New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Dawn of Man, [IC]

Slovien laughed. "Why dear cousin, you should share with your kin. The mortals souls go to your land, it is only fair that I get their bodies. But you have reacted the way I hoped you would. Bring on the war dear cousin, for by dedicating a war against you tell all the mortals that they are something that should be feared. Through this fear I grow stronger.

Now, I shall leave your domain dear cousin. However fear will always live in the hearts of these mortals. I will not and cannot leave them. After all, these mortals are our responsibility."

With that Slovian leaves, but later writes a weave into the lives of these mortals. When they die their souls will go to Aurora. That Slovian cannot change, nor does he want to. By living forever they will have more opportunities to fear, especially those Vintra deems 'evil'. There bodies however, shall forevermore rise, stalk the Earth, and spread fear to all humans.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 AP

-5 Cosmic Decree: Whenever a mortal, any mortal dies, their souless body will rise up again as either a skeleton or zombie and attack any living human.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-11 at 12:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

- Oh, brother, sweet brother – cried Vintra, hiding her face in torso of Tarvin – What can we do now? I know you do not understand humans and perhaps do not care about them more than about dust, but please, look at Slovien's sins. Now every one person will change into ugly, monstrous creature, and there will be more and more of them. How can we dance in Aurora, when outside the beautiful world rotten corpses can devour innocence ones and spead diseases? Don't you want reality where beauty is everywhere, not only in my kingdom? Brother of mine, I have created today so many things and laws of universe, I don't know if I can create more. I feel... I feel... so weak and lonely – streams of tears run from her eyes – You have made for you this glorious crown, could you also take care of beauty of Material Plane?
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

And it was in that time that the skeletal one, Slovien the Lord of Fear, did appear in the blessed lands of Aurora. And despite Tarvin's misgivings about his sister's path, he clutched her closer to his breast, to do what he could to protect her from the creature who appeared. For in his eyes it was hideous, and it displeased him with its presence.

Tarvin gazed down upon the mortal coil, and watched as the dead rose up and struck their former kindred. His divine heart was filled with wrathful fire, for these things were of a dark and horrid form and disposition, and pleased him not. "My sister, it is true that these things which Solvien has created are most foul, and displeasing to my eye. Yet he has woven their existance into the very fabric of existance. Their destructive rebirth is a fact of this world now, and I am not sure there is much we can do." Tarvin continued in his thinking, until an idea came upon him, and his eyes shone bright, and he laughed a dark and barking laugh. "No, there is something I may do. I cannot destroy them, nor ensure that no more rise, but I can force them to hide from my sight. No more shall our cousin's foul brood walk in the light, and none who die in the light shall join their ranks. The darkness is beyond my reach, but in the light, I keep your beloved mortals safe. You have given me the gift of beauty, sister, and in return I give this gift to you."

So saying, Tarvin took a shard of his own divine light, and placed it in the sky, high above the earth below. And the light of this great fire shone upon the works of Slovien the Lord of Fear, and they burned, and shuddered, and returned to the ground in which they were laid, not to rise again.

Spoiler
    Show
    +4 AP from rollover, bringing total to 14.

-5 AP: Forge Monument-The Sun
    A shard of Tarvin's divine fire that has been placed in the sky, The Sun is Tarvin's place of governance. A throne of purest gold, from here Tarvin may watch the goings on of the mortal world at his pleasure. His mighty light shines down upon the world, until his throne travels beyond the horizon, to meet with his sister each night in the cold, crystaline world of Aurora.
    Even when Tarvin does not sit upon his throne, still he watches. At any time, Tarvin may spare a small bit of his consciousness to sit in the Sun and act as his eyes. By this, Tarvin is aware of all which occurs upon the surface of the world in the day-though beneath the waves, and within the dark corridors of the Underdark, his sight cannot reach, and at night, his eyes are taken from him.

-5 AP: Cosmic Decree
    "So long as my throne sits in the sky, the dead shall not rise. They are a displeasure to my eyes, and so my light shall strike their unlife from them should they come into my sight, and their bodies shall lie still evermore. No creature of Slovien's make may exist in the light. A mortal who dies in the light shall remain dead, and a creature of undeath who enters the light shall burn until they are naught but ashes. They are the get of darkness, and in the darkness they shall remain, or perish. So says Tarvin, King of Light."
    In less flowery language, all undead possess a weakness to Sunlight, in the same sort of vein as vampires. Thus, if a human dies in the day, they rise again, but immediately die once more. At night...well, Tarvin has no hold over the night. That is Slovien's domain.
    14 AP-5 AP(Forge Monument)-5 AP(Cosmic Decree)=4 AP
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

The Great Flock

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
    Aeolus

Aeolus looked briefly at his creator as it left, tilting his head. Then he looked at his sister... at least he assumed one of those birds was his sister. He padded around the flock of birds, looking for one that stood out from the others. "Sister? Heeelloo? Which one are you? I can't tell!"

The Griffon stood in the center of a great multitude of birds. He flew in the conflux of a descent of woodpeckers, the fall of woodcocks, a plump of wildfowl, great colonies of vultures and gulls, a brood of turkeys, springs of teals, Bevy of swans, a mustering of storks, flights of swallows, murmurations of starlings, the great hosts of sparrows, wisps of snipes, packs of grouse, large buildings of rooks, kettle of hawks, the unkindness of ravens and the murder of crows.

The Griffon flew among the feathers of the coveys of quails, a holy congregation of plovers, a bouquet of pheasants, the ostentation of peacocks, amid the company of parrots, watched over by the parliaments of owls, skein of geese and goslings, and the watch of nightingales, richness of martens, the sords of mallards, a tidings of magpies and the divine exaltation of larks.

The Griffon searched within the flapping of the scolds of jays, charms of hummingbirds, and solemn wakes of buzzards, sedge of herons, shoal of herrings and even the flocks of chickens and chattering of chicks, under the covers of coots, and flight of cormorants, amid the siege of cranes and piteousness of doves, the flush of ducks and the grand convocation of eagles.

The magnificent flock - the convocation, composed of all the birds in the world, the righteous and the pure - for the air and it's creations, were the first beings made - well the first beings made that were cast into the sky - the ones closest to divinity unlike the those who walked on the dirty earth. They looked down and more importantly cast their shadows upon their inferiors. The purest and the grandest, the ones up high. And from the beaks of all the birds in the flock, at the same time, from up high and from each side and angle the birds - Suloea - answered.

"I am Here Brother"

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP + 4 Rollover.

Gain ability: Inconceivable: Suloea is composed of basically every bird in existence. She is a great flock - all of the birds are part of her and are her. Even for a god it is hard to make sense of, as so she is hard to understand and is inconceivable in that respect.

AP 14 AP
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-11 at 04:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dinfale heard the decrees sent out by the slightly younger lords. Then he sighed. Quietly he spoke, "It appears that conflict is already on the warpath." Then lifting his head he turned towards the others.

"I'm afraid that I must disagree with you, Unspoken One. While mankind may be incapable of acquiring the gifts that you would give him on his own, he is also equally incapable of completely deciding on what is right and wrong. The problem lies in this: mankind was given a powerful desire for themselves. But not that they might rise as a race. Rather, this desire is within every human, and it is directed towards themselves. It is selfishness. This desire, if not directed towards mankind as a whole instead of the individual will eventually destroy them. Unlike us, mankind is incapable of living forever, and more importantly, is incapable of living alone. This desire will create walls of separation between them, causing destruction, because mankind needs community. This isn't to say that I think that we need to destroy individuality, but rather that we should encourage community. I have no problem with us tending to mankind's physical, emotional, and mystical needs. However, if we do not tend to their spiritual needs first then many of them will use the gifts we give them for their own individual desires." Dinfale then paused and turned towards the other two.

"What have you two to say about this question? Urs Ignatus? Owl? What is it that you two see that mankind needs from us?"
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-11 at 05:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Zombie

<But it is that individuality and selfishness that will propel Henri greater heights. Instilling a sense of racial community would stall the growth of inventions for competition and necessity are the mother and father of invention.
    Remove the competition between them and you get a global collective that stalls technologically without constant divine intervention. But if you leave them as they are they will progress to be better than their neighbours who will in turn copy and develop better things themselves>
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

7. - Top - End - #37

Dinfale sighed again. "Moral ambiguity isn't necessary for competition. And while selfishness may create some possibilities for competition, humans will be incapable of creating the truly amazing works that can only be done through cooperation if they become spiritually stagnant. And I directly disagree with the implication that you have given that mankind will be without needs if they are spiritually whole. I also think you may be devaluing contentment. In addition to this, my proposal isn't that we destroy mankind's desire to become greater, to explore and to realize its potential. Rather, my proposal is that they learn how to channel that desire productively without doing so selfishly. However, I have said my piece. I would like to hear what Urs Ignatus and Owl have to say about the needs of mankind, in addition to how those needs may be met."
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-11 at 08:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

- Thank you, Tarvin – Vintra was seemingly grateful – Now I have lost so many power to create something more, but in a short period I'm gonna create wonderful palace, there, in Aurora. It will be the most beautiful buildind in all Creation and you will sit with me on Twin Throne. And, the most interesting, while we will both inside, all plane will shine as a precious gem, being happy for reason of our unity. You will see brother – Vintra whispered gently, sending a smile to Tarvin.

Spoiler
    Show

Points before: 6 AP
    Overdue Decret: Aurora's Souls -5 AP
    „ I, Vintra, The Queen of Winter and Aurora, declare, what follows:
    • All living, sentient creatures have eternal souls.
    • Soul last after death of body, travel to Aurora and is judged by Me.
    • Good souls live enjoyable alterlife in reward of their deeds.
    • Bad souls are tormented by cold, wind and visions of sins they did on Material Plane.
    • Good souls are unbeaten, there are no power in Universe to do them any harm and even I cannot do so.
    • Bad souls cannot be tortured by other gods or beings, only own's sins and nature of Aurora can affect them.

By my own powers, be done.”

Actual AP: 1 AP
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2012-11-11 at 09:29 PM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Urs Ignatus returned to the City of Man, thinking of ways to defend it and help it to prosper.

First, the Towering Forge realized, he would need a realm of his own, from which to watch his creation. And so it was that he tugged on the threads of the tapestries of reality and wove ever more onto them, creating a plane, The Endless City.

Spoiler
    Show
    Plane-The Endless City-This is a city that stretches as far as the eye can see in every direction, even up and down. Buildings hide in the corner of the observer's eye until they are focused on, making one feel like the city is a great sphere that uncurls itself as it is walked through. Buildings made of every material hold all the inventions yet made by human kind, and have room for countless more to come. The sky is a giant jade and marble green cloudy expanse filled with brightly glowing lanterns made of shining precious metals.

His realm made, Urs Ignatus set about creating Orichalcum, a brassy metal with conductivity and malleability unknown in any other material so far, and Star Jade, a smooth, strong stone as hard as diamond, but as light and as sharp as steel, with a surface that revealed the skies of The Endless City when viewed just right. Urs then spread these precious materials through the swathe of land that the City of Man sat upon, and whispered locations of a few choice veins into the ears of sleeping mortals.

And finally, to defend the City of Man and the Endless City, Urs made golems of hardy brick and sharp steel and scattered them about the City of Man and his realm, giving them their general orders to follow when not obeying him.

"Defend this City, for it is your home
    Defend the humans who reside here, for this is their City
    Stand tall and proud, for you are my children
    And deliver my wrath, should it be gained, for you are my hammer

His work done, Urs Ignatus retired to the halls of The Endless City to watch his works patiently, opening his realm to his brother and sister gods with invitation.

He even set out a plate of cookies for the visitors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP 10
    Rollover+4
    Weave Plane -5
    Create Magical Concepts-Orichalcum and Star Jade, -6 total
    Alter Land to spread the Orichalcum and Star Jade-1
    Create Monstrous Life-Brick Golems-1

Leftover AP-1
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #40

Dinfale frowned as Urs Ignatus left the meeting. "How rude. He didn't even bother answering the question. Did he want to be involved with us at all?" Dinfale then turned towards Owl, though he could see that Owl was having trouble paying attention. Dinfale then hung his head. "It appears that I am nearly alone in my views, perhaps only aided by the star Vintra."

Dinfale then stood up and spoke more clearly.

"In the interest of not dragging our meeting out any further I propose an agreement of non-agression. If our views on what mankind needs and how those needs should be met are contrary to each other we will talk it out instead of coming to blows. And should we find ourselves incapable of coming to any kind of agreement we will not personally battle any humans that serve the other person. I propose this in the interest of preventing any kind of divine war waged on earth. Is this proposal acceptable to the two of you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap:10
    Create pantheon: -2 ap
    Ending ap: 8

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Slovien merely shrugged at the sun. If Cousin Tarvin wants to make Slovein the god of the night as well as the god of fear and undeath, than so be it. The growing fear of it turning night can in some ways be better than the constant knowledge of the undead being around you anyways. Perhaps at some point he can do more, but for him to make another cosmic decree he will need to grow stronger. Being the night god will give him that strength. He will make the night his own and make people fear it all the more so that they will not even feel safe in their homes.

He brainstormed a few ideas and let them loose. He created a variety of winged disease carrying vermin. Some will feed on human blood while others will not. Those foolish little humans will not tell the difference and may grow to fear even those that feed on nothing but fruits and bugs.

Another idea that he set loose was to create living shadows, pieces of darkness that lived in the night as well as small cramped places in the day that the Sun's light cannot reach. They will stalk the mortals and cause bring them fear and dread.

These however seemed small to his last big plan. It was then that Slovien decided that if the god of the light will have a throne, then so too will the god of the night.

Slovien reached into his robes and pulled out a silvery orb. The orb grew, bigger and bigger until he felt it was of suitable size, the Moon the god of fear decided to call it. It was a beautiful orb of a silvery glow, and since Slovien is the son of the god of the sea it seem the Moon held some power of the tides as well. However, fear must be what this beautiful object holds, not awe or wonder. And so Slovien created even greater shadows that were larger, smarter, and stronger than the ones on earth. They would create visions of horror and dread on the surface of this moon, just in case the humans forget who the night belongs to. They would need to stay on the moon due to the creators decree, but that is just fine.

This drained him, as Slovien knew he spent more than needed to be recognized as the god of the night, but he fell it was worth it nonetheless. He will need to wait until his right as the god of night can be recognized but he can be patient.

Spoiler
    Show
    8 AP
    +4 rollover
    -1 Create Life (Mundane): Bats
    -1 Create Life (Monstrous): Lesser Shadows
    -5 Forge Monument: The Moon: From the Moon Slovien may see anywhere where there is darkness or moonlight, but not when there is sunlight.
    -3 Create Life (Greater): Greater Shadows

2 remaining
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-12 at 11:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Zombie

<I agree to this measure, let this Pact of the First Ones be sealed by the Seas approval.>
    The Unspoken rises from his icy bench
    <I wish you luck with your unselfish humans, denied access to the undersea vistas or majestic heights. May they live long and prosper alongside their more, adapted, brethren.>

He vanishes, taking the terrified mortal who had been held captive by the God, the sound of a crashing wave signifying the departure of the Horror.

<Now then. What shall I do with you.> He spoke to the little being in his grasp.
    <You certainly wont do to live under my Seas, the sharks would have a feast and you would have no way of defending yourself or even surviving should you be avoided by the predators... Hmm, what if I did this...>
    The Deep One gestures and the lungs inside the main liquified, his internal organs stretching and reforming into one able to work with gills, the slits opening on the side of the being
    <Excellent, Now you can survive, but...What if I elongated the feet? Yes, yes that could work. I do not want to simply make a fish-tail in place of the legs for that would just look out of place. Yes, perfect. A few changes to the eyes and finished.>
    The merman, for that is what it was floated as both sunk into the briny depths
    <You are the First merman, you and your brethren will be the Humans of the Seas, at one with the water.>

He released the terror-struck man, watching him swim away, instinctively moving with the currents.

<Hmm, but I shall be busy, especially with that Urs stealing a piece of my Ocean to place his city. Mayhaps they need a guardian, someone to guide their paths. Yes, that is suitable. Drexoroth! I name thee Guardian of the Mermen, Arise from the Seas to serve me and guide this form of Man.>
    A spark of the divine glows from the depths, rising up from the inky blackness

Spoiler
    Show
    17AP
    -1 Join Pantheon: Pact of the First Ones
    -2 Create Sentient Life: Mermen. These are Humans with the ability to survive under the seas, but not on the land. Their feet designed for swift movement in the currents.

14AP left.
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-11-12 at 12:07 AM.

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Owl wiped away its inattentiveness. Yes, the skies changed, but that is the nature of moving things--to move. "What an interesting axiom," she cooed, "To have already chosen your selective philosophies." It gazed out and onward, not to any particular moment or collective. "And the question is of form or mind, to your eyes. To build upon brotherhood and to guide mankind into moral absolutes, or to change the body beyond its capabilities. To the first, I have hesitations about absolute law. And the latter, to fringe upon the first's design is not worthy of my own time." It paused in a moment that ached. "Perhaps then, the best manner or course of action at this time is to allow each of you the chance to show your questions unto the world, and to extract each your own answers. Yes." Owl spread her wings, and took to the sky once more. Her voice carried, still. "Already, our brother, the fourth, creates. He does not wait upon debate, but merely acts as he sits fit. Even now, the stars convene into divinity as you have said, and they create and deem. Let us view upon the nature of consequences."
    TAB Owl swept over the City of Man, and made great circles. It found a liking of this gathering, and thus spoke to Urs Ignatus. "You convene the mortals, as our brother, the third, had sought to convene us gods. The question becomes, is it effective to debate over matters? Let us see this inquiry through." She descended into the city, becoming a tiny mote among the mortals. She flew from mind to mind, and sought out the desirable bits. "Do not feel that I intrude upon your domain, brother," it said to Urs Ignatus. It spread its wings wide once more, and arranged a great construction of bricks and arches, of shelves and of empty books ready to be written. "I have taken your design, and made it to my own will, in the interest of us all. Now, allow the mortals to come, and to discuss."
    TAB And a tower loomed over the city, alight with the fires of sun and star. It was a severe kind of building, one of menacing capabilities, but also of potential beauty. The kind of raw beauty that comes from something untapped, unexploited, ready for great change, that it burns inside your mind's eye and compels you to expose your truest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 7. (16) - (3, Weave Sanctum; The Great Library) - (2, Form Order; The Circle Parliment.) - (1, Create Concept; Teaching and Learning) (3, Gain Domain; Good (Order)).

GOOD (ORDER); (3) Create Race, Stars; (2) Form Order, The Circle Parliment; (1) Create Concept, Teaching and Learning.

The Great Library is both a building in the City of Man (not Urs Ignatus' own plane, the Endless City, though some halls might lead there) and Owl's personal rook. It is a great tower, filled with many empty rooms, waiting to be filled with mortal knowledge. The highest point is a great aviary, where Owl and other gods may visit, but is mostly kept locked to mortals.

The Circle Parliment is a gathering of intellectuals, to discuss the matters of the verse. Their eventual purpose will be to govern the forces of magic, but most of those don't exist yet. Currently could be filled with priests using holy magic, and master smiths using Orichalcum and Star Jade. They also serve as teachers to new students within the Great Library.

Furthermore, if no one's really got anything to it, writing is formalized as a concept under Teaching and Learning.
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2012-11-12 at 09:26 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Drexoroth rises from the sea, his creator and father-the Unspoken-has given him lifeand powers that no mortal could ever expect to get. But he had also been given a task that he had to follow. But Drexoroth isn't one for following what others say, he sees his bretheren, merfolk. They are pitiful beings, made to follow the rules of what ever their creator says. He decides he should make his own group of people, those that do not just live on the bottom of the sea, cowering from the world above. Pirates they are to be called, they will be able to survive on land and under the water. They will be free from any laws, and they will do what they must to survive, by living the life of an outlaw. He took twelve of the mermen and changed them, not only physically but mentally, they looked more like men now, but with gills, they can breath both above and below the water from lungs and gills. Their legs became human-like, but webbed between the toes so that they can swim and walk on land.

But he also changed them mentally, these would be dashing pirates, not just men, they thrived for freedom to sail the seas and pillage towns. But he also gave them a conciounce so that they won't kill inoccent beings for fun and that the only laws they will obey is what their heart and brain tell them to do. But, these great beings needed somewhere to live, and what better place than on a house that sails the sea: a ship! It will also be a method of travel for non-pirates as well. And so became the pirates, lords of the sea.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15+4 rollover
    Form Order: Pirates, lords of the seas 2 AP
    Boon: Make pirates amphibians 3 AP
    Create Lesser concept: Sailing 1 AP
    Create Lesser concept: Piracy 1 AP
    Gain Domain: Pirates (Freedom) 3 AP

19-10 -9 AP

I used form order and boon instead of their lower AP alternatives because I want to make pirates as strong as I can. I hope this isn't pushing the boundries of making another race, it's more making humans breath underwater/merfolk breath above water, than a new race.

Working towards: Pirates (freedom) 7/7
    Form Order: Pirates, lords of the seas 2 AP
    Boon: Make pirates amphibians 3 AP
    Create Lesser concept: Sailing 1 AP
    Create Lesser concept: Piracy 1 AP
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2012-11-12 at 11:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Dinfale frowned. Then he spoke simultaneously to the Unspoken and the Owl. "I am not strictly speaking against giving gifts to mankind that will change what he is capable of. I am, however, against not teaching mankind right from wrong."

He then thought quietly for a moment, reflecting on how he had made this plane for the purposes of harmony, had created the Pact of the First Ones to further good, healthy relationships between the lords.

And then he remembered the feeling of fear that the Unspoken had been, and how he had made that fear tangible, had given it voice and thought. And he became angry! And somewhat irrational. "Why is it that the Owl would choose not to join us in the pact? Is he planning on attacking mankind? And am I so boring as to cause Urs Ignatus to simply leave my presence, specifically before I could tell him about the pact?..." Dinfale then became quite angry.

"By golly, I will make him listen to my idea, and if he doesn't join us..." he left the thought unfinished in favor of teleporting to earth. Upon arriving he slammed his fist into his open palm, sending shockwaves through the atmosphere and into the ground he was standing upon. KABOOOM! Whomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwom. And then Dinfale heard a sound, like the beating of a heart. Whumpwumpwhumpwump. And as he listened closely, he became terrified. "What have I done? I am the one that has preached for harmonious relationships, and now I have begat a Terror into the world." And with that he fled to Urs Ignatus.

"Urs, I know that I was boring, but please listen, I will make this short. I proposed a pact right after you left, and it was thus: If our views on what mankind needs and how those needs should be met are contrary to each other, we will talk it out instead of coming to blows. And should we find ourselves incapable of coming to any kind of agreement we will not personally battle any humans that serve the other person. I proposed this in the interest of preventing any kind of divine war waged on earth. The Unspoken joined in the pact. Will you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Created plane for a place for the lords to talk out their differences. (5 ap) Created a pact (pantheon) to hinder strife among the lords and humans (2ap) Gained domain Harmony (relationships).

Starting ap:8
    Gain domain Harmony (relationships): -3
    Ending ap: 5

Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-12 at 11:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

The Great Flock

While Suloea's brother flew and wandered within her great flock another part of her was else where - flying with wind beneath her wings. Alone, yet never lonely, (her feathered friends at her side, and part of her as she was part of them) Serene, beyond mischance (for they flew north, as one flock, birds of prey and birds of song - the murderous shrike and the purest swan) The world was theirs, her only (looking down from above, casting their shadows upon pirates and the city of man - they flew onwards).

Flight is freedom in its purest form, To dance with the clouds which follow a storm; To roll and glide, to wheel and spin, To feel the joy that swells within; To leave the earth with its troubles and fly, And know the warmth of a clear spring sky; Then back to earth at the end of a day, Released from the tensions which melted away. The sky was hers and theirs and what diffidence between the two was lost in the blue - and yet.... distaste. Grossness in the back of their beaks and they saw beneath them walking things, and those who swam beneath the waves in fear. Their shadows touched them and then passed over and each raven's eye shrewdly noticed - they had no wings... and could not appreciate the sky and only looked at the birds in jealousy and the birds grew rightfully proud.

Suloea sang a song, and was taken up by each bird in turn - high pitched with melody, copied over and over harmoniously it became a beautiful gentle wind, and the grand flock flew together and then descended to rest amid falling feathers. And Suloea at the spot (far far away from the city of man or where man ever strode) - raised a grand mountain, full of trees and twigs suitable for nests and crags and small holes suitable for eyries. And at the pinnacle of the mountain was a nest made of a single feather from each bird that ever was - white dove and black crow, brown pigeon and the garish peacock. And in this nest was a great Roc; the king of birds, and his feathered court which nested all over the great mountain.

Where was Suloea? She was the birds, all of them - she was the flock. And from the feathered heights she looked upon the works of the other gods, and seethed at their earthbound forms: the shadows of her feathered congregation cast themselves over human and merfolk and Suloea nested - content and smug.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 14:

[1] Create monstrous life: Roc. A regal gigantic bird of prey. A roc is big enough to carry off a human off in one of its claws and it's beak is large enough to bite a humans head clean off. While in the description i said a court and king of Roc's exist - that is not the case - they are merely the biggest predator among the feathered species .

[1] Alter Land: The Feathered Throne. A great mountain existing on the opposite side of the world from where the City of Man lies. The Feathered throne is the natural nesting place of every species of bird in the world. At it's pinnacle is a large nest made out of the feathers of every bird species in the world - in that nest is the eldest Roc. The mountain itself isn't anything special - it is not the tallest, nor is it like a needle piercing the sky. It is merely the home of the birds. Most birds including the Roc, do not hunt or kill each other while on the Feathered Throne

[3] Gain Domain Sky (Arrogance)
    1 Roc
    1 Feathered Throne
    5 Inconceivable

AP 9
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-12 at 01:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Great Flock

The Griffon stood in the center of a great multitude of birds. He flew in the conflux of a descent of woodpeckers, the fall of woodcocks, a plump of wildfowl, great colonies of vultures and gulls, a brood of turkeys, springs of teals, Bevy of swans, a mustering of storks, flights of swallows, murmurations of starlings, the great hosts of sparrows, wisps of snipes, packs of grouse, large buildings of rooks, kettle of hawks, the unkindness of ravens and the murder of crows.

The Griffon flew among the feathers of the coveys of quails, a holy congregation of plovers, a bouquet of pheasants, the ostentation of peacocks, amid the company of parrots, watched over by the parliaments of owls, skein of geese and goslings, and the watch of nightingales, richness of martens, the sords of mallards, a tidings of magpies and the divine exaltation of larks.

The Griffon searched within the flapping of the scolds of jays, charms of hummingbirds, and solemn wakes of buzzards, sedge of herons, shoal of herrings and even the flocks of chickens and chattering of chicks, under the covers of coots, and flight of cormorants, amid the siege of cranes and piteousness of doves, the flush of ducks and the grand convocation of eagles.

The magnificent flock - the convocation, composed of all the birds in the world, the righteous and the pure - for the air and it's creations, were the first beings made - well the first beings made that were cast into the sky - the ones closest to divinity unlike the those who walked on the dirty earth. They looked down and more importantly cast their shadows upon their inferiors. The purest and the grandest, the ones up high. And from the beaks of all the birds in the flock, at the same time, from up high and from each side and angle the birds - Suloea - answered.

"I am Here Brother"

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP + 4 Rollover.

Gain ability: Inconceivable: Suloea is composed of basically every bird in existence. She is a great flock - all of the birds are part of her and are her. Even for a god it is hard to make sense of, as so she is hard to understand and is inconceivable in that respect.

AP 14 AP
    Aeolus jumped when he heard his sister reply. "Ah!" He looked around at all the birds and scratched his head. "I don't get it. Why not take on one fantastical form instead of many mundane forms? It's much more fun that way! He flew out of the giant mass of birds. "Speaking of fun, how does making humans much more dramatic sound?"
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

The Great Flock

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
    Aeolus jumped when he heard his sister reply. "Ah!" He looked around at all the birds and scratched his head. "I don't get it. Why not take on one fantastical form instead of many mundane forms? It's much more fun that way! He flew out of the giant mass of birds. "Speaking of fun, how does making humans much more dramatic sound?"

The birds flew in well defined prearranged patterns, they followed the wind and the currents in the air, flying with through no effort and singing and shrieking. At first they emitted their harsh caws and singsong tweets until in one unified voice they spoke down to their brother - and around and up to, for they surrounded him in a flurry of feathers and talons.

"This form is the grandest their could be, what is mundane except that which walks along the dirt, in the air my birds are holy and divine, exalted and pious - and in their piety they exalt me. As for those creatures that lay earthbound, let them wallow in their filth, if you wish to give of yourself, give to me, to those of feathers, the rulers of sky."
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-12 at 01:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bryn0528 View Post
    Owl wiped away its inattentiveness. Yes, the skies changed, but that is the nature of moving things--to move. "What an interesting axiom," she cooed, "To have already chosen your selective philosophies." It gazed out and onward, not to any particular moment or collective. "And the question is of form or mind, to your eyes. To build upon brotherhood and to guide mankind into moral absolutes, or to change the body beyond its capabilities. To the first, I have hesitations about absolute law. And the latter, to fringe upon the first's design is not worthy of my own time." It paused in a moment that ached. "Perhaps then, the best manner or course of action at this time is to allow each of you the chance to show your questions unto the world, and to extract each your own answers. Yes." Owl spread her wings, and took to the sky once more. Her voice carried, still. "Already, our brother, the fourth, creates. He does not wait upon debate, but merely acts as he sits fit. Even now, the stars convene into divinity as you have said, and they create and deem. Let us view upon the nature of consequences."
    TAB Owl swept over the City of Man, and made great circles. It found a liking of this gathering, and thus spoke to Urs Ignatus. "You convene the mortals, as our brother, the third, had sought to convene us gods. The question becomes, is it effective to debate over matters? Let us see this inquiry through." She descended into the city, becoming a tiny mote among the mortals. She flew from mind to mind, and sought out the desirable bits. "Do not feel that I intrude upon your domain, brother," it said to Urs Ignatus. It spread its wings wide once more, and arranged a great construction of bricks and arches, of shelves and of empty books ready to be written. "I have taken your design, and made it to my own will, in the interest of us all. Now, allow the mortals to come, and to discuss."
    TAB And a tower loomed over the city, alight with the fires of sun and star. It was a severe kind of building, one of menacing capabilities, but also of potential beauty. The kind of raw beauty that comes from something untapped, unexploited, ready for great change, that it burns inside your mind's eye and compels you to expose your truest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 7. (16) - (3, Weave Sanctum; The Great Library) - (2, Form Order; The Circle Parliment.) - (1, Create Concept; Teaching and Learning) (3, Gain Domain; Good (Order)).

GOOD (ORDER); (3) Create Race, Stars; (2) Form Order, The Circle Parliment; (1) Create Concept, Teaching and Learning.

The Great Library is both a building in the City of Man (not Urs Ignatus' own plane, the Endless City, though some halls might lead there) and Owl's personal rook. It is a great tower, filled with many empty rooms, waiting to be filled with mortal knowledge. The highest point is a great aviary, where Owl and other gods may visit, but is mostly kept locked to mortals.

The Circle Parliment is a gathering of intellectuals, to discuss the matters of the verse. Their eventual purpose will be to govern the forces of magic, but most of those don't exist yet. Currently could be filled with priests using holy magic, and master smiths using Orichalcum and Star Jade. They also serve as teachers to new students within the Great Library.

Furthermore, if no one's really got anything to it, writing is formalized as a concept under Teaching and Learning.

Urs Ignatus saw the works of the Owl and smiled. Now the humans would have a place to debate and to learn from one another and the world! Their race was one step closer to greatest prosper!

Spoiler
    Show
    "I see what you have done in the City of Man, sister, and I am pleased. A place of wonder in a city of wonder, appropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    Dinfale frowned. Then he spoke simultaneously to the Unspoken and the Owl. "I am not strictly speaking against giving gifts to mankind that will change what he is capable of. I am, however, against not teaching mankind right from wrong."

He then thought quietly for a moment, reflecting on how he had made this plane for the purposes of harmony, had created the Pact of the First Ones to further good, healthy relationships between the lords.

And then he remembered the feeling of fear that the Unspoken had been, and how he had made that fear tangible, had given it voice and thought. And he became angry! And somewhat irrational. "Why is it that the Owl would choose not to join us in the pact? Is he planning on attacking mankind? And am I so boring as to cause Urs Ignatus to simply leave my presence, specifically before I could tell him about the pact?..." Dinfale then became quite angry.

"By golly, I will make him listen to my idea, and if he doesn't join us..." he left the thought unfinished in favor of teleporting to earth. Upon arriving he slammed his fist into his open palm, sending shockwaves through the atmosphere and into the ground he was standing upon. KABOOOM! Whomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwomwhomwom. And then Dinfale heard a sound, like the beating of a heart. Whumpwumpwhumpwump. And as he listened closely, he became terrified. "What have I done? I am the one that has preached for harmonious relationships, and now I have begat a Terror into the world." And with that he fled to Urs Ignatus.

"Urs, I know that I was boring, but please listen, I will make this short. I proposed a pact right after you left, and it was thus: If our views on what mankind needs and how those needs should be met are contrary to each other, we will talk it out instead of coming to blows. And should we find ourselves incapable of coming to any kind of agreement we will not personally battle any humans that serve the other person. I proposed this in the interest of preventing any kind of divine war waged on earth. The Unspoken joined in the pact. Will you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Created plane for a place for the lords to talk out their differences. (5 ap) Created a pact (pantheon) to hinder strife among the lords and humans (2ap) Gained domain Harmony (relationships).

Starting ap:8
    Gain domain Harmony (relationships): -3
    Ending ap: 5

"I apologize for my absence in presence and mind, brother, and agree to your suggestion. It would not do for we gods, greatest of beings, to wage war on our children over petty arguments. I will agree to your terms heartedly, that the humans may prosper in their time."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-11-12 at 02:29 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

20. - Top - End - #50

The great cosmic bird ruffled its feathers, and flew upon divine winds in the starry sky. Her voice carried, thundered and boomed, and then she appeared before Dinfale and Urs Ignatus. "Rash, conceited fool," its dark and infinite eyes stare down the man-god. "Do not impune me because I do not settle for your own philosophy, and do not be so quick to judge the world into right and wrong." She crackled, like lightning, a peaceful reminder that they sky is its domain. "I would eat you, like the small field mouse you are, were you to speak my name in foul tongues again."
    TAB It spread its wings wide, and astral light scattered. Rushing winds passed where there was none. "Should it please you, first," a word spat from her beak, "I would lend myself to your own cause, at having gone to lengths to ensure it myself while you slander behind my back. I would remind you of my own position, and my own power."

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 1. (7) - (5, Gain Ability; Source of Arcane) - (1, Join Pantheon).

21. - Top - End - #51

Dinfale grimaced angrily, before sighing and hanging his head in shame.

"You are right, Owl. I do not know how you heard me, but that doesn't make me any more right for saying what I did about you. I have both spoken and acted rashly, and I humbly apologize for speaking ill of you. You do indeed please me by joining in the pact, and I must admit that I am humbled that you have done so when you had every right to refuse. If there is a gift that I might make for you, please speak of it. I will see if it is within my power to do so."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am effectively offering to make a relic for your character, Bryn, just so you know. And Techno, as I told Necron, you actualy have to spend 1 ap to join the pantheon. Otherwise it's just fluff.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Great Flock

The birds flew in well defined prearranged patterns, they followed the wind and the currents in the air, flying with through no effort and singing and shrieking. At first they emitted their harsh caws and singsong tweets until in one unified voice they spoke down to their brother - and around and up to, for they surrounded him in a flurry of feathers and talons.

"This form is the grandest their could be, what is mundane except that which walks along the dirt, in the air my birds are holy and divine, exalted and pious - and in their piety they exalt me. As for those creatures that lay earthbound, let them wallow in their filth, if you wish to give of yourself, give to me, to those of feathers, the rulers of sky."
    "Uh huh...." Aeolus sat on a cloud, wings folding to his sides. "The problem with that is that there's somewhat of a ban on not getting involved on humans if you get what I mean. Would you like them better if they could fly? Hey, why don't I go do that now?"

He dived through the cloud he was sitting on and landed in a grassy field where a group of human children were playing. "Hey! I'm the god Aeolus and how would you all like to fly like me? C'mon... don't be shy." After a few moments one of the kids nodded and then the rest of them started nodding. "Okay then there's no backing out now! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and a lifetime of adventure and flying!" One of the older kids started to speak. "But-" Then his mouth was suddenly replaced with a beak as winds started blowing around Aeolus and the kids, lifting them all up into a cloud as their bodies started to change.

When the winds died down a while later, everyone looked like a mix between a Griffon and a Human, including Aeolus. Aeolus stood up on wobbly legs and examined them. "Whoops, didn't mean to make myself more like you guys... what?" One of the kids, a girl, had starting laughing at Aeolus, pointing at him, "You're naked!" she shrieked. Then the rest of the kids started laughing at Aeolus as well. Aeolus looked down in between his legs and then at the kids. "Oh...? Pants right?" He fashioned a pair of pants for himself out of the cloud, the fabric being ridiculously comfortable and of the purest white color. "Now then! Lets goo!"

He dived off the cloud and fumbled around for a bit, having to find his center of gravity again. He got the hang of flying in this new form just in time to pull out of the dive before he hit the ground. He yelled out in delight as he flew back up to the cloud. The kids didn't seem to want to jump. "C'mon guys! Everyone has to leave the nest sooner or later! Here, I'll help!" He snapped his talons and then the cloud disappeared, sending the kids earthwards. Luckily all of them figured out flying at least soon enough to avoid hitting the ground... at least not too hard. He flew down to meet them, standing on the grass. After a few moments they all got up and ran over to Aeolus, stumbling a bit on their new legs. Aeolus grinned, "That was fun right?" The kids all nodded and grinned in return. "Well that's flying for ya! C'mon, let's go meet my sister? Be careful though, she's a bit... weird." He turned around and did a running jump into the air, flapping his wings and flying up back to his sister, the kids followed him as he landed on a cloud. He pulled one of the taller ones next to him into a side-hug, grinning like a mad-griffon-man. "Howdya like them now Sis! They can fly just like birds can now! more or less I call them Aeolians!"

Spoiler
    Show
    19 AP = 15 AP + 4 AP Rollover
    3 AP Create Greater Life Aeolians: Half-human half-griffons, created from a group of children Aeolus found playing in a field. They can walk on clouds.
    5 AP Divine Covenant with Aeolians
    11 AP left
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-11-12 at 04:45 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

23. - Top - End - #53

Owl lowered its spanning wings and ruffled its feathers. "Well," she spoke, all cosmos leaving her tone. This one does not fight, it recorded to memory. "To speak a god's name is to make it be heard. At least I find so for myself. I had not truly left this place, just gone and spun my hand... er, talons, into something new." Its eyes shone greedily. "Should you make me a gift, it should be a fine one." Already again, her eyes drifted somewhere new, and she found herself taking flight. "Leave it in my resting place, should you finish the task, atop the tower in the Great Library. I will find it there." It cooed, and disappeared into the heavens.

24. - Top - End - #54

Zombie

The Unspoken watches as his son takes this creation, molding them again into the form of his own.
    Satisfied the Mermen are in good hands he vanishes, the sound of waves drowned out by the Actual waves

Appearing over the annexed territory of Earth
    <URS IGNATUS! I would speak with the usurper of my Seas. You could have formed your city of humans ANYWHERE on the vast plains of Earth but instead you steal some of my Ocean!
    I will soon fix this.>
    The vengeful sea roars up, a massive tidal wave shadowing the beaches the whole way around the enormous Earthen continent
    <Water of the Ocean, soak the plain of Earth, divide it into many smaller forms as you make your path through them, cutting through any obstacles in your path.>
    The water coalesces into many towers of pure water, roaring with rage at the blasphemy of Earth expanding so soon after being created simply for a city.
    These 'Rivers' as they would come to be called cut lines of rock, moving in perfectly straight lines from any point on the coast, crisscrossing several times. The waters never diverting, running up and down mountains, ignoring gravity as they carved pure lines. Each river digging a set amount into the dirt, always the same the whole way along (unless crossing a deeper river), running up and down hills without increasing or decreasing furrows

In the very center of the continent several rivers converge, spilling their banks to form a massive lake, ringed by mountains to retain the basin of water.
    The divine power of the Unspoken infusing this place
    <Here in the very center of the Conquering Earth shall lie the Wellspring, from where the Monsters that will become as Legend will spring from. The scourge upon which will haunt the land-bound as punishment for their Greed.>

As the Unspoken watches the first few Horrors pull thmselves from the filling basin
    "My Lord we are Monsters of the Earth, how may we serve you." The first says
    The Deep One smiles and commands <Go forth and combat the denizens of this land, paying specific attention to those who possess the Greed to take what is not theirs. Become that which is feared and spoken of in whispers throughout the entire day, as the Skeletons and Zombies are feared only in the night but leave those that are self-less the ones that would not take anothers, through theft or advantage.>

The 5 forms of Horror nod as more spring forth, forming into monstrous forms made of water before they step out of the Wellspring and take on flesh and blood, letting the outgoing Rivers take them, spreading them throughout the Earth to Hunt.

The God vanishes from sight in the mountains, reappearing next to Dinfale and Urs Ignatus
    <You stole some of my Seas. So I stole some of the Earth right back. You had the whole wide continent to place your City but instead covered my beautiful deep Seas with rock and then built a city for land-dwellers on it. That is the Epitome of Greed, to take what is owned by someone else for use when you have enough land for yourself.
    I believe I shall aid Dinfale in developing the spiritual and moral connection of these Mortals by forcing them to Adapt. Behold the first Horrors, the Trackers of Greed. I believe this shall be a suitable punishment and no further action is required for your theft AND helps build the world we oversee.>

Spoiler
    Show
    15AP
    -1 Alter Land: The Rivers of Rage
    These rivers always run in one direction, from the entrance to the exit on the other side of the Earth, varying from massive kilometer long channels digging deep into the ground to tiny rivers a rabbit can jump without getting their feet wet. Nothing can prevent or divert their path, they attempt to cut or sweep away any diversion or build up and overflow above the obstruction if made of something impossible to wear away from the cutting force of water

-1 Alter Land: The Wellspring of Horrors
    From here forms the Horrors of Emotion, made from the pure water filtered in by the Rivers of Rage that lead to this place.
    Several Rivers lead to and from this place, running between the peaks of the Mountains that hold the water from flooding the Earth. Not all the Water that enters becomes a Horror and not all Rivers connected are moving towards, some acting as funnels for too much water or methods of carrying the Scourge of the Greedy to their prey

-5 Create Monstrous Life: Horrors of Fear, Sadness, Calm, Envy and Surprise
    The 5 forms of Horror made in the Wellspring, representing 5 of the 6 Emotions of Uncreation (Sloth being the lonely one that I have other plans for)
    Fear: Has the ability to provoke pure fear and terror in all that behold it, leaving all but the most strong-willed cowering
    Sadness: Forces a Human that hears it speak relive all the sad moments they have caused others
    Calm: Produces lethargy in it's opponents, making them weak and slow
    Envy: Whispers in everyones mind to provoke discord and betrayal among it's enemies
    Surprise: Has no ability that affects its opponents, instead focusing on itself, being insanely fast and agile always taking the offensive to seek the unguarded in their time of weakness before the battle truly starts

-1 Bless: Greed-Tracking
    Any Horror can track a person who is innately Greedy (like a fat wealthy merchant who rips off their customers) like a bloodhound can a rabbit. Greed is a smell they can track

-1 Bless: Selfless Immunity
    The truly selfless among the Mortals are exempt from the huntings of the Horror, the ones that oppose the Greedy and donate to charitable causes regularly are Selfless and invisible to a Horror's sight

6AP left

Sorry everyone

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    While waiting for the appearance of Owl, Dinfale slowly waved his hands over the earth beneath him, playing with the soil via his divine power. Using his connection to the earth, he felt through the rocks nearby, listening to the silence they offered. He found he was slightly disappointed that there was no life in the rocks, and that what life was in the plants nearby was not connected to the rocks. He briefly had a thought that such disappointment was both illogical and odd, but he dismissed it in favor of giving life. So he called out to the rocks and the soil, the boulders and the grass. He called out and listened for a reply. At first, nothing happened, but then he heard it. A new beat of life within the rocks and the plants, coalescing and coming together. And he smiled, pleased that a good work had begun.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's your cue, Eshkigal. Post away, buddy.

Much time passed after Dinfale left part of his divine power in the stones of the world. But isn't that what every plant, from the smallest weed to the greatest tree, needed? Around a forested hill, dozens of trees grew their roots down, together, around the spark. They grew through the stone, the soil, rearranging everything below the surface. They grew deep, piercing metals which they wrap around, to make bones. For who knows how long, they grow, and mold the land, growing ever more tied to the spark and the soil.
    Until one day, they rise. The ground around the hill heaves, mighty plates piercing the surface, vines and roots visible just below the surface. Four mighty legs, woven from the ores of the earth and the roots of the mightiest trees burst from the ground, and from a massive hollow, a head weaves itself from the boulders and the nearby plantlife. Upon the former hill, plants of all kinds burst from it, covering the whole thing as Nordul the Lord of Plants arose, taking his first breaths.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"All the world's seas and you could not spare even a few acres for the prosper of our beloved humans?" Urs Ignatus shook his head, "I believe it is you who are consumed by greed, Unspoken One. But I will allow this. The humans will need a force to drive them to good, and what is better at that than a fear of evil?"

Of course, none would know that Urs secretly saw the rivers as a beautiful example of how flowing water could add to art, and even now was adding smaller rivers to his realm...

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and minus one AP so I can join that pantheon/pact thing, leaving me with one last AP this week.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Uh huh...." Aeolus sat on a cloud, wings folding to his sides. "The problem with that is that there's somewhat of a ban on not getting involved on humans if you get what I mean. Would you like them better if they could fly? Hey, why don't I go do that now?"

He dived through the cloud he was sitting on and landed in a grassy field where a group of human children were playing. "Hey! I'm the god Aeolus and how would you all like to fly like me? C'mon... don't be shy." After a few moments one of the kids nodded and then the rest of them started nodding. "Okay then there's no backing out now! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime and a lifetime of adventure and flying!" One of the older kids started to speak. "But-" Then his mouth was suddenly replaced with a beak as winds started blowing around Aeolus and the kids, lifting them all up into a cloud as their bodies started to change.

When the winds died down a while later, everyone looked like a mix between a Griffon and a Human, including Aeolus. Aeolus stood up on wobbly legs and examined them. "Whoops, didn't mean to make myself more like you guys... what?" One of the kids, a girl, had starting laughing at Aeolus, pointing at him, "You're naked!" she shrieked. Then the rest of the kids started laughing at Aeolus as well. Aeolus looked down in between his legs and then at the kids. "Oh...? Pants right?" He fashioned a pair of pants for himself out of the cloud, the fabric being ridiculously comfortable and of the purest white color. "Now then! Lets goo!"

He dived off the cloud and fumbled around for a bit, having to find his center of gravity again. He got the hang of flying in this new form just in time to pull out of the dive before he hit the ground. He yelled out in delight as he flew back up to the cloud. The kids didn't seem to want to jump. "C'mon guys! Everyone has to leave the nest sooner or later! Here, I'll help!" He snapped his talons and then the cloud disappeared, sending the kids earthwards. Luckily all of them figured out flying at least soon enough to avoid hitting the ground... at least not too hard. He flew down to meet them, standing on the grass. After a few moments they all got up and ran over to Aeolus, stumbling a bit on their new legs. Aeolus grinned, "That was fun right?" The kids all nodded and grinned in return. "Well that's flying for ya! C'mon, let's go meet my sister? Be careful though, she's a bit... weird." He turned around and did a running jump into the air, flapping his wings and flying up back to his sister, the kids followed him as he landed on a cloud. He pulled one of the taller ones next to him into a side-hug, grinning like a mad-griffon-man. "Howdya like them now Sis! They can fly just like birds can now! more or less I call them Aeolians!"
    The various birds flew around the Aeolians and looked at them with shrewd eyes. Curious eyes full of displeasure. The birds hopped from shoulder to forearm, and flew between and around the newcomers to the sky. Some birds pecked at their skins, and the Aeolians cried out in surprised pain, other birds nested in their hair, softer than twigs for sure. Still the greater number of birds simply flew in their patterns and continued in their play - paying them no heed. They sang and they cawed, and then in one voice all the birds spoke. The birds in their maelstorm, the birds trying to get to the juicy looking eyes the Aeolians contained, even the birds peacefully nesting in the soft down fair hair....

"Birds they are not. You should not have elevated them up so high, they are mere children and will not survive the coming storms. Yet they are a vast improvement over their horrible parents. I shall acquiescence to their existence, as long as they act like air born nobles as befitting their god given wings - and respect their predecessors in the sky with obedience and worship."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nordul watched, seeing the tides of undead facing the throngs of humanity, and shook his head in sadness. The world didn't even know how to keep itself safe, and already such dire threats arose? He strode down, through the lands, a sea of green following him in his wake as he came to the first of many human settlements, watching him with fear and trepidation. Seeing their concern, he chuckled.
    "Fear not, small ones. I come to teach you how to guard yourselves with shells of stone and metal, build walls of stone and wood, grow food so you may not go hungry and may have plenty. All I seek is but a few moments, and that you spread this knowledge for me as well."
    And thus he spoke, and the masses became enlightened, and those who heard his words spread the teachings across their community, through their village, until like wildfire his teachings had caught on, humanity showing the profits of his tutelage. And he saw his word heeded, and smiled.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 19
    5 AP: Herald of Life-Nordul embodies a massive amount of life in the realms. As such, he has close ties to creation magic
    1 AP: form society: Now, even mortals not in the City form villages, and know how to craft armor and grow crops.
    Remaining AP: 13
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-14 at 02:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Dinfale turned towards Urs Igantus and bowed. "Thank you for joining so heartilly in the pact. I'm glad to see someone else is so enthusiastic about it. Forgive me though, I must depart. I do believe that I owe Owl a gift..."

Dinfale then stepped back into his plane. "Hmmm, what to make, what to make..." Dinfale's eyes then lit up. "Ah ha!" He then set himself to gathering much metal from his plane. After doing so he heated the metal and purified it. Once done with that, Dinfale shaped the metal into what at first resembled a deep bowl. Carefully molding it, he finished shaping the golden helmet. "And for a finishing touch..." Dinfale then took a smaller piece of metal and made a crest on the front, two wings coming off of a tall cumulonimbus cloud with lightning striking downwards underneath the cloud. "That ought to do it."

After finishing the Helmet of the Clouds, Dinfale stepped through space and into Owl's sanctum. He then gently placed the Helmet on a red pillow. "I do hope he likes it. I'm quite tired and won't be able to make a new one," Dinfale thought to himself. He then stepped away again, seeking out his progeny.

After arriving, Dinfale spoke in a clear voice, "Hello, Nordul. Welcome to earth. I have a proposal to make with you: If our views on what mankind needs and how those needs should be met are contrary to each other, we will talk it out instead of coming to blows. And should we find ourselves incapable of coming to any kind of agreement we will not personally battle any humans that serve the other person. I proposed this in the interest of preventing any kind of divine war waged on earth. I will let you know that three others have made this pact. Urs Ignatus, the Towering Forge, The Unspoken, and the great mystical Owl all agreed to it. I am the one that created the pact. Will you join us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap:5
    Created relic "Helmet of the Clouds": -4 ap (+1 def die)
    ending ap: 1
    Just so you know, the pillow thing was just fluff.
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2012-11-13 at 11:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"You are my Father. Why would I not? All I seek is that they and other races know how to keep themselves and others safe. Now, to seal this, a small gift, to all the Lords."

He shakes his back, and a tree on his back opens thousands of buds, dropping innumerable seeds. A mighty gale whips up, snatching them from him and scattering them across the world, and the effects are almost immediately noticed as the world becomes covered in a new sea of green, forests of all kinds spreading from where he stands. In the sky, a new kind of plant bursts into existence from his seeds, great vines lined with sacks of gas lighter than air that are produced, fertilized by the birds and designed to absorb more from the sun, looking like tiny specks from below for now as they lash themselves together. Upon the volcanic peaks, another strange form of life grows, crystalline in form and a rich purple hew. When one volcano erupts, the trees, shrubs, and grass of crystal shatter, and once the lava flow settle, in this time of great growth, they spring back up, more plentiful than before. Even the depths of the seas aren't unaffected, sprouting plentiful forests of kelp, seaweed, and other vegetation for it's denizens.
    He smiles as he watches the humans begin their work, harvesting from the trees food and supplies to make shelters of their own.
    "Do you think they'll like them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 12
    Craft land: 12 have been spent to craft every kind of landscape imaginable, crafting forests, rainforests, tundras, kelp forests, my aerial gas vine gardens, my crystalline forests, and so on.
    Create life-gas garden 0AP (checked with Mystic, Herald of Life)
    Create life-crystalline forest 0 AP
    1 AP-Join Pantheon
    0 AP left.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-13 at 12:22 PM.