Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - OOC

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    THe blastmaster has a semiauto RoF of 2. Max of 2 (4 with storm) hits
    "If he hits, he scores a hit for the initial Degree of Success plus an additional hit for every two additional Degrees of Success. The number of extra hits scored in this manner cannot exceed the weapon’s semi-automatic rate of fire."

The number in the ROF indicates max amount of additional hits, so it's 1 initial hit + up to X additional hits, where X is S/X/- in the RoF table.

He has step-aside as nearly all named bad guys do. I've played enough DH/RT/DW to have leanred they need it.
    Ah, alright. Though that second attempt must be a Dodge or a Parry, both being the skills -- precog dodge does not apply, as far as I can see reading the talent. Not sure he succeeds as well if he has to test the Dodge skill?

Edit: Although it looks like it was a Dodge attempt. Nevermind.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 09:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

If I deactivate my chainfist, can I use it to scoop up my autocannon as a half action? I couldn't use either weapon that way, and would be left with just the flamer for defense, but frankly I really need to get going towards the exit.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #123

Interesting thing to note: Due to all the mucked up chronology happening due to people writing their actions before Farius the Nefarious has acted, the Bolter guy 1 never shoot at Phin due to vomiting, which in turn means that Phin never has to test precog dodge and never has to beat the Talisman of Tzeentch test, so he's still -3 PR for 3 turns (I believe that's what he got from using Host of Fiends atleast).

I don't think every other attack which never happens affect anything? Maybe Vul doesn't lose 3 wounds due to that Plasma guy.

Lesson for the future, let's try to not get too ahead of ourselves? Will save a lot of time, using this first round as an example.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 09:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I'm more concerned about the Lord of Change than the 3 wounds (though having them back would be nice) and plan to charge away as fast as I can.

I can only hope we're either beneath its notice or it finds us amusing. Otherwise we are dead.
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #125

Hey, wait a minute. I just refreshed the IC thread. The chronology is all wrong. All all wrong. I'm pulling the proverbial emergency stop handle, so to speak.

Farius just acted on the first (1) round. All the fear tests happened on the first round, as well.

Farius still has to act on the second round, before that last IC post actually happens, as he goes before all enemies. Going by the IC thread, Farius' first turn was skipped.

Edit: I am now writing what he does before all that happens. No posting in the IC thread! It hasn't happened yet!
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 09:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll delete the post where I scream about the Lord of Change then, for easier reading.
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    I'll delete the post where I scream about the Lord of Change then, for easier reading.
    Unless the psyker goes into some kind of action-preventing shock from a failed fear test, that will probably happen.

The magus may also die before he has time to go all Flicker (assuming an evasion test, a minion or a field save doesn't save him ).

DrK, you forgot you roll Host of Fiends corruption for everyone who failed their WP tests due to fear last round. It's rather likely some of them may have mutated into a chaos spawn, considering how badly some failed their tests (as it's 1d5 corruption per DoF on the WP test).
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 09:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope something you do stops that. Because really, if that happens anyway, we're quite doomed unless it decides not to kill us. Even if we defeat the body, it would only manifest in full unholy glory. So, yeah, hoping for something to happen there.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #129

It's worth noting the daemon has to make and succeed on a Possession attempt. It's not instantaneous.

"The entity must be within a few metres of its intended victim and use a Full Action. The creature and target make Opposed Willpower Tests each round until either the entity or the victim achieve a total of fi ve Degree of Success over the other—this is cumulative over several rounds. If the entity wins, it successfully possesses its victim. If their victim wins, he has repelled the entity who may not attempt to possess him again for 24 hours."

So it's opposed willpower tests for the daemon and the psyker, first one to 5 DoS over the other wins. There is a slight chance the psyker can win. But the chance is low, considering the daemon will have 15-20 more WP. But hey, a few goods roll for the psyker and a few bad ones for the daemon and he might resist.

If the daemon doesn't manage to possess him this round and the psyker dies next round, we don't need to deal with it either. ^^

Not to forget they both have -16 to WP tests as well. I'm pretty sure the daemon is still affected due to being in range of Phin's Host of Fiends, even inside of someone. xD
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 09:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Like I said, I really, really, hope so.

I guess the round is going to be the same unless your fear scares the psyker more.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #131

Looking at the psyker's test I'm not sure I get it.

"Pushed psych scream (PR8)
    (1d100)[79] 55-16+20+10-20= 49"

55 (base) -16 (host of fiends), +20 (?) +10 (psy focus) -20 (?).
    As he's pushing for PR8 he's getting +8x5=40, not +20. No idea where the -20 is coming from. That makes the correct total:

55 (base) -16 (host of fiends), +40 (PR8) +10 (psy focus) -20 (?) = 69.

Still a failed test, but it was missing +20.

Edit: What did Phin do on his turn? I must have missed it in the chaos.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-12 at 10:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Phin did a full move action to hide behind me.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #133

I may have to run back and reread the specifics of this thread again to make sure I've understood what happened. Now to read the IC thread and then edit this post!

EDIT: And it's 1d5/DoF for corruption. Not 1d5+1/dof.

Please roll a d5 per degree of failure. People can get -lots- of corruption with this ability if they roll poorly.

EDIT2: So the chronology of this is...

1. Vul starts the combat off by shooting at the magus, which provokes the minion to jump in front of his master.
    2. Phinnes does Host of Fiends.
    3. Farius shot at the magus.
    4. Vul flamethrowers the horde.
    5. The Horde gets frenzied, one guard gets spooked, the magus tries to shoot Vul but fails.
    6. The various guards take their shots.
    7. Phinneas positions Vul in between himself and the horde.
    8. Farius shoots at the magus again.
    9. Vul hasn't acted yet.
    10. Various guards have been impacted by the fear of Farius.
    11. The magus needs to react to being shot a second time, and then sinks into the floor.
    12. Some pissant psyker decided to try and push something, summoned a Lord of Change, got possessed.

Is that right?

EDIT3: Watup is correct with the possession business. The pissant psyker and the greater daemon need to have their opposed rolls, and should the psyker fail he'll take the corruption points just like anyone else. The psyker might die from CP before the daemon has a chance to infiltrate his body.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-13 at 01:28 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    "If he hits, he scores a hit for the initial Degree of Success plus an additional hit for every two additional Degrees of Success. The number of extra hits scored in this manner cannot exceed the weapon’s semi-automatic rate of fire."

The number in the ROF indicates max amount of additional hits, so it's 1 initial hit + up to X additional hits, where X is S/X/- in the RoF table.
    I don't read it like that at all. The You can get hits+extra hits up to the weapons RoF. It may be poor grammar and not the best written sentence but I still read it as the extra hits including the initial hit cannot exceed the RoF.

Also if not then I'm rule 0ing that one without a shred of remorse. If you expend 2 or 3 rounds then you can only score 2 pr 3 hits.

If I deactivate my chainfist, can I use it to scoop up my autocannon as a half action? I couldn't use either weapon that way, and would be left with just the flamer for defense, but frankly I really need to get going towards the exit.
    Yes. The cannon must have chains of some sort on it for you to carry. So scooping it up is def poissible.

Lesson for the future, let's try to not get too ahead of ourselves? Will save a lot of time, using this first round as an example.
    Hey, wait a minute. I just refreshed the IC thread. The chronology is all wrong. All all wrong. I'm pulling the proverbial emergency stop handle, so to speak.
    The problem was that from a couple of your posts it seemed like you were delaying. So I assumed that...
    1, delaying till after the enemy had acted as Farius watched what was unfoldin (no chages necessary)
    2. Didn't do anything (it wouldn't be the first time in pbp that ive encountered)

Unless the psyker goes into some kind of action-preventing shock from a failed fear test, that will probably happen.

DrK, you forgot you roll Host of Fiends corruption for everyone who failed their WP tests due to fear last round. It's rather likely some of them may have mutated into a chaos spawn, considering how badly some failed their tests (as it's 1d5 corruption per DoF on the WP test).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I may have to run back and reread the specifics of this thread again to make sure I've understood what happened. Now to read the IC thread and then edit this post!

EDIT: And it's 1d5/DoF for corruption. Not 1d5+1/dof.

Please roll a d5 per degree of failure. People can get -lots- of corruption with this ability if they roll poorly.
    didn't see the per dof part.
    only really affects the 2 guys who blew their test by miles.
    (8d5)[26] (9d5)[27]
    - undoubtably spawnify!
    - other guys just failed their tests when hit by the -16
    - Are you happy with a rounds delay on the spawnification. Call it a warm up as they faint/ vomit first before starting to warp and mutate

(If Watupdat does go before the magus in the second round)
    Minion: (1d100)[4] - minion woud take the blasts
    Precog Dodge: (1d100)[26] - dodged with at least 2 dos to avoid 2(4) shots
    Field: (4d100)[47][12][38][88](185)

Possession:- WP tests Demon (1d100)[66] TN 89 (unnatral +4) Vs Psyker (1d100)[26] TN 39 - 5 to the demon, 2 to the human. IC post remains unchanged as you can see the change coming.

On my psychic scream the balls up for the psy rating was me being tired, the -20 was the penalty from the psychic scream power.
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-13 at 01:34 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

15. - Top - End - #135

Thanks for the clarification. Don't forget that you actually have to take the minion talent several times if you want several minions to use for Unholy Devotion, so members of the horde couldn't be used to fuel it.

If you could take a look at my chronology of events, I would be super appreciative. This game embraces Chaos in many ways.

Does the daemon have Unnatural Willpower 8 or 4? Remember, you only add half the unnatural characteristic in degrees of success. I see now you've added 2 BDoS. Thank you!

EDIT: I do see that he dodged instead of using unholy devotion. It's still important to point out that it must be minions obtained through the Minion talent, and not random NPCs. The true importance of this is that it can help act as a limiting factor -- unless you're willing to give your NPCs 2,500 experience in Minion of Chaos talents on top of every other goody they have, because that can add up, fast.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-13 at 01:39 AM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the daemon regarding me with any kind of recognizable emotion? Does it look angry? Amused? Pleased?

Also, since the Horde ran forward, wouldn't one of those guards who isn't mutating have to take the hit this time?
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Don't forget that you actually have to take the minion talent several times if you want several minions to use for Unholy Devotion, so members of the horde couldn't be used to fuel it.

If you could take a look at my chronology of events, I would be super appreciative. This game embraces Chaos in many ways.

Does the daemon have Unnatural Willpower 8 or 4? Remember, you only add half the unnatural characteristic in degrees of success. I see now you've added 2 BDoS. Thank you!

in the game it went
    Round 1-
    Phineas - cloud of doom
    Vul- triple tap with autocannon
    "Bad guys"- magus mind scourge

Roud 2
    Phienas :- move to hide
    Farius*:- sonic blaster
    Vul:- flame on
    Bad guys:- magus flicker, lots of fear checks. begin posession.

Farius* from his ooc posts I thought it had seemed like he was doing nothing 1st round as he watched things unfolding,
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-13 at 01:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Is the daemon regarding me with any kind of recognizable emotion? Does it look angry? Amused? Pleased?

Also, since the Horde ran forward, wouldn't one of those guards who isn't mutating have to take the hit this time?
    It looks curious.

irrespective of where farius was the horde and magus act in bad guy land. o the magus flickered and then the horde ran away

19. - Top - End - #139

What a nuisance, our prize just ran away.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks curious.

irrespective of where farius was the horde and magus act in bad guy land. o the magus flickered and then the horde ran away
    Curious is... better than angry. I can work with curious.

Is there a way I could use Send Thoughts to try and convince it to attack everyone that isn't us?
    -Me

21. - Top - End - #141

Is there a way I could use Send Thoughts to try and convince it to attack everyone that isn't us?
    With your stellar charm of 15?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

You could certainly try

you are pretty mych at 3 options when it finshes the possession
    fight, flee, seek its favour

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem is, due to my inability to move faster than my charging speed, I can't get away if it decides to pursue. It will undoubtedly have Warptime, and so can pretty much catch us at its leisure.

I can't fight it, because those things have a lot more power than I do, at Psy Rating 9, and a crapton of other abilities and wounds. And even if I kill the human body, all that happens is that it's daemon body shows up and kills me.

Perhaps I could just ask it what it wants?
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #144

You also have to charge -at someone- I believe. You can't just use that to try and circumnavigate the 'terminators can't run' rule.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

The problem is, due to my inability to move faster than my charging speed, I can't get away if it decides to pursue. It will undoubtedly have Warptime, and so can pretty much catch us at its leisure.

I can't fight it, because those things have a lot more power than I do, at Psy Rating 9, and a crapton of other abilities and wounds. And even if I kill the human body, all that happens is that it's daemon body shows up and kills me.

Perhaps I could just ask it what it wants?
    Its a very clever bird so yes you can. Its inital dispostion is demonically curious

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

11 more Magnitude damage on that horde. Should be at 18 now.

Can I hit the plasma guy while hitting the horde? Cover can only protect him if he has literally every bit of himself behind it.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

11 more Magnitude damage on that horde. Should be at 18 now.

Can I hit the plasma guy while hitting the horde? Cover can only protect him if he has literally every bit of himself behind it.
    The horde is in front, he is to the side. They just aren't in the same 30 degree arc

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

The horde is in front, he is to the side. They just aren't in the same 30 degree arc
    Horde then. They're about to be on me, and I'd rather knock another 1d10 off of them for sure than maybe kill that guy if I'm lucky.
    -Me

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

The demon will respond on its turn after Fabrius, Phineas and the beserker of khorne arrive.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

The demon will respond on its turn after Fabrius, Phineas and the beserker of khorne arrive.
    Hopefully it will be ammedable to the idea of an amusing hunt or two.
    -Me