New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Dawn of Man, [IC]

The Creation.
    We call it the beginning, since everything before was largely boring and uneventful. There never existed a nothingness whole and total, since such an idea was silly. The scope of reality, however, was largely empty and unamusing. Abstract concepts banded together into a great and powerful whirlwind, and decided it best to fill the unused space with something of greater purpose, for its own amusement.
    TAB Now what existed below was called the abyss, and those which floated in its dark waters found the further deep they traveled, the more overwhelming darkness of it all drowned them away into unreality. Above rested the heavens, and those that flew into its lofts found the light overwhelming and reduced them to ash. But a thin sliver existed, on the skins of the two different realms, and this is where Creation created.
    TAB First it called upon the Earth, and made a great firmament upon which its creations could abide. It pulled the earth upward, into a great mountain, and docile slopes rolled downwards to the outer rim. It was a barren landscape of red clay and grey rock, so it set upon it the small grasses and lichens, which spread in great fields. It fashioned manner of small beasts, which roamed the lands, eating from the earth and of the other fleshes. And so was the Earth.
    TAB Second it called upon the Sky, a great expanse of the airs which shielded the land from the scorching rays of the heavens. It made great roaming beasts of the wind and water, called clouds, which gave the Earth the waters of life. It made the manner of lights in heaven, by which we measured time. It fashioned the beasts with power over flight, and they carried the seed of the land. And so was the Sky.
    TAB Third it called upon the Sea, a great and sluggish river which circumnavigated the Earth, and broke apart the dark waters of the abyss. It rose small islands along its path, and edged its waters with great rocks, to prevent stray travelers from being lost to the abyss beyond. It fashioned all manner of swimming beasts, and filled the waters with their shining scales. And so was the Sea.
    TAB Fourth it called upon the Dark, the deep roots upon the firmament. It pulled them far and wide, and carved slender passage and vast chambers. It filled the deep earth with mineral and ore, and sometimes great burning fires or chilling waters. There was no beast which resided far below, but the animals of the surface sometimes took to burrowing their own paths here. And so was the Dark.
    TAB And it found this amusing, for a while. But in its impatience, it grew bored again. And so it called from the Earth a new manner of creature, greater than any other before it. And so Creation made man and woman, which walked the Earth in all its glory, and it gave to them the greatest of potential, and the desire to become anything that it may wish. And as Creation began to fade again into its separate parts, it made it so that nothing could ever threaten to steal away Human's birth right.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Creation's Actions.
    FORGE LAND, The Earth. [2 AP]
    FORGE LAND, The Sky. [2 AP]
    FORGE LAND, The Sea. [2 AP]
    FORGE LAND, The Underworld. [2 AP]
    CREATE LIFE, Humans. [2 AP]
    COSMIC DECREE, Mortal Races*. [5 AP]

*Upon the Prime Material world, there is only one true race, the Humans. The wilds may hold monsters, and the agents of the divine may visit from time to time, but all other races are condemned to the other planes. No race higher than or equal to Sentient Life may permanently reside in the material plane, other than Humans.

Dinfale, Waabishikigookooko'oo, the Unspoken, and Urs Ignatus are all spawned. Go forth and prosper.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Man, [IC]

As the first day passed, light gathered into pools. Underneath these pools the earth moved, bringing precious metals and stones towards the surface. Once the light touched the hard earth, the two mixed as one.

At the very peak of the central mountain the ground slowly rolled up and started shaping itself into a thirty foot tall man. Then the dirt man called out. KABOOOOM! The precious stones and metals that had mixed with the light appeared in front of the dirt man. Carefully, he shaped it all into a basin. Once made, he waited until light had gathered in the basin. From the basin the dirt man took a drink. "Ahhhhhhh." The light coursed through the dirt man, changing him and giving him strength. He then gingerly stepped into the basin and washed off the dirt on his skin. As the dirt fell off, his skin shone like white gold, his eyes became like deep blue saphires, and his hair like strands of fine mithril. He then looked into the basin and saw that he was naked.

"Hmmm. That must change. It would not be courteous to show myself off." As he looked around, the shining man gathered what plants there were at the mountain top and dipped them into the basin. Once he was satisfied by how they had changed, he stretched the fibers in the plants. Taking his time he spread the fibers over the ground before weaving it into several pieces of cloth. He then donned his clothes: deep green pants, a dark red shirt, onyx black shoes and a similarly colored hat. Last of all, the man picked up his dark blue cloak. After that He turned towards the basin one last time.

"It would not do to let a human touch these waters, for doing so could be too much for one so weak to handle. It also would not be good to waste these resources. Hmm, so I shall make a staff out of it!" First he sifted out the dirt within the light, spilling out what was now gold and silver nuggets. He then carefully plucked off all of the gemstones from the basin and molded them together to form one large sphere. Picked up the basin, he poured the rest of the light into the orb. He then reshaped the precious metals into a long staff before squarely planting the orb on top of it. "There, that'll work quite well."

Turning towards the east he saw the moon rise over the horizon. "Whewwwwww. What a beautiful sight. Hmmm, I think I shall call myself....Dinfale. Yes, that has a nice ring to it. Now, I wonder if there are others like me...." And turning around he peered into the west...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap: 15
    Create relic: -4
    new ap: 11
    Dinfale's staff has within it the most powerful teleportation spell in existence: Rapture. This spell is capable of moving vast (or small) quantities of just about anything, any distance, even across planes; and all this within the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-10 at 10:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

A great bird appeared before the man. A field of bone white feathers, the sound of rushing winds at its call. A face like an impassive mask, and not in the slightest human. It rested upon the light as if walking on ground. It folded the black, shining talons in a manner of hands. Honestly, those claws certainly resembled hands in a very peculiar manner--almost hauntingly, the tell-tale sign of its moreness, of its divinity.
    TAB Its voice touched upon the air and into his ears, though its mouth had not moved. "Greetings," she said, with a voice that echoed. "You are the first, and I am the second." She looked into the skies with solid black eyes, eyes that contained infinity. An honestly boring statement, really, seeing as how everything was really quite boring at the moment.
    TAB It had come from nothing before. No, not nothing, that was impossible. It came after creation, from a fine mist which spread across the sky and collected itself into resembling shapes. Far below, on the earth, man and woman remarked of the great mist's shape, like that of a bird. It was all it took, and it remembered spreading vast wings and soaring on its own belief in itself. Who? it asked then.
    TAB "Who do you claim to be?" It asked him now, thought the words poised upon the air not so much as a statement but as an observance of fact. It ruffled its feathers, adjusting to the new world chill.

4. - Top - End - #4

The man replied in a cheerful and deep voice. "Hello. I call myself Dinfale. Hmmm...I suppose that if I were to take a title it would be the Visitor, because I'm curious about mankind. Who, and what might you be, O Curious One?"

5. - Top - End - #5

The bird stared for a while at the man, before looking away again at something new. It moved from object to object in that manner, staring intently for a couple moments before moving on. "Indeed," she spoke while inquiring the world. "Names." It gurgled an awkward, bubbling sound. "But I suppose that is hard for you to say. You may call me Owl."
    TAB Rushing wings, and a howling wind. Owl disappeared in the blink of an eye, soaring now through the empty sky. It flew and flew until the lights of heaven dimmed, and marked the first night.
    TAB "What is the purpose of such things," it asked itself. "And what would be the point, were I to change it?" It flew high into the sky, where the world was only the smallest point beneath it all. It shook its great wings, and the bits of down that softly drifted glowed with an unearthly light. "Be." It said, and they were.
    TAB It is said that no two star be exactly alike, but there were a great deal of star born from the god Owl. Each some representation of man or bird or somewhere in between. They glowed and they looked down on the world below. "Who are you?" it asked each, but no star held the same desire for the inquiry as did it. Unsatisfied with this, it condemns upon them a burden. "Serve man and woman below, guide them." And no star felt displeased with this task, for it had a noble cause.

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl AP = 12. (15) - (3, Create Greater Life; Stars).
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2012-11-09 at 03:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The task of Creation was not finished. In a matter of facts, the great work just begun. Owl would know it or not, but in black emptiness of young sky lurks potencial and energy able to create new gods. His power, light and counsciousness which were granted to the skies by him, spured the hidden possibilities and brang them a form.

One of these star-born gods was Vintra, beautiful, high, glamour and noble in her snow-white robe. She looked at her father, and after that, at humans under they feet. She saw not only what was, but also what could be. She knew that mortals would populate the surface of the world, but she knew the ultimate fate of mortals too. Gods were immortal, but individuals of mankind would die, even if their race has a glorious path forehead.

- I will my Father, I will – answered Vintra to the Owl, using a big portion of her power to twist the grief fate of humankind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weave Plane [5 AP]Aurora, the winter dominium, is a place of final rest. Aurora is consisted from 3 layers. First layer is a winter paradise for good persons, who enjoy eternity of peace as a reward for their deeds. Second layer is a beautiful, icy landscape, a pure work of Vintra's artistic sence. Third layer is a dark, snowed in forest, where souls of sinners are tormented by cold winds, whispering past mistakes and cruelities to them.

Create Legendary Concept [5 AP]Afterlife. Every sentient creature last eternally after the death of physical body.

Current AP: 5
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

Deep in the abyss of unreality, connected to but disjoined from the Seas of which it was created to rule Something stirred. A being of such pure fear and horror that to look upon it was to know madness and become madness.
    And it knew what was to come. The cycle of birth and rebirth it knew would come calling again, the switching of such polar opposites as Creation and Uncreation, something the being was intimately familiar with, being a thing made from both. Constantly Creating bits of itself as other appendages faded into shimmering Uncreated limbs the antithesis of the life beginning to develop up in the skies.

But what was it.
    There was no-one around to name it, nor was there an anchor point in the pure darkness to provide it's name. So it searched, exploring itself for it's name before gasping, no-one could know of its name, not even it until the time was right, for its name was the Spell of Uncreation, the final words to be uttered by a Truenamer that would extinguish All.
    So it stopped its search and began to feel around outside, finding the inky blackness beginning to lighten until the Maddening God appeared in the Seas. Where it realized it's mistake. All around it were the creatures it was supposed to nurture and rule over. The denizens of the Seas unused to seeing something of such madness incarnate as it.

So it retreated again, returning to the blackness and taking with it the bodies of those that had seen, a few 1/2 thought plans running through the mind of the God.
    But, it knew it could not hide forever, and to wait was to be negligent in its duties. So it fragmented itself, taking the least-horrifying portions of itself and coalescing them into a humanoid God, linked to it completely.
    <I am the Unspoken One.> The two forms of the one said in unison, before the humanoid rose out of the depths, towards the light of the Seas.

Rising up, past schools of fish and other aquatic forms of life The Deep One broke the sealine, taking his (for this form was indeed a he) first breath of air
    <<Greetings Siblings. I am the Unspoken One, the Lord of the Seas and the Depths. Join me, in the Center of Creation so we may meet and get to know one another.>> The voice of Fear speaks in the minds of the other Divinities as in the very center, where every Land (that of Earth, Sea, Dark and Air) touched as room pulsating between Ice, Glass, Solid Lava and Rock, representing the 4 Lands equally.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: <talking>
    <<Telepathic communication>>
    I'll be making Fear when I see Vintra, citing that it is unfair that Sky gets the monopoly on created Gods

Spoiler
    Show
    15AP
    -2 Create Land: The Center. A place representative of all 4 Lands. It is The neutral place, where disputes between Gods can be settled diplomatically
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-11-09 at 09:18 PM.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #8

Dinfale heard the call and shuddered. He knew that whatever made that call was not something to be taken lightly. So within a moment he stepped forward and appeared at the meeting place. Once he arrived, he faced the new being squarely, his face firm, though he had a hint of kindness in his eyes.

"Hello. I am Dinfale, the Visitor. I come from the earth. May I know your name?"

Dinfale almost cringed after making his request. He could clearly see that whatever was before him was not similar to himself except in power and vaguely so in form.

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

<I would not give you my name, even if I knew it. For in it's entirety will be the last name spoken in this Universe. You may call me the Unspoken One or any title you wish to bestow.>
    The humanoid figure looked to the God of the Earth as the personification of his greatest fear, whatever the fear may be.

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

From the red bones and green flesh of Creation's mountain rose a thing of clay and iron and fire, a creature made of mossy bricks and metal forges and ideas of things to come. Urs Ignatus was free of the earth, and he stretched his newmade arms. Loose bricks fell from Urs and tumbled to the western shore, and the god's gaze followed them to a bright blue expanse that stretched further than he could ever see, and a gaggle of humans living in what must have passed as a settlement.

This will not do, said he, and he strode down to the shore and pulled rocks from the land and cast them into the sea until the sea was forced to give up a portion of the world to Urs, and he smiled and bent down to sprinkle dirt over the land, and fertilize his great expanse. He then took his bricks and his clay and his iron and steel and stone and constructed great, weaving towers and bridges and tunnels, a magnificent gleaming city made of sandstone and white marble and patterned green granite, with fanciful steel plates waiting to be engraved with great histories. He spread floors with jade tiles and roads with beautiful wrought iron lamp posts, and domed roofs made out of stone and steel.

This, thought Urs, will make for a start. This will be the home of Man and all his kin. While creatures go bump in the night, Man and his kin will stay safe behind lit walls, ready to work their will on the world come day.

Urs went down to the men in the form of a man made of glorious, ancient architecture, dressed in a robe of the greatest tapestries, and pointed to the city that he had made.

"There," he said to the mortals, "Is where you will live. It is the City of Man, the home of you and your kin. Live there prosperously, and make great things, and I will do for you all I can. Grow stagnant, and my power and goodwill will wane."

And so Urs Ignatus, the Towering Forge, went to the City of Man to watch over the humans for a short time, until he could be sure they could be safely left on their own. And all the while, he was thinking...and dreaming...

And then he heard the call, and he went to the Center, and he saw the other gods and spoke to them.

"Greetings, Unspoken One!" the god said in his grinding, booming voice, "I am Urs Ignatus, the Towering Forge! Have you seen the little creatures down on the beaches? I see much potential in them."

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP 15

Create Land, the stretch of land -2 AP
    Alter Land, The City of Man, -1 AP
    Create Concept-Cities, -1 AP
    Form Society-The City of Man, -1AP

Final AP 10
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-11-10 at 12:04 AM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

11. - Top - End - #11

Dinfale then knew why he shuddered. This being, though only the second one he had met was truly different. Different in such a way as to affront him just by existing. It was a truly frightening thing.

"There is another out there like us. One capable of effecting its will upon this material frame. It calls itself Owl. And it said I was the first. How it knew that...well, perhaps it is better at knowing than myself. I must admit, though, to my curiosity of humans. In time I'm sure there will be more like us, and should I meet them I will tell them of this place where creatures like us can gather. However, I do believe that it is not fair to mankind that this place should be here on this earth. This world is mankind's domain, as is appropriate. It would be too easy for ones such as us to wield our power and lord ourselves over mortals if we didn't have something holding us back. Especially with how different we are compared to each other. Also, should any discord come into existence between ones such as us it would not be prudent for our meeting place to be upon this mortal world, for it would not do to have a war erupt here between ones such as us. It could be truly disastrous for mankind if something like that were to happen. Therefore, I shall make a new world for this meeting ground to rest upon. One where mankind cannot simply walk in upon any gathering happening."

And with that said Dinfale took a step back. Raising his arms up, he spoke with power and might, creating a new world next to the first while weaving a veil into place to keep the two separate, though close. This new world was one of cloud and rock, water and metal. And it stretched quite a ways, though the only truly place of any noteworthiness was at it's epicenter where a great mountain rose up above every other place on the world. After that, Dinfale set his staff down with a force of will, his power resonating through the meeting place the Unspoken had made. And in less than a moment the meeting place disappeared from the mortal plane and appeared on the new one. Once again Dinfale turned towards his new aquaintance and said, "I appologize if what I've done offends you. However, I do think that it was necessary. It may be beneficial to make your call again for ones such as us to meet here."

Dinfale then turned towards the newcomer and said, "Welcome, Urs Ignatus. I am Dinfale, the Visitor. And while I have yet to meet them, I know of the humans you speak of. It is my intention to visit them soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap: 11
    Weave plane: -5 ap
    Final ap: 6

Until notified otherwise, Dinfale's ability for movement of places and persons comes from his staff and should not cost him ap.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-10 at 12:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Zombie

<You can do the call as well, it is in the nature of the Gods to call out to themselves for communication. Just as it is that we can seek each other as you apparently sought this Owl. And I do not begrudge your change in venue I simply wished to arrange for a neutral ground and this place seemed ready-made.
    Greetings Urs Ignatus I do not believe I have made my acquaintance with the land-dwellers though I have seen them roaming, I had put off my examination until after conducting this meeting place as the, Humans were they, seemed to be of the Earth and Sky rather than the Seas of which I make my own.>
    The Deep One conjures a ring of benches, divided into quarters for each of the Lands made of the same substances of the walls, though without changing between them.
    He seats himself in the middle of the room-temperature Icebench and gestures for the other Lords of the Lands to seat themselves

<Please, do sit. This is a place for talking and agreements as should be abundant in the Rising part of the Cycle.>

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #13

Dinfale felt a very new feeling for the first time: smug pride. It was an odd feeling to him, and one he felt he didn't deserve to have. However, as it was, he did not completely surpress it as he replied to the Unspoken.

"Ah, it is not necessary for me to call out to the Owl. I am quite capable of traversing any distance in no time at all. Pardon me, I shall be right back." And with that he was gone, so fast it was almost as if he had never been there.

In less than a moment Dinfale appeared before the Owl. "I have found others like us. A third and a fourth. We have decided to gather together on a world I have created for that very purpose. It would be quite nice if you would join us."
    And with that said, Dinfale returned to the gathering place on his plane, so quickly it was almost as if he was always there. He then turned towards the seat of rock and waved his hand, softening it by turning the surface into dirt and grass. Subsequently he removed his hat and sat down.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

And as the Owl did first make the stars in the heavens, one did move from his appointed place. For he burned with a heat which surpassed the others, and he counted himself as first among their number, though if one star could truly be greater than another, who is to say?

But this star did fly through the sky, and seeing that others had taken forms and shapes beyond the mere sphere of light which was his nature, desired a unique shape for himself, for it was his nature to desire. And the star then did take the form of Man, for among all the things which he had seen, it was Man's form which was most pleasing to him.

From the drifting, leftover bits of starstuff, this star-turned-Man shaped a crown, which glowed with a light which surpassed all other lights as of yet made. So bright was its light that even those who had come before would find their eyes scorched and burned by its intensity.

This star-turned-Man wandered, then, searching for one who might please him, and be awed by his form, for it was also his nature to be vain, and proud. Walking through the void beyond the sky, he saw one like him, a star-born goddess, almost as beautiful as he. To her, he called out.

"You too, then? We have both broken free from the shackles which hold the other stars to their orbits. We are alive, my sister! Is it not glorious!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarvin spends 5 AP to gain the Divine Beauty Ability, represented by the glowing crown he wears. He may at a later date spend the AP to make the crown an actual Artifact, but not quite yet.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

15. - Top - End - #15

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither I nor you:
    But when the leaves hang trembling,
    The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor I:
    But when the trees bow down their heads,
    The wind is passing by.

As the wind passed through the gathering, Dinfale felt his strength growing. The hard work which he had done in making this new world and the mighty staff beside him seemed lessened in its toil. Easier. Lighter.

"Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa," Dinfale breathed gently. He then spoke to his acquaintances. "It appears that our strength shall be renewed from time to time. That is good."

Spoiler
    Show

starting ap: 6
    Rollover: +4 (fledgeling)
    Final ap: 10

Poetry By Christina Rossetti
    And a bonus for those that take the time to read the spoiler: go to youtube and look up wunderkind lion witch and the wardrobe. It's quite the nice song.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-10 at 12:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Zombie

The roar of the ocean makes itself heard along the wind, the smell of brine filling the Gods noses
    <Yes. That is, satisfactory. It would appear the Creation has more time than I thought then if we gain more power over time.>

Spoiler
    Show
    13AP
    +4 Rollover
    17AP

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #17

While waiting for the appearance of Owl, Dinfale slowly waved his hands over the earth beneath him, playing with the soil via his divine power. Using his connection to the earth, he felt through the rocks nearby, listening to the silence they offered. He found he was slightly disappointed that there was no life in the rocks, and that what life was in the plants nearby was not connected to the rocks. He briefly had a thought that such disappointment was both illogical and odd, but he dismissed it in favor of giving life. So he called out to the rocks and the soil, the boulders and the grass. He called out and listened for a reply. At first, nothing happened, but then he heard it. A new beat of life within the rocks and the plants, coalescing and coming together. And he smiled, pleased that a good work had begun.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's your cue, Eshkigal. Post away, buddy.

18. - Top - End - #18

The great bird sat high above the earth. It moved the things about in the universe, very raw creation between its talons. "Hmm?" She hummed, at Dinfale's appearance. "Yes, give me a moment, and I shall join you there. I sense the movement below, but I am occupied at the moment."
    TAB She returned to her work, and made a new form, unlike another. So joyous, and playful, and free-spirited. Glorious combination of beast and bird. Yes, it was a good creation. But she could not help notice how perfect this was, and that in its perfection, less so. "There is still something missing," And so the god turned it over, and found the opposite. "Ah yes."
    TAB In the moment between breaths, two new creations found themselves among the world. New gods, each the opposite but both the same. And so it was. "Indeed."
    TAB And in the rushing beats of wings and wind, Owl appeared among the other gods. "A summons has been called, and a summons answered." She bubbled liquidly, in the strange cooings of birds. But never could it keep its gaze fixated for too long, looking up past everything and back into the sky. Something off, something different. "Where are my stars, Vintra and Tarvin? Something is not the same."

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 16. (12) + (4, Refresh; 11.10.2012).

Aelous and Suolea are born.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

- Oh, my brother. Welcome, I am Vintra – godness said to her counterpart – I have just created new world, Aurora, a heaven for all humans. It is a beautiful work, right, my brother? All of generations which will be born will end there, in paradise of snow and ice, under slowly whirling stars. Join me, brother, create an artistry of glory and harmony, give our dearest mortals another gift. This is why we exist, to be their guiders and protectors.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

20. - Top - End - #20

Zombie

<Nothing is ever the same, constant changing is a symptom of the Rising. I do believe your stars have decided to break away, to become Gods in their own right. Though that is but a guess it fits with the seeming ease at which I made this form and Dinfale here made, whatever rockman he is forming in the dirt.>

The Unspoken looks around at the other 3, sensing their unease at his visage, their terror made manifest presented to them by their own senses

<Indeed, if I may but touch your perceptions I believe I can shape a God representing this, taking your fearful perceptions of this Form and combining it with the spark of divinity to make...>

The Deep One reaches out, drawing a tiny flake from each God present's eye. The flake being their view of him. The dread and unease.

<Behold, the God of Fear.>

Touching the 3 flakes with his outstretched finger they fused and grew, forming a humanoid shape.

<I name you Slovien, First Child of the Unspoken.>

Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardlord, away you go

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #21

Dinfale stood and gestured towards the Unspoken while facing the Owl. "The Unspoken here made a call out that we should meet; get to know one another. While he has given hints of some sort of strange cycle, he also mentioned agreements, which I think is appropriate. We four here are the first of our kind. And already there are at least four more like us."

He then slowly turned towards each other god in turn. "The divine decree given to us was that only mankind should live and rule upon the earth. I have no doubt that such a thing could be subverted were ones such as us be given time and resources. However, to do so would not only be incredibly rude towards the humans, it would also be so towards the One that made the decree. In order to prevent this, I say that we ought to make a pact, an agreement. We ought to state what is necessary for both the survival and the prospering of humans, and then state how we can protect and/or cause those things. If we can then follow those methods to succeed in the endeavor...well then, I do believe we will have one of the greatest gifts of all for mankind." With those words Dinfale's eyes twinkled.

"As an example of what I mean by necessary for mankind's survival, I say this: I believe it is important for mankind to understand right from wrong, good from evil. Without such an understanding, mankind could destroy itself.
    Now that I have said my piece, I would be most grateful to hear your thoughts on this matter." With that said, Dinfale sat down.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Vintra. Your name sparkles, like you do. I too, need a name." The star-turned-Man thought for a moment, before nodding. "Tarvin. Yes, Tarvin. A strong name, befitting a king." Tarvin then let his gaze turn towards the land which Vintra had made, Aurora. "You speak the truth, my sister. This land glitters and shines beyond any rare jewel or precious metal. And yet." Tarvin appeared puzzled, pondering some great question. He paced back and forth, before finally arriving at his conclusion. "Yes. I fear I do not understand. Why should we give anything to these mortals, these humans? Are we not stars? Are we not more than stars? Why should we guide or protect such frail creatures?" Across the snow and ice, Tarvin danced and whirled pulling his sister into the dance with him. "We are alive! More alive than they ever will be! They live their entire lives in fear of death. How can they truly live? We must take our lives by storm! Create, yes, but for us! And destroy, for us! It is our right, our purpose! We are beings of a higher power! We deserve to follow our own impulse, not to be slaves to such ants as they!"

It is said that in the time when Tarvin and Vintra danced, entire styles of dancing were created. The waltz, the tango, the ballet, and more and varied dances that mere mortals could never concieve of. All these and more passed through the mind and limbs of Tarvin as he danced in wild abandon with his sister-though for them, whether an eternity or a second passed, who can say, but the brother and sister?

And Tarvin speaks on that dance not. Merely a coy wink and a knowing smile.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

23. - Top - End - #23

Zombie

<I believe the opposite, it is not their morality we should adapt but their physical forms. They are not the most...Adapted to most of the environs of Creation.>

The Unspoken reaches out into the world and plucks a single mortal, a generic Human from the plains

<Look at it, it has no gills like the fish of the sea, nor any protection from the blistering heat of the magma running through the earth.
    Spiritual and moral growth is something that they should learn for themselves shaped by their own manifest destiny but the physical shape of a being is unable to be messed with on a macroscale of populations.>

Sorry everyone

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A skeletal form took shape, a brown cloak and hood grew from it and enshrouded it. Slovian took a smiling wooden mask from beneath and placed it over his skull. "Hello father. Hello Uncles. Father, as I grew from you I have heard some things. I have cousins father. I would like to meet them. I would like to play with them, and would not be fair to my Uncles for your child to be at this meeting while they are alone. May I go father? May I go play with my cousins?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Zombie

<Go and play my child, let the adults speak of the Humans and their growth as a race.>

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

With great rejoice Slovian flew out of the center and into the sky. The only question is which cousin shall he visit first? As he pondered this Slovian noticed something from the sky down on the earth. The mask grinned as Slovian knew which star-born god he would visit, but first a quick detour.

In truth he need not decide for, after his detour, he found his cousins, the only two he knew of, dancing together. "Greetings cousins and spawn of Uncle Owl. I am Slovien, son of the Unspoken. I actually came to thank cousin Vintra for the gift she gave me. It is a truly wonderful gift."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-11 at 01:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Aeolus

Aeolus looked briefly at his creator as it left, tilting his head. Then he looked at his sister... at least he assumed one of those birds was his sister. He padded around the flock of birds, looking for one that stood out from the others. "Sister? Heeelloo? Which one are you? I can't tell!"
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Auroran wind danced with siblings, waving long, shining hairs of Vintra. The wind played music to the dance, changing with moves of relatives. When music became sad and dance slowly, Vintra cuddled tight her brother, whispering to his ear.

- Tarvin, beloved brother of mine. Yes, we are stars and even more, but it is a very reason we are responsible of humans. They are weak, scared and will never reach our potential. I love you, but if you would be a lesser brother, I would love you even more. If you would be a human, my love for you would be bigger than my own powers and existence. Look at them, they are so miserable, and still they have so big potential, so many arts to create, children to raise, things to craft. We are no slaves, we should share our joys and thoughts with humanity. Why not come to them and help, while it is so light deed to us? - asked, kissing cheek of Tarvin.

Then, Slovien came to Aurora. Vintra was afraid a little of his, co hugged her brother stronger. Yet, it wasn't right to judge others by their appearance. The new god said that was a cousin and wanted to talk. How cruel would be Vintra to treat him as uninvanted quest?

- Greetings, cousin. My hearth beats faster while my gifts bring joy to you. What gift is your favorite? Frozen streams, ice-covered mountains, or perhaps snowflakes, dancing gently with wind?

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 5
    Refreshing: +4
    Actual AP: 9
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2012-11-11 at 03:05 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"No dear, I am afraid none of those things interest me. The gift I speak of is this."

The god of fear reaches into his robe and pulls out a human corpse. "Thanks to you this is empty now. The souls have found a place to go and are no longer tied to their bodies when they die, which leaves me with these wonderful toys to play with. I have already made many of them dance and play with the mortals. The emotions that come from their interactions with the mortals sustains me. So I thank you dear cousin."

The god of fear will then gesture to the corpse in his grip. "Would you like to see this one dance cousin? It is a truly wondrous sight."

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP

-1: Create Life (Monstrous): Zombies
    -1: Create Life (Monstrous): Skeletons
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-11 at 11:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

- Blasphemy! - shouted shocked Vintra. She lifted her hand up, pointing a finger high in Aurora's night sky. In a short moment, she asked her brothers and sisters, other stars, if they could help her in a fight with cursed creature.

They have responded to her proposal. Vintra gathered in her hand light of all of her kind, adding her own power to currently created magic. When she pointed at undead, ray of holy light turned the zombie into dust, spilled by coldy wind into four directions.

- Be cursed, prideful god, be cursed you and your sick creations! Be exiled from my shining land, my kingdom, but at first, be exiled from hearts of mortals, forever! From now to the end of the world, pious priests of all gods will possess a power to cast away your blasphemous breed. People of all nations and cultures will ask my family high in heaven to help and my family will protect them. You will be hated, lonely and despised for eternity! And now go, before I lost rest of my mercy!

Spoiler
    Show

9 AP
    Create Magical Concept (Holy Magic) – 3 AP
    Current AP: 6 AP

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature