New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

Congratulations.

Also, the Evasion picture makes me think of Touhou. I know that it's not actually of any Touhou character, but it reminds me of someone anyway. Nitori, I think.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Congratulations.

Also, the Evasion picture makes me think of Touhou. I know that it's not actually of any Touhou character, but it reminds me of someone anyway. Nitori, I think.
    If the swirls were pockets, that could definitely be nitori.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    If the swirls were pockets, that could definitely be nitori.
    There's no key either, though. Although, I guess a lot of people ignore her key.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Hooray! I'm glad that things turned out well for you after all of your hard work. お疲れ様でした!

I really like that colored sketch. It's like I can feel a weight lifting off my own shoulders just looking at it.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    That's great news, Kasanip! 780 is a good score! I never took TOEIC personally, but I took TOEFL, so I knew that you must be able to do it, with how your english is here! Hopefully, you be a good english teacher!

And is that a picture of evasion skill from DnD? That reminds me, do you know that if you're lucky you can evade a fireball explosion even if you're in a box? Haha, I wonder how can it be visualized.
    It is a 760, so I am happy.
    Yes, it is [Evasion] skill from DUNGEONS&DRAGONS. Somehow idea of [Shadowdancer] class was very interesting recently. Of course when standing in shadows, anything can be evaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    She looks equally distressed as she's annoyed.

And congratulations on your test results! I'm happy that you'll be able to achieve your dreams.
    Yes, it would be annoying and stressful for evasion, even for an expert! Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Congratulations Kasanip! Such a test must have been exhausting so I'm sure you'll have brighter things to look into in the future

Wonderful job with the colored drawing as well.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Good job on your exam

Lucina needs her sword

Is the bottom right character on untitled sketches, Priam from awakening?
    Thank you very much! Yes, Lucina's sword is difficult to sketch. I must look at the design again.
    Bottom right character on untitled sketches is Paris from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Congratulations, Kasanip. Sounds like the tests shows how amazing you are. Hope being a teacher will be fun. ^_^

Very much like the sketches. They show the movement and emotions of the characters very well and look very well done. Particularly the final piece is very impressive. Love how the colouring is used.
    Thank you very much! Just adding color emotionally, I like the color picture, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairyu View Post
    Congratulations on your successful examination.
    Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Happy teaching.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
    おめでとう、カサちゃん!Your efforts over the last few years will give you a bright future to look forward to, I'm sure.

You know, I have been thinking this for a while. Your sketches have a certain familiar style to them; have you thought about joining Studio Ghibli?
    Thank you very much!
    Although Ghibli is liked by me very much, I think the style is different. As artist, compared to Ghibli my talent is elementary school student level, so I don't think I can join.

memnarch
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty good, but there's that odd bit above the nose that sort of looks like another nose almost. I'd also recommend using darker lines to make the hair more distinct so it stands out against the domino mask.
    Yes, it has some unusual style of the mask. Because I don't know how to draw masks, it was done mediocrely.
    Very nice hair on this one. Her right hand seems a bit undefined though. Perhaps draw the other fingerless glove here since her fingers could be curled back?
    Yes, it was music sketch, so must be finished in 10 minutes. If it was to be finished, I think that hand should be finished, too.

Pretty good for small sketches; is that Saria from the Zelda universe I spy there?
    Yes, always that game and a certain character are appearing sometimes in my sketchbook. I don't know why it was drawn.

Probably the best black/white sketch in this batch; I can't think of anything to recommend besides adding more background things.
    Yes, there isn't a background for this sketch. Just thinking of character design.

Her legs seem to be a bit twisted, and the left leg seems like it's being almost squished into itself.
    Yes, it can be said [Perspective] of picture is very poor.

Hooray! Nicely done.
    Thank you very much!

Your english here seems a bit rough, but it's pretty good. Also, those cicadas sound a bit harsh; I like the sound of rain. If it loads, here's a looping version of the rain link with a nice song as well.
    Yes, sorry the post was made at 2:04 a.m. so the English is very strange. Thank you for this song!

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    Congratulations, Kasanip!
    Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Congratulations.

Thank you!
    I think for Touhou, of course Evasion is important skill. I don't think this character has the appearance of Nitori, however.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you, Fri! Someday soon I would like to see Fri's drawing again.

Thank you very much! Receiving Jotunheim's compliments about these unskillful scribble makes me happy. I want to paint color. However, there was no time and energy recently. If the mood is bad, color cannot be used.

Shadowdancer elf
    Spoiler
    Show

Lucina
    Spoiler
    Show

Untitled sketches
    Spoiler
    Show

Night Wizard 2 character design
    Spoiler
    Show

Evasion
    Spoiler
    Show

Finally the results of TOEIC test came.

The ranking of Blue was achieved, with score of 760 points, so it was just barely achieved!

I am very happy, because such a score is necessary to become an English Teacher. So, my future dream can be realized!

It can be said that such a difficult goal was chased by me for a long time. There were many suffering days and times, and to experience somehow internationally with OOTS friends those moments of recent years.

Somehow, this [sketchbook] is more like [diary] after this fashion. However, maybe paint and sketch of emotions, it is such a record of happiness and sadness and pain and hope. Can such a record of changing [child] to [adult] be read in this fashion?

It is a pensive thought. Of course there are a lot of mistakes, and I am embarrassed.

However, there is a lot of pride for me, too.
    It must be said, such achievement could not happen without the time of OOTS, and support and help of OOTS friends. Thank you very much for your always support.

Now it is a summer vacation. After with all of my heart studying during June and examinations of July, there was no taking it easy. Listening leisurely to fan humming and cicada crying and staring at the four walls. Suddenly pen of the tablet became too heavy to hold properly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz20N129ks
    Congrats on your TOEIC results.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you very much! Yes, Lucina's sword is difficult to sketch. I must look at the design again.
    Bottom right character on untitled sketches is Paris from Fire Emblem Awakening.
    Ah, I think his name was changed to Priam in the English version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Summer vacation is finished!
    It became a long vacation from this sketchbook. I hope everyone enjoyed their summer vacation.

Recently also Final Fantasy XIV was joined:
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course Lalafell and Lynks-like Miqote are favorites.
    Being short character is always cute and interesting.

Fire Dancer Api-Niyap: Still this character's purpose and direction are aimless.
    Spoiler
    Show

Madeline: There was comment of party must eat dog. If it was Madeline's culture, of course it is ok. But it was strange.
    Spoiler
    Show

Somehow it's horrific, too.

Neu: Playing Acanous' Pathfinder game, finally I can try it on OOTS forum. Neu is Lynks-like [Barbarian] class.
    Spoiler
    Show

Original design it was said is like [Rogue] or [Ninja], but of course Lynks fighting ability is famous, also their armor.

Some sketch were drawn during travel, but not on PC.

Elf
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe it is a nostalgic TRPG feeling.

Black Witch
    Spoiler
    Show

She is imposter of Kurotori.

Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

To think lazily about armor.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2013-09-01 at 04:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Madeline: There was comment of party must eat dog. If it was Madeline's culture, of course it is ok. But it was strange.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [CENTER]
    This made me chuckle.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2013-09-01 at 04:46 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

So... lazy is good?

Alas, summer is not eternal. I hope you've enjoyed yours, Kasa.
    Playground in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #250

Your new avatar is really funny, who is she?

Anyway, I haven't drawn anything for a very long time, that my art thread has drowned already, but I just drew something about you, kasanip.

Amy from Suisei No Gargantia reminded me of Kamome a lot. Back then when I was watching it I had a dream where I live in Gargantia as a NEET, with my brother who works as a dentist, and for some reason, Kamome/Kasanip works there as a doctor. It's a strange dream.

Spoiler
    Show

I hadn't drawn anything for a very long time, but I want to start drawing again.
    Last edited by Fri; 2013-09-01 at 08:15 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

11. - Top - End - #251

SwashbucklerGuy

Summer vacation is finished!
    It became a long vacation from this sketchbook. I hope everyone enjoyed their summer vacation.
    It's great to see you back Kasanip! I think we all had a good summer vacation

Api-Niyap and Neu are my personal favorites. You did a great job with their designs.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

I like this picture. If that's lazy armor, then I wonder how non-lazy looks like.

And I'm sure you can grow taller if you try very hard!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that a followup to the "Kamome and squirrel" picture?

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Hey kasanip, would you mind if i colored a sketch of yours?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

This made me chuckle.
    Yes, it was a strange situation!

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post
    So... lazy is good?

Alas, summer is not eternal. I hope you've enjoyed yours, Kasa.
    Lazy is not good, I think. However, it is too hot to be not lazy.

Your new avatar is really funny, who is she?

Anyway, I haven't drawn anything for a very long time, that my art thread has drowned already, but I just drew something about you, kasanip.

Amy from Suisei No Gargantia reminded me of Kamome a lot. Back then when I was watching it I had a dream where I live in Gargantia as a NEET, with my brother who works as a dentist, and for some reason, Kamome/Kasanip works there as a doctor. It's a strange dream.

Spoiler
    Show

I hadn't drawn anything for a very long time, but I want to start drawing again.
    Thank you very much! Avatar is just Final Fantasy XIV character joke. It is a temporary avatar until new one can be imagined.

Thank you for the picture! I'm very happy to receive pictures. It is nice to see Fri draw again, too. Please continue drawing again!

It's great to see you back Kasanip! I think we all had a good summer vacation

Api-Niyap and Neu are my personal favorites. You did a great job with their designs.
    Thank you! It is nice to see you again, too. Thank you very much for your kind words.

I like this picture. If that's lazy armor, then I wonder how non-lazy looks like.

And I'm sure you can grow taller if you try very hard!

Is that a followup to the "Kamome and squirrel" picture?
    I wonder, too.
    I will try to grow taller, but probably it is impossible.

Hey kasanip, would you mind if i colored a sketch of yours?
    Thank you for asking! It is ok, I think. Please show me the picture after you colored!

15. - Top - End - #255

Finished with the coloring and touch up. What do you think?

Original
    Spoiler
    Show

Colored
    Spoiler
    Show

I had to guess in places because it was messy, and i also added some other bits in to make the colored picture look a little better.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2013-09-19 at 08:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone, it is long time no see!

Somehow this website was not visited very much recently. I think many of the friends who were met also became unfortunately distanced. Also, because school life became busy, there wasn't so much time for games.

When to update, I wanted to show something beautiful. However there was not so much drawn. It became autumn, so it is hoped beautiful atmosphere will be encouragement.

Even if games are not played often, it was joined a new game of SAO (maybe it is known [Sword Art Online]). The player characters were sketched by me, so I would like to show such a small introduction.

SAO PC:
    Spoiler
    Show

It can be said PC called Ai Ai is surprisingly tall (180cm). All PC are [beginner], so it is such equipment.

Ai Ai (Hammerpriest's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Zantetsu (Ascaloth's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tofuchoco (Kasanip's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Because my character is [crafter] type, to avoid combat. However, because many joke of her character is [hungry] and [food], it is an unfortunate name. Usual PCs call her [Tofu] or [Choco]. <Boar Meat> is a favorite food, however.

Recently also anime was finished, so to sketch a little supporting heroines
    Spoiler
    Show

However, appearance should be examined before to draw. Maybe to draw them again.

Returning to forum posting, it seems Fire Emblem game maybe continued. So dark personality type was drawn of Madeline:
    Spoiler
    Show

However, she is priestess, so it is inappropriate of lightning.

It was thought to make new [Avatar] picture, however I could not decide. So it was sketched Lukina:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was discovered GM of the game of this PC had different imagination of [Angel Armor] of a certain game. So it is joke picture. It is not good for Lukina, I think.

It has become very difficult to role-play this character.

A game was attempted by Fri. However, I could not participate. Character design was sketched, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

I hope everyone is well and having nice fall weather.

Finished with the coloring and touch up. What do you think?

Original
    Spoiler
    Show

Colored
    Spoiler
    Show

I had to guess in places because it was messy, and i also added some other bits in to make the colored picture look a little better.
    I am sorry response is very slow. m(_ _)m
    It is a nice color! Thank you very much. I am happy and embarrassed to see another sketch colored by another artist! I remember other artists, like Prime32 also used to color sketches. Sorry my sketch always are so messy, so it must be difficult to color properly. I would like to see more of memnarch's illustrations.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Great to see you again, Kasanip!

Oh goodness, Tofuchoco is so cute. All of those SAO PCs look pretty cool, actually.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook 2

It is indeed great to see you again, Kasanip. ^_^

All of the sketches very much look cool and well-done, you are very good at drawing varied characters and showcasing their personalities. Hope we'll see more soon!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

I rather enjoy your new avatar. It's cute.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It was discovered GM of the game of this PC had different imagination of [Angel Armor] of a certain game. So it is joke picture. It is not good for Lukina, I think.
    Is that Valkyrie Profile? Also, I think this armor looks quite cool. Perhaps too elaborate for a Fire Emblem character, but hey, for an advanced class it should be fine.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2013-10-12 at 06:51 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

SwashbucklerGuy

Great to see you back Kasanip! Never really got into SAO, but those designs you've done are great!

And yes, the avatar is also really wonderful.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-10-12 at 09:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Great to see you again, Kasanip!

Oh goodness, Tofuchoco is so cute. All of those SAO PCs look pretty cool, actually.
    Thank you! It is nice to see you again, A_Rainy_Knight.
    Tofuchoco is a cute and fun character. Probably I like to play this kind of character too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    It is indeed great to see you again, Kasanip. ^_^

All of the sketches very much look cool and well-done, you are very good at drawing varied characters and showcasing their personalities. Hope we'll see more soon!
    Thank you very much! It is nice to see Keveak again, too. Unfortunately new characters probably will not be seen until new game is joined.

I rather enjoy your new avatar. It's cute.
    Thank you TechnOkami! it is [reused 2010] avatar. However recently a good idea can't be thought for avatar.

Is that Valkyrie Profile? Also, I think this armor looks quite cool. Perhaps too elaborate for a Fire Emblem character, but hey, for an advanced class it should be fine.
    Thank you! Lukina isn't Fire Emblem character. However, because Fire Emblem game is a favorite, so I like to sketch such an armor. Lukina's design became like this. Probably she is too much such a character.
    Yes, it is Valkyrie Profile character's armor. It is a joke picture.

Great to see you back Kasanip! Never really got into SAO, but those designs you've done are great!

And yes, the avatar is also really wonderful.
    Thank you! It is nice to see Starsign again, too.

23. - Top - End - #263

It is a nice color! Thank you very much. I am happy and embarrassed to see another sketch colored by another artist! I remember other artists, like Prime32 also used to color sketches. Sorry my sketch always are so messy, so it must be difficult to color properly. I would like to see more of memnarch's illustrations.
    Glad you liked it! It was pretty messy in parts so I took some liberties with the design. I'll do more colorings as inspirations strikes or if you have a request or two.

24. - Top - End - #264

A game was attempted by Fri. However, I could not participate. Character design was sketched, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

She looks like a cool character. It's a shame that the game failed to launch. Hopefully one day we can play a game together again.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

25. - Top - End - #265

Thanks for this dear. I love it.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone. It became cold, autumn leaves changed colors. I hope everyone is warm!

Unfortunately {tablet pen] became broken. It had good service for a long time, so it was sad. Therefore a new picture cannot be shown. I hope to replace it soon.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

It really has been getting cold this week, but at least it actually feels like autumn now. The cold can be bothersome sometimes, but I feel like there's something comfortingly familiar about walking into a brisk wind on a sidewalk lined with trees in autumn colors.

Well, you've gotten a lot of good use out of that tablet pen! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with a new one.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone!

Finally new {tablet pen] was received! o(*⌒―⌒*)ⅴ
    I am very happy, however it became cold. So, running from train station to my heated table, I wanted to write such a triumph. Sorry for making noise like that.

It was wanted firstly to sketch such a season picture. However, picture became summer accidentally.
    I think it is because I want summer.

Because it is long time without pen tablet, probably nothing much should be expected. However, even though it is cold, I am happy so color was used.

Spoiler
    Show

To bring to camping trip, Non is good choice because prestige class level cooking and adventure skills.

Also to bring Eris is useful to make fires easily. Probably she will not enjoy such a reliance, however.

Kamome always has cheerful warmhearted personality. Actually a special feat of Kamome is [Starlight Navigation]. Probably you will never become lost with her.

Yfa Keter Ain is a loafer. Probably she came anyway without asking. (,-`Д´-)

By the way, it was read comet ISON will come soon. I want to go mountain climbing and watch.

I want to draw many things to practice. If there are request, please ask freely.

29. - Top - End - #269

I want to draw many things to practice. If there are request, please ask freely.
    Sure!

Something you'd like me to color in.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Hello everyone, it is long time no see!

Somehow this website was not visited very much recently. I think many of the friends who were met also became unfortunately distanced. Also, because school life became busy, there wasn't so much time for games.

When to update, I wanted to show something beautiful. However there was not so much drawn. It became autumn, so it is hoped beautiful atmosphere will be encouragement.

Even if games are not played often, it was joined a new game of SAO (maybe it is known [Sword Art Online]). The player characters were sketched by me, so I would like to show such a small introduction.

SAO PC:
    Spoiler
    Show

It can be said PC called Ai Ai is surprisingly tall (180cm). All PC are [beginner], so it is such equipment.

Ai Ai (Hammerpriest's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Zantetsu (Ascaloth's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tofuchoco (Kasanip's PC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Because my character is [crafter] type, to avoid combat. However, because many joke of her character is [hungry] and [food], it is an unfortunate name. Usual PCs call her [Tofu] or [Choco]. <Boar Meat> is a favorite food, however.

Recently also anime was finished, so to sketch a little supporting heroines
    Spoiler
    Show

However, appearance should be examined before to draw. Maybe to draw them again.

Returning to forum posting, it seems Fire Emblem game maybe continued. So dark personality type was drawn of Madeline:
    Spoiler
    Show

However, she is priestess, so it is inappropriate of lightning.

It was thought to make new [Avatar] picture, however I could not decide. So it was sketched Lukina:
    Spoiler
    Show

It has become very difficult to role-play this character.

Spoiler
    Show

I hope everyone is well and having nice fall weather.

OH MY GOSH!!! Sword Art Online!!! I love that anime!!

And Kurko, Uiharu, and Saten!!!

These are the best sketches to come back from a long hiatus Kasanip!!!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28