New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I remember when we had exchange student stay at my house. I was very shy at such a time! It is very scary to write to native English speakers. However, I must be confident and do my best!
    Kanji is difficult for Japanese, too. 頑張って下さい!
    Other teachers are nice and busy. I rely on them very much! Of course there are many kinds of teachers. Our school isn't so big. Actually, it was my Junior High School, so it is nostalgic, too.
    Wow, teaching at your old school definitely does sound nostalgic! Are there any teachers still there that remember you?

Is splendiforous meaning similar to [splendid]?
    If I'm not mistaken, it's a made up word that's just a version of splendid that doesn't sound as formal. Okay, I decided to check, and apparently it's a real word dating back to the 15th century. The more you know...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you! It is nice to see A_Rainy_Knight, too! I want to start a game soon for summer vacation. However, translation of the rules of [Combat] [Injury] and [Equipment] is not finished.
    Sounds great! I've got some nice summer vacation coming up, too.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2014-08-01 at 11:17 PM.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    Wow, teaching at your old school definitely does sound nostalgic! Are there any teachers still there that remember you?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a made up word that's just a version of splendid that doesn't sound as formal. Okay, I decided to check, and apparently it's a real word dating back to the 15th century. The more you know...
    No. However some teachers are still teaching or became vice principal and principal of some schools, so sometimes I can see them. It is a very good feeling, however it is a little embarrassing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Sounds great! I've got some nice summer vacation coming up, too.
    I hope you can enjoy your summer vacation!

The rules were updated. Mostly it became finished. On Wednesday I plan to start a TRPG thread.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Happenings, happenings.

Life, generally. Dropped from GitP for a long while, only just came back. It's good to hear that you've gotten the job you wanted (and wow. Teaching at your old school, huh. One of the teachers at my High School had actually gone to the same school, although I doubt you were ever expelled from yours. ).

Your avatar is adorable, by the way. :D Your drawings continue to be awesome, in fact.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2014-08-12 at 08:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Happenings, happenings.

Life, generally. Dropped from GitP for a long while, only just came back. It's good to hear that you've gotten the job you wanted (and wow. Teaching at your old school, huh. One of the teachers at my High School had actually gone to the same school, although I doubt you were ever expelled from yours. ).

Your avatar is adorable, by the way. :D Your drawings continue to be awesome, in fact.
    Hello, it is long time no see horngeek! It is nice to see you, too. Thank you for your kind words. If it is same municipal, all beginner teachers return to their school. It is always a strange nostalgic feeling. However, it is as horngeek says.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fairly common in Japan for that to happen, then? It's not here in Australia, as far as I can tell.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

It is character sheet for とある科学の冒険物語.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

Personal Data:
    Name:
    Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Attributes
    Body Sense Mind Belief
    Primary Class: () X X X X
    Secondary Class: () X X X X
    Creation Bonus Points: (4) X X X X
    Total Attribute Score: X X X X

Combat Skills:
    Accuracy: X
    Evasion: X
    Initiative: X
    Speed: X
    Movement: X
    HP: X/X
    AIM: X/X
    Social Skills:
    +Courtesy: X
    -Deception: X
    =[]= Insight: X
    +Honesty: X
    -Intimidation: X
    =[]= Stubbornness: X
    Judgement Skills:
    Investigation: X
    Research: X
    Electronics: X
    First Aid: X
    Knowledge Skills:
    Academic Knowledge: X
    Ability Knowledge: X
    Streetwise: X
    Rumors: X
    Special Skills:
    Personal Reality: X
    Judgement Resources: X
    Hobby: X
    Idol Theory: X
    Techniques:

Equipment:

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, the To Aru thing! That's actually pretty interesting- A Certain Scientific Railgun has always been one of my favorite anime, and I'd be interested in a game set there.

I'll have to have a look over the rules, but I actually have some character ideas already! And Ability ideas.

(I'm getting a lot of character ideas these days, but I've never been good at finding a good picture for them. )

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fairly common in Japan for that to happen, then? It's not here in Australia, as far as I can tell.
    If it is public school, it is usual for the management to make the position. These standards are decided in the prefecture and municipal , so it is usual if the teacher position is available.

Ah, the To Aru thing! That's actually pretty interesting- A Certain Scientific Railgun has always been one of my favorite anime, and I'd be interested in a game set there.

I'll have to have a look over the rules, but I actually have some character ideas already! And Ability ideas.

(I'm getting a lot of character ideas these days, but I've never been good at finding a good picture for them. )
    I am happy there is interest. I hope it can be an interesting game. I want to post the thread today. However the rules translation isn't finished.
    If there is character idea, it is better to draw, I think.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2014-08-12 at 09:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, yeah, but my drawing sucks.

And I always feel a bit insecure about describing my characters, for some reason- I feel like I'm not describing them thoroughly enough. So, whenever I do a request for art, I always feel a bit bad about pointing out 'ah, this isn't quite what I wanted'.

Of course, sometimes I get a picture back that becomes the new 'what I want'. The time you drew Chiyoko for me is the big example, I'd say.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2014-08-13 at 01:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Somehow, the English translation of rules for 『とある科学の冒険物語(学園都市TRPG)』 became finished! (*´Д`) English title is "A Certain Scientific Adventure Story (Academy City TRPG)."

Probably there are many mistakes and difficulties. But I'm a little proud to accomplish this kind of thing. Even though it is a sketchbook thread! There is the English proverb "A picture is worth a thousand words," so I hope "A thousand words is worth a picture" is acceptable, too.
    Because there is some time, some request or music sketch can be done, too! Please tell me if there is such a request.

And I always feel a bit insecure about describing my characters, for some reason- I feel like I'm not describing them thoroughly enough. So, whenever I do a request for art, I always feel a bit bad about pointing out 'ah, this isn't quite what I wanted'.

Of course, sometimes I get a picture back that becomes the new 'what I want'. The time you drew Chiyoko for me is the big example, I'd say.
    I like to help people, so such a request is a joy.

However, sometimes it is seen on OOTS forum the stealing of other's art for character portrait or avatar. Isn't it unsatisfactory? Isn't it an unsettling feeling? I wonder if pictures I created became avatar or another person's character portrait? Because TRPG is using imagination and creativity, somehow it seems disappointing. I don't think I could be proud about such a character.

I always nervously post about character. However, because I can't describe them very well, I started to draw sketch. But language is very beautiful, too. So I think that you should do your best in every way!
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2014-08-13 at 10:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Because there is some time, some request or music sketch can be done, too! Please tell me if there is such a request.
    Actually, I might do a character sketch request. Give me a bit of time to think of how to describe the character.

I like to help people, so such a request is a joy.

However, sometimes it is seen on OOTS forum the stealing of other's art for character portrait or avatar. Isn't it unsatisfactory? Isn't it an unsettling feeling? I wonder if pictures I created became avatar or another person's character portrait? Because TRPG is using imagination and creativity, somehow it seems disappointing. I don't think I could be proud about such a character.
    You mean, if someone just takes one of your pictures off the web and uses it as an avatar or character image?

That's true enough, and is the other reason I've been rather hesitant about using random pics off the internet like that. I mean, if someone's drawn an image for you for the purpose of being used as a character portrait or avatar, that's a different matter, but just taking a picture off the internet without permission isn't cool- at the very least, the artist's permission to use the picture should be obtained.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember when Kasanip drew my character Lia from a game she was running. She did a really good job, and I felt it captured how I saw the character even better than what I'd described!

Somehow, the English translation of rules for 『とある科学の冒険物語(学園都市TRPG)』 became finished! (*´Д`) English title is "A Certain Scientific Adventure Story (Academy City TRPG)."

Probably there are many mistakes and difficulties. But I'm a little proud to accomplish this kind of thing. Even though it is a sketchbook thread! There is the English proverb "A picture is worth a thousand words," so I hope "A thousand words is worth a picture" is acceptable, too.
    I don't know anything about Railgun, but both the anime and the game look pretty cool. Good luck with your game!

If I may, I'd like to suggest this song as something you might want to draw. Darren Hanlon is one of my favourite musicians, but I've always wondered if his music would be as enjoyable to someone who learnt english as a second language, since he's very creative with his lyrics. I think it's a very cute song though, and I hope you like it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember when Kasanip drew my character Lia from a game she was running. She did a really good job, and I felt it captured how I saw the character even better than what I'd described!
    Exactly the case with Chiyoko.

Actually, I've always viewed that drawing as one of the best requests I've ever seen her do- not for the technical skill (man, if I had to pick one of her drawings based on that, I'm not sure she could), but because she managed to depict some rather setting-specific elements to the character perfectly, knowing nothing about Exalted and having only my ramblings as a source.

I still haven't been able to get that character in an actual game of Exalted, though.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2014-08-14 at 01:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

I would be interested in the Railgun game. It might be more structured then the FFRPG that was attempted way back. I would probably recycle Jason again if I were to get into this game. If you remember, he's a level 0 with the potential to become an esper and he's from America. Also, a blast from the past for one of your artwork Kasanip, if you remember it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, in terms of Esper character ideas... I actually had an idea for a level... possibly 4 or even 5, with the ability to control the flow of time in relationship to her.

I may have been watching Fate/Zero and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for my primary inspirations here.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, in terms of Esper character ideas... I actually had an idea for a level... possibly 4 or even 5, with the ability to control the flow of time in relationship to her.

I may have been watching Fate/Zero and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for my primary inspirations here.
    Great, we have the level 4 or 5, and the level 0. Now we just need the other level 4 or 5 and a level 1 and we have the whole group!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man, my character's going to have clones of her show up, isn't she?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Oh man, my character's going to have clones of her show up, isn't she?
    Not unless she is the level 4. Then she'll just be stuck being a fangirl of the one with the clones.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless she's Level 5, you mean. :P

(The funny thing is, if there was any sense behind the reverse-punch at all, a time slow power would be particularly suited to pulling it off. )

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know anything about Railgun, but both the anime and the game look pretty cool. Good luck with your game!

If I may, I'd like to suggest this song as something you might want to draw. Darren Hanlon is one of my favourite musicians, but I've always wondered if his music would be as enjoyable to someone who learnt english as a second language, since he's very creative with his lyrics. I think it's a very cute song though, and I hope you like it.
    Thank you for the well wishes! Thank you for the recommendation! I'm embarrassed, but it's very hard to understand this song. However, it seems very peaceful. I liked the dancing, too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Exactly the case with Chiyoko.

Actually, I've always viewed that drawing as one of the best requests I've ever seen her do- not for the technical skill (man, if I had to pick one of her drawings based on that, I'm not sure she could), but because she managed to depict some rather setting-specific elements to the character perfectly, knowing nothing about Exalted and having only my ramblings as a source.

I still haven't been able to get that character in an actual game of Exalted, though.
    If it is OOTS request, [technical skill] best request probably it is picture for Draw Your Friends thread.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I would be interested in the Railgun game. It might be more structured then the FFRPG that was attempted way back. I would probably recycle Jason again if I were to get into this game. If you remember, he's a level 0 with the potential to become an esper and he's from America. Also, a blast from the past for one of your artwork Kasanip, if you remember it.

I am happy for the interest in the game. However, I am sorry because such desired characters probably cannot be used.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for the well wishes! Thank you for the recommendation! I'm embarrassed, but it's very hard to understand this song. However, it seems very peaceful. I liked the dancing, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No need to be embarrassed, I think his lyrics are fairly hard for even native speakers to understand! I think the song is about how memories of silly little things are still very important to people, but there's still a few lines I don't understand. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy it though, and the picture is very cute! Thanks!

If it is OOTS request, [technical skill] best request probably it is picture for Draw Your Friends thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow! This one is really pretty!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...that is beautiful.

I am happy for the interest in the game. However, I am sorry because such desired characters probably cannot be used.
    Yeah, the game system doesn't seem to be to really accommodate weird powers, does it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

...that is beautiful.

Yeah, the game system doesn't seem to be to really accommodate weird powers, does it.
    It isn't about weird powers, because the ability user's style can be represented with Techniques. However, inspiration should probably not use "Fate/Zero" and "JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE" because this is "A Certain Scientific Railgun" style.
    There are only 7 Level 5 characters in this series, of course they are NPC characters. This isn't their story.

The theme of the game system isn't to play such a level. For such a style please wait for Advanced Play Rulebook, for rules to play Magician, Nun, Saint and Ability Users of Level 4 or Level 5.

Unfortunately suddenly my short vacation is ending soon. So, I don't think there is time to begin this game now.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... how to put this... it's not so much the style of Fate/Zero or Jojo that I'm thinking of here, it's the specific power (that is, slowing and/or stopping time) that gave me ideas, if that makes sense?

As for the Level 5 bit, that's certainly fair enough, I just find the potential stories involving them rather fascinating.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone!
    Long time no see!

The busy tournament and sports day were finished and suddenly it became Autumn. It is beautiful, and there are sounds of work and practicing students. Beneath gold leaves I have been very busy, but always thinking nostalgically about friends. I hope everyone is well!

Fri suggested to draw about soccer because I became adviser of the soccer club. However, it was decided to embarrass Eris and Kamome. Sorry Kamome, headphone isn't permitted, but I'll forgive goggles. It seems like it is time to change avatar again, too.

There are many thoughts to write, but somehow words can't be spit out. Sorry!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasanip san, とても難しいです日本語 げんご。Q_Q I'm fairly sure I wrote that correctly... didn't know how to write your name in hiragana/katakana/kanji though.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-10-02 at 07:58 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sounds like you're having fun, Kasanip.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Kamome is so hopeless at football. So hopeless.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post

Sounds like you're having fun, Kasanip.
    It is a cute picture!
    I am well. I hope Fri is well, too!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Kasanip san, とても難しいです日本語 げんご。Q_Q I'm fairly sure I wrote that correctly... didn't know how to write your name in hiragana/katakana/kanji though.
    頑張って! English is very difficult, too. I hope TechnOkami is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Kamome is so hopeless at football. So hopeless.
    After finish of short career of navigator, Kamome must go to school. It is this kind of unfortunate sequel.
    Probably I should play new TRPG because poor Kamome and Eris and the other characters will be pitiful soccer players.

Maybe a different autumn theme should be shown next!
    I hope Tengu_temp is well.