New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Star Wars Privateer (IC)

OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263636

Your group enters the cantina on a small backwater planet. You recently pooled your money and purchased a beat up junky freighter. You checked the terminals for hiring, and in this refreshment place there apparently is a pair of sisters who are looking for mercenaries. Not much details otherwise. The Kuge sisters. Asking around didn't reveal much other than that they're well off. You find them at a back table looking over datapads.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 06:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Privateer (IC)

Jetta Nand

Currently wearing the guise of a relatively nondescript human male who has seen better years, Jetta steps into the cantina and scans the room quickly, surreptitiously. Spotting the two ladies that match the description given to him, he first stops by the bar and orders a cheap drink. Most clients were more comfortable if you seemed comfortable; drinks made one seem less threatening. Taking a sip, he stays at the bar a moment, looking over the situation.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know who else is doing what in this scene, so I didn't want to approach them yet without knowing if its just my character talking to them, or if my character is in the bargaining position or if someone else is. So, waiting for other posters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Crim Terix

Crim stepped into the cantina and onto something that made a squish noise. He glanced down and frowned. It looked like a bar rag, but far all he knew it could have been some sort of invertebrate. He glanced around the cantina and tightened his grip on his briefcase when he didn't immediately spot his Clawdite associate. Jetta's 'aura' in the Force was nearly as mutable as his physical form, but that made it a little easier to spot. Sometimes.

Crim stood in the doorway for a few moments and concentrated.
    There you are.

Jetta had just ordered a drink, and Crim moved next to him at the bar to do the same.
    He kept his voice conversational, but low.
    "Afternoon, Mr. Nand. Have you met with our clients yet?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Jack entered the cantina a few minutes after the others. He wasn't part of negotiations, he was security and medical. He just came to make sure that there wasn't any trouble. That and, truth be told, he liked bars. He walked slowly over to the bar, careful to make sure he picked a spot where he could observe both Jetta and the Kuge Sisters, and signaled the bar tender.

"Hey, barkeep. I'll take a Corellian Twister. Don't spare the synth." When he returned, Jack dropped a few credits, tipping generously, "Thanks, friend." Drink in hand, Jack sat back and watched the proceedings.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know etiquette on this planet, so I'm assuming I only have my knife and not my blaster rifle. If, however, the rifle won't raise too many eyebrows, it's slung over my shoulder.

Also, just to get in the habit of it, I'll roll to observe the area:

Perception (d20+8)[15]
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2012-12-07 at 11:15 AM.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

5. - Top - End - #5

Jetta Nand

Jetta nods at Crim in acknowledgement as he takes another sip of his drink. At Crim's query, he mumbles, "Not yet. Taking a look around before going to talk to them. Waiting to see who-all of the crew decides to show up. Never know what might happen in one of these places, especially on a backwater like this."

He takes another small sip of his drink and focuses on the two ladies after scanning the room once over.

Spoiler
    Show

Room Scan Perception - (1d20+6)[15]
    Ladies Perception - (1d20+6)[26]

Just in case there is something to notice.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

This world, although low class isn't quite the hell hole of tatoonie. Many people are armed, there's even a few republic troops in here. There is a band playing upbeat music, and a few people playing space-chess.

The two ladies continue going over their datapads eventually. Both are armed with heavy blasters, and look like they could be dangerous. One of them has a cybernetic enhancement on her face. A small one, given it's shape and place you assume it's some kind of cyberlink. The two of them look almost exactly alike. The one without the cyberlink is in heavy armour, similar to that of the republic soldiers. The one with the cyberlink is wearing causal dress.

You hear whispers, you pick up a few words "spice, medicine, Fuuka", but that makes little sense to you. Most spices can't be used for medical purposes, and you have no idea what Fuuka means.

7. - Top - End - #7

Jetta Nand

Finishing off his drink, Jetta sets it on the counter and speaks to Crim. "Ready to head over?"

Regardless of Crim's answer, Jetta weaves his way through the tables towards the ladies' booth. Stopping at a safe distance, he waits a few moments until he is acknowledged, then greets them with a courteous "Ladies," obviously preferring to wait until he is invited to take a seat (or remain standing).

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    Jetta Nand

Finishing off his drink, Jetta sets it on the counter and speaks to Crim. "Ready to head over?"

Regardless of Crim's answer, Jetta weaves his way through the tables towards the ladies' booth. Stopping at a safe distance, he waits a few moments until he is acknowledged, then greets them with a courteous "Ladies," obviously preferring to wait until he is invited to take a seat (or remain standing).
    "Jetta Nand?" One of the sisters comments. "If that's you take a seat. We got business to discuss. We got three jobs, you can do all three, but each of them has it's downsides. Of course the more you do, the more you get paid."

They move to the back of the table.

"We're the Kuge sisters. I'm Kyouko." The one with the cybernetic enhancement motions. "and she's Kiyoko."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"Right behind you."

Crim followed Jetta to the client's table and seated himself next to his associate. He opened his briefcase and pulled out his datapad.

"Straight to business then? Good. What are our options?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noedig View Post
    "Right behind you."

Crim followed Jetta to the client's table and seated himself next to his associate. He opened his briefcase and pulled out his datapad.

"Straight to business then? Good. What are our options?"
    Kyouko smiles. "Right to business then. Alright here's the deal." She opens her datapad. "There's a woman on Vera Five named Doctor Tamagushi Fuuka. Genius in her field. Recently she's had a medical breakthrough in making cheap medpacs, but the problem is that one of the key ingredients is a cheap spice. An illegal cheap spice. It's the spice equivalent of drinking aftershave. The only reason anyone buys it is that it's brutally cheap, and extremely addictive."

She continues. "We recently tried to buy a shipment, but we keep getting outbid by a "Crime lord" named Choushin. A gambler who won big, and decided to start hiring goons and get into the black market."

"There are 3 missions, you may choose to do all of them, or none of them."

"The first mission is basic theft. Break into Choushin's base, and steal the shipment. The problem with this mission is there will be a few guards there. Cheap credit-a-dozen guards, but still guards."

"The second mission is optional, but pays well. When you're in his base, find and kill him. Assassination is low, but this guy is a criminal, and not a freedom fighting criminal who steals for the good of the poor. This guy is small-name, big-ego scum."

"The third mission is only if you have a ship. Load the spices and take them to Vera Five and deliver them to Dr. Fuuka."

"Any questions?"
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 12:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Jetta Nand

Jetta looks to Crim a moment before looking at the twins again. "Do you have any information about the location the target is at?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Jetta Nand

Jetta looks to Crim a moment before looking at the twins again. "Do you have any information about the location the target is at?"
    "Yes. In the slums. Guy won his money and bought a basic warehouse. Nothing fancy. The guy is cheap, never buys anything expensive, quantity over quality. It's at this address." She links to your datapad and downloads it.

"The fact is that he's going to be selling these spices as drugs, to harm people, by taking them from him we prevent any harm to the people, and delivering them to Fuuka will help even more. Killing him is for long term purposes. If he's alive he'll just outbid us again, taking him out will make us the top bidder, making it so we can send regular shipments to Fuuka. Of course if you ever come back to this planet, we'll be sure to give you another shipment for more pay."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 12:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Jetta Nand

The clawdite nods and looks thoughtful for a second. "Worthy cause, but I assume that you know that causes need funding. What sort of pay could we expect for these jobs?"

Spoiler
    Show

Dunno if Crim wants to chime in and take over haggling or other parts of the conversation. Wouldn't be against letting him haggle and doing assist rolls.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Jetta Nand

The clawdite nods and looks thoughtful for a second. "Worthy cause, but I assume that you know that causes need funding. What sort of pay could we expect for these jobs?"

Spoiler
    Show

Dunno if Crim wants to chime in and take over haggling or other parts of the conversation. Wouldn't be against letting him haggle and doing assist rolls.
    "500 credits for stealing, 2000 for killing, 1000 for shipping, plus more credits everytime you return to ship more, relative to the amount you deliver."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Being back in the world of business, white, black or grey, was a nice change of pace. He typed in all the relevant information into his datapad and smiled.

"So asset redistribution, narrowing the field of competition and a rush delivery. Payment for services rendered, with additional pay oppertunities in the future. Sounds rather simple. On the subject of your competitor, my associates and I have no issue with liquidation, but that enterprise often has extra costs. As you well know, wheels need to be greased, to use a euphemism. 2500 would be more adequate in that regard. That brings the payment to 4000, a quarter of which will needed to cover those extra costs. This will allow us to still turn a profit on the enterprises you've offered. What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion for haggling purposes. (1d20+8)[23]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Being back in the world of business, white, black or grey, was a nice change of pace. He typed in all the relevant information into his datapad and smiled.

"So asset redistribution, narrowing the field of competition and a rush delivery. Payment for services rendered, with additional pay oppertunities in the future. Sounds rather simple. On the subject of your competitor, my associates and I have no issue with liquidation, but that enterprise often has extra costs. As you well know, wheels need to be greased, to use a euphemism. 2500 would be more adequate in that regard. That brings the payment to 4000, a quarter of which will needed to cover those extra costs. This will allow us to still turn a profit on the enterprises you've offered. What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion for haggling purposes. [roll0]
    The Kuge sisters look at each other and start making minor hand signals. You figure they're arguing with each other.

The one in the heavy armour speaks up. "I wish to know what extra costs you are speaking of, before I approve of this upgrade to your pay. You say a quarter of 4000. What are you spending 1000 credits on to commit the act of walking in a door and shooting a man? Power packs aren't that expensive."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 02:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Jetta Nand

Largely tuning out the haggling going on at the table, Jetta spends a few minutes going over the data that had been uploaded to his datapad. All the while he debated which of the jobs they would be able to pull off. The stealing and delivery seemed to be in the bag, or, at least, as close to the bag as they could reasonably be expected.

The killing, however, could be difficult. A plan began to form in his mind as scrolled through the data.

Spoiler
    Show

I imagine that the information includes a couple pictures of the target, at least, but I didn't want to assume.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah yes of course. Power packs are not expensive, as you say. Bribes, on the other hand, are. We will be causing a bit of a ruckus on someone else's turf, not the gambler necessary but the people on whose turf he operates, and those people may need placating. The spice also has questionable legality attatched to it, which means that transporting that spice will be similarly questionable, maybe not here, but elsewhere. That 1000 is not for the act of killing, but rather what comes afterward."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion again. (1d20+8)[22]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

"Ah yes of course. Power packs are not expensive, as you say. Bribes, on the other hand, are. We will be causing a bit of a ruckus on someone else's turf, not the gambler necessary but the people on whose turf he operates, and those people may need placating. The spice also has questionable legality attatched to it, which means that transporting that spice will be similarly questionable, maybe not here, but elsewhere. That 1000 is not for the act of killing, but rather what comes afterward."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion again. [roll0]
    They do a few more hand motions.

"Alright. 4000 it is, for all 3 jobs. This is for the good of the people. You'll be paid the assassination when you get back to port. You'll be paid for the other two jobs when you deliver it to Fuuka."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-07 at 03:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Jetta Nand

Looking up from his datapad, Jetta looks at the two women and decides they aren't likely to pay them ahead of time. He nods and states, "That is acceptable." He stands from the table and offers the two of them a very slight, polite bow. "We had best be on our way if we are to plan. Crim?"

Waiting only a moment to see if his fellow joins him, Jetta heads towards the bar again to retrieve Jack from his spot at the end of the bar. As he walks up, he gestures at the man's drink. "Best find a way to bring that with you. Seems we have a couple jobs to do."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Crim smiled genuinely.
    "Excellent! If my associate has no objections, I believe that concludes negotiations. Thank you for choosing us, you will not be disappointed."

He stood and offered a hand to the sisters.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Crim smiled genuinely.
    "Excellent! If my associate has no objections, I believe that concludes negotiations. Thank you for choosing us, you will not be disappointed."

He stood and offered a hand to the sisters.
    The armoured one takes your hand and shakes it. She has a strong frim grip. Fair strength score on this girl.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Crim placed his datapad in his briefcase and closed it.

"Good day, ladies. You will hear from us soon."

He turned and strode over to the others, still smiling.

"Well, gentlemen, we have our jobs. Let's go earn our bread. Also, remind me when you get back to the ship to discuss some side options that may come up during our jobs. I'm heading back now, so I'll see you all shortly."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

"What, this?" Jack drains what's left of the Twister, "I'm good to go, Cap'n. I'm looking forward to the work, and the pay."

He gestures at a Twi'lek girl dancing in the corner, "I think she likes me. I'd like to take her out somewhere, show her a good time."

25. - Top - End - #25

Jetta Nand

Jetta looks over at the twi'lek dancer for a moment before deciding to mess with Jack. When Jetta turns back, he's taken on the look of a similar, if different twi'lek girl, lekku and all. Flashing him a sultry wink, "Jetta" remarks, "Come back to the ship when you're done. You have some time."

With that, Jetta morphs back and steps out of the cantina, amused with himself. It's possible that he still holds somewhat of a grudge against the soldier for their shared history and has decided to mess with the man when he can.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Jack recoiled briefly, and then chuckled at Jetta's performance. "Captain, you're a right git. You know that? I'll do the job first, I know the priorities."

He left the bar, following after the Crawdite. "So what's the the gig," he asked, "And, more importantly, when do we get paid?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Oriana

Throughout negotiations, Oriana maintained a safe distance from the prospective employees, as well as the rest of the crew. She entered the cantina slightly after the others, and separated herself to appear unconnected. After all, Oriana tends to stick to the shadows and rely on surprise when things go south. She was probably didn't hear most of the details, but got the gist of the mission from what she could hear.

After exiting the cantina, she slips into stride with the rest of the crew.

"Sounds like a simple enough job, then, right? just a quick in-and-out, offing a small-timer on the side? Good stuff.

...So what's the plan, Captain?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry to interrupt, but I suggest the plan be discussed in the privacy of the ship. It would be disastrous if we were overheard by the wrong party, yes?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Raising an eyebrow at Oriana, Jack responds to her exuberance, "Kid, you're one sneaky girl. If I had anything worth taking, I'd be sure to double lock the door to my cabin."

Pausing, as if the thought had just struck him, he turns to the Captain. "Jetta, we do have our own cabins on this new ship, right?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Oriana looks up at Jack and smiles youthfully at his response to her sudden appearance, but she says nothing, instead looking back down at her feet, continuing to walk back to the ship in silence.