New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - IC

Farius always found it fascinating when walking among people how they almost equally drew closer to him like a calming lantern in the night as they bowed away out of fear of his horrifying visage. He thought of it as a wonderful contradiction.

It seemed Vul had lead them to the stall in the brief vision he had seen during the conversation with the daemon, but he was unsure what exactly they were doing there. Farius had not been very focused at the time, and had missed most of the details. He assumed that the sorcerer-warrior knew atleast.

"Fear? I am sure it is nothing to be fearful of, Phinneas."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

The sage looks up from the scroll he was reading intently. His two eyes jagged pitted pus ridden scars in his face as his head tilts towards you. A look of faint concentration on his face.

As he examines you both a faint wave of excitment passes over him... "I can feel them breathing. Can you feel the? Brushing so close, I can almost touch them.."

Spoiler
    Show

Just to double check Lu' from your earlier post you implied that you were still sustaining Cavalcade of Horrors, is that still the case?

He gestures at the stall. THe books and tomes piled haphazardly together. Some metallic tomes, some paper, some skin or other such materials and many a tangled mix of languages in no particular order. "I have rituals, rituals to kill, rituals to cure, rituals to hurt. But rituals of the changer, no I have none of those at all?" his voice curiously sing song in in its tone.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

The elderly fellow just stood and waited for the trader to reply, considering the words of Vul and Farius. He hoped they were correct.

Glancing around, he sent out a psychic wave to see if there were any other psychically active individuals nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[62] v. 75 for Glimpse -- Passed
    (1d100)[21] v. X, 45 if the above failed, 60 if the above succeeded. 3 BDoS -- 7 DoS total.

EDIT: To the above question -- I am sustaining two powers, yes. Thus why my Psy Rating here is effectively 3 instead of 5.

EDIT2: My apologies, I had misunderstood something. My Psy Rating is currently 3, not 5. The above has been edited to reflect this.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-15 at 06:19 PM.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? Because I heard otherwise. Perhaps you should check again." says Vul, tapping his inactive chainfist dangerously on the stall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d100)[52] vs. 70

4 DoS, with Unnatural Strength from being an Astartes.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-15 at 06:25 PM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the masked Phinease stands silently he can sense a dark and rolling field of warp energy flowing around the strange blind sage in front of him and other wisps of psychic energy flowing off people in the crowd nearby.

Though still above the dome the beacon of thousands of souls being sacrificed was like a constant roar in the sky above him, a single line of raw psychic energy beaming into void.

6. - Top - End - #96

An expression of utmost contempt on her face, Alicia leans down to the filthy little creature. "Maybe finding one will mean you'll live past the next few minutes..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:(1d100)[86] vs 80 (assuming I'm stronger than him for Pity the Weak - 50+10(unnatural str) +10 (trophy rack) +10 (PtW)).
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-11-15 at 06:26 PM.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

7. - Top - End - #97

"You have a most peculiar way of introducing yourself to our brethren, old friend," Phinneas said as he walked to the side of Vul and at the sage. "We don't mean to take the tome from you, friend. We only wish to see it, to confirm it exists."

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d100]/roll] v. 75 for Glimpse.
    (1d100)[55] v. X. 75 if the above failed, 90 if the above succeeded. This is a Deceive test.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

The blind sage hunches down slightly droolinga dn whispering to himself. "She will hutr me if they take things. But she'll hurt them worse she will." he continues muttering until Phineas moves to speak with him.

"They can't take the books. They are hers and she loves them. A book for a book. A tooth for a tooth. Eyes for eyes... he cackles off into madness at the last, his scareed sockets still weeping pus.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Farius found the old man distasteful, the pus from his eye sockets reminding him of those dedicated to the filthy Nurgle. It was not beauty, in the least. He had to suppress an urge to destroy the old man, sparing him from his existence. And the riddles. Farius was not usually one to think through a problem, so riddles he did not bother with. That was for those of the Lord of Lies.

He turned around a bit, gesturing to Kurin, allowing him to stand down for now and have some of his rations the mutant had obtained before-hand. Farius thought this was a good moment as any, as he did not think Kurin actually needed to be there in the first place.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh goodie. A lunatic slave of one of Slaanesh's daemons." grumbles Vul. With the mutant now apparently worthless to him, he shoves the drooling fool aside and simply takes the stall apart with his power, seizing every book and tome on or in it.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-15 at 06:47 PM.
    -Me

11. - Top - End - #101

Phinneas turned and looked at Farius. "Would you agree with me that it is doubtful this poor man is a servant of your Dark Master, Farius?"

12. - Top - End - #102

Prodding the gibbering old man with her boot, few times, Alicia rolls her eyes. "A fine little waste of time indeed." Straightening up, she glances around at the assembled group. "Any ideas as to the 'she'?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

"Slaaneshi daemon, almost certainly. The Lord of Change referred to it as "my debauched cousin", and this thing called it "she". Slaaneshi daemons most frequently appear feminine and are the daemons who are described as such most often. Keeper of Secrets level is most likely, if it can bother a Lord of Change."

Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Daemonology), to see if I know anything about Slaaneshi daemons in these parts: (1d100)[27] vs. 32
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #104

Phinneas knelt down and placed a mechanical hand to the mutant's forehead, channeling the quixotically healing powers of Chaos into the fellow.

If the rations Kurin had were within 10 meters of Phinneas, they would have spoiled. All food and water went bad near the elderly healer. It was the 'tax of healing,' as he called it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have dropped Preternatural Awareness, putting me back to PR5.

(1d100)[98] v. 102. 91 or above is an automatic failure.

Presuming it doesn't fail, (1d10)[2] + 5 damage is healed. I doubt he's actually injured, but it's more just the exercising of such a maneuver.

EDIT: Huh.

The power didn't take, however. Phinneas nodded to himself and stood. Chaos wouldn't see this man healed today.

"It bepuzzles the mind to think such a man would be a devotee to Slaanesh. I remain unconvinced."
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-15 at 07:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

"Quite. He is not one of the Prince of Excess', the old man lacking in every aspect I can tell. It's tragic, really." he answered Phinneas wholly convinced.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"And why is that? Do you know any other "she's" that a daemon would describe as a "debauched cousin"?"
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #107

"You are taking the words from a greater daemon of Tzeentch and applying what you believe is logic to them in order to draw a conclusion," the healer said dryly. "There are nondaemonic forces which this poor man may have been referring to. And among the daemonkin, I have no doubt some are debauched and others not without having to be aligned with the Prince of Excess."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could imagine one such Keeper having fun with this man, however. But if he was one of my kind, nigh-perfect followers of the Dark God of Perfection, I would destroy his form where he lies." Farius exclaimed with a genuine sense of conviction, his voice now almost booming with an eerie tone and his visage seemingly growing more intimidating.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"Then there are two questions worth asking you: why do you think this is not a Slaaneshi daemon, and what do you think it is?" says Vul as his telekinetic hands gather up the last of the tomes and objects into a neat stack, the one the mutant was reading on top.
    -Me

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Books, tomes and scrolls go everywhere as the Terminator barrels into the stall.His telekinetic powers far finer than his natural ones encased in the massive ceramite armour.

From stacking them up and knocking them over Vul does not have an idea whats in any of the books really, his knowledge of demon lore on this world limited to his awareness of the beacon and the daemonettes that feed it with human sacrifice

Even as he shoves the man aside Phinease kneels down besode but apparently the psychic healing recoid from the miasma of psychic energy gripping the crazed sage.

His face turns a shade darker as the terminator starts moving things as he scrambles onto the top of the neat stack knocking them alll flying. A cry of "no. my children. My children. and a wailing, She will know you have touched them. SHe will know and you will suffere 1001 torments! Prince of Pleasure help me frok these ugly ones who would steal the writings of your glory!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"1000 and 1 torments? Please. I've heard that line more times than I care to remember. At least show some originality in your pathetic threats." Vul says casually as he draws his force sword, his chainfist whirring to life. "And now, little man, you die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Standard Attack

Force Sword: (1d100)[57] vs. 70 (80 if he counts as prone)

Chainfist: (1d100)[68] vs. 70 (80 if he counts as prone)
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The sorcerer-warrior was surprisingly impatient. Quite uncharacteristic of one of his kind. If his threats did not bear fruit, he would kill you. How tactless, Farius thought.

Then there was the outcry for the Prince of Pleasure by the old disgusting man. Farius was surprised. He could not believe they had worshipped the same Dark God. But of course, he was likely to just think he did, seduced by a daemonette into doing her bidding or similar. Countless ways. Farius had no inclination to sooth the man or the sorcerer, though. If there was violence, so be it. The sorcerer-warrior should accomplish it, and take the blame if he was surely one important to a Slaaneshi daemon. With a gesture, Kurin readied himself from his short break eating what seemed like spoiled food, in case of something happening. No matter. He had probably eaten worse before.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-16 at 09:06 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Phinneas nodded once while the combat began. "It would seem my caution was for naught. Although I am thoroughly depressed that this poor fellow worships Slaanesh -- the standards must have been lowered. Tut tut." Still in the same monotone.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

As the force sword begins to clear the scabbard and the chainfist comes whistling down the man looks up directly at Vul and howls a long worldless howl.

His sack cloth ripping away to reveal the full body tatoos or writhing chaotic runes and icons of blasphey of gods of slaneesh commiting depravities upon mortals. Its a horrific sight searing into all of your minds as the icons twist and writhe upon his flesh in a display of true horror...

Spoiler
    Show

Could you please all test against Fear 3 as he displays Icons of Blasphemy
    - Obvioulsy Fabrius is immune having his own personal zone of terror in his beautifaul mind. And possibly admiring the Slaneeshi works of art. If he dies he may make a fine wall hanging.

Even as the blasphemies are revealed the psyker shrugs off the his mind's shackles and reacehs into the deepest depths of his madness as he unleashes the pent up agony of 4 decades of torment and suffering - the hellshriek blasting everything within 33m in a vast wave of psychic soul rending energy...

Spoiler
    Show

Hellshriek
    Focus Test (1d100)[63] TN ? + 55 +10 =
    - Infamy re-roll if >60 rolled (1d100)[7]
    -- Phenomomonon (1d100+30)[44]
    -- Perils (1d100)[32]

Does (2d10+11)[18] Damage with Concussive(1) And warp quailties

Even as he howls his madness the souls of those nearby are wracked with energy and the winds howl and whip up scattering papers and other materials widely in a huge gust that sends bystanders clutching their shattered minds toppling to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Easy (+30) Str or Agility or knocked over
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-16 at 05:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[60] v. 62 for Fear. Farius' radiant presence gives us a bonus to fear tests.
    (1d100)[88] v. 45. Overloads on a 1-3.
    (1d100)[5] v. 55 to avoid being knocked down.

Unaffected by the Icon of Blasphemy, Phinneas used the psychic hood to nullify the effects of the hellshriek. "That was rather rude of him," the healer said of the blind mutant.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am not in 7 Critical Damage, in fact, nor am I suffering blood loss or 5 permanent toughness damage. I forgot I had the psychic hood.

Also, Host of Fiends is still active.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-16 at 05:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Vul laughs hysterically as his trusted armor once again comes through for him, his enemy's puny scream merely glancing harmlessly off the surface, leaving him standing and intact. He laughs even harder when he sees the markings of the Dark Prince covering his foe's body. He laughs so incredibly hard that he seems to be feeling the caress of the Warp itself. He starts singing, loudly and off-key, as he unleashes his vicious weapons. "Kill, crush and maim and die and death are all arroooound"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still attacking, and hitting with both weapons.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #117

Alicia collapses at the sight of the horrific runes, mind cracking under the strain. Seconds later, the psyker's shriek tears into her.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d5)[5]rounds unconscious, 1 critical damage to wherever the hellshriek hit.
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-11-16 at 06:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Spoiler
    Show
    Lots of discussion still going on in the OOC thread, but Phinneas gets to act this turn, so I'm going to go ahead and write out my actions. However, mutations can take time, so whether he has infernal will and wings immediately should be the subject of consideration.

i.e. he shouldn't have those mutations yet.

(1d100)[66] v. 102, automatic failure on a 91-100.

Neural Storm.

Phinneas stepped backwards two meters, stepping so that the prone form of Alicia was between himself and the mutating figure before him. Pulling on the capacitors within his body, the elderly healer attempted to let out a string of bio-lightning.

Two crackling streams of white lightning cracked across from his outstretched hand to the blind mutant, taking but a moment and a crack of thunder to get there. Phinneas' mastery of the warp allowed him to augment the bio-lightning further, giving him the ability to induce twitches in the body. With any luck, the rapidly mutating mutant would also be stunned by the lightning.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two toughness tests. He used his reaction this round, so unless he has Step Aside, I believe he's been hit twice in the tummy.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-11-16 at 06:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Farius had been wrong. He was convinced of the elderly blind man being a worshipper of the Prince of Chaos when he saw the man's body, full of glorified chaos writing dedicated to his Prince. It was beautiful, and he felt a want for it. But it was in no way close to Farius' own warp-infused flesh, in part of the chaotic divine. The others seemed to react to it though in various ways. The sorcerer-warrior went almost insane while the human kneeled over.

Then a blast of corruption hit him, and knocked him down to his knees, his power armour's mechanical joints unable to keep him up. And then a vicious warp effect went through him. It was almost overwhelming, but Farius sustained himself in the chaos and corruption, instead finding solace in it, a way of getting closer to the Prince of Excess.

Lightning, or something. He was not able to see it, but he could hear it crackling. Was it Phinneas? Was it Vul or the old man? He managed to look up briefly and saw it leaving the hand of Phinneas. It looked bleak for the old Slaaneshi worshipper now.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-16 at 07:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Total carnage breaks out! Even as the venerable terminator goes for his sword the blind sage senses the attack and unleashes his psychic counter and his own fearful body. Farius, Kurin and Alicia are bowled over by the combination of horror at the blasphemies of the Prince of Depravity and the force of the psychic attack and beyond in a vast circle the interior of the bazaar nearby is a see of bodies thrashing around the ground, vomiting in horror, fleeing or weeping over the shattered remains of their bodies. Only the massive frame of Terminator armour and the deep psychic mysteries of millenia of practice shield Phinease and Vul from harm as they stand firm in the face of the wave of destruction.

The carnage was not over as the terminator struck - the sage howling as the force sword carved a deep gash into his chest before the killing will of a vengeful astartes poured down the blade and the sage burned! His flesh crackling and crisping as he slid off the blade amidst the spectral gale. Already summoned by Phineas the Host of fiends soared through the gap in the warp that Vul had created their whispers and ephemereal claws savaging and twisting the nearby traders, heretics and mercaneries as they tore at the psyches of those nearby - those who were not fleeing in terror.

Even as the sage tumbled backwards afire bolts of lightning struck him slamming into his body - his skin crisping as vile corruption tried to call free. Wings sprouting from his spine as flesh ran like wax in the lightning storm before all that remained was a charred skeleton.

In the chaos of shouting and alarm both Vul and Phineas could see enforcers shouting and firing into the air. Numerous other fights breaking out nearby as people sought to settle old scores or loot in the chaos and the area began to descend into something akin to a Hive World block War. A series of maintenance tunnels - dank, dirty and unused a tempting place to run to once their colleagues had recovered amidst the blood and scattered books and Tomes...

Spoiler
    Show

As chaos reigns in the immediate vicinty are you staying and talkig to guards? Killing the guards? Or going to grab stuff, your friends and then run and hide till things calm down?