known we were having a child?

Time is moving too fast!

Other news, first day as Assistant Manager today! :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Colossus in the Playground

Gah, what an annoyance. My card still doesn't work. This is bothersome!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground

Can you eat budgie?
    Oh sure, they taste just like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I think I remember that. I dunno. Was SO LONG ago. AUGH WHAT THE HELL TIME IS ALL LONG NOW.
    We used to talk all the time my sheepy brother.
    Epic cake powers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm not exactly Ace of Cakes but still a fun hobby. I enjoy working with chocolate so all the pieces are hand dipped.

"Grand Squisher of Hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    *Wonders what Yaoi is*

*Goes off to find out what it is*

I...I..... I can't get it out of my head.........

12. - Top - End - #162
    Firbolg in the Playground

The con was fun - bought a few nice comics and got an artist to do an Exalted-inspired sketch for me.

Also made a rather nice breakfast; scrambled eggs and sausage and skillet-cooked potatoes, topped with melty cheese.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    Oh sure, they taste just like chicken.

We used to talk all the time my sheepy brother.

Yeah. And that was LITERALLY MORE THAN A YEAR AGO! AUGH SOPHMORE FEELS OLD AND SAD MUST GO PLAY Halo 3 disk is broken Banjo Tooie need N64 AUGH
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The poor strug life that you live, Sheepykins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah. And that was LITERALLY MORE THAN A YEAR AGO! AUGH SOPHMORE FEELS OLD AND SAD MUST GO PLAY Halo 3 disk is broken Banjo Tooie need N64 AUGH
    Ya know what makes me feel old? It's a tie between "that kid I babysat when she was 4? She's in middle school now." and "my baby cousin is as old now as I was when she was born."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Wall Of Text 0/7 BB

Perhaps the primary difference is that we have long had a wool industry of some significance. Lamb is still slightly more expensive than other roasts, but even my family which is far from rolling in money can afford it.
    If you are ever to visit our fine country, I shall politely ask my mother to prepare a roast dinner if you so desire. Perhaps by then, our sweet potatoes that grow wild adjacent to the roses will provide us with a generous bounty. But I doubt that as it takes them quite some time.
    I should like that very much, mi Elementalis erudite. Two of my goals in life are to see wild budgies and kakapos, which makes a peregrination to your auspicious island and its neighbour an inevitability. & I would most certainly drop in on you and impose upon your hospitality.

By the by, when you mentioned months ago that you had those sweet potatoes growing perennially in your garden, I was inspired and started sprouting a sweet potato for an indoor plant. It's growing nicely now, and really quite attractive.

Hmm... Two feet of snow. That is a lot by my reckoning as one who has never seen it. If that much snow fell here, I would likely freeze to death as my house does not retain heat well. Then again, it would not be too hard to stay warm. A simple matter of getting out blankets and hot water bottles while we all gather in Mum's room as it is the most snug and has a reverse cycle air conditioner.
    I realize we must have relative definitions of "cold," but snow tends to fall this thickly only when it is rather mild. - no colder than -10 C. On the other hand -- it sounds like fun for the family! Bonding together, with a pot of drinking chocolate on the stove.

[My house is over 100 years old, and the walls basically are two layers of wood stuffed inadequately with sawdust perched on a porous foundation of rocks. It's hard to imagine anything that retains heat less. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *looks out the window*
    A fine grey mass, the bastard offspring of rain and mist, flowing downward with great determination. Painting the trees with its bulbous translucency, setting the mood for my envy towards you.

(Hmm, could probably be turned into a decent poem if I actually tried to...)

Yeah, probably. I could be blunt, but that's not really my schtick. It seems LaLa will have to be left in the dark about these ones for now.
    It is very nearly a delicious poem already! I'm sorry for your damp dismal weather. I shall dance a budgie dance around a bonfire of leaves for the snow demons, that they might visit your land with their flecculence.

May you never change in that regard!

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    That foul lawn choking fiend! THROW HIM TO THE BUDGIES!
    Tee hee hee. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I recall Nibbles and Sheepie both saying they play Starcraft II.. Want to challenge me to a duel? I can play right now..
    I would challenge you to a duel sometime, but what server do you play on?

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Is Quebec the frenchier bit? It likely would if so, whole lotta lamb gets eaten in France
    Let us say it is the Frenchiest, yes. That's what I figured.

Can you eat budgie?
    The aboriginal Australians ate a budgie once or twice. Then we summoned the white man.

I don't want to tell you what we will summon this time, if you try.

Behold the colours!

Spoiler
    Show

I blame Kneenibble entirely for continually inspiring me to ponify a budgerigar.
    Anyway... I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone!
    *huuuuuuuugs!* That makes me happy!

Goodnight, or good morning, or good afternoon, whatever happens when you eventually read this. May your garden wax green and beeful in your southern summer.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-11 at 12:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

-So Much Stuff-

I would challenge you to a duel sometime, but what server do you play on?

Let us say it is the Frenchiest, yes. That's what I figured.

The aboriginal Australians ate a budgie once or twice. Then we summoned the white man.

I don't want to tell you what we will summon this time, if you try.

*huuuuuuuugs!* That makes me happy!
    So... Much... Word. *pant*

Myx IS an Aussie... I must ask, however, on a free for all game, as they are far superior to 1v1's.

Ze Freeeeennnch.

MOON NAZI BUDGIES FROM DA MOOOON.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-11 at 12:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #168

NecromancerGuy

Oh, right. Just so you know, they totally didn't work.

ION: Just charged downstairs holding a spoon aloft, shouted "SPOON!" in a scottish accent, then charged upstairs.

My mom told me not to run with spoons or other sharp objects.

Also, I HAVE POTATO CHIPS.

Which reminds me! The dude at my local corner store just started watching Soul Eater, which I recommended to him. I feel like I've done a good deed. ^.^
    Of course they didn't, otherwise you'd still have a Zodi and she wouldn't be online.

Vaudeville, eh? Swank.

That's silly, though I imagine doing so isn't earning you any points with her.

What kind of potato chips? I mean, you could just have ordinary boring Lay's chips and where's the excitement in that?

Oh my, does someone have a crush on our lil mooninitikins?

Indeed. My sister and I are unlikely to fight a duel over any matter. Particularly seeing as I as the likely challenged would demand we fight our duel with vast robot armies.
    That just means they get a free punch in the gut on you.

Well, anyone who desires to meet my sister can do so by randomly showing up at my front door. I would thus be obliged to invite you in for a cold beverage at which point my sister may decide to honour us with her presence.

Kinky.

Unfortunately, I have not the patience to meditate under a tree for a year to achieve enlightenment. It is indeed a shame.
    The greater shame is that you've mired yourself in the belief that it takes that kind of effort to make inroads. :/
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-11 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

So... Much... Word. *pant*

Myx IS an Aussie... I must ask, however, on a free for all game, as they are far superior to 1v1's.

Ze Freeeeennnch.

MOON NAZI BUDGIES FROM DA MOOOON.
    I have enjoyed playing mix-and-match with which of your lines replied to which of mine.

It seems that soon enough, anyone will be able to play on any server anyways, so whatever the details of Mink's-Eye's account, we will be able to enjoy combatitive discourse with him. I'll be keeping my eye on you, however. Our last free-for-all showed too well your tricksy character.

I'm sorry for the wall of text. ;___;

edit So Dr. Zoidberg is reading a short story on CBC right now.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-11 at 12:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

I have enjoyed playing mix-and-match with which of your lines replied to which of mine.

It seems that soon enough, anyone will be able to play on any server anyways, so whatever the details of Mink's-Eye's account, we will be able to enjoy combatitive discourse with him. I'll be keeping my eye on you, however. Our last free-for-all showed too well your tricksy character.

I'm sorry for the wall of text. ;___;

edit So Dr. Zoidberg is reading a short story on CBC right now.
    Indeed. I did good job on that.

Yeah, Husky told me. Horray 50 year old actual-global-internet gaming, finally? Regj locks kinda go against the whole world wide web that no one says anymore?

Nah. It just took a while to backspace through it on dis ipad.

Whar what why gimmeeeerdde!
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm not that much of a pig, honest >_>

Yes!

Not...really? Ok yha it is

Yha, the fact that a friend of yours is Black Star.
    KILL THE PIG! CUT HER THROAT! I FORGOT THE FINAL PART OF THE CHANT!

Woo.

Yes indeedy.

I just got confused and thought you were calling my friend an it. I wasn't quite awake at the time.

No doubt. I mean, it's not like I don't fall prey to these tendencies as well. Given, my goal is that all hidden sense I write into my posts should be in addition to the ordinary sense, but still...
    Still curious.

*looks out the window*
    Whereas I just like saying the most cryptic **** possible in my preparation for becoming a ghost/oracle/elf/god/Moffat

Oh, I feel so sorry for you. Imagine the pain of having that all the time, I don't know how one could survive!

/Pacific Northwest gal being snobbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Of course they didn't, otherwise you'd still have a Zodi and she wouldn't be online.

Vaudeville, eh? Swank.

That's silly, though I imagine doing so isn't earning you any points with her.

What kind of potato chips? I mean, you could just have ordinary boring Lay's chips and where's the excitement in that?

Oh my, does someone have a crush on our lil mooninitikins?
    Nah, she would be, and that's why she's never any fun to play with. Always a laptop out somewhere. It's unbelievable.

There's gonna be jugglers, and magic, and dancing, and strange occurrences to lemons!

Why'd I have to earn points with my mum?

Honey dijon. Awesomeness.

Ugh, no, he's like, mid or late twenties? Too old, at any rate.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Recently, I've been watching Phineas and Ferb. It's awesome, but the characters eyes are too small.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-11-11 at 02:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Recently, I've been watching Phineas and Ferb. It's awesome, but the characters eyes are too small.

Also, there seem to be FANTASTIC songs at random times, but most cartoons are like that.
    Fixed that for you.
    Seriously, Phineas and Ferb songs are the BEST.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-11 at 02:15 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

24. - Top - End - #174

NecromancerGuy

Why'd I have to earn points with my mum?
    If you don't know what points with your parents are for, I don't think you'll have enough time to get enough to cash in at this point in time. Worth a shot though I suppose.

Oh my.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

*feels old*

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

*feels old*
    *points*

Arr! Thar it blows olds!
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #177

Nah, she would be, and that's why she's never any fun to play with. Always a laptop out somewhere. It's unbelievable.
    Hey now, if I had an actuall friend hanging out with me, I'd put the laptop away so I could hang out correctly

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Whereas I just like saying the most cryptic **** possible in my preparation for becoming a ghost/oracle/elf/god/Moffat
    Given, non-contextual and cryptic isn't quite the same, but hey, practice makes perfect.

Oh, I feel so sorry for you. Imagine the pain of having that all the time, I don't know how one could survive!

/Pacific Northwest gal being snobbish.
    Pfft, who said I'm in pain? I just want snow, and the weather set up such a perfect background to write something semi-poetic against.

On a related note, I don't envy your weather the slightest.

IRN:
    Speaking of winter and weather, I bought a new winter jacket today. The first shop I tried only had jackets that were too thin, too thick or way too expensive (stupid brands), and since I couldn't try them out anywhere else than in a rather warm room, I couldn't tell if they would keep the right amount of heat either.

So, we gave up and walked to another shop, where I immediately finds a jacket that seems to be just perfectly thick without restricting my movements. What even better is that the shop has a yellow container test room in the middle where you can test the jackets against freezing temperatures and rather strong winds, which was exactly what I'd been wishing for. I left as a very happy customer.

I tried it out a little earlier this evening, and have drawn the conclusion that it isn't too warm for temperatures slightly above zero. Which was the only thing I was worried about. This will be a warm and comfy winter of mine. :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

NecromancerGuy

*feels old*
    A decade of age difference on the wrong side of adulthood will do that, though. *pat pat*

It'll be alright!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-11 at 04:21 PM.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

It has snowed over a foot this weekend, and it's still going strong even as I type. It may get to two feet by tomorrow. And the forecast is quite cold for the next week, so it's going to stick around!

Winter has laid its hold at last.

It's a good kind of snow, too: fine-grained and fluffy, prone to soft heaps.
    You are one lucky bird. It got over 70 degrees today! At least it was respectably cold in Pennsylvania yesterday, but Virginia does not appear to be cooperating with my desires for proper winter weather and snow.

Pfft, who said I'm in pain? I just want snow, and the weather set up such a perfect background to write something semi-poetic against.

On a related note, I don't envy your weather the slightest.
    Heh, agreed.
    A few odds and ends.