Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 2290
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Is the "weapons bounced harmlessly' a figurative thing?
    Did the plasma shot not do a piffling 3 wounds.

    Will do dice rolls in a bit. Dealing with toddler at moment.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Actually, I have one more Half Action, so I'm going to use Unfettered Mind Over Matter (which isn't an attack if I don't use it to throw the target) to yank the plasma gun from that guy's hand and toss it to Phinneas.

    (1d100)[24] vs. 97
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lucretia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Inside a violin
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Make a willpower test to see if you can avoid getting your PR sapped by that magic pendant the magus has.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

    Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Is the "weapons bounced harmlessly' a figurative thing?
    Did the plasma shot not do a piffling 3 wounds.

    Will do dice rolls in a bit. Dealing with toddler at moment.
    No, I made a mistake. I only needed to make one force field save for it, and so it did not do anything to me.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Make a willpower test to see if you can avoid getting your PR sapped by that magic pendant the magus has.
    Ah yes.

    (1d100)[56] vs. 57

    Edit: *whew* That was close.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-12 at 07:28 PM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Actually, I have one more Half Action, so I'm going to use Unfettered Mind Over Matter (which isn't an attack if I don't use it to throw the target) to yank the plasma gun from that guy's hand and toss it to Phinneas.

    [roll0] vs. 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Especially when you can Quick Draw it and wield it in one hand, and it never jams.
    Actually unless you drop the reaper autocannon you can't even fire the heavy flamer.

    Half: Stow reaper autocannon (ignoring the fact that its a terminator weapon and in Deathwatch needs a servitor and a wrench)
    Half: Draw heavy flamer. Quick draw only applies to pistol, melee or basic.
    Half: Fire the pistol
    - Also mind over matter I don't think can really be used like that. You need prescion telekinesis to disarm people


    Quote Originally Posted by Mekboy View Post
    Is the horde using horde rules just for the space marines, or are they for us squishies as well? Or are we using the alternate rules on 274?
    Yes. Hordes with humans will use those adapted rules
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    No, I made a mistake. I only needed to make one force field save for it, and so it did not do anything to me.
    You rolled 100 and 59 for the two plasma hits you took.
    One doing 10 (PEN 10) - nothing
    One doing 18 (PEN10) - 3 wounds
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Sorry for the triple post -

    Horde Agility test (1d100)[41]

    Heavy Flamer has a range of 30m. The two guards and Magus were 40m away. They are fine and happy with the smell of roasting minions.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    I'm aiming at the magus, of course, but how many are within 'additional hit' range if I wanted to hit someone else?

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    I'm aiming at the magus, of course, but how many are within 'additional hit' range if I wanted to hit someone else?
    Within 2m is the horde and the boltgun guard
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Actually unless you drop the reaper autocannon you can't even fire the heavy flamer.

    Half: Stow reaper autocannon (ignoring the fact that its a terminator weapon and in Deathwatch needs a servitor and a wrench)
    Half: Draw heavy flamer. Quick draw only applies to pistol, melee or basic.
    Half: Fire the pistol
    - Also mind over matter I don't think can really be used like that. You need prescion telekinesis to disarm people
    Then I drop it.

    According to the rules I can move any object I can see that weighs up to 10kg per Psy Rating. The plasma gun weighs 18 kg.

    You're right, my mistake.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Then I drop it.

    According to the rules I can move any object I can see that weighs up to 10kg per Psy Rating. The plasma gun weighs 18 kg.

    You're right, my mistake.
    The plasma gun is being held by someone. So you can't freely move it. The plasma gun, + armour + man total well over 40kg.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Sorry for the triple post -

    Horde Agility test [roll0]

    Heavy Flamer has a range of 30m. The two guards and Magus were 40m away. They are fine and happy with the smell of roasting minions.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post

    5 guards
    2 near you by the doorway (~3m) one with a bolt gun, 1 with a plasma gun
    1 on the left ~15m away with a bolt gun
    2 by the pulpit ~30m away. One with a melta gun, the other with a bolt gun

    The "congregation" is a crowd of ~60 people that equates to a magnitude 40 horde (+30 modifier). There may be a few "specific" bad guys in the crowd but at the moment they don't stand out from the herd.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Since this isn't described as a reaction, I don't believe Precognitive Dodge should apply.
    Incorrect.

    "When Dodging an area effect weapon (such as a fl amer), a successful Dodge Test moves the character to the edge of the area of effect, as long as it is no further away than the character’s Agility Bonus in metres."

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Within 2m is the horde and the boltgun guard
    Not the Melta guy? I read some recent posts I had missed while writing IC and it said he was flanked both bolter guy and melta guy.

    In case of ZH: (1d5)[4]

    And I'd like to point out all the flame stuff happen after Farius' attack is sorted out.

    Edit: I'll go all on Magus then, as Melta guy isn't there.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 07:48 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Sorry for the triple post -

    Horde Agility test [roll0]

    Heavy Flamer has a range of 30m. The two guards and Magus were 40m away. They are fine and happy with the smell of roasting minions.
    Also, I don't believe a horde can dodge.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Also, I don't believe a horde can dodge.
    They cannot, no. They cannot be set on fire either.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lucretia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Inside a violin
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Drat. No willpower tests, then.

    Maybe the guards will get spooked by the Fear (3) daemon in their midst now?
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

    Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    They cannot, no. They cannot be set on fire either.
    I know. What was the agility test for, then?
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Drat. No willpower tests, then.

    Maybe the guards will get spooked by the Fear (3) daemon in their midst now?
    Isn't it Fear (4)? That's what the mutation says.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lucretia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Inside a violin
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    There was a modification made to the overall mutation, to my understanding. Judging by the spoiler, it's Fear (3).
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

    Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    I know. What was the agility test for, then?
    A mistake by his part, as they cannot evade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Isn't it Fear (4)? That's what the mutation says.
    It has been nerfed slighty. Farius got Fear (2) with helmet on, Fear (3) without a helmet, Fear (4) out of armour. When he uses his Blastmaster the Fear rating is bumped by +1 until his next turn.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 08:05 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    A mistake by his part, as they cannot evade.



    It has been nerfed slighty. Farius got Fear (2) with helmet on, Fear (3) without a helmet, Fear (4) out of armour. When he uses his Blastmaster the Fear rating is bumped by +1 until his next turn.
    Well, that puts them at Magnitude 29 now, which helps me a bit (as I am the obvious target).

    Ah, ok.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Well, that puts them at Magnitude 29 now, which helps me a bit (as I am the obvious target).

    Ah, ok.
    You live in the future! Farius' attack hasn't been resolved yet. Which means the enemy hasn't acted yet.

    Edit: Everyone of Farius' enemies should make a Fear test with a -20 penalty (in addition to the -16 from Phin, he's not gotten his second penalty when this happens) after his attack has been resolved (as they all go after him). I believe only the dude who tried to attack him did so already, so no need to roll for him again.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 08:14 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    Incorrect.

    "When Dodging an area effect weapon (such as a fl amer), a successful Dodge Test moves the character to the edge of the area of effect, as long as it is no further away than the character’s Agility Bonus in metres."



    Not the Melta guy? I read some recent posts I had missed while writing IC and it said he was flanked both bolter guy and melta guy.

    In case of ZH: (1d100)[84]

    And I'd like to point out all the flame stuff happen after Farius' attack is sorted out.

    Edit: I'll go all on Magus then, as Melta guy isn't there.
    So 2 hits (+storm) on the magus.
    He is flanked by them. Just the melta guy isn't standing next to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Also, I don't believe a horde can dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    They cannot, no. They cannot be set on fire either.
    The agility was for being set on fire. But uneccesary.

    Noise Blaster on Magus
    minion (1d100)[84]
    Reaction dodge (1d100)[8] dodged with >2 DoS so dodges 2 hits + storm hits and is okay
    Force field (4d100)[20][96][3][69](188)

    Bolter 1: Fear (1d100)[96] shock (1d100)[55] Vomits 3 rounds
    Bolter 3: Fear (1d100)[15] shock (1d100)[4] fine -fail with the death cloud but "safe" shock
    Melta: Fear (1d100)[82] shock (1d100)[36] Faints 3 rounds
    Plasma: Fear (1d100)[18] shock (1d100)[58] fine fail with cloud -10 on tests
    Horde: Don't care
    The Psyker minion: Fear (1d100)[17] shock (1d100)[34] fine - fail with cloud -10 on tests
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-12 at 08:21 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Also, you initially said that we were standing 30m from the pulpit. I highlighted it above. Wouldn't my flamer count as hitting them, then?
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    3 hits, 6 in total with storm, on Magus. But he seems to make his dodge.

    Remember they should all have -36 on their WP tests. The guy who ran away might get a different shock result than running away if you add +10 to the test, as he'd get an additional DoF due to additional -10 on his fear test.

    Edit: Or wait, no he doesn't. Radiant Presence affects those within 20m and gives them +10 WP tests to resist fear. He suffers the same, but most others are beyond 20m I believe.

    Edit: Worth noting: Unholy Devotion can only be activated when he is to take a hit. After any Evasion test but before forcefield saves.

    Edit: Oh, that means he has already used his Reaction this turn trying to dodge Vul's autocannon shots. He failed his dodge test and the minion absorbed the hit. You need to make two additional field saves for the Magus then. And 2 of the 4 already tested against goes through.

    Last Edit I'd hope:
    22 damage, Pen 6 that causes a ZH 4 (energy) to Body goes through.
    15 damage, Pen 6 to Body goes through.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 08:33 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Forgot initiative for my minion! Why do I always forget he exists? I'm like Farius.

    Kurin initiative: (1d10+6)[12]

    Edit: Kurin's action on his turn (after all enemies but before Magus if he got last at 9 initiative): Half Action move close to Farius, Half Action Delay Swift Attack to be ready to attack anyone who moves too close to his master.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 08:48 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    The psyker didn't even touch me, and he gets Perils of the Warp.

    Thank you Dark Gods!
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Also, you initially said that we were standing 30m from the pulpit. I highlighted it above. Wouldn't my flamer count as hitting them, then?
    It was a mistype. I've written 40m ~3 other times and clarified that on Lucretia's scribble pad. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    3 hits, 6 in total with storm, on Magus. But he seems to make his dodge.
    THe blastmaster has a semiauto RoF of 2. Max of 2 (4 with storm) hits

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    Remember they should all have -36 on their WP tests. The guy who ran away might get a different shock result than running away if you add +10 to the test, as he'd get an additional DoF due to additional -10 on his fear test.

    Edit: Or wait, no he doesn't. Radiant Presence affects those within 20m and gives them +10 WP tests to resist fear. He suffers the same, but most others are beyond 20m I believe.
    I had actually remembered and saw your post as I finished my edit. Thye all failed but a few only narrolwy failed and got less than shattering results on the shock table

    Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    Edit: Oh, that means he has already used his Reaction this turn trying to dodge Vul's autocannon shots. He failed his dodge test and the minion absorbed the hit. You need to make two additional field saves for the Magus then. And 2 of the 4 already tested against goes through.

    Last Edit I'd hope:
    22 damage, Pen 6 that causes a ZH 4 (energy) to Body goes through.
    15 damage, Pen 6 to Body goes through.
    He has step-aside as nearly all named bad guys do. I've played enough DH/RT/DW to have leanred they need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    The psyker didn't even touch me, and he gets Perils of the Warp.
    Thank you Dark Gods!
    Perils (1d100)[92]

    Well that's taken an unexpected turn upon the space port!
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-12 at 08:54 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

    Assuming that 92 was the Perils roll...

    Oh crap. Greater Daemon incoming.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •