Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 93
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Not winning academy awards doesnt make a movie bad either.
    No, but horrible writing, non-existent characterization, juvenile and out of place humor, and sheer laziness in production can. The fact that they make money is because the spectacle is enough to distract people, the other parts that make up a movie, story, characters, ect are discarded.

    So maybe it's for the best, because at least Grimlock hasn't been screwed over...
    Basically my thoughts on the matter. For the same reason, I was disappointed when Shockwave did show up, and am glad Wheeljack still hasn't.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Well this was expected.

    This will continue going for as long as people want to watch it.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Well this was expected.

    This will continue going for as long as immature teens want to watch it.
    Fixed for you.
    I have a PhD....in epicness
    Awesome Dr.Horrible Avatar by DemonZypher.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    (1) Define "helpful." And (2), is that really a plus when it makes the title characters (the transformers) part of the supporting cast? Do we really have to shove the giant, alien robots who the films should be about into the background so we can have an elongated, pointless, major subplot about Shia Labeouf going to college or looking for a job?
    Well, when I saw old first season 1980s Transformers, the humans were nothing more than butt monkey and
    Spoiler
    Show
    has no brain since they are easily tricked by Megatron's easily cheesy propaganda.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Well, when I saw old first season 1980s Transformers, the humans were nothing more than butt monkey and
    Spoiler
    Show
    has no brain since they are easily tricked by Megatron's easily cheesy propaganda.
    Has that really changed in the films? The humans (and all the bots) are nothing more than comic relief. And as for being tricked, the Decepticons get away with this in the 2nd and 3rd films. When Megatron lies to humanity in the 2nd and 3rd films saying they just want the Autobots gone and they won't harm humanity, who do humans believe?
    I have a PhD....in epicness
    Awesome Dr.Horrible Avatar by DemonZypher.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    And just to change gears for a minute, but does anybody else think that the thing really missing from these movies has been Grimlock?
    I'd rather not have someone who thinks Skids and Mudflap are funny try and make Grimlock and the Dinobots. They are basically the only thing that I love and charise that Micheal Bay hasn't stomped apon with army boots and stupidity.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Bumblebee got totally shafted by being basically made into a glorified pet (and I really STILL do NOT like that it carried onto TF:Prime)
    The R2-D2 talk did, but Prime Bee is kinda badass. Basically, what you'd expect from the muscle car of robots. (Not cut-a-mountain-in-twain-with-my-ancestral-sword badass like Prime himself is of late, though)
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Aotrs Commander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    The R2-D2 talk did, but Prime Bee is kinda badass. Basically, what you'd expect from the muscle car of robots. (Not cut-a-mountain-in-twain-with-my-ancestral-sword badass like Prime himself is of late, though)
    Thing is, G1 Bumblebee was badass, at the end of the run (Regeneration One pending). In fact, he was one of the characters that showed the most development (along with the likes of Prime/Grimlock/Starscream), as he started out getting picked on and beat up on more than one occasion in the early part of the series, so when he reached the point he was a serious combatant in his own right, it was awesome.

    Also, Bumbleebee, being one of the Autobot's better wisecrackers being muted really grated - for me this was the Transformers equivilent of Wolverine: Origins' Deadpool.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Has that really changed in the films? The humans (and all the bots) are nothing more than comic relief. And as for being tricked, the Decepticons get away with this in the 2nd and 3rd films. When Megatron lies to humanity in the 2nd and 3rd films saying they just want the Autobots gone and they won't harm humanity, who do humans believe?
    I meant
    Spoiler
    Show
    the cheesy propaganda from Transformers cartoon that showed Autobots as evil from 1980s Transformer Cartoon.

    P.S- Let's look at how Hasbro ruined XCom franchise before 2012. XCom Enforcer, anyone? They even planned to make a saturday morning cartoon out of it.
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-10 at 05:13 PM.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'd rather not have someone who thinks Skids and Mudflap are funny try and make Grimlock and the Dinobots. They are basically the only thing that I love and charise that Micheal Bay hasn't stomped apon with army boots and stupidity.
    Ah Grimlock. The wisest of the autobots

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    Ah Grimlock. The wisest of the autobots
    Canonically correct Grimlock in everything but the G1 cartoon does have rather high intelligence.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Canonically correct Grimlock in everything but the G1 cartoon does have rather high intelligence.
    Well, also Transformers Animated, but there he was more caveman.

    Anyway the point is Grimlock strongest one there is, so he's awesome.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Outrageous Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Who's left of the decepticon leadership now, anyway? Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave were all killed (not that Shockwave had any actual character in DotM). I think Soundwave survived. Devastator was killed in Revenge of the Fallen. I can't think of anybody else who had a shot at leading the Decepticons. I think they're gonna have to bring Megatron back, or at least turn him into Galvatron as part of his ressurection.
    Nah, man. There's whole fathoms of depth to plumb there. They could go some interesting routes with Thunderwing, Scorponok (wait, scratch that, they killed a Scorponok off in the first one), Straxus, Scourge, Ratbat, Jhiaxus, another dude simply taking up the name of Megatron, or what-have-you. Autobot or Neutral parties who've heard that Prime went and blew up the homeworld, even.

    Soundwave got killed by Bumblebee in the execution sequence of DotM. Basically if a Decepticon got named in the movies, he's dead by the end of DotM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Basically my thoughts on the matter. For the same reason, I was disappointed when Shockwave did show up, and am glad Wheeljack still hasn't.
    Prepare to be disheartened!

    And, uh, I like Prime Bee. I think he's got a lot of character for being a collection of beeps and whirrs, thanks to some good body language and emotive eyes. I dunno.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2012-11-10 at 08:40 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    'alf moydered I is!
    Bred Pokemon available: Gastly (Astonish, Ice Punch), Yamask, Phantump (Harvest), Spiritomb (Infiltrator, Foul Play), Litwick (Heat Wave), Duskull. More to come.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mystic Muse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    My Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Nah, man. There's whole fathoms of depth to plumb there. They could go some interesting routes with Thunderwing, Scorponok (wait, scratch that, they killed a Scorponok off in the first one)
    I think he was more put on a bus than killed off. They cut off his tail, but they didn't for sure kill him. He just disappeared and was never seen again.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I meant
    Spoiler
    Show
    the cheesy propaganda from Transformers cartoon that showed Autobots as evil from 1980s Transformer Cartoon.
    Okay. Still doesn't change the fact the humans in the new films are so dumb the Deceptacons can easily trick just about everyone on the planet to hate the Autobots.
    I have a PhD....in epicness
    Awesome Dr.Horrible Avatar by DemonZypher.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Outrageous Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I think he was more put on a bus than killed off. They cut off his tail, but they didn't for sure kill him. He just disappeared and was never seen again.
    Okay, you're right. He got killed in Revenge of the Fallen by Jetfire.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    'alf moydered I is!
    Bred Pokemon available: Gastly (Astonish, Ice Punch), Yamask, Phantump (Harvest), Spiritomb (Infiltrator, Foul Play), Litwick (Heat Wave), Duskull. More to come.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mystic Muse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    My Equestria
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Okay, you're right. He got killed in Revenge of the Fallen by Jetfire.
    Ah.

    It's been a very long time since I've seen that, so I'll take your word for that one.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Outrageous Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Everyone's dead, Dave. Bonecrusher is dead. Blackout is dead. Brawl is dead. Scavenger's dead. Devastator is dead. Scorponok's dead. The Fallen's dead. Jetfire's dead. Ravage is dead. Shockwave's dead. Soundwave's dead. Barricade's dead. Starscream's dead. Sentinel is dead. Megatron is dead twice. Innumerable unamed Decepticons are dead. The Allspark's dead (and its known fragments spent). The Space Bridge Pillars are inoperative. Cybertron is dead.

    Cybertron is dead. The Decepticons of Transformers 4 could well be motivated purely out of revenge for their homeworld. They could be joined by Autobots, brought together by a mutual feeling of loss with the final destruction of Cybertron. It could be interesting.

    But I'm betting its not going to be like that.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    'alf moydered I is!
    Bred Pokemon available: Gastly (Astonish, Ice Punch), Yamask, Phantump (Harvest), Spiritomb (Infiltrator, Foul Play), Litwick (Heat Wave), Duskull. More to come.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Everyone's dead, Dave. Bonecrusher is dead. Blackout is dead. Brawl is dead. Scavenger's dead. Devastator is dead. Scorponok's dead. The Fallen's dead. Jetfire's dead. Ravage is dead. Shockwave's dead. Soundwave's dead. Barricade's dead. Starscream's dead. Sentinel is dead. Megatron is dead twice. Innumerable unamed Decepticons are dead. The Allspark's dead (and its known fragments spent). The Space Bridge Pillars are inoperative. Cybertron is dead.
    Plot is dead. Character structure is dead. Integrity is dead. Respect for the source material is dead. All dead.


    I have a PhD....in epicness
    Awesome Dr.Horrible Avatar by DemonZypher.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Ah.

    It's been a very long time since I've seen that, so I'll take your word for that one.
    He needlessly returned to kill the only good character in the three movies so Optimus could wear his corpse like a suit of armor. Also died doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Everyone's dead, Dave. Bonecrusher is dead. Blackout is dead. Brawl is dead. Scavenger's dead. Devastator is dead. Scorponok's dead. The Fallen's dead. Jetfire's dead. Ravage is dead. Shockwave's dead. Soundwave's dead. Barricade's dead. Starscream's dead. Sentinel is dead. Megatron is dead twice. Innumerable unamed Decepticons are dead. The Allspark's dead (and its known fragments spent). The Space Bridge Pillars are inoperative. Cybertron is dead.

    Cybertron is dead. The Decepticons of Transformers 4 could well be motivated purely out of revenge for their homeworld. They could be joined by Autobots, brought together by a mutual feeling of loss with the final destruction of Cybertron. It could be interesting.

    But I'm betting its not going to be like that.
    Not going to lie, that's actually a good plot.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyway the point is Grimlock strongest one there is, so he's awesome.
    As old Grimlock himself said:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kinda disappointed this was the best image I could find of that quote.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    ...




    And, uh, I like Prime Bee. I think he's got a lot of character for being a collection of beeps and whirrs, thanks to some good body language and emotive eyes. I dunno.
    I don't think Bee's done that poorly in Prime either, but I do think the whole not talking bit is played out.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    As old Grimlock himself said:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kinda disappointed this was the best image I could find of that quote.




    ...






    I don't think Bee's done that poorly in Prime either, but I do think the whole not talking bit is played out.
    Yeah I loved Bee in War for Cybertron, I was upset that they removed his voice in Fall.


    At least we have the comics where Bee is the leader of the whole planet.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Plot is dead. Character structure is dead. Integrity is dead. Respect for the source material is dead. All dead.


    Reboot?
    Alternate History
    Spoiler
    Show
    (What if Decepticons won in the third film).
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    As for Megatron being dead... wouldn't that just be the time for us to find out about Robot Hell and that Unicron plucks him out of it to empower him for the umpteenth time?
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Reboot?
    Okay. The new series of films will be called Transformers GT because as we all know anything that ends in GT is always superior.

    No, no, I'm sorry. I can't even pretend like that's true. I'm sorry. Sorry everyone.
    I have a PhD....in epicness
    Awesome Dr.Horrible Avatar by DemonZypher.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    As for Megatron being dead... wouldn't that just be the time for us to find out about Robot Hell and that Unicron plucks him out of it to empower him for the umpteenth time?
    This is likely the way they will go.

    Given how they (mis)handled the Fallen, I only dread for what Unicron will be.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    (1) Define "helpful." And (2), is that really a plus when it makes the title characters (the transformers) part of the supporting cast? Do we really have to shove the giant, alien robots who the films should be about into the background so we can have an elongated, pointless, major subplot about Shia Labeouf going to college or looking for a job?

    Transformers are kinda stuck with humans.

    1.All most all Transformers transform into a vehicle of some sort. And a vehicle is made to hold a driver and passengers. So, as vehicles, they have doors and cockpits and such. But without humans(or an equally sized alien race) then the transformers would not need to waste space. This is hugely true with most autobots, as the passenger space of a car takes up a huge amount of room.

    This was one of the big problems with the 'robots only' comics. Why did they still transform into vehicles with doors and cockpits and such? It was almost as bad as ''oh it's millions of years before 1984, but everyone still transforms into Earth stuff as I'm a lazy writer and can't think up of new alt modes for like twenty characters.''

    And it's just kinda odd that transformers just turn into 'car things' or 'plane things', but not really cars or planes.

    2.Robots in Disguise. A big, big part of the transformers is the disguise part. And without humans, and the backdrop of Earth, you can't really get the 'disguise' part. Space is big and mostly empty, so unless all the transformers alt modes are just rocks, they can't really hide 'out there'. And they don't really 'disguise' from each other on Cybertron as..well...the planet is full of transformers. The only place a transformer can hide in disguise is some place like Earth. An autobot that looks like a car can sure blend in with other cars and fool both humans and decepticons. So you need humans and Earth.

    3.Alt modes. If you had no humans, no Earth or any other life and just transformers....why would transformers not have useful alt modes. Take most ground vehicle autobots. They often look like 'plain cars' to blend in, as if they had , say 5mm cannons on their hood people would notice. And that is fine for disguise: autobots give up any outward weapons for the sake of disguise. But if your just becoming a 'vehicle like thing' to move in a civil war, why not have outward weapons? Or rocket thrusters? Or anything else?

    It just gets worse when you realize that lots of transformers are helpless in vehicle mode. The vast majority of autobots can't do much more then say open a car door and swing it at someone. Now some autobots, like Grapple who can transform into a crane, do have useful alt modes, as do many decepticons. But most are both helpless and useless. Now again this is done for disguise, but if your not 'in disguise' then why not have a useful alt mode? Classic G1 Ironhide would sure be more useful as a 'van' if he had a cannon to fire his liquids too...

    And the lazy writers don't want to do too many alt alt modes, both as it's too much work, but also as they want to keep the characters recognizable. Though this leads to some odd(and stupid) things like ''oh look at the yellow Camaro 'hiding in disguise' on Mars, gosh I wonder where Bumblebee is?
    Last edited by Gamer Girl; 2012-11-13 at 11:17 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Late to the party, but I just couldn't let this slide.

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    The first Bad Boys movie pretty good, too.
    No. No it wasn't. It was a half-assed buddy cop flick that spent more time on a tired sitcom-style mistaken identity plot than anything else.

    It was crap. Boring crap, at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is likely the way they will go.

    Given how they (mis)handled the Fallen, I only dread for what Unicron will be.
    Would them stealing the plot twist of the end of Prime Season 1 be good or bad for the Unicron reveal? (It would retcon the comics set in that continuity, though...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Girl View Post
    3.Alt modes. If you had no humans, no Earth or any other life and just transformers....why would transformers not have useful alt modes. Take most ground vehicle autobots. They often look like 'plain cars' to blend in, as if they had , say 5mm cannons on their hood people would notice. And that is fine for disguise: autobots give up any outward weapons for the sake of disguise. But if your just becoming a 'vehicle like thing' to move in a civil war, why not have outward weapons? Or rocket thrusters? Or anything else?
    Decepticons like to use fighter jets. Those are very useful alt modes, whether their main armament is a rack of missiles or a fusion cannon. Occasionally, Autobots have been shown to adapt their alt-modes to have deployable weapons, but since they seem to prefer direct 'bot-on-'con action, they use their alts mostly as a mobility thing.

    ...Also, poking around the Transformers Wiki, I saw some concept art for Megatron that indicates that at one point they were considering a much cleaner art style than the every-pixel-is-a-different-moving-piece "style" they went with. It would have almost made Bay's Dutch Angle Shaky Cam With Explosions combat sequences possible to follow unaided.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Transformers 4 in 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Decepticons like to use fighter jets. Those are very useful alt modes, whether their main armament is a rack of missiles or a fusion cannon. Occasionally, Autobots have been shown to adapt their alt-modes to have deployable weapons, but since they seem to prefer direct 'bot-on-'con action, they use their alts mostly as a mobility thing.
    Except fighter jets are not all that useful for manipulation of objects or such. If they were 'birds' or 'pterodactyls' they would at least have claws.

    Plus it's a little odd that decepticon fighters are aerodynamic. There is just not that much 'air' in the universe to fly through. Sure it's good on Earth, Cybertron and, well, say Venus, but aerodyynamics don't matter for the rest of the known universe.

    And deployable weapons are a huge waste of space. Your alt mode needs a big enough empty spot to hold the weapon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •