New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    If you don't know what points with your parents are for, I don't think you'll have enough time to get enough to cash in at this point in time. Worth a shot though I suppose.

Oh my.
    Huh?

Yeah. Old. It was kinda funny, I was there with my dad a few months ago, babbling about having gotten Pocky, which meant I'd have to have an anime marathon, when he asked me which ones. In this town, if you discover someone else watches what you do, if it's a nerdy thing, you stick together. There's not many of us. Anyway, I suggested that SOul Eater, and he just told me yesterday he started it. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *feels old*
    I'm officially of the stance you can still count as biologically young until you're, I dunno, 29, but mentally can be forever. Not that that's always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey now, if I had an actuall friend hanging out with me, I'd put the laptop away so I could hang out correctly
    Which would be pretty silly, because I'd immediately start posting to you while in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Given, non-contextual and cryptic isn't quite the same, but hey, practice makes perfect.

Pfft, who said I'm in pain? I just want snow, and the weather set up such a perfect background to write something semi-poetic against.

On a related note, I don't envy your weather the slightest.
    Oh no, this is cryptic even when it is in context. I went all-out here.

I'm pretty sure Washington weather is why Ted Bundy was a serial killer.

ION: Turns out looking in my memento box makes me cry. I really should stop doing that.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Which would be pretty silly, because I'd immediately start posting to you while in the same room.
    Yha, that does sound pretty silly XP

Regarding the Momento Box... *hugs tightly* I get like that too, reminescing over memories. I'm always here for you Moony.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-11 at 05:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh no, this is cryptic even when it is in context. I went all-out here.

I'm pretty sure Washington weather is why Ted Bundy was a serial killer.

ION: Turns out looking in my memento box makes me cry. I really should stop doing that.
    Didn't he live in Utah?
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #184

Yha, that does sound pretty silly XP

Regarding the Momento Box... *hugs tightly* I get like that too, reminescing over memories. I'm always here for you Moony.
    Well, I'd do it anyway. Out of love.

It's more like "oh. hey. I remember this object. I was so hopeful then about <so-and-so>, I wonder what- Oh. Right." And then I get all sorts of horrible flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Didn't he live in Utah?
    Well, I'm sure we have some serial killers. Or maybe it's all the suicides we have here, maybe that's what the weather is doing. Oh well, I know it's up to something sinister.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

It's more like "oh. hey. I remember this object. I was so hopeful then about <so-and-so>, I wonder what- Oh. Right." And then I get all sorts of horrible flashbacks.

Well, I'm sure we have some serial killers. Or maybe it's all the suicides we have here, maybe that's what the weather is doing. Oh well, I know it's up to something sinister.
    Okay, I checked (on wikipedia, mind). Utah is where he was first arrested. Washington is the first place he admitted to have killed anyone. So, he lived in both places.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have Seattle weather. It's perfect for a really depressing movie or something, though.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

When I last visited my girlfriend this happened. We were on Skype.

7. - Top - End - #187

*hugs* thanks Moony. And an extra big hug for you as well because it sucks having flashbacks *hugs!*

8. - Top - End - #188
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Whenever someone mentions Ted, I think of Al.

---

LaLa: You haven't put up any recordings with your voice (e.g. a video with a voiceover) at all have you? I have a sudden desire to hear what a real Canadian accent (i.e. not one that has been "put on" or cultivated for a movie/show/etc.) sounds like. Also, if you know of any other recordings of real Canadian accents different to your own.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #189

NecromancerGuy

Huh?
    I speak of brownie points and parental goodwill, which is a currency in and of itself for all the talk of unconditional love that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    The sad thing is that I went to Home Improvement first. x.x

LaLa: You haven't put up any recordings with your voice (e.g. a video with a voiceover) at all have you? I have a sudden desire to hear what a real Canadian accent (i.e. not one that has been "put on" or cultivated for a movie/show/etc.) sounds like. Also, if you know of any other recordings of real Canadian accents different to your own.
    Singing doesn't have much of an accent, but I seem to recall Kneenibble making something of himself available earlier.

Is that right, Monsieur?

Yeah. Old. It was kinda funny, I was there with my dad a few months ago, babbling about having gotten Pocky, which meant I'd have to have an anime marathon, when he asked me which ones. In this town, if you discover someone else watches what you do, if it's a nerdy thing, you stick together. There's not many of us. Anyway, I suggested that SOul Eater, and he just told me yesterday he started it. ^.^
    Most unfortunate, that, for such joys to be so rarely held and pursued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #190

Okay, I checked (on wikipedia, mind). Utah is where he was first arrested. Washington is the first place he admitted to have killed anyone. So, he lived in both places.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have Seattle weather. It's perfect for a really depressing movie or something, though.
    Yeah. Methinks he was born here.

Think Tim Burton movie for Seattle. now imagine that over where I live we consider Seattle the sunnier area.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    When I last visited my girlfriend this happened. We were on Skype.
    Yep.

*hugs* thanks Moony. And an extra big hug for you as well because it sucks having flashbacks *hugs!*
    LOOOOOOVE

I speak of brownie points and parental goodwill, which is a currency in and of itself for all the talk of unconditional love that goes on.

Most unfortunate, that, for such joys to be so rarely held and pursued.
    I don't think I use those...

Wut?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Somehow or another I not only got nominated for outstanding senior, I also actually got it.

What.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

12. - Top - End - #192

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Somehow or another I not only got nominated for outstanding senior, I also actually got it.

What.

What's that get you again? Or mean?

You must be more well-loved than I had even previously thought, haha. A more crass man might advise you to press the advantage of this in your affairs.

I don't think I use those...
    I really don't see how you can not without something, well, untoward.

Wut?
    This "wut"

In this town, if you discover someone else watches what you do, if it's a nerdy thing, you stick together. There's not many of us.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-11 at 06:37 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

What.

Congratulations!

What does that mean?

You should ask them for free ice cream or something.

You must be more well-loved than I had even previously thought, haha. A more crass man might advise you to press the advantage of this in your affairs.
    Heh, I will be crass for you, Coid.

@AT - Take anything and everything that you can get.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-11 at 06:29 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

What.

I think it means he gets to do all the work for Yearbook.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

I was "Best Boy" in my year when I finished primary school

16. - Top - End - #196

---

I do, but the quality is unbelievably bad and also those who have heard it said I don't "sound Canadian" as it were.

LOOOOOOVE
    LOOOOOOOVE! *Glomp*

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It gets me specially featured in the year book for being "outstanding." Which in this case basically means dedicated to excellence in some activity or another. Gonna be a nice little extra piece of fluff on my college application.

I have a very weird pseudo-popularity... And were I a less apathetic man I might think that was a good idea.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-11-11 at 06:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I do, but the quality is unbelievably bad and also those who have heard it said I don't "sound Canadian" as it were.
    Let me guess, you sound more British?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

It gets me specially featured in the year book for being "outstanding." Which in this case basically means dedicated to excellence in some activity or another. Gonna be a nice little extra piece of fluff on my college application.
    Ah... I know that feeling. The "I will literally put any recognition I got this year or last year on this thing, because it can't hurt" way of college apps.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish to boast a little about my weather, so here is a picture of my backyard after the weekend's activities.
    Spoiler
    Show

Those garden boxes are nearly two feet high.

IRN:
    Speaking of winter and weather, I bought a new winter jacket today. The first shop I tried only had jackets that were too thin, too thick or way too expensive (stupid brands), and since I couldn't try them out anywhere else than in a rather warm room, I couldn't tell if they would keep the right amount of heat either.

So, we gave up and walked to another shop, where I immediately finds a jacket that seems to be just perfectly thick without restricting my movements. What even better is that the shop has a yellow container test room in the middle where you can test the jackets against freezing temperatures and rather strong winds, which was exactly what I'd been wishing for. I left as a very happy customer.

I tried it out a little earlier this evening, and have drawn the conclusion that it isn't too warm for temperatures slightly above zero. Which was the only thing I was worried about. This will be a warm and comfy winter of mine. :3
    This is excellent. I know how satisfying the perfect winter coat is. You need now a toque knitted of rabbit hair and silk, hung about the brow with hoar but still warm and soft as butter.

You are one lucky bird. It got over 70 degrees today! At least it was respectably cold in Pennsylvania yesterday, but Virginia does not appear to be cooperating with my desires for proper winter weather and snow.
    *calculates for Celsius* Bless my stars. That is a warm summer day. *hugs*

Singing doesn't have much of an accent, but I seem to recall Kneenibble making something of himself available earlier.

Is that right, Monsieur?
    It is indeed, Coizillius Frater, but... well I'm going to post a link to this, but Rawhide, watch it at your own risk.

Also, having taken a fair amount of voice training for the theatre, I'm not sure how representative of the average Canadian my accent is.

What.

Are you pleased with this outcome? What duties does it confer, and what privileges does it convey? Are there sexy privileges?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-11 at 06:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah... I know that feeling. The "I will literally put any recognition I got this year or last year on this thing, because it can't hurt" way of college apps.
    Yeah. It certainly won't hurt. won't look as good as NHS, but it is of is of some actual prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Are you pleased with this outcome? What duties does it confer, and what privileges does it convey? Are there sexy privileges?
    Indeed. As stated it confers some dedication to excellence, blah, blah, blah. It also confers my class like me, for some reason or another. Not any real actuall privileges aside from the recognition though.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish to boast a little about my weather, so here is a picture of my backyard after the weekend's activities.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is excellent. I know how satisfying the perfect winter coat is. You need now a toque knitted of rabbit hair and silk, hung about the brow with hoar but still warm and soft as butter.

*calculates for Celsius* Bless my stars. That is a warm summer day. *hugs*

It is indeed, Coizillius Frater, but... well I'm going to post a link to this, but Rawhide, watch it at your own risk.

Also, having taken a fair amount of voice training for the theatre, I'm not sure how representative of the average Canadian my accent is.
    That is some rather impressive snow. I remember getting about 18 inches twice within the space of a few months a ways back ('09-'10, I think), but the snow has been rather absent since, barring a few sporadic bits of it here and there.

Well, it's more like an average September day here (so, yeah, summer for Canada), but that makes it no less infuriating.

That video... hehehe...
    You don't have the stereotypical Canadian accent, though.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. It certainly won't hurt. won't look as good as NHS, but it is of is of some actual prestige.

Indeed. As stated it confers some dedication to excellence, blah, blah, blah. It also confers my class like me, for some reason or another. Not any real actuall privileges aside from the recognition though.
    Now now: let us not say any real actual privileges, let us say not any hard privileges. But to borrow from the thought of Dr. Lloyd Axworthy, it seems to convey a form of soft power. You may use your newfound clout as leverage in seduction, for example.

That is some rather impressive snow. I remember getting about 18 inches twice within the space of a few months a ways back ('09-'10, I think), but the snow has been rather absent since, barring a few sporadic bits of it here and there.

Well, it's more like an average September day here (so, yeah, summer for Canada), but that makes it no less infuriating.

That video... hehehe...
    You don't have the stereotypical Canadian accent, though.
    I don't, thankfully. I do not like that accent -- it does exist, especially on the Prairies, but it sounds coarse to my ears.

The winter of '09-'10 was notably harsh and snowy here, if memory serves.

Do you typically get a white Christmas?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-11 at 06:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Now now: let us not say any real actual privileges, let us say not any hard privileges.
    Indeed.

But to borrow from the thought of Dr. Lloyd Axworthy, it seems to convey a form of soft power. You may use your newfound clout as leverage in seduction, for example.
    I do believe that's what Coidzor was suggesting. The thing is that my friends are more interested in having me seduce people these days than I am. If it can help with the musical auditions tomorrow, that'd be nice.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Now now: let us not say any real actual privileges, let us say not any hard privileges. But to borrow from the thought of Dr. Lloyd Axworthy, it seems to convey a form of soft power. You may use your newfound clout as leverage in seduction, for example.

I don't, thankfully. I do not like that accent -- it does exist, especially on the Prairies, but it sounds coarse to my ears.

The winter of '09-'10 was notably harsh and snowy here, if memory serves.

Do you typically get a white Christmas?
    Well, normally. Almost all of the memories I have as a kid of Christmas were snowy. The past two years have been lacking in the snow department... Last year, we got half an inch or so in October (an unusual occurrence, as we don't normally get snow until late November (although it's usually cold like it's supposed to be ) or early December), and that was it. Hopefully, I will have an appropriately snowy Christmas this year.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *snow*
    Very pretty! :3

That sounds incredibly comfy, if somewhat unobtainable. Also, seeing the mess my hair is (I let it grow out during the autumn so it can keep me warm in the winter), I don't think I could do such a wondrous artefact any justice...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Purty. Also, I want those garden boxes. I need to refresh my memory and actually get cracking on all that.

I'm... a refectory now? Interesting.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

-stuffing-

Epic backyard you have there, Knee.

*watches*

Well, Knee has eyelinething. Cool. *50 secodns later* AUGH KNEE IS GONNA CUT ME WITH WORDS!

And you sound American.

Sex privileges? AT? He could use them.

Indeed.

I do believe that's what Coidzor was suggesting. The thing is that my friends are more interested in having me seduce people these days than I am. If it can help with the musical auditions tomorrow, that'd be nice.
    Yeees, quite.

Oh oh! SEDUCE A THING THEN LIVEJOURNAL ABOUT IT. Or better yet, seduce yourself in the mirror. Then we dont have to look at you. *should not enjoy being mean to you as much as he does*

And DOES it give you any yearbook privileges? Cuz those are best privileges. You can make last minute changes with insults!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Halfling in the Playground

Haha, all you kids talking about being and feeling old. I don't feel old and I'm older than alot of you. Then again, I don't exactly look very old either.
    Epic cake powers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm not exactly Ace of Cakes but still a fun hobby. I enjoy working with chocolate so all the pieces are hand dipped.

"Grand Squisher of Hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    *Wonders what Yaoi is*

*Goes off to find out what it is*

I...I..... I can't get it out of my head.........

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, normally. Almost all of the memories I have as a kid of Christmas were snowy. The past two years have been lacking in the snow department... Last year, we got half an inch or so in October (an unusual occurrence, as we don't normally get snow until late November (although it's usually cold like it's supposed to be ) or early December), and that was it. Hopefully, I will have an appropriately snowy Christmas this year.
    I wish this thing for you. Last winter here was unseasonably warm and slushy, and it filled my heart with wasps. May you have snow and chills of an aesthetically pleasing nature.

Very pretty! :3

That sounds incredibly comfy, if somewhat unobtainable. Also, seeing the mess my hair is (I let it grow out during the autumn so it can keep me warm in the winter), I don't think I could do such a wondrous artefact any justice...
    Thank you.
    And yet: is not the fringes of a glorious mop of hair curling out from beneath a toque a very fair sight? I think so, at least.

In this mercenary global village, all things are obtainable. Even be it yartsa gunbu, or purple-hearted rosewood, or oudh, or yea a toque of silk and rabbit hair.

Purty. Also, I want those garden boxes. I need to refresh my memory and actually get cracking on all that.

I'm... a refectory now? Interesting.
    Thankee! They were very easy to construct, if you would ever like guidance. Only: calculate the earth you order to fill them very carefully, so that you do not -- as I did -- have to take a day off from work to spend 8 hours shovelling an extra truckload of mud out of the back lane on the hottest day in July.

There is another entendre to be made there, I'm sure. But perhaps you tire of my niggling, mi Frater.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-11 at 07:45 PM.