New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Mistborn RPG

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Mistborn RPG

Has anyone tried this out yet? Its my favorite book series, so now I want to try the game. Just looking to see people's opinions.
    Admiral Cranthis, Inventor of the Cranthis (Sandwich) and the Gnomish Paratroopers, and rider of Chuckles, the dire pig.

Awesome avatar by TinyMushroom!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mistborn RPG

Don't know if it exists yet (or ever will), but it would belong in the pen-and-paper RPG section. I think.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

It is indeed a PnP RPG. I haven't had the chance to play it, though...
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

If you want to, you can download a free primer version of the game: link. It contains the basics of the game, a few sample characters, and the first part of an adventure hook. The game itself uses point based character creation and (based on scores and "traits" in different attributes) the rolling of varying numbers of d6s to determine success and failure.

Overall, it looks pretty interesting and the artwork is awesome: Ben McSweeney is the artist, and does a lot of artwork for Brandon. There is also a (for now) exclusive short story expanding on an old man named Gemmel, entitled The Eleventh Metal.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

While it's possible he was referring to the PnP RPG there is also a videogame scheduled to come out next Fall. Link

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am aware of both the video game and pnp. I meant the pnp.
    Admiral Cranthis, Inventor of the Cranthis (Sandwich) and the Gnomish Paratroopers, and rider of Chuckles, the dire pig.

Awesome avatar by TinyMushroom!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Then, yeah, this is in the wrong section.

I have the pnp but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. It looks fun, and I like the Allomancy and Feruchemy rules, and how they balanced the various different player types. But this is all just on paper, I have no idea how well it work in actual play. I was however slightly annoyed that there is no way to start as a Hemalurgist; Kandra don't count.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've played it. Run one campaign with it, just got started with a second one last weekend.

It's a fun little system, and I really like the simplicity and abstraction of it. Traits are so much better than the analog seen in most other RPGs, in the forms of immense lists of minor perks. There are a few rough edges, but it is mostly pretty solid.