New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

The picture for Horngeek's characters is really well made, very much makes a good impression of them and their differences.

Api-Niyap's image is just beautiful, I really like the combinations of the colours, especially with the fire/harvest themes. Very nicely tied together and amazingly drawn.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

Is horngeek a game?

I like your new goddess, I guess we turn to her when we want a festival after harvest season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I'm not a game. Those are two characters from the current Bleach in the Playground game going on over in FFRP.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    No, I'm not a game. Those are two characters from the current Bleach in the Playground game going on over in FFRP.
    Ah, sorry.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm more amused than anything else.

horngeek, the game about French Horn-playing nerds! XD

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Happy Birthday~!

On L and R sounds;
    This is the most common problem for eastern speakers learning western languages. Has been for at least a hundred years.
    The biggest way to tell the difference at first, is to watch the person's mouth as they speak.
    L sounds, the mouth pulls more flat, and the tongue moves. Usually to between the teeth.
    R sounds, the mouth purses a little bit. The tongue does not move, unless the person is spanish :p

on "To". "To" is a word denoting intent. Like a prelude for a destination. "I Want to" means you wish for the following to occur, as that is the destination. "Go to the movies", the movies is the destination.

"To" and "Too" I can see as very difficult, since they sound the same, and "Too" means "Also". "Too" will be at the end of a sentance most of the time. "to" will almost never be at the end of a sentance. (A good example would be "If you want to") I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Acanous; 2013-05-03 at 09:19 PM.
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

I play a bit of horngeek.
    Playground in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #158

This is really late, I'm really sorry Kasanip >.<.

But happy birthday!

Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry that it's late, and I'm sorry that I don't have time to make you a cake this year. I hope you like strawberry cake.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Mandatory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for being late too! Stupid dying forum.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Fire and Harvest, huh?

It's an interesting link. Makes sense when you think about it, but isn't immediately obvious.

Love the pic.
    Yes, she doesn't have such a [goddess appearance] because to be very humble. Of the game, very important rule of GM was [no memory] and [no identity]. So she is very mortal-like character, to not think about divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post
    Happy belated birthday.

Man, gotta say your gods designs are generally pretty sweet.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Oh, happy late birthday!

Heh, it's an interesting combination, but Api-Niyap's design actually captures fire and harvest pretty well at the same time. Looks nice!
    Thank you! To see some of the comments, was there surprise of the themes of fire and fertility? I thought it was usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The picture for Horngeek's characters is really well made, very much makes a good impression of them and their differences.

Api-Niyap's image is just beautiful, I really like the combinations of the colours, especially with the fire/harvest themes. Very nicely tied together and amazingly drawn.
    Thank you very much for your praise and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Is horngeek a game?

I like your new goddess, I guess we turn to her when we want a festival after harvest season?
    Of course, such a festival is the best time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Happy Birthday~!

On L and R sounds;
    This is the most common problem for eastern speakers learning western languages. Has been for at least a hundred years.
    The biggest way to tell the difference at first, is to watch the person's mouth as they speak.
    L sounds, the mouth pulls more flat, and the tongue moves. Usually to between the teeth.
    R sounds, the mouth purses a little bit. The tongue does not move, unless the person is spanish :p

on "To". "To" is a word denoting intent. Like a prelude for a destination. "I Want to" means you wish for the following to occur, as that is the destination. "Go to the movies", the movies is the destination.

"To" and "Too" I can see as very difficult, since they sound the same, and "Too" means "Also". "Too" will be at the end of a sentence most of the time. "to" will almost never be at the end of a sentence. (A good example would be "If you want to") I hope that helps.
    Yes. [If mouth can be seen] is a common advice. However, it is usually radio or tv or music or CD player. Of course only way can be memorize word and grammar. English is very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    This is really late, I'm really sorry Kasanip >.<.

But happy birthday!

Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry that it's late, and I'm sorry that I don't have time to make you a cake this year. I hope you like strawberry cake.
    Thank you very much! I like strawberry cake very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Mandatory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for being late too! Stupid dying forum.
    Thank you Tengu_temp!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Yes, she doesn't have such a [goddess appearance] because to be very humble. Of the game, very important rule of GM was [no memory] and [no identity]. So she is very mortal-like character, to not think about divine.
    Okay, that really sounds like an interesting game then.

Thank you! To see some of the comments, was there surprise of the themes of fire and fertility? I thought it was usual.
    Hmmm... it's not two aspects that tend to be associated with each other by people with a culture originating in Europe. It's one that makes sense when you think about it (volcanic soil, for example, is VERY fertile soil). I'll go into detail over PMs if you like.

Yes. [If mouth can be seen] is a common advice. However, it is usually radio or tv or music or CD player. Of course only way can be memorize word and grammar. English is very difficult.
    Well, English and Japanese are from entirely different language groups, so that's not surprising.

You're still very good at it, though.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-07 at 02:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought it was an interesting pairing because I associate "fertility" with creation and "fire" with destruction, so it's not an obvious combination to me. It makes sense when I think of it more as a cycle of fire burning down to ash, which yields fertility for life to grow again.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

13. - Top - End - #163

I thought it was an interesting pairing because I associate "fertility" with creation and "fire" with destruction, so it's not an obvious combination to me. It makes sense when I think of it more as a cycle of fire burning down to ash, which yields fertility for life to grow again.
    I was thinking of it more like being a bun in the oven.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry it is a long time of no posting. I have been busy with school, already it will be middle examinations again! I hope everyone doesn't become sick!

It has been difficult to draw, because I wasn't involved in [games] recently so much. Since mostly it is such an inspiration for me, it was absent. I think I will return to [Music sketch] soon.

Witch
    Spoiler
    Show

It can be clearly seen I don't know how to draw squirrel. However, I think this costume is cute. She is a Post Office Witch.

Zelda's Legend character constructions
    Spoiler
    Show

Sketch trying of character <Flora>. I should try again soon.

Always my avatar used <green hair> because of a certain character. Actually because it was tried OOTS style avatar, and at such a time it was being used, character for VN project was designed for me.

Even if not to use for characters, I liked the sketches. Maybe more art of this game series will come.

Angel and Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

This character's style was borrowed from several video games heroines liked by me. I wonder if all the influences can be seen easily? Currently to play this character in [Ironheart] series. Her name is Lukina.
    Unlike normal Kasanip style to play [support character], I began to enjoy [heroine] characters last year very much. So I want to play more characters like this.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry it is a long time of no posting. I have been busy with school, already it will be middle examinations again! I hope everyone doesn't become sick!

It has been difficult to draw, because I wasn't involved in [games] recently so much. Since mostly it is such an inspiration for me, it was absent. I think I will return to [Music sketch] soon.

Witch
    Spoiler
    Show

It can be clearly seen I don't know how to draw squirrel. However, I think this costume is cute. She is a Post Office Witch.

Zelda's Legend character constructions
    Spoiler
    Show

Sketch trying of character <Flora>. I should try again soon.

Always my avatar used <green hair> because of a certain character. Actually because it was tried OOTS style avatar, and at such a time it was being used, character for VN project was designed for me.

Even if not to use for characters, I liked the sketches. Maybe more art of this game series will come.

Angel and Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

This character's style was borrowed from several video games heroines liked by me. I wonder if all the influences can be seen easily? Currently to play this character in [Ironheart] series. Her name is Lukina.
    Unlike normal Kasanip style to play [support character], I began to enjoy [heroine] characters last year very much. So I want to play more characters like this.
    I mostly lurk on this thread, but since it was relevant to me I just wanted to pop in and say that that Lukina sketch is very impressive.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #166

Lukina is pretty cool! It's good to play support but it's nice to see you come out of your shell a bit and try to take centre stage! Have courage Kasanip, and valiantly slay evil!

Alsomaybedrawmorelukina

Hopefully you can get in some games soon!

17. - Top - End - #167

Lukina reminds me of Lucina. Both wield Swords, both slay evil, there names are close together.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasanip, one of these days we need to do some art together... there is something cute about your art that I need to explore the secrets of. Good stuff.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone keeps saying how cool Lukina is and I agree, but I also really like the post office witch with the strange-faced squirrel.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Flora's beautiful, Lukina's badass, and the other two are cute.

...*considers whether to ask you to draw Allina from the same game*

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #171

SwashbucklerGuy

I really like Lukina as well. She has a very nice design.

I also tend to play support characters in most PbP games rather than actual main characters or leaders. Kasanip knows three of them already. There's really only one sort of "main hero" character I truly have, though he is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-05-16 at 06:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

When I look at it, the uniforms of the falcon knights from FE覚醒 come to mind. Which of course makes me think of a different ルキナ...

At any rate, it's certainly a cool design. And that witch really is cute.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I mostly lurk on this thread, but since it was relevant to me I just wanted to pop in and say that that Lukina sketch is very impressive.
    Thank you very much! Thank you for looking at my pictures.

Lukina is pretty cool! It's good to play support but it's nice to see you come out of your shell a bit and try to take centre stage! Have courage Kasanip, and valiantly slay evil!

Alsomaybedrawmorelukina

Hopefully you can get in some games soon!
    Thank you! Yes, I want to try to play more heroic characters. Recently it has been boring to make such a character.

I hope a game can be joined soon, too. However, it was realized that <recruitment> for most games is not liked by me. It is very difficult to coordinate with other players, to make sure classes are taken properly, to connect story. It seems every time is individual thinking only of self's character. "I want to play this!" "claimed this first!" and such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Lukina reminds me of Lucina. Both wield Swords, both slay evil, there names are close together.
    Yes, her name is borrowed from that character. It wasn't known English spelling at the time character was created.

However, it should be said Lukina uses a sword, but usual weapon is a halberd. In the game, only her sword has been recovered, so it must be used for this picture, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Kasanip, one of these days we need to do some art together... there is something cute about your art that I need to explore the secrets of. Good stuff.
    Thank you! Of course I am happy to do some art together at anytime. However, I don't think there is even a secret about the lazy my scribbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Everyone keeps saying how cool Lukina is and I agree, but I also really like the post office witch with the strange-faced squirrel.
    Yes, I like this character too. Sometime it would be nice to play this character. However, I must practice drawing squirrels.
    Also, Kamome must not meet this character!

Flora's beautiful, Lukina's badass, and the other two are cute.

...*considers whether to ask you to draw Allina from the same game*
    Thank you! However, that design for Flora is still strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    I really like Lukina as well. She has a very nice design.

I also tend to play support characters in most PbP games rather than actual main characters or leaders. Kasanip knows three of them already. There's really only one sort of "main hero" character I truly have, though he is one of my favorites.
    Thank you!

I want to say, I don't like to play [leader] characters. It's very difficult and stressful for me to try this in English. But I want to play more Heroine-like characters.
    I think my favorite characters were such a support character who becomes heroine-like character.
    I am very unskilled to play villain characters. TechnOkami and Starsign already know this.

When I look at it, the uniforms of the falcon knights from FE覚醒 come to mind. Which of course makes me think of a different ルキナ...

At any rate, it's certainly a cool design. And that witch really is cute.
    Yes, it is some this reference of Falcon Knights.
    Actually I like the designs very much and I am learning to draw armors from this game. However, other references are [Valkyria Chronicles], of Lukina's powers and halberd and undershirt.

24. - Top - End - #174

Thank you! Yes, I want to try to play more heroic characters. Recently it has been boring to make such a character.

I hope a game can be joined soon, too. However, it was realized that <recruitment> for most games is not liked by me. It is very difficult to coordinate with other players, to make sure classes are taken properly, to connect story. It seems every time is individual thinking only of self's character. "I want to play this!" "claimed this first!" and such a thing.
    Recruitment is definitely a pain. The issue of course is that people wait so long in between games that all they can remember is their cool character ideas that they would not otherwise get to play rather than how the party fits together. It's understandable but annoying that the best way to play what you want is to yell louder and quicker than everyone else.

That said, one needs to speak up for themself. If you are easily cowed, how might you play a character that rarely flinches in the face of evil?

Your best chance of course is to have one of these chuckleheads in this thread DM since I think most of us "get it".

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

I am very unskilled to play villain characters. TechnOkami and Starsign already know this.
    The only "Evil" character of yours I can honestly remember off of the top of my head is Eris, and even then she wasn't that evil. its ok though, evil characters aren't my forte either (I start feeling like a douche bag whenever I start playing one).
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I can't play evil characters convincingly either.

Maybe it's playing a character with a world view so unlike my own.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #177

SwashbucklerGuy

Same, trying to play evil for me requires interest in playing such a character, a concept that I'd be willing to play, and a good heaping of support from other players, all at once. So far, I haven't found it and I don't know if I will until I improve my roleplaying skills some more.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it's not even that- I fundamentally don't get the mindset that leads to a 'villain' character.

I could, maybe, play someone who takes extreme actions for a good cause. Otherwise? Nope.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #179

That's a bit silly, Horngeek. Do you mean to say you've never been in a situation where you wanted something so bad that you were willing to trample others, or would turn a blind eye on the plight caused by your actions? Never been bullied or teased to the extent where you thought up some very nasty revenge plots that would make your mother faint?

Evil characters think like that almost all of the time. Their lives have been shaped by thinking like that, thinking "me, me, me". Some of them realize that they do it and can turn it off when they try. Some of them are addicted; they either enjoy the thrill of being punished for evil or seeing others suffer (even if it's a guilty pleasure, they can't stop).

Some lack empathy, or don't understand that what they are doing is really wrong. They don't "get it" and feel when they're punished that they are a tragic hero. Some villains take the "survivalist" mindset or the "looking out for number one" mindset way too far.

Very rarely there is a villain who has never once paid for their crimes. They make believe they are divinely blessed or even a god among men, or just not understand that their own actions can have lasting consequences and therefore don't think too hard about such things.

That's the basics.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I like this character too. Sometime it would be nice to play this character. However, I must practice drawing squirrels.
    You could just cheat and say that animals are different in her world, or that it's a magic squirrel. (just look at Hiro Mashima's "dog")

It is very difficult to coordinate with other players, to make sure classes are taken properly, to connect story.
    Could you rephrase that? The part about classes, I mean. As for story, the traditional start to a D&D campaign is "You are complete strangers all sitting in the same tavern, when a mysterious person stands up and says they want to hire some adventurers.", so...

Recruitment is definitely a pain. The issue of course is that people wait so long in between games that all they can remember is their cool character ideas that they would not otherwise get to play rather than how the party fits together. It's understandable but annoying that the best way to play what you want is to yell louder and quicker than everyone else.
    This depends on how specific the premise is, and how much it restricts the kinds of characters that would fit.

Most GMs, particularly for D&D, just say "play anything". Part of this is because D&D classes, feats, etc. have some fluff built-in, which stays the same in any game of D&D you play. Plus character-building in D&D feels more like a puzzle, so a player can feel proud of something they put together well, and want to show it off. In a game like M&M you have to do most of the description yourself, which makes it harder to get attached to a build.

Then you have games like FATE (including Dresden Files RPG), where your character description is the biggest part of your abilities, and part of character-building is writing your history with other members of the group.

[evil stuff]
    I've heard good things about Way of the Wicked.