New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Hydromancer

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Hydromancer

I was taking a stroll through the google today and I happened upon a website. Now I've since accidentally deleted it, but I kept the images from it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now my question is "WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE HYDROMANCER"
    I know the Wizard is the base for this character but there's a lot there that I can't find. Please, guide me in the right direction, either to where it exists, or where I can find a level 6 version of this build.
    Roleplay is Important Alway come Prepared
    Credit to the absolutely stunning Mavis Vermilion Avatar goes to the Amazing Ceika
    I always Carouse, I never Peruse, it's much more fun to find things my way.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Hydromancer

Afai Can see, it just looks to be a character of arcane origin that would enjoy frost cheese.
    Credit to the absolutely stunning Mavis Vermilion Avatar goes to the Amazing Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Compare the power blocks; this looks like it's been heavily reskinned. The power labeled as "Freezing Current" is actually freezing burst, from Heroes of the Fallen Lands. You're on your own for the rest.

However, if it's a water-themed spellcaster you're looking for? Have a look at the sorcerer (elementalist) in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. One build for each classical element, water included, though of course I prefer FIRE because of its absolute superiority among damage types.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of fire elementalists, Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC is one, and is to date probably the most powerful and feared character in my FTDM game.

Mind you though, the characters are all only level 2.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Speaking of fire elementalists, Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC is one, and is to date probably the most powerful and feared character in my FTDM game.

I... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

It's a classic ice mage build with some of the powers renamed, although I question the theme picked and the versatile resist feat.

A good power choice for level 5/6/7 would be Acid Mire, Wizard's Escape (refluffed as turning into water, same as the racial movement ability), and Corrosive Mist.

Also, a genasi wizard should obviously be investing in strength, rather than constitution, and take the feat Elemental Empowerment.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

7. - Top - End - #7

Because that's not de-rail at all. -_-

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    It's a classic ice mage build with some of the powers renamed, although I question the theme picked and the versatile resist feat.

A good power choice for level 5/6/7 would be Acid Mire, Wizard's Escape (refluffed as turning into water, same as the racial movement ability), and Corrosive Mist.

Also, a genasi wizard should obviously be investing in strength, rather than constitution, and take the feat Elemental Empowerment.
    Thank you.

9. - Top - End - #9

Alright, I went with a Watersoul Genasi Elementalist (Water) with the Elemental Empowerment (Elemental Arcane spells have a bonus of Charisma, Constitution and Strength to damage, so woo, Wintertouched feats. I need 2 more now. Ideas?
    I was thinking maybe some Light Armor Proficiency, an Elemental Companion, but open to better suggestions.

10. - Top - End - #10

I took Extra Manifestation (Firesoul) and Leather Armor Proficiency.
    Now all I need is a badass name.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Compare the power blocks; this looks like it's been heavily reskinned. The power labeled as "Freezing Current" is actually freezing burst, from Heroes of the Fallen Lands. You're on your own for the rest.
    I'm actually really impressed with the reskinning job. It's a bit too frostcheese-enabled, but it looks like a very fun, thematic character. I see Color Spray and Shield, with new flavor.

-O

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ExemplarofAvg View Post
    Because that's not de-rail at all. -_-
    I'm just giving the Fire Elementalist a glowing recommendation to echo vash's post; it was absolutely a top performer in my game.

13. - Top - End - #13

I'm just giving the Fire Elementalist a glowing recommendation to echo vash's post; it was absolutely a top performer in my game.
    In my defense, I really didn't need any support whatsoever. The fact that the fire elementalist uses FIRE is reason enough for its superiority.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I threw together a mid-Paragon tiefling fire elementalist without any serious high-op tricks one time. I was extremely impressed at how potent it looked just from picking pretty obvious stuff you'd want to do with any arcane striker.

(That obvious stuff being: Hellfire Blood, Primordial Adept (the fire one), and a fire-based Superior Implement rather than the Accurate one. For more fun, Rolling Thunder + Arcane Admixture works splendidly.)

-O