New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Othar, A new Outsider who is neutral

Othar
    Size/Type: Medium Sized Outsiders
    Hit Dice: 25d8+100 (212 HP)
    Initiative: +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Imp. Initiative)
    Speed: 60 ft
    Armor Class: 34 (+4 Dex, +15 Nat, +5 Deflection)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+33
    Attack: Slam +34 (1-6+10)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +34/+34 (1-6+10/1-6+10)
    Space/Reach: 5ft by 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Spell Casting, Enraging Gaze
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 9/-m Immunities, Resistances, Fast Healing 4, SR 25, See in Darkness, Telepathy
    Saves: Fort +18 Ref +18 Will +23
    Abilities: Str 27, Dex 18, Con 19, Int 24, Wis 29, Cha 20
    Skills: Bluff +27, Concentration +32, Diplomacy +27, Gather Information +30, Heal +28, Hide +29, Knowledge Arcane +31, Knowledge Religion +31, Knowledge The planes +31, Listen +37, Move Silently +29,Search +31, Sense Motive +34, Spel Craft +31, Spot +37
    Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Penetrate Damage Reduction, Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus ( slam) Weapon Specialization (slam); Deflect Arrows B
    Enviroment: Any
    Organization: Solitary (90%) or small group 2-3 (10%)
    Challange Rating: 17
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Neutral

Spell casting: An Othar casts spells as a 13th level Cleric, but without domains.
    Immunities: Immune to disease, poison, and mind afecting spells,
    Resistances: Acid, Electricity and Sonic (15) Fire and Cold (5)
    See in Darkness (Su): Othar have the supernatural ability to see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even magical darkness created by spells.
    Telepathy (Su): Othar may communicate telepathicallt with any creature within 100 feet as long as the creature can speak a language.
    Enraging Gaze (Su): Once every 4 rounds as a swift action, An Othar may use this gaze attack upon any one creature within 100 feet. If the target fails a will save (DC 27), it mindlessly attack the nearest being with its most effective form of attack available, whether spells, weapon or special ability; this mindless rage lasts for 3 rounds. This is a mind-affecting ability.

Description
    Othars look like dark, brooding humanoids. Their skin a golden hue and their eyes solid red and unblinking. Their true purposes are unknown, each seems to pick a region and make it its home, wandering endlessly. Othar do not cause harm, trouble, or discord directly.

No one knows exactly where the Othar came from and they, themselves, are silent on the matter. Unless a question is asked that is inligned with their particular goal, the refuse to answer, and ignore anybody who tries to gain such knowledge from them. Their clerical powers leads some sages to beleive that they are servants of an as of yet unknown diety. whilst other feel they are spirits given flesh.

Combat
    Othar never initiate a fight, no matter how they are taunted, threatened, or cajoled. Once they are attacked though, they retaliate with overwhelmingly deadly force.
    Last edited by dice24; 2013-07-21 at 10:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Othar, A new Outsider who is neutral

What does this look like? I'd love to critique but I have just a stat block.

Size/Type: Medium Outsider

Should it have the Extraplanar subtype?

Now we come to some more obvious errors.

First, Outsiders have BAB like a fighter. It is equal to their HD.
    Second, a pummel is really a slam attack. I think the damage is 1d6+10 not 1-6d10.

BAB should be 25

Attack is BAB + size modifier + Str modifier

25 +0 +8 = 33 +1 weapon focus for a total of +34 melee. [Fixed my earlier error here where I had the Dex mod instead of Str mod)]

Attack: Slam +34 melee (1d6+10)
    Full Attack: 2 slams +34 melee (1d6+10)

It looks like it is missing 2 feats. You should consider giving it epic feats.

It seems to have a rather hodge-podge of abilities that don't give much a feeling of what this creature is like or even where it is from. Environment for Outsiders is almost always its home plane.

It's not bad, it's just a little boring.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-21 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Fixed Attack Lines
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can we have some fluff, please? What makes this thing special?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

how are you getting

Quote Originally Posted by debihuman
    Attack is BAB + size modifier + Str modifier

25 +0 +4 = 29 +1 weapon focus for a total of +30 melee.
    25+0+8(str is 27.. not 18?) =33 then you add the +1 from weapn focus and it becomes 34..
    Last edited by ngilop; 2013-07-21 at 06:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I looked at Dex and not Str obviously (Doh!) I've fixed my earlier post.

Yes, melee should be +34.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-21 at 07:15 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread