New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Dawn of Man, [IC]

Longer does Nordul wait, his power slowly growing as more life comes into the world. Another seed, again invisible to human eyes, takes flight from his back, landing in the heart of one who sought to protect others no matter the cost. As such, he felt...inspiration. The need to forge a suit of armor. The need to forge a new self. After weeks of toil, this blacksmith finally crafts a suit of impeccable white armor, setting out without knowing that he has the favor of the Nature God behind him, for some things...some things, man should believe are merely the works of man.
    The White Wall shall protect.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9 (3 start, 4 rank, 2 pantheon)
    Create Artifact (Armor of the White Wall)-3-an item Nordul decided to create through a skilled mortal craftsman, the Armor of the White Wall provides the wearer protection no mere suit of armor could. It is also enchanted so that it will always end up in the hands of those who seek to bring justice and protect those who can't protect themselves from some dire threat or another (ex: undead swarm too large to turn back)
    Raise Legend (The White Wall)-4; The White Wall is a man who shall go on to inspire many, but is a mortal man like any other. The mantle shall be passed down generations to the person who seeks to protect humanity the most, creating a mythos of an immortal hero fighting monsters that would fell anyone else, braving the depths of the world, and hopefully providing a foil to some of the more villainous chosen later.

Remaining AP: 2

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

The prodigal Owl watched above, carefully....
    TAB Thamil raised again the hammer above his head. One smooth motion up and down and then the molten ingot exploded in a furious shower of lightning and sparks. Repeat. Slowly the lump of metal shaped into the thin, delicate petals of a rose. Exquisite. Thamil dunked the rose into a bucket of water, and after it no longer hissed, presented it to the noble waiting at his market stall. "Another fine specimen, Embersmith," and the noble turns over a handful of coins. Thamil nods his thanks.
    TAB At the day's end, Thamil made the long walk through the city's winding roads. Cobblestones clicked under his boots, the wangs and pangs and slooshes and switches and swatches of every artisan filled his ears as he walked through the merchant's district. The houses here, rough stone bases and wooden posts, tops of wood and white stucco, red-clay shingles. The sun began to set, and in dusk, each merchant and artisan began to shuffle home. The panes of glass filled with soft candlelight as he walked by.
    TAB Thamil passed the industrial park, a section of town full of tall iron towers. Even in the night they did not stop seeping grey smoke--now red and pink in the twilight. Great furnaces burned, powering machinery, great wheels and cogs to unknown ends. Cutting logs, smelting ores, processing leather. He knew more about each machine than its actual purpose, having helped build each years before. He passed into the heart of the city.
    TAB Here a great tower stood, lofty arches brushing the grace of heaven itself. Once it gleamed white, but the industry's coal fires stained everything with soot. Somehow, the blanched grey of the towers buttresses did little to distract from the architecture's underlying purpose. This place was made by a god. He swung open a wooden door, not the great iron gates on the building's face for they were too heavy to move alone, but a side door for the coming and going of everyday people. The gates stayed closed except for great ceremony or dire emergency.
    TAB Thamil walked the halls, two rights and then a left. He found his office surrounded by waiting scholars. At first he thought them maybe students, but a second glance and he saw higher ranking individuals. "What is the nature of this?" he inquired. Dozens of eager eyes stared him down.
    TAB A woman named Sricha stepped forward. A council chair, the Head of Teleportation. "Thamil Embersmith," she said gravely, "Master Amberforge has... passed away." She nearly choked on the words. "You have been elected by the council to fill his position. Welcome, Master Embersmith."

Spoiler
    Show
    A little exposition into the Circle Parliament, and the plots to come.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock with her Brother

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
    Aeolus hmms and thinks about Suloea's answer to his question, "There's so many ways I could argue against what you just said, but I'm not going to because then we, well at least I and my Aeolians, would be stuck here forever. So I'm just going to stick with the answer 'birds are better than everything else because I said so'.

So instead I'll just answer your question about chicken coops!

A chicken coop is a small building made to keep chickens safe from the elements and various wild predatory animals, like Griffons! Well, when Griffons get made that is.
    Anyways, without chicken coops chickens wouldn't survive because of their status as domestic animals. Which means that if humans didn't take care of chickens, the poor birds would be left out in the cold and eaten by Griffons.
    Humans also don't build chicken coops just to provide a home for the chickens, otherwise there'd be no point to keeping chickens.
    The humans take the chicken's eggs, crack the eggs open, cook the egg whites and yolks, and then eat it. Pretty sure it's a good meal, also speaking of good meals, when a chicken gets too old to lay eggs they butcher the chicken, cook it, and eat it. Some humans actually raise chickens for just that purpose, to eat them.
    At this point though I think the best humans at it only raise enough chickens to butcher... say two-to-four of them every week so they can keep a stable population of chickens. They do that with a lot of domesticated animals actually! Cows, goats, sheep, pigs, dogs, horses, rodents, and sometimes even cats. No idea why a human would want to eat a cat though, it'd be like almost eating another human. Chickens though are yummy!"

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP = 11 AP + 4 AP Rollover

The birds in the air... stop... all is quite....

"They, enslave, use, and butcher birds...that... they steal the young from their eggs and eat them before they know the light of day or the feel of air underneath their wings?" the question was asked and it couldn't be unasked. The birds spoke in a shocked sob, heartbroken at her brother's utter lack of care.

The birds near the children eyed them fiercely, yet if birds could cry they were weeping at the apparent holocaust.

"Do you not see how this is wrong? What if birds fed on the babes of humans?! Atrocious, please give me your children so I may raise them better than ... these murderers on the ground. To think.... there will be retribution..."

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP + 5 Rollover = 7AP

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Flock with her Brother

The birds in the air... stop... all is quite....

"They, enslave, use, and butcher birds...that... they steal the young from their eggs and eat them before they know the light of day or the feel of air underneath their wings?" the question was asked and it couldn't be unasked. The birds spoke in a shocked sob, heartbroken at her brother's utter lack of care.

The birds near the children eyed them fiercely, yet if birds could cry they were weeping at the apparent holocaust.

"Do you not see how this is wrong? What if birds fed on the babes of humans?! Atrocious, please give me your children so I may raise them better than ... these murderers on the ground. To think.... there will be retribution..."

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP + 5 Rollover = 7AP
    Aeolus shrugs, "Well when you put it like that of course it sounds terrible, but is it no less terrible when your birds prey upon one another? Or perhaps when a Cuckoo pushes the eggs out of another bird's nest and lays her own in their place?

Chickens lay more eggs than will ever hatch, are very dumb, and are actually made to be used by humans in the first place.

You're pretty much the only one that even cares about the welfare of chickens anyways. You can't even argue that "all birds are made equal" when they obviously aren't.

And if birds fed on human babies, humans would start hunting down birds and killing them. Chickens are utterly incapable of doing that, they don't even notice that they're eggs are being taken anyways. All they care about is getting fed and having a home and humans provide both, and why can't humans take payment? It's not like humans will feel inclined to take care of dumb birds that can't even take care of themselves if they don't benefit from it after all. As long as chickens fall into the category of Domestic Animals, meaning animals raised, bred, and sometimes butchered for the use of humans, it will stay that way.

Aeolus stretches out and yawns and starts walking out from the center of the cloud he's on.

"Now then lets get going already! This debating is boring." He lets out an exaggerated yawn.
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-11-28 at 03:58 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aeolus shrugs, "Well when you put it like that of course it sounds terrible, but is it no less terrible when your birds prey upon one another? Or perhaps when a Cuckoo pushes the eggs out of another bird's nest and lays her own in their place?

Chickens lay more eggs than will ever hatch, are very dumb, and are actually made to be used by humans in the first place.

You're pretty much the only one that even cares about the welfare of chickens anyways. You can't even argue that "all birds are made equal" when they obviously aren't.

And if birds fed on human babies, humans would start hunting down birds and killing them. Chickens are utterly incapable of doing that, they don't even notice that they're eggs are being taken anyways. All they care about is getting fed and having a home and humans provide both, and why can't humans take payment? It's not like humans will feel inclined to take care of dumb birds that can't even take care of themselves if they don't benefit from it after all. As long as chickens fall into the category of Domestic Animals, meaning animals raised, bred, and sometimes butchered for the use of humans, it will stay that way.

Aeolus stretches out and yawns and starts walking out from the center of the cloud he's on.

"Now then lets get going already! This debating is boring." He lets out an exaggerated yawn.

"Birds are not all equals, some rise higher than others, others are trapped by cruel design on the filthy earth - but they are all birds. And Chickens weren't always domesticated - that very word is disgusting - humans took the noble junglefowl and turned it into a food source, a shadow, twisted and broken, a form far removed from its former glory. They are used, and abused, enslaved and mocked, their young eaten and then they are murdered. Birds do not murder they live by the laws of the sky, or survival and necessity. Even the shrike is not cruel when it impales another upon the rose thorns, but human never needed to do this - they torture the birds for their convenience. I am disturbed by your lack of empathy for my birds and for your support of their debasement. I wonder if your children will follow your example "
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-28 at 04:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Spoiler
    Show

"Birds are not all equals, some rise higher than others, others are trapped by cruel design on the filthy earth - but they are all birds. And Chickens weren't always domesticated - that very word is disgusting - humans took the noble junglefowl and turned it into a food source, a shadow, twisted and broken, a form far removed from its former glory. They are used, and abused, enslaved and mocked, their young eaten and then they are murdered. Birds do not murder they live by the laws of the sky, or survival and necessity. Even the shrike is not cruel when it impales another upon the rose thorns, but human never needed to do this - they torture the birds for their convenience. I am disturbed by your lack of empathy for my birds and for your support of their debasement. I wonder if your children will follow your example "
    Aeolus motions to go and stretches his wings out.
    "Less yapping, more flying 'kay? I don't bother myself much with the welfare of beings that are lesser than me without a good reason, so I'm done talking about chickens unless you're going to do something interesting with them."
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-11-28 at 04:40 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.

What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

7. - Top - End - #157

The ceremony was a quiet affair. Not a dry eye in the house. Except maybe for me, thought Thamil hastily. I'm the one getting ahead now, a thought he almost instantly regretted. To be truthful, his head was swimming with many thoughts, and the death of his previous master felt numb and empty.
    TAB The priest took a little drink from a jug before walking up the wooden platform. A long edged knife in his hand. Thamil tried not to wince. Thwack, the dull wet sound of meat against metal. Crack, the severing of sinews and bones. Looking away was a weakness, Thamil felt weak. Sricha next to him stood tall and resolute. She did not look down. Thamil felt only slightly ashamed. A hundred birds flew, screaming.
    TAB Afterward, the coronation. Not that he had a crown really, but just a formality to go through the motions. His head still felt as if underwater. Tsambi, Head of Holy Magic and the Council leader, delivered him his rights and oaths as a council chair and new Head of Fabrication. Thamil dully repeated the lines fed to him.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aeolus motions to go and stretches his wings out.
    "Less yapping, more flying 'kay? I don't bother myself much with the welfare of beings that are lesser than me without a good reason, so I'm done talking about chickens unless you're going to do something interesting with them."

"And you fault me with false superiority? Disturbing. Your lack of empathy is unsettling. For the safety of the birds and the development of your children, I will not allow you near the feathered throne until I witness more compassion. Regardless your children still have a choice do they not?."

The Birds flew in defined currents, shifting shadows, the sun fell between the many feathers in fractured spots. They spoke in one voice.

"Children those of you who wish to join me at the feathered throne and beyond, to rule the skies as nobles, civilized and respectful, may join the Flock in migration. Simply remember that you still live in the skies, whether you rule them along with the birds, or beneath their shadows. As such I will still expect civility."

And the flock always watches and Judges. It watches from the eyes of each bird, on the waking world and even in the afterlife where the winter birds live. When everything can be surveiled, all there is left is politeness. Act nobly for the Flock knows and disapproves.

Humans would say,

Do not revile the king even in your thoughts,
    or curse the rich in your bedroom,
    because a bird of the air may carry your words,
    and a bird on the wing may report what you say.

Little did they know how much the birds know - and that it mattered not where the messages where carried, for the birds themselves looked down from their perches.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote is from The Bible, Ecclesiastes 10:20 (New International Version)

AP 7

-5 Gain ability: Knowledge Broker: Since the followers of the convocation of feathers are the birds themselves, The Flock sees and hears and knows everything any bird knows. In the night from the eyes of owls and nighthawks, in the day underneath the wings of Rocs and eagles. Across planes in Aurora, the afterlife, where winter birds sat court - and even among the empty streets of the endless city. Under the eyes of birds, everything was seen and judged.

Ap 2
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-11-29 at 11:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Nordul is the first to notice the newcomer, and bows his head.
    "Greetings, Cousin of the Sky. I am Nordul, and though my associates seem busy in scheming up how to work upon a...joint project of sorts, I see you may take merriment in other talk. Do you like my works upon this world?"

Tarvin laughed in joy. "Merriment indeed! Nordul. It is an honor to meet my cousin. Are you truly responsible for this variance upon the earth? These myriad landscapes and worlds upon the surface are all your work? Truly, in their difference I thought them the creations of deities as varied as they! I am Tarvin, the King of Light. It is my golden throne which passes across the sky in the height of day, and from there I have seen all of creation. I praise your works, cousin. You have made this world beautiful for my eyes." Tarvin walked further into the clearing, his crown blazing full in beauty. The light filled the clearing, driving away all shadows, and the sensation was like looking into the sun itself. "And who are these who work on this joint project? One of you is my uncle, I feel, and the others cousins as well?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I praise yours as well, cousin. Truly, the glorious sun is a wondrous beauty of it's own, as are the ideas you plant in the minds of humanity. I will let our kin introduce themselves for the most part, but our Uncle, Urs Ignatus agreed to work with me to create beings of inspiration, to guide the humans even if one of us fades from this realm. Would you agree to this idea, Tavrin? I shall grant them life, one for every concept we make, but first inspiration needs to be born. Would you aid us in this?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock in Aurora.

As it was, the convocation of feathers, the Flock, flew in the skies of most of the realms of existence. They especially enjoyed the skies of Aurora. The winter dominium was a place of final rest, the sky was crystal clear - a slight chill in the air, that was enjoyed by the eternal parliament of owls. On the first layer of the plane - that which was like heaven for souls that were judged worthy and good - there existed a place that would be known as the Brumal Hollow.

This was the home of Owls, horned, screeching, wise or ominous. It was a silent place - not necessarily bleached of the happiness of the rest of the wintery heaven, but much more solemn. The hoots of the parliament were always grave. The souls treated the place with respect. As in life, souls looked as birds as sacred animals - justified that birds alone out of all the animals in the waking world shared the afterlife with them.

The Flock looked outward from the Brumal Hollow and judged the souls that were found to be worthy for reasons, not entirely of her understanding, yet the civility they showed was appropriate. Perhaps in the future - a soul may come to the hollow to beg an audience of the Flock and with proper curtsies may receive what they seek.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 2

Alter Land: Create the Brumal Hollow. A large grove of trees, that exists on the first layer of the wintery domain, all dead and hollowed out, provide a natural home for all the Owls that live in Aurora. Other birds venture there as well. On this plane the Owls do not need to hunt or eat since this plane only houses birds and souls. Perhaps in the future - a soul may come to the hollow to beg an audience of the Flock and with proper curtsies may receive what they seek.

AP 1

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Another god has visited Aurora, but in the part of the realm that the other gods rarely look. In the third layer of Aurora lies Slovien the god of fear and undeath. There he is simply observing the sinners who suffer there with great delight and feasting upon their fears as the realm forces their worst fears into their minds.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-11-29 at 02:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

The deep rooms below a city above. Cloistered and secluded dens full of dust and bound books. Perhaps a fire crackling warmly in the corner to drive the chill of darkness. The faintly sweet smell of vanilla from decomposing paper. A deep-throated tang of leather covers. The iron claps leaving a fine tingling over the tip of your tongue and your front teeth. Owl is here, too.
    TAB The faint flick of a feathered quill scratching over a length of sheepskin parchment. Scratching ink into confined forms. The lines of fluid black grow wings, take to the skies and the airs. Could a form ever be so pure as to imitate the heavenly flocks? Letters once for utility and purpose expose themselves into heavenly forms, lovely caricatures, illuminated manuscripts. Owl is here, watching, and she is pleased.
    TAB An open rotunda of a room, all stone bricks and cracking emberlight. The burning ash and smoke fills the back of your throat. Your eyes water at the sting, dry from the impressive heat. A massive bellow breathes slowly, fanning the charcoal hotter. A hammer clangs impressively, skillfully, thunder and lightning casting new shapes and forms. A chisel carves delicate curves. Owl is here, too.
    TAB The casts are arranged, spaced with bits of lead. Wooden bars to set height between the rows of small figures. Ink, blacker than night, is washed over the forms, pressed against the surface of paper. No, too faint. Paper is pressed against the wet-inked surface, weighted and pressed into its surface. Yes, this is better. Repeat. Owl is here, watching, and he is pleased.

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 8. (8) - (2, Create Advanced Concept; Calligraphy) - (2, Create Advanced Concept; Letterpress) - (3, Gain Domain; Something (Learning).

Teaching (Learning);
    --Weave Sanctum; The Great Library (3 AP).
    --Create Advanced Concept; Calligraphy (2 AP).
    --Create Advanced Concept; Letterpress (2 AP).
    (7/7)

Owl is now a Lesser Deity.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show
    "And you fault me with false superiority? Disturbing. Your lack of empathy is unsettling. For the safety of the birds and the development of your children, I will not allow you near the feathered throne until I witness more compassion. Regardless your children still have a choice do they not?."

The Birds flew in defined currents, shifting shadows, the sun fell between the many feathers in fractured spots. They spoke in one voice.

"Children those of you who wish to join me at the feathered throne and beyond, to rule the skies as nobles, civilized and respectful, may join the Flock in migration. Simply remember that you still live in the skies, whether you rule them along with the birds, or beneath their shadows. As such I will still expect civility."

And the flock always watches and Judges. It watches from the eyes of each bird, on the waking world and even in the afterlife where the winter birds live. When everything can be surveiled, all there is left is politeness. Act nobly for the Flock knows and disapproves.

Humans would say,

Do not revile the king even in your thoughts,
    or curse the rich in your bedroom,
    because a bird of the air may carry your words,
    and a bird on the wing may report what you say.

Little did they know how much the birds know - and that it mattered not where the messages where carried, for the birds themselves looked down from their perches.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote is from The Bible, Ecclesiastes 10:20 (New International Version)

AP 7

-5 Gain ability: Knowledge Broker: Since the followers of the convocation of feathers are the birds themselves, The Flock sees and hears and knows everything any bird knows. In the night from the eyes of owls and nighthawks, in the day underneath the wings of Rocs and eagles. Across planes in Aurora, the afterlife, where winter birds sat court - and even among the empty streets of the endless city. Under the eyes of birds, everything was seen and judged.

Ap 2
    Aeolus yawned. "Ah but that's the thing. I know I am clearly superior, and you are too in your weird flock form thing. But what reason is there to care about my prey before I kill it? A bird of prey doesn't care about having to eat another bird to live, it just eats the other bird. So why should a human care if it eats a bird? They're clearly superior to birds, barring your giant Rocs, because they can and sometimes do hunt and use them with impunity. They're also way smarter and imaginative than any of your birds could ever be, barring you directly intervening on the behalf of birds."

They might even be superior to us in a curious way, after all they existed before we did and the whole of creation seems to revolve around them. It's probably our place to advance humanity somehow, so why place limits on them? Sooner or later it'll be surpassed and old news.

Speaking of humans, I've probably even made the density of my Aeolians' lesser than that of humanity's destiny by linking them to myself, but at the same time I've improved my lot in creation. I do care for them like a father does. I also have the choice of not giving a damn about them either, because then I would've sent them back to their former families and watch the show from afar, not gotten them all set up with your school thing. Sure things like civility are nice and all and I appreciate you being so willing to spread it everywhere, but your over-protectiveness of birds and them being "higher forms of life" are getting the way of the way things are gonna go sooner or later: humans realizing their density. Not sure what form that'll take, I'm just pretty sure it doesn't involve them worshiping birds, or even gods for that matter."

Spoiler
    Show
    23 AP = 15 AP + 8 AP from 2 Rollovers
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-12-01 at 11:33 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aeolus yawned. "Ah but that's the thing. I know I am clearly superior, and you are too in your weird flock form thing. But what reason is there to care about my prey before I kill it? A bird of prey doesn't care about having to eat another bird to live, it just eats the other bird. So why should a human care if it eats a bird? They're clearly superior to birds, barring your giant Rocs, because they can and sometimes do hunt and use them with impunity. They're also way smarter and imaginative than any of your birds could ever be, barring you directly intervening on the behalf of birds."

They might even be superior to us in a curious way, after all they existed before we did and the whole of creation seems to revolve around them. It's probably our place to advance humanity somehow, so why place limits on them? Sooner or later it'll be surpassed and old news.

Speaking of humans, I've probably even made the density of my Aeolians' lesser than that of humanity's destiny by linking them to myself, but at the same time I've improved my lot in creation. I do care for them like a father does. I also have the choice of not giving a damn about them either, because then I would've sent them back to their former families and watch the show from afar, not gotten them all set up with your school thing. Sure things like civility are nice and all and I appreciate you being so willing to spread it everywhere, but your over-protectiveness of birds and them being "higher forms of life" are getting the way of the way things are gonna go sooner or later: humans realizing their density. Not sure what form that'll take, I'm just pretty sure it doesn't involve them worshiping birds, or even gods for that matter."

Spoiler
    Show
    23 AP = 15 AP + 8 AP from 2 Rollovers

The birds flew in a great cacophony of feathers and claws.

"Intelligence and Imagination does not mean superiority, balance and civility are much more admirable. Your philosophy is based only on might makes right - that is distasteful, the noble birds look down upon the world and hunt as their needs demand. Your people have no need to shred apart a defenseless flightless figment of my flock, we now see the horrible and conditions your people keep them in. We see through the eyes of eye bird, and we disapprove. It is ignoble and wasteful - if they need sustenance it is aptly provided by the bounties of the earth, there is no need to imprison the feathered flock"

Numerous caws rang out as if in agreement

"We do not not understand your preoccupation with humanity - it seems you consider them much in the same way we consider the birds. If we are protective over my flocks, you are protective over your herds. Yet do not disturb our birds and teach your followers that, if only for love for your sister. We trust you have at least that much."

With that the flock began to disperse.

"Follow me children, if you wish, we shall not wait - just remember we see from each birds eyes, and will frown upon their mistreatment and any uncivil action taken while the sky is beneath your wings and your shadow is cast upon the earth"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 + 5 (rollover) = 6
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-12-02 at 12:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Slovien still sat in the third layer of Aurora. His presence, however has begun to have an effect on the sinners their. Their ghostly forms have begun to take shape and power from the dark god. Though the realm still torments them just as much as it always had the sinners began to become aware of their actual surroundings and not just the illusions of their past cast by Aurora.

Their punishment has filled them with a fear of Aurora and the gods, but also a jealousy and hatred for those who have not suffered in the third layer. Should a mortal or a denizen of the first layer manage to find their way to the third layer they would surely be torn apart by these things now called poltergeists.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP
    +4 Rollover
    -3 Create Greater Life: Poltergeists
    2 AP remaining

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dinfale continued his lessons with the Edema Ruh.

"In this world there are many things that can be acquired by mankind. Magic in many forms allowing mankind to enforce his will upon the world. Cities can be built, kingdoms forged, empires established, different physical forms acquired; however, in the end, every man and woman will at some point die. After that you are judged by Vintra, the goddess of death. I do not know exactly how she judges, but I do know that your actions do affect her judgement. Therefore, since mankind's physical form is mortal, and his soul eternal, I tell you that choosing what is right, even if it is at the cost of your own life, is better than what is expedient. Choosing to live with the end goal of being judged as a good person is far better than living your short lives for yourselves. As such, I wish to teach you of two virtues which I hold dear in my heart: generosity and hospitality. Being willing to give your time, effort, love, money, and possessions to others is a good thing. In time, if you follow this idea, you will find yourselves with many friends that will aid you in your time of need. In addition to this I wish to teach you of all the rules of hospitality. Let it never be said of the Edema Ruh that anyone else knows how to be more hospitable than the Edema. Despite your wandering nature, you shall know how to accept the stranger into your folds, for you are not a group of people by blood, but by spirit; not by portions of land, but by ideals and a brotherhood that goes beyond shallow relationships. Those that wish to join you in truth and without guile, let them." And so Dinfale taught the Edema all of the rules of hospitality.

"As an additional help to you, I give you this gift: music. These wonderful sounds will awe kings and peasants alike and will win you favor without requiring a greater effort of enforcing your will upon the world. Also, I would have you travel the whole earth teaching others what I have taught you. In time, I may have you return here to learn from me again. Finally, do not revile those that curse you for being of low birth. Return evil with good, for if you do so your reward is eternal and cannot be taken from you. These things do I, Dinfale, teach you, the Edema Ruh."

And with that said Dinfale turned to wander the earth again, seeking new knowledge and sights.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap: 7
    Rollover: 5 (lesser) +2 (pantheon): +7
    Create mundane concept generosity: -1
    Create Mundane concept hospitality: -1
    Create mundane concept "golden rule": -1
    Create mundane concept eternal focus: -1
    create mundane concept music: -1
    Acquire ability Wanderlust: -5
    Ending ap: 4

If there is a domain that any one of you can see that could be had from this expenditure of ap, I would be very grateful to know about it.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock and Dinfale

In time, as Dinfale journeyed and wandered throughout the world, he would have noticed shadows from above. Birds would chirp and screech, and in their eyes he would see Suloea, the Convocation of Feathers, the Flock. When the shadows have gathered, and blocked out the sun in an orchestra of falling feathers, a couple of birds descended. A Crested Ibis; a Red-crowned Crane; and a Spatuletail, rare sights indeed. The three birds flew downwards to rest around the traveling king, and they looked at him quizzically. Then they spoke in a sweet sing song voice.

"We overheard your preachings of the Edema Ruh. We concur - the animals of the earth need civility and guidance before they descend to savagery. We have already noticed the needless waste of their atrocious murders of our followers. Unfortunately we have made a nest within the domain of Vintra, our older sibling; and we regret to inform you, but she has perished. We however believe that the afterlife will have to be maintained for fear that human souls would be reduced to incivility. With your blessing, we shall inherit Vintra's role in guidance and judgement with your Edema Ruh as the basis of our assessment."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarvin smiled. "To create inspiration? To help these mortals make my world even more beautiful? How could I possibly refuse?" Tarvin laughed, spiraling up into the sky, landing in one of the trees atop Nordul's back. "This is a lovely perch. Your trees are one of the greatest of your creations." Tarvin then turned his head towards the great man made of city. "Yes. I do know you. You are the maker of the City of Man. I did stay there for a long time. It too is a marvelous creation. I hold you in high respect, uncle."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

20. - Top - End - #170

Dinfale's eyebrow's rose in surprise at this news.

"So, the first lord to sleep has already done so...that is most grave news, especially since it was Vintra. Her words still ring in my ears. I had hoped to meet her in person, though I was occupied by other necessities. Hmmm, well, even my Edema are not perfect. In time I fear that even they may not be able to follow the rules of true morality perfectly....This is something I may need time to dwell upon. In truth I do not believe that I alone hold the authority to say yay or nay on this prospect. I believe that a greater meeting of all the lords interested in this should be held. My domain is but a step away, and within it is a meeting place that can be used for all of us without any fear of disputes causing immediate physical repercussions upon the material realm. If it pleases you I shall make the call..."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock and Dinfale

The Crested Ibis, Red-crowned Crane and Spatuletail, looked at the traveling lord quizzically and slightly bemused. They lifted their wings as a small ostentation of peacocks fluttered down and encased the earth god in beauty. They spoke in a commanding voice.

"You misunderstand us. We will take over the duties of our older sister - not only must it be done, but it is our inheritance, other lords play no part in the decision, for they were not of her lineage save our great feathered Father. Fear not; your teachings are worthy and mortal men shall be judge by them - and since we see through the eyes of all things that fly, we look down from the sky and witness each waking moment of a man's life. We may judge them by what they do as well as what they are."

And thus it came to pass that the men would pass before the Flock after death, and the convocation would decide where their final nest would lie. Although it gave those found worthy a choice: eternal rest in winter or the freedom of flight and the chance to look down at their once families and cover them with shade, the chance to be reborn as a bird.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP

Cosmic Decree:Suloea looks and judges mortal men from the eyes of birds. When they pass they come before the Flock for judgement. Those that uphold the virtues of generosity; hospitality; reciprocity; nobility; civility and everlasting respect and love for Birds are deemed worthy. Those who fall short of these lofty goals or those who kill a bird needlessly are judged unworthy and fall to the third layer of Aurora. Those who are judged fitting, may choose to either be reborn as a bird or live on the first layer of Aurora. Even if they do live in Aurora they may choose to be reborn by going to the brumal hollow. Suloea is the one who judges where a man is destined after his death.

AP 1
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-12-03 at 11:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

From within the thrid layer Slovien felt it. Vintra, creator of Aurora has become silent. Slovien's wicked spine tingling laugh could heard throughout all of Aurora. It made his plans all that much easier now. Then he felt that there was a new lord of death and he wondered if there was a way to make things even easier.

Slovien appeared before the flock and the lord of earth. "Well said dear cousin. I agree with you wholeheartedly and I believe that cousin Vintra could not have a better replacement. I would like to give you a suggestion, however. The sinners, those inhospitable, ignoble, savage, bird-murdering sinners, you should give them to me. Allow me to take command of their punishment. I will will show them true fear and suffering beyond what even you, oh noble cousin, could muster. You know I can do this and you know the sinners are deserving of it. The only question is, why wouldn't you allow me this honor?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock, The Mistress of Death

The Ostentation of Peacocks looked at the new lord, and knew him, for the Flock saw everything that occurred upon the waking world, only the waves of the sea and the stone and wood of the earth and home obscured her vision and knowledge. They spoke in concert.

"The sinners deserve nothing, and are beneath our notice - we only concern ourselves with those deemed worthy, those who have a chance at true life - with air beneath their wings and their shadows cast over anything they desire - within the harmony of nature and the civility of nobility. Thus we extended to the Lord of the Earth the ability to fashion within our inherited wintery domain any afterlife he desires for those he looks upon fondly. The same offer applies to each Lord, including you. We only concern ourselves with the selection process. If you wish to craft a domain within the far reaches of our inherited realm where the flock will not fly and we cannot see, we accede to your request. They are beyond redemption and notice. Do as you will."

24. - Top - End - #174

Spoiler
    Show

The birds flew in a great cacophony of feathers and claws.

"Intelligence and Imagination does not mean superiority, balance and civility are much more admirable. Your philosophy is based only on might makes right - that is distasteful, the noble birds look down upon the world and hunt as their needs demand. Your people have no need to shred apart a defenseless flightless figment of my flock, we now see the horrible and conditions your people keep them in. We see through the eyes of eye bird, and we disapprove. It is ignoble and wasteful - if they need sustenance it is aptly provided by the bounties of the earth, there is no need to imprison the feathered flock"

Numerous caws rang out as if in agreement

"We do not not understand your preoccupation with humanity - it seems you consider them much in the same way we consider the birds. If we are protective over my flocks, you are protective over your herds. Yet do not disturb our birds and teach your followers that, if only for love for your sister. We trust you have at least that much."

With that the flock began to disperse.

"Follow me children, if you wish, we shall not wait - just remember we see from each birds eyes, and will frown upon their mistreatment and any uncivil action taken while the sky is beneath your wings and your shadow is cast upon the earth"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 + 5 (rollover) = 6
    Aeolus groaned and rubbed his forehead with his talon-tips. "So you're going to deny chickens their purpose in life just because they're birds and by that virtue deserve better in life than being used for the only thing they're good for? Ugh. Know what, I'll make them not birds anymore, how about that."

Aeolus raised a talon and suddenly chickens all around creation began to change. They began to sprout lizard tails and their talons sharpened a bit as their wings turned all leathery (they still can't fly though). They still laid eggs non-stop and their meat became even more tasty.

"There, they're not birds anymore. I can respect all your other birds, they at least have a purpose of sorts higher than chickens would ever have. Pollinating, hunting pests, looking pretty, even just being a part of their ecosystem; but chickens were just completely useless in expect to be eaten and used so I've removed them from the category of birds.

I've been waiting for you to do something about the chicken situation this entire time, even hinted about it, but you didn't do anything about it. So I did. Chickens were going to all go extinct anyways if something wasn't done about their situation anyways as you started send mortals to purgatory or whatever for eating them, meaning that no one would even bother to take care of chickens anyways. They really didn't even deserve to be birds in the first place if you look at their sole purpose in life. Now then, let's freaking go already. We can talk about it later in detail if you want, I'll even replace them with a better bird if that'll make you happy, but right now let's not keep my children waiting any longer."

He pushes his way out of the the middle of the Flock and motions to his Aeolians cheerily. "Okay kids it's finally time to go! Follow the birds!" They cheer and fly after the birds as Aeolus leads them to the Feathered Throne.

Spoiler
    Show
    23 AP
    1 AP Create Monstrous Life: Cockatrices
    Cockatrices taste even better than chickens did and they still lay lots of eggs. They also do not have the power to petrify like they normally do in other fantasy settings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP Curse: All Chickens become Cockatrices and are in no way considered birds anymore. This means they are no longer part of The Flock and so mortals can't be punished for eating them.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Drexoroth admired his work in the City of Man, his group of Thieves were doing well but they need a leader... no, more than a leader, they need their own god, he oculd not look over the City of Man when he has his pirates to look after, so he created a demigod, someone who not only helped the theives and enchanters, but also the entire city. His name would be Jacob Drex and his family from then on would always be blessed with the title of demigod.

Spoiler
    Show
    2AP+5+5 two rollovers +2+2 from pantheon=16AP
    Beget Demigod: Jacob Drex 5AP

16AP-5=11AP

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meanwhile, in front of the City of Man, Nordul's power did grow. His roots spread, his influence grew, but the world still called to him. He would explore it all, in due time...
    "We plan to create muses. Beings of Inspiration, they will help the mortals grow and learn, make things of beauty and utility."
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2+6(rollover last week, 4 god, 2 pantheon)+6 (same)=14
    -3: Gain Domain Life (Landbound)-is basically solely responsible for virtually all mundane landbound flora and fauna aside from humans, insects, and arachnids
    -3: Gain Domain Earth (Nature)-he is the reason there are diverse environments on the world.
    Nordul is now a Lesser Deity!
    -5: Cloaked in Wanderlust: Nordul is a god who has interest in the affairs of life as a whole. As such, he will always watch over the world.
    AP: 3

27. - Top - End - #177

Dinfale frowned at what slovien and the flock had to say. "Well, I suppose someone has to take over judgement duty. If you truly are judging them based upon the ideals that I have taught to the Edema, then I have no problem with it." Then turning to Slovien Dinfale spoke. "You, however, would pervert the divine will that Vintra gave to us. It is true that part of that divine will would be that only she could be the judge of the dead. However, it is a station that needs to be filled. The dead cannot simply remain unjudged. Your proposal, however, is completely unnecessary. The dead do not need any more than their sins to punish them. I must warn you that I will oppose you on this front. I may have made a pact with several other deities that does not necessarily make me their superior. However, that does not mean I cannot be an arbiter for what is right and good. If you wish to discuss this issue further, we can move to my realm."

And with that said Dinfale took a step backwards while growing in strength and his will hardening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting ap: 4
    Rollover on dec 8: 5 (lesser) 2 (pantheon)
    Rollover on dec 15: 5 (lesser) 2 (pantheon)
    Gain ability: Authoritative Adjudicator (+3 attack dice)
    ending ap: 13

Just so you know, Lizard lord, I am not necessarily extremely opposed to what you are proposing. However, if you do it then there is practically only one thing left of what Kaworu did with his cosmic decree. That's a bit too close to completely subverting a cosmic decree for my comfort. And while that wouldn't normally be a problem in a LoC game, in this one Bryn has specifically said that you cannot completely change someone else's cosmic decree. That's the biggest reason why Dinfale is opposing Slovien, just so you know.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Slovien cackled with glee. "Alright, I will meet with you uncle Dinfale. However, I have one condition."

The lord of fear turned towards the Great Flock. "Cousin I would like you to send part of the flock to this meeting. You are the judge of the dead and as such matters discussing the dead are related to your duties. You should have a an opinion in the matter. Trust me, you will want to hear what I have to say."

Spoiler
    Show

2 Ap
    Dec 8 rollover +4
    Dec 15 rollover +4

Remaining AP: 10

OOC: Don't worry. Slovien has a plan. He is a trickster after all.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

The Flock, The Mistress of Death

The Ostentation of Peacocks subsided and all that was left was a murder of crows. The Flock began to fly and disperse and announced:

"Worry not, where ever the eyes of hawks and eagles see, as do I. The world of the Earth king's sole population are birds and plants, I see all that occurs underneath its skies. Regardless I shall merely be the judge, what occurs to the souls after they have been organized matters little to me, other than the chance for a lowly human to ascend to the skies as a raven or a dove."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1
    Dec 8 rollover +5
    Dec 15 rollover +5
    11 AP

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Ah, but the purpose of your judgement is to make sure the noble are rewarded and the wicked punished, is it not? Perhaps the realm does a good enough job on its own, but what if I told you there will be those that are sent to the 3rd layer but feel no punishment?"

"Ah but I should save these arguments for our uncle."

With that Slovien will vanish, swallowed by his own cloak, to reappear in Dinfale's world. He looks up to see birds above him and the mask smiles before turning to face Dinfale. "Greetings uncle, shall we begin?"
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-12-17 at 09:08 PM.