New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 6 - Chaos Theory included

This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM me.

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Srs Plots thread. This thread is events that aren't as structured as srs and not as long lasting. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules:
    1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
    2. Each Location or Plot is under the control of its creator.
    3. Play nice.

Archives:
    Random Places and Plots 1
    Random Places and Plots 2
    Random Places and Plots 3
    Random Places and Plots 4
    Random Places and Plots 5
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-21 at 06:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 6 - Chaos Theory included

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Wine Tasting-Near the Entrance

Harnel will be carefully approached by a guard in full plate. He's not trying to sneak and is obviously doing his best to be polite as he steps forward.

"Pardon me, sir," He says to Harnel, doing his very best to be stern, polite, and unobtrusive at the same time, "But we would like to discourage wearing weaponry at this event. Would you like to place your weapon in a secure location for the duration?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wine Tasting- Sponsored by The Discerning Eye]

The next guests to arrive are the representatives from Westside. Ramiro Gallo, leader of Tenebras, the governing faction in Westside, has chosen to attend the event himself. He may not be able to drink most, if not all, of the wine, but it always paid to make an appearance at such events.

The great man is, of course, a vampire. His red eyes, pale skin, and somewhat large canines all give away his nature. He's wearing a tailored black suit and carries a cane topped with a crystal sphere.

His companion for the event is lesser known, though she may be familiar to those more involved in Westside. Maria Juliano, walks arm in arm with Ramiro. She is his bodyguard for the evening, though appearances would suggest she is his date. She has her dyed blond hair done up nicely and she's wearing a fairly modest, sleeveless dress, coloured the same dark blue as Ramiro's tie. She is a vampire as well, sporting the same distinctive traits. She scans the room continuously, keeping a watchful eye on the party goers.

The pair navigate their way over to Cessie and Harnel when Ramiro spots them. "Mrs Mithar I presume? And this must be your husband, though I'm afraid I haven't learned his name." There's a sense of charisma about the man, evident in his easy smile and the practiced ease in which he greets them. "My name is Ramiro Gallo. My companion is Maria Juliano. Of Tenebras, if you've heard of our organization here in the city."
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside - The Tower]

Emelda hesitates, and then stops. This place isn't her problem. She shouldn't make it that. Still... that's a horrible thing to hear.
    Riftside - The Tower

"It... might be. I'll need to talk to her, of course. I look forward to it, really. If nothing else, I'll appreciate having someone more to talk to around here. I hope she's smart."

Harnel isn't cross, and often if he thinks something is bad he's cross about it. And he isn't using long sentences, which means that he isn't trying to hide that he's upset.

He's confused, but honestly looking forward to talking to Kirin. Also kind of dreading it, but that's pretty common when he wants to have a meaningful talk with a girl, Libra knows.
    Riftside - The Tower

"Oh she should be smart... I think. I didn't really pay that much attention to that!" She giggles before turning to Emelda. "But I guess it's time to reverse you. You want to return exactly as you were?"

Wine Tasting-Near the Entrance

"Of course I have heard of Tenebras Mister Gallo, you are by far the most influential organization in riverside by the sound of it. Regrettably while I have been in your city I have never been able to visit. I'm glad to be able to correct that now." She replies with a smile before gesturing to her husband. "Yes, this is Harnel Mithar, my beloved. I'm surprised you haven't heard of him, he's quite a renowned fighter."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Tower]

"Not as I was," Emelda says, "As I should be, without the transformations that were happening to me."

[Wine Tasting - Near the Entrance]

Harnel probably isn't making the best first impression for Ramiro. He's currently glaring at the guard that asked him to relinquish his weapon. He very clearly will not, without his wife's word at least.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him. Vryn is also allowed in, as is Defelant...

But Lenai is stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, mam, but you aren't on the guest list, and I have direct orders that only guests on the list can be let in," the guard says politely. "I you think there's been a mistake, you can-"

"Lenai!"

The guard not talking to Lenai looks back into the crowd. "It's that crazy woman," He says in a hushed voice and steps back.

Enthi Ehmin, food critic extraordinaire, is dressed up in a mindbogglingly-expensive overly artistic getup. There's bands on her tentacles, her blue lipstick is sparkling... she's all sparkling. She's almost a blue and purple disco ball.

"So glad you could make it! Come on in! Are you stoppping her?"

"She-"

"No."

"Lo-"

"Let her in right now or you will be spending the money off of this gig for hospital bills."

The other guard nods his head; he doesn't doubt that she could do bad things, even through full plate.

The first guard steps aside. "Enjoy your night, madame."

Near the Entrance

The guard is going to... strongly encourage for a bit, but isn't going to force the matter.

However, there will be at least two guards in view of Harnel for the rest of the night.

Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods at Libra. "You know how much I dislike it; and he certainly doesn't like it any more than I do."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-22 at 01:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro raises an eyebrow at Harnel, but that's the only break in his demeanor. "I'm afraid the distance between Inside and Riverside does mean I won't hear everything there is to know. It does please me to hear that you know of use, however. I hope you enjoy your time in the city. It's quite different from such a grand city as Inside, but I do think it has its own charms."

6. - Top - End - #6

Riftside - The Tower

"Hey! Unlike you he actually enjoys being a girl at times!" Libra protests, pointing at Emalda. "But alright, I'll turn you back." It will happen instantly, one moment Emalda is there, the next Harnel prime is. Back in his original condition.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Wine Tasting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wine Tasting - Lenai +1

Arriving at the event she wasn't supposed to know about, Lenai is intent on crashing this little soiree in style. Clothed, for the first time since she's been in the Nexus, in something other than a thin layer of soil. Specifically she's made herself a surprisingly plush and flattering overcoat made from the furs of the booming saber-squirrel population her forest boasts these days. It may be sewn together with sinew, but it hugs her slim, toned body well and hides whatever she might be wearing or not beneath it.

She strolls right up to one of the guards with determination in her eyes, hiding her discomfort at being away from her forest carries, "I am here to watch the ceremonies, as one of the artists responsible for providing the main refreshment up for judgement." Cole may be with her if she's managed to coax him to come, since he is equally responsible for this and should take just as much of the credit.

Cole is here, and dressed finer than he's been since his wedding clothes were ruined by weather and travel. He may have rejected much of his past, but he knows that a Beekeeper Druid Priest must dress the part. To that end, he asked Jeanne to go to the market and trade some of his honey for some fine fabric, as well as a needle and thread, and from that, he made a proper priest's tunic.

He remains barefoot, of course. He hasn't been able to wear shoes since he left his home. Even stepping indoors is wrenching for him. How much worse if he was also carrying his own barriers with him.

The entire ordeal is possible for him for two reasons. First, because his lady asked it of him. And second, because there are a few bees in his hair, keeping him connected to the hive and the forest.

He speaks nothing, but holds his head high. He is a representative of the Hive, and of the forest, adopted son of the Wolf. No one here can make him feel ashamed. Even if he is so young that his beard is only now starting to come in for the first time.

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wine Tasting-Tobias

The man in the top hat also sports a fine mustache and what appears to be a hybrid between a suit and a trench coat. It's brown with prominent brass buttons, and under it he wears a vest with many pockets.

"Indeed I am," He says, offering a handshake, "Sir Donwell. I'm the head of security for this event, as well: if you have trouble, feel free to come to me. The fine spirits are over that way, the snacks are in the side rooms, and conversation is anywhere you very well like. It's too early for me to pin down the circles yet, though; so far most of it is generic empty talk and gossip."
    The fox-eyed druid firmly shakes Sir Donwell's hand. Thank you. I was hoping you could tell me about your group. This is the first I've heard about it. Admittedly, I don't know much about Riverside in general.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2013-01-22 at 10:42 AM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riftside - The Tower

"Hey! Unlike you he actually enjoys being a girl at times!" Libra protests, pointing at Emalda. "But alright, I'll turn you back." It will happen instantly, one moment Emalda is there, the next Harnel prime is. Back in his original condition.
    [Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel lets out a breath, glad to have all those thoughts out of his head. He says, "Alright, you two still have the rift above your home. Mind if I go to take a look at it, make sure it's not dangerous? It was my original reason for being here in the first place. You can send me home after that."

if the pair don't object, Harnel will go up to the roof to see the rift, and try to judge whether it's truly dangerous, or just weird.

10. - Top - End - #10

Near the Entrance

The sorceress sigh at Harnel, "Dear, if swords aren't allowed. Maybe you should give him it?" Why was he being so intense all of sudden?

"Yes, I can see it's a community on the rise. Last time I was here there were new constructions at all even through I heard you recently have gone through some hardships. Something about a god?" Of course, she wasn't sure she could count a being that created such chaos a god.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah yes. Dionysus. We're still recovering from that incident, but we're putting it behind us and have learned from it. A sort of magical contaminant was introduced tot he water supply through the river. We're presently working on introducing a more robust water filtration system that can deal with these sorts of issues, though unfortunately the division of the city does pose a barrier. We do what we can, however. Tenebras is very concerned with the growth of the city." Ramiro says. Evidently he's pleased with Cessie's interest.

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wine Tasting

Cole is here, and dressed finer than he's been since his wedding clothes were ruined by weather and travel. He may have rejected much of his past, but he knows that a Beekeeper Druid Priest must dress the part. To that end, he asked Jeanne to go to the market and trade some of his honey for some fine fabric, as well as a needle and thread, and from that, he made a proper priest's tunic.

He remains barefoot, of course. He hasn't been able to wear shoes since he left his home. Even stepping indoors is wrenching for him. How much worse if he was also carrying his own barriers with him.

The entire ordeal is possible for him for two reasons. First, because his lady asked it of him. And second, because there are a few bees in his hair, keeping him connected to the hive and the forest.

He speaks nothing, but holds his head high. He is a representative of the Hive, and of the forest, adopted son of the Wolf. No one here can make him feel ashamed. Even if he is so young that his beard is only now starting to come in for the first time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him. Vryn is also allowed in, as is Defelant...

But Lenai is stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, mam, but you aren't on the guest list, and I have direct orders that only guests on the list can be let in," the guard says politely. "I you think there's been a mistake, you can-"

"Lenai!"

The guard not talking to Lenai looks back into the crowd. "It's that crazy woman," He says in a hushed voice and steps back.

Enthi Amin, food critic extraordinaire, is dressed up in a mindbogglingly-expensive overly artistic getup. There's bands on her tentacles, her blue lipstick is sparkling... she's all sparkling. She's almost a blue and purple disco ball.

"So glad you could make it! Come on in! Are you stoppping her?"

"She-"

"No."

"Lo-"

"Let her in right now or you will be spending the money off of this gig for hospital bills."

The other guard nods his head; he doesn't doubt that she could do bad things, even through full plate.

The first guard steps aside. "Enjoy your night, madame."

Near the Entrance

The guard is going to... strongly encourage for a bit, but isn't going to force the matter.

However, there will be at least two guards in view of Harnel for the rest of the night.

Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods at Libra. "You know how much I dislike it; and he certainly doesn't like it any more than I do."

Wine Tasting - Lenai and Cole

"I'm glad you've come to reason. If you have a mat, please get it for my colleague. He has discerning tastes for what he allows himself to stand on." All those unwanted lessons in high culture her father forced upon her have come to this.

Lenai walks into the mansion, peering around at the assorted guests and wondering just how they will react once they've sampled the main course. It should be an enlightening affair for everyone involved.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Wine tasting

Dipsnig and the Mayor are allowed in, and Sedrat Quelg (the quarren on the eastside parliment) will immediately head towards him.
    The Mayor nods to Sedrat when he sees him approach. "Ah, Councilor Quelg. I expected to see Parliament members here."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-22 at 01:06 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riftside - The Tower

Harnel nods to Harnel. "Go ahead, I didn't see anything outside but go ahead."

Wine Tasting

Lenai+1

"Unfortunately, they assured me several times that they could not provide every possible luxury without making the logician's head explode, and I'm rather fond of her."

Enthi looks down at Cole. She seems to also look down on him, but then again it seems that she looks down on literally everything in the room that is not Lenai.

"I don't think anyone has gotten into the Mead yet. If this does not change soon, I will make a speech."

Tobias

Donwell nods. "Well, from what I understand it's some kind of insane fluke of luck in that some members from an Elite social group were pulled into the nexus and, surprise surprise, they were no longer nobility! The ones that could lever their way back up the social ladder, they did if the couldn't, they were left behind. It's a very every-man-for-himself kind of organization; they help each other but none of us are dependent on the charity of others."

"Of course, there are a lot of people that match this story that aren't in the group. The final trick, of course, is who you know."

Eastside politicians

"Every member of the Parliment is invited; I saw to it myself." Sedrat says. "In addition, I'm finishing up some of my other obligations, as well, so my maximum attention can be devoted to my office."

Anyone else

There are a lot of people here... most anyone can Look for a Conversation and find one.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-22 at 05:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Vyrn spots Ramiro, Cessie, and Harnel and heads over in their direction. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Mithar, Mr. Gallo. Am I interrupting anything?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #16

Wine Tasting - Tobias

Ah... The proud world of High Society and the few people who are somehow very important despite having never done anything for the majority of the people... Tobias carefully keeps the disdain off his face. Due to my own political work, I am well acquainted with them, although I can't say I understand them.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Wine Tasting - Lenai +1

"It is of no concern, Lenai. I am well." Cole says. He puts his hand up to allow one of his bees to land on it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel looks over Vyrn, and nods in respect to him, but doesn't say anything. He's just here in his capacity as Cessie's body guard (and taster, given Cessie doesn't drink wine), so he's not really contributing to the conversation.

[Riftside - The Tower]

Harnel will leave the room, going up to the roof to see about that rift. His job here still wasn't complete after all...
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-23 at 03:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

The councilor nods, at least they were doing something about it. Too bad so much chaos and destruction had to ensue though. "How is riverside divided exactly? Are you working towards some kind of unification?" She asks before suddenly Vyrn approaches them.

Cessie gives him a polite nod, recognizing his status. "We were just discussing Riversides current situation actually, but I wouldn't say you're interrupting anything." The sorceress wasn't exactly sure what she was going to call Vyrn. Adviser just didn't seem right but he wasn't really royalty either.

Riftside - The Tower

Libra gets up from the floor and follows Harnel and Harnel curiously. "So you're going back to your clone world now mister clone?" She asks, her teddy bear suddenly there again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-23 at 06:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside politicians

"Every member of the Parliment is invited; I saw to it myself." Sedrat says. "In addition, I'm finishing up some of my other obligations, as well, so my maximum attention can be devoted to my office."
    "Finishing your other obligations? What exactly do you mean?" Mayor O'Donnel knows that Sedrat is affiliated with the people who are organizing this event, of course.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #21

Wine Tasting

One might be tempted to think an event like this is just a touch too classy for a cyborg like our Magtok. He's not known for his poise or grace, after all, but his eccentricities. He didn't get onto the Council for being dignified, but for being dangerous. Indeed, one might think this is exactly the sort of place that doesn't want or need a Magtok, and Magtok himself would probably agree!

Appropriate or not, no matter whether you think him well-mannered or just plain unwell, our cyborg still managed to get an invitation. He almost didn't show up, nearly sparing everyone the indignity of spending another minute in his intolerable presence, before realizing that Riverside's politicians would be in attendance. Nightmarishly boring wine-sipping festival or not, he couldn't very well pass up an opportunity for more intel on these people, could he? It'd be such a disappointment to Ilpholin, and he can't very well allow himself to look weak and lazy to the rest of AMEN, not after the disaster that was Ilph's week away from the Association...

"Nothing to declare but this laser-eyed waterfowl, Mr. Guardfellow. Do be careful with it, and try not to make eye contact, they see that as a challenge."

Magtok attempts to pass the lasgoose along to the guard, before strolling in through the door. Gods know he's going to be bored out of his mind here, but at least he had the sense to come alone. Doesn't want a repeat of the miserable deadtime quagmires he suffered at the drow party, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

Vyrn spots Ramiro, Cessie, and Harnel and heads over in their direction. "Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Mithar, Mr. Gallo. Am I interrupting anything?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Harnel looks over Vyrn, and nods in respect to him, but doesn't say anything. He's just here in his capacity as Cessie's body guard (and taster, given Cessie doesn't drink wine), so he's not really contributing to the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The councilor nods, at least they were doing something about it. Too bad so much chaos and destruction had to ensue though. "How is riverside divided exactly? Are you working towards some kind of unification?" She asks before suddenly Vyrn approaches them.

Cessie gives him a polite nod, recognizing his status. "We were just discussing Riversides current situation actually, but I wouldn't say you're interrupting anything." The sorceress wasn't exactly sure what she was going to call Vyrn. Adviser just didn't seem right but he wasn't really royalty either.

"Ah, Mr. Altaran. It's a pleasure to meet you. As Mrs. Mithar said, we were discussing the political situation in the city. I'm afraid there are no plans of any sort of unification at the time being." Ramiro says.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Ponyville]

Eeww...

Syrup.

The light purple filly is now VERY sticky! And that seems to break her out of whatever weird trance she was in. "Gah! What-?"

She whirls around now dripping with sticky, sweet liquid. And she has a look of utter betrayal in her eyes. "Is... this syrup?" she asks in a quivering voice, doing her best to push a now clingy strand of mane out of her eyes. "Why would you..."

Her voice is trembling now as tears begin forming in her eyes.

"You're all mean!" the filly wails before turning once again and galloping off toward town crying.

[Ponyville]

Hm.
    The last alien didn't really react that way.

This leaves the CMC rather perplexed, staring off with confusion as the filly runs away.

"Wow. That alien is really weird."
    "Scootaloo, yer dumb. That ain't an alien!"
    "Oooh, we should go apologize!"
    "Why should we apologize for being cautious? She came out of a statue! Alien!"

The pegasus is given two dirty looks, before Applebloom and Sweetie Belle both run off after the crying filly.
    "Waaaaait, come back! We didn't mean nothin' by it!"
    "We're sorry!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #24

Wine Tasting

"Then I guess the help will have to clean this up afterwards. It would have been easier with a mat, but we can't always have things the easy way." Lenai reaches into the folds of her furs and pulls out a sewn leather satchel full of dirt from Wildside, topsoil mixed with the fallen leaves of her hibiscus trees. Unless she's stopped she'll open it up and pour out a good amount on a patch of floor.

"There, much better to have beneath your feet than manufactured flooring, wouldn't you agree?" She asks Cole, gesturing that he can stand there if he likes. She didn't ask if he wanted her to bring something like this earlier, simply assuming he might need a bit of an extra comfort of their home to keep himself calm in this unnatural environment.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #25

[Ponyville]

She did come out of a statue, didn't she? A creepy bug statue. That certainly seems concerning, doesn't it? And yet her reaction was all wrong! Aliens are supposed to be allergic to syrup, the comic book said so. But instead of keeling over the filly just acted like any filly might if doused with sweet sticky syrup.

When she's met from behind by apologies instead of cruel laughter that seems to be enough to give the filly pause. She turns back toward the others and it is plain to see that her face is an absolute mess. Sticky with snot and tears and sugary goop. She tries to reply a few times, but the first few attempts are choked off by tears.

After a rather agonizing few moments she finally manages to whimper out a pathetic, "...why?"

Her coat is a deep sky blue and her mane a poofy orange-pink. Reminiscent of the sky at sunrise right before things start getting bright. Her eyes are a warm golden yellow like morning light streaming through thick clouds.

And the filly's flank is, without question, blank.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah. Discussing possible unification of Riverside, I take it? It's unfortunate that it's so divided-I've always believed that to face the threats in this world, we must face them as a unified force. Division only weakens us all. This would be a much better place if more felt that way, in my opinion, but what do you all think?" Some might take that to be simply his excuse for his violent forging of the Empire, but there's no deceit in Vyrn's tone. Whether that means he believes it or he's just really good at this isn't apparent, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wine Tasting

Tobias

"No member of the Discerning Eye is useless. I'll admit that a number of them aren't any good to the bulk of the populace, but none of them are useless. A number are dangerous in their own, economic ways." He shrugs. "I don't agree with all of them, but suffice to say that none of them are truly useless."

Lenai +1

Enthi doesn't seem to care about the dirt. One of the guards stares, but Enthi doesn't care.

"The other things available vary between microbreweries to some alien stuff only found orbiting some star in some nebula, and I have tried it all and found nothing as good. Nothing. There is no doubt in my mind that people will remember it, even if they remember nothing else from tonight."

Eastside politicians

"I was a rather active member in this organization for a time, something that helped my election I expect. Still, I want to avoid any distractions, such as 'old friends' asking for 'favors'." Sedrat then guestures toward the table of fine spirits. "How about we try something? I know for a fact that a lot of money was spent procuring these samples, and I know at least one person who has threatened bodily harm if someone doesn't enjoy them."

Magtok

The guard accepts the lasgoose with hesitance. "It... what?"

"Just do what he says and keep it out of the way; I'll call it into Donwell, I guess?"

As Magtok enters the room, someone in particular is watching him. A woman with purple hair, wearing the sash and pin of The Discering Eye. She isn't speaking to anyone at the moment, instead examining Magtok with curiosity.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-23 at 09:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville]

Well, her face is all gross.
    An alien's face could be all gross too?

Although this is a different kind of gross.

Enough to make the two other fillies each flinch a bit.
    Sweetie's horn glows and a napkin is drifted towards the rather miserable-looking gross filly.

"Um...it was...an accident?"
    Lame response.
    Applebloom seems to agree, in that she rubs one of her hooves awkwardly before offering the better truth. Embarrassment is king upon her face.
    "Sorta...thoughtyouwereanalien."

Scootaloo lurks somewhere in the distance behind.
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #29

[Ponyville]

The filly sits down and takes the napkin in her hooves and does her best to clean her face with it. There isn't much to do about the syrup beyond a good bath. But at least she can take care of the snot and the tears. "Thanks..." she mutters with a small sniffle.

That's a little bit better.

But just a little.

"An... alien? Like... with antenna? And eyes that shoot space magic?"
    the filly inquires cautiously.

Gotta watch out for that space magic.

Nasty stuff.

"Why would you think I'm an alien? And... why syrup?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville]

"Yeah...like with space magic."
    Did it always sound silly? Maybe it's just the way this filly says it.

Applebloom frowns a bit at the question of the syrup.
    "Well, it's how the aliens in the comic were beat.
    And the alien back at the club-house seemed to get stopped by it too..."

That was really all she needed to be certain of the plan.

"Hrm...wish I remembered that spell Rarity always used to cleaning up messes..."
    "Why? You couldn't use it-yer horn's back!"
    A startled look, a hoof jabbed towards Sweetie's head.
    Another startled look, and a hoof slapped up to feel for a horn.
    "Huh? Oh my gosh, it is! Eeeee! I can use magic again!"
    "Does that mean everythin's okay again?"

From somewhere behind:
    "WHOA! MY WINGS ARE BACK?!"
    Absentee Spirit