New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - IC

Reaching the entrance to the temple, Alicia surveyed the scene. A charred mess of cultists swamped around the monolithic forms of two space marines and a familiar looking form. As warp-witches went, Phinneas was one of the better ones. Even the least practical berserker knew the benefits of having a healer close by. Talking could be done later. There was blood to shed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging the cultist horde. WS 53 +30 for charging +10 for hatred +10 for best quality weapon, -10 for fighting with two weapons and -10 for the chainsword for making a lightning attack. I've got adroit (WS) so I get an additional degree of success, and my powerfist removes one extra point of magnitude because it's a power weapon.

Lightning attack with chainsword: (1d100)[94] vs. 83 Miss
    Swift attack with power fist: (1d100)[33] vs 93. 7 degrees of success, so 3 extra hits. 5 hits in total, including the +1 for using a power weapon.
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-11-13 at 04:45 AM.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

The onrushing horde of cultists can't sense the great demonic presence descending or even see the guard melting and flowing as ravening chaos tears apart their bodies into small masses of withering flesy lumps.

Even as they run they are greeted with flame, a vast sheet of it washing over them killing a doze by their count. However they still close upon you before the clatter of feet as a red armoured figure leaps into their midst with the buzz of a chainsword and the crackle of the powerfist that was soon sheathed in hissing and fizzing blood...

Spoiler
    Show

Filler post
    Between 2 flamer blasts (22 Mag) and the powerfist (5) the horde is down to 13 magnitude

The twi guards who got ~8 DoF have now melted into corruption goo.

Post was just to quickstar the IC once more.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #63

Before the gout of flame erupted from his compatriot's weapon, Phinneas moved another few meters, trying to shake off the Changer of Ways' influence upon his psychic potential.

Then Vul mentioned that there was a greater daemon possessing one of the lesser psykers in the room. Phinneas turned around and waited to see what would happen, now eight meters behind Vul -- and positioned so that Vul was in between himself and the daemon!

Spoiler
    Show
    Next round, I'll be back to Psy Rating 5. Woo!
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

The cowardly magus had managed to avoid all of Farius' barrages of boneshattering pulses of discordant sound, and then escaped as well. He was furious now, and his shrieking into his vox feed would not stop now. The blastmaster shifted a little down, straight at the incoming horde of frenzied cultists or whatever they were. Farius did not care. He only wanted to destroy and debase at this point. He had also barely registered the terminator-clad sorcerer's outcry of some kind of daemon, and at this moment he paid no attention to the notion, perhaps he was refering to Farius. Another thing he hadn't really paid much attention to was the fact that him unleashing his horrifying weapon coupled by his frightening visage had resulted in most of the guards in the room keeling over vomiting, fainting, running away in terror or the like. If he had noticed, Farius would have found it wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action Aim
    Half Action Semi-auto
    BS test (1d100)[76] vs 85 (55 +10 aim +10 size +10 short range)
    (1d10+12)[20] & (1d10+12)[15]
    (1d10+12)[13] & (1d10+12)[20]
    (1d10+12)[13] & (1d10+12)[13]

Result: 4 magnitude damage, as I'm assuming they take damage from any hits.

Kurin delayed Swift Attack on anything that comes close to Farius, as usual.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-13 at 08:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

The horde was effectively shattered. Flames washing over them burning them. A new figure, clad in red tearing throgh them with fist and chain. The noise blaster washing over them liquiefying bodies and popping heads like gunja fruits.

The horde more or less destroyed, the few survivors no threat and easy to tear apart as they posed no risk to such heroes some attention can turn to the psyker in the centre of the room. Light literally streaming from his eyes, skin and hair. His skin and clothes crackling and near burning from the energy barely contained within his pallid human frame.

As the psyker contine to glow Vul can see the colossal shadow of a winged figure extending from the figure into the warp radiating power. A terrible voice, too deep to come from such a frail creature rings out...

"Little mortals. Strange to see some once more after such a long time away..." the psyker looks quizzicaly at the hulking terminator as a massive crackling of energy and noise hammers at Vul's mind. "Little wyrd. What do you do here? Did you summon me, Are you responsible for this thinning of the void?"

The psyker looks about sniffing the madness and looking at the writhing masses of chaotic flesh before laughing out loud. "It is good to be back in the real little people. Whisper your secrets to me and I may not steal your souls to be my playthings."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Vul casually finishes off the remainder of the horde with his flamer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not even going to roll, as there is literally no way it could fail to reduce the Magnitude to 0.

He proceeds to put his flamer away, transferring his autocannon to his free hand.

Vul stares at the daemon's eyes, ignoring the insignificant mortal flesh. I am here to claim an object of some power. I am sure you know of a Staff of Change, yes? And no, I bear no responsibility for your summoning. That was the man who's flesh you now wear. The fool attempted to reach much farther into the Great Ocean than he was prepared to deal with. And I have many secrets to share. But you of all beings should know - all knowledge has a price. I will share my secrets with you, but I would ask a small boon in return.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    hand.

Vul stares at the daemon's eyes, ignoring the insignificant mortal flesh. I am here to claim an object of some power. I am sure you know of a Staff of Change, yes? And no, I bear no responsibility for your summoning. That was the man who's flesh you now wear. The fool attempted to reach much farther into the Great Ocean than he was prepared to deal with. And I have many secrets to share. But you of all beings should know - all knowledge has a price. I will share my secrets with you, but I would ask a small boon in return.
    The psyker survyes the burning room and sniffs the air filled with molten flesh. The howling cavalcade of the warp shimmering at even this shadow of a greater demon in the Real. Both Phineas and Vul seeing the waves of shimmering warp energy shuddering and whispering around the possessed mortal.

THe psyker clucks slightly, an amused sound like no mortal throat can make before speaking loudly towards Vul. "Little wyrd. You are so bold for one so small. What trinket, what boon do you seek of me - it had better be worth the secrets I crave."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Vul actually shrugs a little. I have fought the Long War for 10,000 years now, and bargained with many a daemon. A certain degree of boldness is, perhaps, an inevitable result.

A mighty lord of Chaos, Karrad Vaal, assembles the forces of the Dark Gods for a crusade against the forces of the False Emperor. I am here to join him. When I discovered that a Staff of Change lay in this temple, I knew it must be the will of the Gods that I should find it and take it to war. However, the one who holds the Staff is a weakling and coward. When his pitiful attacks failed to harm me, he sent his servants to fight me while he fled. Time is short. War calls, and I must go soon to lay waste to the pitiful slaves of the corpse-Emperor. Therefore, the boon I ask of you is this: find him, kill him, and bring me the Staff of Change. A difficult endeavor for one bound to the crude and heavy materium, but surely not for a daemon of your status. If you will do this, I will tell you anything you wish to know that I know.
    -Me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A little bit before they getting their conversation on fully:
    After Farius unleashed his barrage of rippling sound at the horde and they are reduced to next to nothing, he instead focuses his attention on one of the guards vomiting on the far right side under the bleeding walls. He does not even try to aim, and just barrages the guard as his shape suddenly become bloated and warped, before completely turning into a chaos spawn, a thing Farius had seen plenty before, and exploding in a cloud of gore due to the discordant riffs tearing the form apart. It's at this point Farius' bloodlust ended, and he became aware of the psyker with illuminated eyes fixed on Vul, talking to him, but the sorcerer not responding himself. Daemon? He remembered what he thought he had heard Vul exclaim before. There must have been a possession, as the psyker was not acting like this before.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-14 at 05:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Phinneas watched the possessed psyker silently, the face behind the mask blank and passive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did the psyker not take his corruption for failing that willpower save? His mortal shell may have died before the daemon manifested.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    A mighty lord of Chaos, Karrad Vaal, assembles the forces of the Dark Gods for a crusade against the forces of the False Emperor. I am here to join him. When I discovered that a Staff of Change lay in this temple, I knew it must be the will of the Gods that I should find it and take it to war. However, the one who holds the Staff is a weakling and coward. When his pitiful attacks failed to harm me, he sent his servants to fight me while he fled. Time is short. War calls, and I must go soon to lay waste to the pitiful slaves of the corpse-Emperor. Therefore, the boon I ask of you is this: find him, kill him, and bring me the Staff of Change. A difficult endeavor for one bound to the crude and heavy materium, but surely not for a daemon of your status. If you will do this, I will tell you anything you wish to know that I know.
    The demon in man's flesh capers slightly clapping a hand as the noise blaster's focused array of destruction vapourised what once had been a human.

Flicking his head back up the "psyker" cackled again as Vul spoke. "little mortal. Does the Master march to the Dog's bark. Does a Star take heed of the rocks that orbit it.

You were outwitted. You in your might, he in his cunning. No wonder he has found favour with the Changer of Ways. All muct change, all must evolve to improve. Think on this.

His eyes shifted slightly as a slight air of menace entered them... Now if we are to speak of Boons... We should speak of thoise that may allow you to continue your sluggish mortal lives. THe beacon below. It hurts us tainted and flawed by its devotion to my debauched cousin. It should burn with the pure blue fire of the Changer.

The psyker leans forward, hunching its shoulders ina birdlike manner, perched on one foot and leaning forward. "On the speck of dust beneath is a trader with a book. The book has the ritual. If you can do this "small boon" then I may think on a reward for you"

As he finishes speaking all of the acolytes can feel the images of a decrpit bazaar underneath a soot laden rusted glass dome. The small book trader - a crazed half naked man with cloven hooves protective of his small stall of "religious tomes" that is ignored by most.

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone can make an opposed (+20 WP ) test if they want to resist getting the image of the stall on the planet below.

Resist against (1d100)[94] TN89+45+40 = 174 (+2 DoS from Unnatural WP)

12. - Top - End - #72

Phinneas, a machine, did not receive the mental image. He did, however, make note of the various things the greater daemon wished for. He also found the analysis of the magus' actions to be quite interesting. Vul seemed to have a bit more Khorne in him than a psyker ought to.

The elderly healer continued to stand where he was and wait. That's all there was to do.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Why must daemons be so pointlessly enigmatic? Vul thinks to himself.

For the first time, he responds aloud. "A greater level of detail would be valuable. There are many domes here, and countless such stalls with maddened wretches. How far is it from here?"
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

The psyker still his odd pose rocks back and forth cackling loudly. "If you cannot find that then your life is of little value to me.

It stretches slightly. "I shall explore my new body. Speak quickly or depart my presence. My patience thins". As he speaks he hops over to one of the spawnified guards, plucking a few bits of flesh and beginning to chew on them.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

"I will depart shortly. I need a mere moment or two to check for anything worthwhile." Vul moves towards the pulpit. If the daemon doesn't stop him, he will examine it for any texts or artifacts left behind. Also, if the daemon isn't holding it, he will pick up the former psyker's staff.
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #76

Phinneas glanced around, drawing successfully on the warp -- how interesting, his command of it had returned -- but seeing no objects of power. If there were any, the Lord of Change would most likely obtain them later. A pity, but there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Wandering back outside, the healer considered his next move. With nothing else to do, Phinneas decided to wait until Alicia came and said hello, if she ever would, and then would head to meet with the Warlord. He couldn't recall the man's name. Troubling, but unsurprising. It took a while for Phinneas to remember names, let alone learn them.

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show
    This was kinda being written as all this conversation was going on, so the start relates to when the psyker starts talking.

Breathing slowing, Alicia crushed the last pitiful wretch with a flex of her gauntlet. While it was satisfying to lay into the mindless cattle, the experience had been too short. The daemon's words interrupting her reverie, Alicia started to pay attention to the other figures dotting the temple.

The monolithic terminator was, from the daemon's words, a witch. Though she would never admit it, Alicia was impressed. The majority of brain-jobs she'd met (and usually consequently killed) were cowardly little things, barely fit for the battlefield. This one was a true warrior, almost worthy of the blood god. And answering Vaal's call to war. As her eyes alighted on the twisted form of the second astartes, she set her features into a sneer. A Slaanite. One of the decadent slaves to the Dark Prince. And he's brought his pet. No doubt more competition. And of course there was Phinneas. An oddity. The craven witch that she somehow found herself liking.

Standing tall (or at least as tall as one can beside two corrupt astartes), Alicia stays silent while the daemon and the sorceror converse. No doubt he had the greater experience with such entities.
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-11-14 at 06:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

A sorcerer seemingly demanding something from a greater daemon, the daemon calling said sorcerer a failure and then sending one to do its bidding. Farius thought the whole situation was peculiar. He looked around the room and realized that most of the guards had mutated into chaos spawns as well. He could not figure out why. Was it the work of the greater daemon or one of the psykers he came there with, he wondered. He was more used to people just keeling over dying from shock when he was in his trance of destruction, not turning to mutated spawns.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-14 at 06:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

As he walks towards the pulpit, a sudden flash of inspiration strikes Vul. He stows away his autocannon and removes his helmet, revealing his face. His visage resembles Warmaster Horus to an enormous extent. In fact, one might call him the spitting image of his gene-father were it not for one noticeable detail - his eyes are purple with the energy of the Warp and constantly emit a very soft glow.

Vul kneels beside several of the human corpses, avoiding those with notable mutations. He consumes the flesh of numerous humans, using his Omophagea to learn fragments of what they knew in life. As soon as he is done consuming the flesh of mortals, he replaces his helmet and strides quickly to the pulpit, pausing to pick up the psyker's staff on the way. Once there, he examines the pulpit for anything on or inside it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Omophagea implant, I can get some of the info the cultists knew. What do they know that I do not?
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

The room is still and quiet save for the sound of eating as the khornate woman stands beside the Astartes apparently watching the possessed psyker eating the fallen.

Slowly Vul lumbers up to the point by the pulpit. A staff fallen on the floor, tiny, like kindling in his hands. Behind the pulpit several worn tomes wrapped in human flesh with fairly heretical teachings within.

Spoiler
    Show

He has a nice good quality staff that he used as a psy-focus with some nice pictures carved on it.

Stopping the Terminator slowly removes his helmet, a delicate task and also begins to eat the dead. A swirling mix of memories flooding into him. Begging in the tiny squalid under deck regions of the station, the territories of the different reaver bands that occupy the sprawling tens of kilometres of space piers, the feeling of warp jumping aboard a reaver ship, the bliss of obscura and the many repeated memories of being in the Temple hearing the Master Vissilch spread his holy words...

Spoiler
    Show
    The peons amongst the horde have very little in the way of useful memories. They have for the most part live short squalid lives amongst the space docks and the passing Reaver vessels.

Are you guys wantng to do anything else aboard the space docks or happy to head down to the planet beneath?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Vul takes every single tome and object from the pulpit, leaving nothing behind, in case the coward should return. No point in leaving anything he could use. Vul muses to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    How many books do I get? Are there any other objects? And does the pulpit itself look at all funny in the Warp?
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #82

As the sorcerer loots the collection of arcane lore, Alicia shakes her head sadly. If only she'd been able to find those demolition charges...

Turning away from the terminator, she remembers her old companion. "Phinneas. It has been a while. What brings you to this world of cattle?"

23. - Top - End - #83

Phinneas gestured with his cane towards the ceiling. "The fates guided me here, to heal the wounds of this man's war. If those I save wish to compensate me, then they shall. If not, then I shall continue to hold the perpetual spark in my heart, the spark of knowledge. Knowing I saved one to go and fight another day. I believe your Lord of Blood is fond of individuals dying on the field of combat? But in truth, I am here because I am here. There is no greater or more profound explanation than that.

"And what of yourself, Alicia Kalt? What brings you here?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Leaving the Temple filled with with death and (literal) chaos the party still gently conversing left the Temple. The bazaar outside is quieter, many people having fled the are as sounds of heavy weaponry and the whispers of Astartes had whipped through the busy flea market.

Helped by Vul's newly acquired emories of te layout out of the space port Vul was able to lead them slowly towards the planetside edge as the sceams began from the first looters rushing into the temple... A cloud of psychic energy swirling around the Temple visible to both of the psykers.

Soon enough passage is booked upon a decending ore barge. One looks at the Acolytes enough to convince the small time barge captain to allow the to travel and part with some of his stronger spirits and within 30 minutes of leaving the temple the ramshackle collection of metal and rock stretches across the void like a ragged line above you. The planet approaching fast below as you whip through the thick toxic storm filled clouds. An age seems to pass as you drop through the dense clouds before the Captain fires the retrothrusters and the heavy squat barge flares out under the cloud. A vile and ugly bowl filled valley with decaying hab blocks, sprawling and cracked hab domes filled with slaves and a large central dome of soot smeared armourglass housing hte main body of the town. On the edges amidst the slave blocks are the smoke churning Dark Forges of the dark magos. THe hint of a massive towering edifice on the mountains is all you get as you plummet past the famed Citadel of Skulls. Lord Val's home.

The spaceport - rusting freighters, cracked pads and a few huge cargo loading bays is busy andbustling but nothing compared to the throng pushing and queing to get down the covered tunnel and into the main part of the town. Skaarsdelve maybe a small hell but its the only place to be on Inquity with its slave pits, pleasure palaces, bazaars and gladiator pits. And ruling it lord Karrad Vall. HIs summons merely saying to come to SKaarsdelve for the Greater glor of the Dark Gods...

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the city.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Out of the way. Out of the way." Vul says as he walks towards the exit of the port, brushing aside lesser beings and simply crushing underfoot anyone stupid enough to fail to comply with his wishes.

As Vul walks towards and out of the exit, he keeps a careful eye out for two things - the psychic hood he desires, and the stall he saw in the daemon's projection.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea if I can do this here, but I'm making an Infamy test for a Psychic hood:

(1d100)[74] vs. 36 (Trade Legion Bolt Pistol and Staff) <--- Fail

Awareness test for the place we're looking for:

(1d100)[35] vs. 57
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-15 at 02:35 AM.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #86

Phinneas followed in the wake of the terminator, also looking for such a hood. He hadn't seen the stall, so he couldn't search for it. His psychic powers were also being taxed, sustaining both his awareness and the cavalcade of horror, but the value was remarkable in having such things.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[21] v. 36 (trading sword + laspistol + laspistol clips)

27. - Top - End - #87

"Promises of glory and conquest. Warlord Vaal calls for powerful allies. Very much the same reason as your companions here, I would assume"

Spoiler
    Show
    That was meant to be posted before leaving the temple

Striding alongside Phinneas in the wake of the terminator, Alicia keeps her eyes out for the supplies the station had lacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, I'd like to add a backpack to the things I'm looking for. (1d100)[12] vs 59.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The heretics push up through the crowd of heretic soldiers, slaves and mutants filling the partially shielded concourses. Cracks and holes in the concrete and glass walls and roofs letting in small amounts of toxic gases or leaving pitted holes from acidic rains that drip on the ground where people fear to walk.

The main hab dome is a large structure and an intricate warren of maze like tunnels, corridors, stairways and skyscraper like hab quarters built into the support struts where mutants and serfs scurried around. THe grease and filth covered floor is packed full of people in a great bustle. The glass dome smeared and filty giving only the faintest orange light that is supplemented by numerous flickering and broken glow globes.

Heavily armed "enforcers" the mark of the Warlord Vaal upon their chests wander in groups of 3 or 4 staring defianltly at man, mutant or astartes that crosses their path, many of the enforcers ex-Astartes themselves. Everywhere you cans ee armed heretics come to answer the Warlords call. Some bear ritual scars, others tatoos or crude mockeries of Imperial uniform but all have come for the Warlord.

Elsehwhere the inns and gambling dens are full with shouts, cheers and brutal knife or gun fights exploding onto the broad avenues. The gladiator pits are packed with blood soaking into the metal gratings and the pleaseure palaces groan with the decadent pleasures within. Its a town packed like a promethium charge ready to go off.

As Vul walks the streets, people moving out of the way of his vast bulk the scene becomes familiar. A crack in the galss dome dripping toxic rain. THe gap betwene 3 buildings and finally - there - tucked behind a pile of traders with a host of crude melee and chain weapons a tatterred book stall. The owner sitting in his own filth engrossed in tatted strips of papyrus covered in flowing demonic script.

Spoiler
    Show

You can see the books seller.

29. - Top - End - #89

Phinneas was as passive and silent as ever while he followed behind the terminator. "An interesting world we've been called to. I am riddled with fear to think of what may happen should we attempt to pursue the goals of our secondary benefactor." His voice was monotonous, however -- his being riddled with fear seemed rather jaded.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Vul is adjusting his new trophy rack. "Then I should hope you get over that fear quickly, for there is the image from the daemon's vision." Vul points to the book stall.

Without further comment, the massive sorcerer simply strides up to the stall, brushing away those before him and crushing those too slow or stupid to remove themselves from his path. Once at the stall, he gazes at the books with his Warpsight, looking to see which books have the aura of magic about them.

"Which of these books has a Tzeentchian ritual in it?" Vul asks the trader.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-15 at 06:24 PM.
    -Me