New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Finally new {tablet pen] was received! o(*⌒―⌒*)ⅴ
    Woo. I'm very happy for you. Since you're asking for requests, maybe I will give you one?

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hello everyone!

I am very happy, however it became cold. So, running from train station to my heated table, I wanted to write such a triumph. Sorry for making noise like that.

It was wanted firstly to sketch such a season picture. However, picture became summer accidentally.
    I think it is because I want summer.

Because it is long time without pen tablet, probably nothing much should be expected. However, even though it is cold, I am happy so color was used.

Spoiler
    Show

To bring to camping trip, Non is good choice because prestige class level cooking and adventure skills.

Also to bring Eris is useful to make fires easily. Probably she will not enjoy such a reliance, however.

Kamome always has cheerful warmhearted personality. Actually a special feat of Kamome is [Starlight Navigation]. Probably you will never become lost with her.

Yfa Keter Ain is a loafer. Probably she came anyway without asking. (,-`Д´-)

By the way, it was read comet ISON will come soon. I want to go mountain climbing and watch.

I want to draw many things to practice. If there are request, please ask freely.
    Hooray for new tablet! I also got a new graphic tablet recently, though it turned out that I don't use it that often anymore. I hope your new tablet pen serves you well!

And as usual, that picture is beautiful, Kasanip. I hope you can see the comet!
    Last edited by Fri; 2013-11-25 at 06:31 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

It's good to have you back and to hear that you've got a new pen for your tablet. Even if it came in the middle of the winter, which is colder in Japan than here as far as I can tell.

Also, I might actually have a request this time. It would be a larger work since it would be a group picture with five characters on it, though.

4. - Top - End - #274

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello everyone!

I am very happy, however it became cold. So, running from train station to my heated table, I wanted to write such a triumph. Sorry for making noise like that.

It was wanted firstly to sketch such a season picture. However, picture became summer accidentally.
    I think it is because I want summer.

Because it is long time without pen tablet, probably nothing much should be expected. However, even though it is cold, I am happy so color was used.

Spoiler
    Show

To bring to camping trip, Non is good choice because prestige class level cooking and adventure skills.

Also to bring Eris is useful to make fires easily. Probably she will not enjoy such a reliance, however.

Kamome always has cheerful warmhearted personality. Actually a special feat of Kamome is [Starlight Navigation]. Probably you will never become lost with her.

Yfa Keter Ain is a loafer. Probably she came anyway without asking. (,-`Д´-)

By the way, it was read comet ISON will come soon. I want to go mountain climbing and watch.

I want to draw many things to practice. If there are request, please ask freely.
    That is a wonderful picture you drew. It's great to see three of those four characters again.

I've got no requests myself at the moment. I'm on the last two weeks of the semester before exams, so I find myself rather busy at this time.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Sure!

Something you'd like me to color in.
    Maybe it is something easy, however here is such a sketch of Madeline.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: big size
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    OH MY GOSH!!! Sword Art Online!!! I love that anime!!

And Kurko, Uiharu, and Saten!!!

These are the best sketches to come back from a long hiatus Kasanip!!!
    Thank you very much. Probably more they should be sketched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Woo. I'm very happy for you. Since you're asking for requests, maybe I will give you one?
    Please ask freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Hooray for new tablet! I also got a new graphic tablet recently, though it turned out that I don't use it that often anymore. I hope your new tablet pen serves you well!

And as usual, that picture is beautiful, Kasanip. I hope you can see the comet!
    Thank you very much! I hope to see Fri sketch again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    It's good to have you back and to hear that you've got a new pen for your tablet. Even if it came in the middle of the winter, which is colder in Japan than here as far as I can tell.

Also, I might actually have a request this time. It would be a larger work since it would be a group picture with five characters on it, though.
    Thank you! Please ask freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    That is a wonderful picture you drew. It's great to see three of those four characters again.

I've got no requests myself at the moment. I'm on the last two weeks of the semester before exams, so I find myself rather busy at this time.
    Thank you! Yes, it seems new character recently are only few. Fight for your exam!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm... y'know, I'm kinda curious what a GenCrawl Gaiden style character would look like, if done by you. (The whole silhouetted with glowy eyes and informing lighting deal.)

There's something adorable about the way you draw. Maybe this will help in figuring out what makes it work! I have to know~! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2013-11-26 at 12:17 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Requests eh...

Then I will request a drawing of Rosenberg. You are free to portray him as you feel.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

Thank you for the offer of taking requests, then. I think I will give you one then, though you should of course feel under no pressure to draw it if you don't feel like it. It's of the characters in my Legends of the Wulin game, though unlike most wuxia, it's set in the modern day. There are five characters, however. I'll just describe them one by one.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Miyako: Miyako is the ordinary girl. A slender teenage girl of average height with long, black hair she wears a fairly ordinary school uniform. She's probably got a fairly serious expression too, at least she tends to be the most serious of the bunch. She does, however, carry at least one combat knife and an unknown number of throwing knives to break her ordinary image.

Julia: Unlike Miyako, Julia definitely isn't an ordinary girl. A tall, athletic girl with long, blond hair she has a number of features common to wolves, including fangs, dull, yellow eyes, thick furlike hair and even the classic ears and tails of a wolf-girl. She dresses in the softer kind of punk with things such as tartan skirts, fitted tees with the anarchy symbol and similar, along with military boots. And she carries both a European saber and a wakizashi. She also usually looks either overly cheerful or vaguely confused and stupid if there isn't a specific cause for any other expression.

Asuka: A rather small, somewhat cruel and unpleasant looking girl with long hair in a ponytail, a red newsboy cap and the same uniform as Miyako. She also wears a long coat covered in pockets tied around the waist.

Hakufu: A giant, delinquent girl with short, messy tiger striped hair who tends to look overly excited about whatever she's doing at a given moment. She dresses in the classic costume of delinquent kids with chest wrappings and a long, open coat hanging from the shoulders rather than actually getting worn.

Fujiko: Physically rather average, Fujiko is a miko who wears what an NPC called the "third-most scandalous miko outfit this year", which is to say a rather revealing version of the classic uniform. Her expression would probably follow suit for that flirtiness, even though she's ultimately fairly conservative in most other regards and confuses her religions by carrying a shakujo.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

I sent you a PM with my request, Kasanip. Hope it's okay!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Always interested to see how others interpret my characters. Can you do Onore, from Godhood?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #281

What the heck, if you're looking for requests to practice on then I might as well ask. If you have the chance or it seems interesting, can you please have a go at my Legends of the Wulin character, Verdant Glade?

Spoiler
    Show
    She's a tall, strong-looking seventeen-year-old girl, half-Chinese and half-Indian, with dark skin, bright green eyes, and dyed green hair either braided or in a ponytail. She looks and acts kind of like a mix between Korra and Sasha. She fights with a jian, and dresses fairly practically, probably in black combat pants, boots, fingerless combat gloves, and a green silk shirt. She always has many snacks hidden on her, so she definitely needs to have pockets! She uses the Wood element and gardens as a hobby, so her clothes might have floral patterns, or she might have actual flowers on her. She's lighthearted character, so both cool action and silly antics (especially involving food) are suitable.

By the way, I'm not only requesting this character because Fri's already drawn her and so it's a chance to pit the two of you against each other in some sort of artistic deathmatch. That's just a bonus.
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2013-12-02 at 03:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm... y'know, I'm kinda curious what a GenCrawl Gaiden style character would look like, if done by you. (The whole silhouetted with glowy eyes and informing lighting deal.)

There's something adorable about the way you draw. Maybe this will help in figuring out what makes it work! I have to know~! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    It is very different from normal style. I'm sorry, I don't know characters of this comic. If it is designed by Kasanip, maybe this kind of feeling?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Requests eh...

Then I will request a drawing of Rosenberg. You are free to portray him as you feel.
    Sorry, description of Rosenberg could not be found by me, so only it could be seen sketch of TechnOkami. Somehow [cloak] became drawn. Maybe druid is this kind of feeling?

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Always interested to see how others interpret my characters. Can you do Onore, from Godhood?
    Such an [armor] hasn't been drawn for long time. I became lazy to draw legs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terraoblivion, Tengu_temp and kamikasei: I will study and draw these request next!

I am jealous Fri, Terraoblivion and Tengu_temp are playing game together!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

*pat pat*
    It's a fun game. We could always take an extra player, I think! Though you would have to learn the system.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, description of Rosenberg could not be found by me, so only it could be seen sketch of TechnOkami. Somehow [cloak] became drawn. Maybe druid is this kind of feeling?

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, now that I think about it, I think this is the first time I've deliberately asked another artist to draw one of my OC's. I really like how he came out. Thank you Kasanip.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The ponytail/braid was a nice touch. Awesome.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Good stuff! If I might offer some constructive criticism, though?

You combined a stylized "anime open-mouthed" look with lips, which looks rather odd without also including teeth, which in turn makes Onore's entire face look just a bit uncanny.

Also, the pose you used is overall quite strong (with the stably spread legs, hand on sword, and armored palm out as if to push a foe backward), but you drew Onore's feet facing each other. This isn't uncanny, but it does give a pigeon-toed look that many people associate with nervousness and fear, which undermines the emotional strength of the piece somewhat.

All that said, it is good and your art is clearly leagues ahead of the scribbles I draw.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

I really like the shadow girl. She looks both quite stylish and quite cute. I also like the armor, but in general, I've found armor is something you do quite well so that's less surprising. And the final grumpy sketch is just adorable.

Also, like Tengu, I'd be fine with another player if everyone else is and you learn the system.

18. - Top - End - #288

Terraoblivion, Tengu_temp and kamikasei: I will study and draw these request next!
    I look forward to it! Those pics are pretty great. Rosenberg almost makes me wish I'd requested my D&D character!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    You know, now that I think about it, I think this is the first time I've deliberately asked another artist to draw one of my OC's. I really like how he came out. Thank you Kasanip.
    I am happy it is liked. Usually this western style of sketch isn't done by me, so it was a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The ponytail/braid was a nice touch. Awesome.
    I am happy it was liked, however it was very poorly sketched. Sorry! Maybe I will try again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Good stuff! If I might offer some constructive criticism, though?

You combined a stylized "anime open-mouthed" look with lips, which looks rather odd without also including teeth, which in turn makes Onore's entire face look just a bit uncanny.

Also, the pose you used is overall quite strong (with the stably spread legs, hand on sword, and armored palm out as if to push a foe backward), but you drew Onore's feet facing each other. This isn't uncanny, but it does give a pigeon-toed look that many people associate with nervousness and fear, which undermines the emotional strength of the piece somewhat.

All that said, it is good and your art is clearly leagues ahead of the scribbles I draw.
    Thank you for criticism and advice. It is strange to hear it is said [anime open mouth] because it was tried TechnOkami and HalfTangible requests in western cartoon style. Problem of the face is strange nose and eyes, I think. Usual way is small nose and large eyes. Long nose looks very strange to me, I think.

Yes it is known body and of legs especially was very poor. Probably such a sketch shouldn't have been shown because it was very lazy. Such is also a problem of absence of drawing.

It is early, but sketch was made to show face, maybe it is more usual my way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    *pat pat*
    It's a fun game. We could always take an extra player, I think! Though you would have to learn the system.
    I really like the shadow girl. She looks both quite stylish and quite cute. I also like the armor, but in general, I've found armor is something you do quite well so that's less surprising. And the final grumpy sketch is just adorable.

Also, like Tengu, I'd be fine with another player if everyone else is and you learn the system.
    Thank you for kind words. If such a system can be easily learned, of course I want to try! However, I must finish sketch requests, too.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

I am happy it is liked. Usually this western style of sketch isn't done by me, so it was a little nervous.
    Well, you drew him well. The only little caveat I have with it is that the flower on his chest isn't a Rose, but eh, I'm not picky.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thank you for criticism and advice. It is strange to hear it is said [anime open mouth] because it was tried TechnOkami and HalfTangible requests in western cartoon style. Problem of the face is strange nose and eyes, I think. Usual way is small nose and large eyes. Long nose looks very strange to me, I think.

Yes it is known body and of legs especially was very poor. Probably such a sketch shouldn't have been shown because it was very lazy. Such is also a problem of absence of drawing.

It is early, but sketch was made to show face, maybe it is more usual my way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I could see that too. Most western animation styles I'm familiar with tend to have disproportionately large mouths, so the smaller proportion of mouth size to head size might have thrown my interpretation off.

And actually, the Body and Legs overall are excellently done; what I was talking about was the feet in particular. If they were pointing in the same direction or opposite directions, they'd reinforce the strong stance that the rest of the picture takes. Instead, though, they're pointing at each other, which is usually a sign of submission or unsureness and seems at odds with the rest of the image.

The head-and-shoulders detail looks very nice, though! I like the sunburst-flower by her ear: It blends into the hair, but it provides enough visual "weight" to keep the eyes toward the center of the image instead of drifting off to the left.

22. - Top - End - #292

SwashbucklerGuy

Those are all wonderful Kasanip. ...If it isn't too much to ask and if you find time, any way you may be able to draw Garxin's human form please? I've got the description right here if it helps. You can draw him in any style you prefer if you feel like drawing him.

Spoiler: Character Description
    Show
    In human form, Garxin stands at 6' 3'' tall with a broad build and tanned skin color. He has short brown hair, fierce blue eyes and sharp, rough features on his face. Often his look is like that of a focused and analytical man in his early thirties, not one to show emotion easily but not one without emotion either.

Among his clothing is a simple but efficient travel cloak of red-ish browns and dark blues that made up the colors of the town he was once from. It's quality represents that it was newly made for the lich to wear. In contrast is the cape and robe of similar colors he has kept since his human days. Old for over 100 years it has waned and aged to a good degree, kept intact by his magic. The cape is tattered in numerous areas. He prefers to simply wear his travel cloak at all times but had found himself wearing the cape and robe underneath the cloak during the days he reminisces about the town he had once lived in. On Garxin's right hand is a diamond bracelet which is the last and most cherished gift he has kept from his deceased wife.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-12-04 at 08:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

It is very different from normal style. I'm sorry, I don't know characters of this comic. If it is designed by Kasanip, maybe this kind of feeling?

Spoiler
    Show

! :O

To the study board! o/ (I'll be back.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

If I can ask a random question, Kasanip... is there any art you've done which you're particularly proud of? What would you consider your best work?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone, sorry it became slow post again. Suddenly it became the time of final examinations, so I became busy.

TerraOblivion: Asumiya
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry, there was only a little time recently, so it was chosen only 2 characters. Maybe more can be drawn later.

kamikasei: Verdant Glade
    Spoiler
    Show

Other sketch (sorry, it was not request!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Trying to think about a certain character Api-Niyap, it became something like this.

Eris!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    If I can ask a random question, Kasanip... is there any art you've done which you're particularly proud of? What would you consider your best work?
    Maybe it is difficult to choose. However, maybe of proud it is some of this kind of picture. For long viewers and friends, maybe it is a little nostalgic. Sorry it is long.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

kamikasei: Verdant Glade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legend of Glade: Attack on Bread? Awesome! Thanks, Kasanip!
    TerraOblivion: Asumiya
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry, there was only a little time recently, so it was chosen only 2 characters. Maybe more can be drawn later.
    I really like this. Partly I'm a sucker for spot colour, but also the girl in front has a very dynamic, characterful pose.

Good luck with exams, Kasanip!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

That's Miyako and Asuka, right? Pretty great. Korra Glade is pretty great too. Looking forward to seeing Cricket! Even though these are all Legend of the Wulin characters, they're actually from three different games.

Seeing all the Mecha Sky Pirates pictures makes me feel nostalgic for that game. I feel bad for having to end it.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Banned

That's pretty damn awesome. I especially love Asuka's pose, but both their expressions are pretty nice too and fit them very well. And holding several knives like that is most certainly something Miyako would do in a tense battle.

I also really like the picture of Glade, it looks very powerful and dynamic. I imagine she'll face someone in the direction of the audience next from the look of it.

29. - Top - End - #299

I also really like the picture of Glade, it looks very powerful and dynamic. I imagine she'll face someone in the direction of the audience next from the look of it.
    I agree, your work has developed a really good sense of motion and action.

By the way, Fri's take on the character, which I mentioned earlier, is here.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone. 2014 came so fast.

2013 was a busy year. School became busy and examinations. Maybe happiest time was to make a good result of TOEIC test, so I can become a teacher. However, I must study hard to finish examinations in March.

Sorry to disappear many times! m(_ _)m. Even if it was no post, always it was being thought about OOTS friends.

I want 2014 to be a good year. However, it will be busy. Suddenly I have to become adult!

This year I want to draw very much. However, it is known it is only a small hobby. There haven't been inspiration for drawing so much, because not participating in so many TRPG. New Year was very busy, and I participated with many friends.

I don't want to be like a shadow like last year. Thank you very much for your friendship and always support comments. 今年もよろしくお願いいたします!  

It is seen New Year's picture from 2013 because one could not be finished for this post. This year is horse, but animals cannot be drawn by me. Somehow I have become worse, I think.
    However, it was wanted to show something, so it was a few lazy new year sketches:
    Spoiler
    Show

I will try to finish other request pictures soon. Sorry for the trouble! m(_ _)m