Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    At first I was ...Then I

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hi guys , this is Dalejn from EUNE server .

I mostly play solo top / jungle , although people have seen me support every once in a while.
    Im not a terrificly good player , but i know some things about the game and have a questionable amount of skill. So if its possible , id like to get some advice on how to better understand the game and play my roles better in forms of guides , tips and of course advice from veterans such as yourselves
    Cheers!

3. - Top - End - #93

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalejn View Post
    Hi guys , this is Dalejn from EUNE server .

I mostly play solo top / jungle , although people have seen me support every once in a while.
    Im not a terrificly good player , but i know some things about the game and have a questionable amount of skill. So if its possible , id like to get some advice on how to better understand the game and play my roles better in forms of guides , tips and of course advice from veterans such as yourselves
    Cheers!
    Who do you jungle as?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    That was amazing.

Also, huh, I was under the impression that draven's passive worked automatically.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    That was amazing.

Also, huh, I was under the impression that draven's passive worked automatically.
    it doesn't have an immediate tick like teemo, instead he's attack so fast he's refreshing the proc before the first tick happens... so it stacks to boom.

I should mention that this is probably a bug.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2012-11-14 at 01:07 PM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Who do you jungle as?
    Well that depends on the team comp but mostly cho , nautilus , udyr or malphite
    "Of course Evil's afoot. If it had switched to the metric system it'd be up to a meter by now. "

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Current rating of 1635 after 5 support wins in a row. For reference, that is 3 below efdf's elo after the reset(Unless lolking is lying to me, which it doesn't look like) Basically, barring huge shifts in elo, a lot higher then I ended last season. There is no way I deserve this elo.

I don't know whether to be scared or excited. We'll see after my next 5 games probably.

Oh right, I had a question. When does the inflated elo gains/losses start normalizing, and at what rate? Just curious, and I can't find a good estimate anywhere.(Something like 40-30 first 5 games, lose about 2-3 elo gain/loss on average after that would be a good example, though I don't think that's what it is.)
    I still think support is unfairly good for climbing elo. I'm pretty sure that a good attitude and friendly team chat contributes more than 200-300 elo's worth of support skill, so you can pretty much just rise way way above your elo by being friendly and playing the scaredest Soraka.

It's probably not the most meaningful or fun way to get elo, but I do think it's the best overall.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

God. I pick Darius. I 1v1 jayce three times in a row back to back. I get ganked twice and get double kills each time. Only time I die to ganks is a 3 man tower dive and an early gank that gave me a double kill anyways. I roam middle and straight up 2v1 the enemy middle/jungle.

Nothing matters because ez was godlike before I even saw him.

40 minute game. We had more kills. We even gold 100% for 90% of the game. We often even went even in teamfights. Nothing mattered because my team didn't know how to play at all. And ez killed everything.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    God. I pick Darius. I 1v1 jayce three times in a row back to back. I get ganked twice and get double kills each time. Only time I die to ganks is a 3 man tower dive and an early gank that gave me a double kill anyways. I roam middle and straight up 2v1 the enemy middle/jungle.

Nothing matters because ez was godlike before I even saw him.

40 minute game. We had more kills. We even gold 100% for 90% of the game. We often even went even in teamfights. Nothing mattered because my team didn't know how to play at all. And ez killed everything.
    And this is why I like to ban Ezreal now. Dude is freakin' annoying and too slippery.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Every once in a while, I keep linking this in this thread, usually to little to no response at all, much to my chagrin, because I think it is a fascinating topic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRlYM9F50EQ

This being a talk of about 13 minutes on how certain game design elements can "trick" people into behaving worse than they usually would. It does not mention LoL, but it talks a fair bit about Heroes of Newearth, so, not far off.

(the second part, dealing with design elements that trick people into behaving better than usual, is here)
    That was pretty cool. Thanks.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    And this is why I like to ban Ezreal now. Dude is freakin' annoying and too slippery.
    I ban Ezreal because he is like Shaco. The enemy Ezreal will be impossible to catch, land all his poke and buff his bruiser's attack speed while also hitting your whole team with the W to get his passive up instantly. Your Ezreal will miss every skillshot, and E into the enemy team every time.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Every once in a while, I keep linking this in this thread, usually to little to no response at all, much to my chagrin, because I think it is a fascinating topic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRlYM9F50EQ

This being a talk of about 13 minutes on how certain game design elements can "trick" people into behaving worse than they usually would. It does not mention LoL, but it talks a fair bit about Heroes of Newearth, so, not far off.

(the second part, dealing with design elements that trick people into behaving better than usual, is here)
    That's what I've always believed too. Still, I feel there's little to comment here beyond "Yeah, I suppose that's how it is" since the video doesn't really present arguments as much as just lays out what I'd consider facts.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Hurricane may/may not be ridiculous depending on interaction with Pick A Card, Sheen, and some other things that are less interesting. There's no way that PaC would get through, though, even with the otherwise mediocre TF stats.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Hurricane may/may not be ridiculous depending on interaction with Pick A Card, Sheen, and some other things that are less interesting. There's no way that PaC would get through, though, even with the otherwise mediocre TF stats.
    Oh, the fun Twitch will have with this and Expunge.

Wonder if it works with Bio-Arcane Barrage too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm wondering if anyone here has the same experience as me.
    I just had a game, where my laptop decided it was time to restart the computer for me, so it forced me out of the game and restarted, and slowly at that. By the time I got back the game had already been over and I got marked as a leaver. Man is it frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Um, what is this all about?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the idea of running Hurricane on Teemo.

He'd become a split push god.

EDIT: Wait, does this work for Kayle as well? Can she even buy it?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

I want to try a Jax/Fizz top lane now, with the flawless timing this would require.

One day I will make Jax jump the shark.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone here has the same experience as me.
    I just had a game, where my laptop decided it was time to restart the computer for me, so it forced me out of the game and restarted, and slowly at that. By the time I got back the game had already been over and I got marked as a leaver. Man is it frustrating...

Um, what is this all about?
    New item

Runaan’s Hurricane
    (Ranged Only)
    +60% Attack Speed
    UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing (50% of Total Attack Damage) physical damage. These apply on-hit effects.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2798405

P.S. If it's patch Wednesday on my computer, I make sure to patch first before playing LoL. Best case scenario, my computer minimizes my LoL game to tell me I need to restart. Worse case scenario, it reboots it for me and I lose 5 minutes or so to re-enter the game =P

It's happened to me before, but not long enough to label me a leaver.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-11-14 at 05:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

New item
    Awesome item, thanks!

It's happened to me before, but not long enough to label me a leaver.
    I wish mine would do that, but it just shuts down without a warning. Well, I hopefully fixed that, so whatever right?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

New core item on Teemo, kthx.

Works nicely with new cleaver as well.

EDIT: I wonder what New Malady will look like?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-11-14 at 05:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I like the idea of running Hurricane on Teemo.

He'd become a split push god.

EDIT: Wait, does this work for Kayle as well? Can she even buy it?
    She becomes Ranged, so it'd work when her E is active, but only then. Its largely the same with Elise, Jayce, and Nidalee.

22. - Top - End - #112

Hurricane sounds fun with AD Kennen.

Stuns. Stuns errywhere.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

23. - Top - End - #113

My only prob with Hurricane is that it doesn't mesh well with the crit-based itemization that completely dominates the damage charts currently. Will have to see what the S2 changes do about that tho.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Hurricane sounds fun with AD Kennen.

Stuns. Stuns errywhere.

Kennen doesn't have on-hit effects.
    Edit: Unless you're talking about the thematic overlap. In that case, well played.

My only prob with Hurricane is that it doesn't mesh well with the crit-based itemization that completely dominates the damage charts currently. Will have to see what the S2 changes do about that tho.
    I don't remember where, but I think a designer talked about how they were going to fix the brokenness of crits in S3.
    Last edited by Mephit; 2012-11-14 at 05:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post

Kennen doesn't have on-hit effects.
    Edit: Unless you're talking about the thematic overlap. In that case, well played.
    The W mark of the storm/extra damage on every 4th hit?

26. - Top - End - #116

I thought that wasn't an on-hit effect but the wikia corrected me. My bad.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    The W mark of the storm/extra damage on every 4th hit?
    Given that Caitlyn only gets Headshot against her primary target but counts up from everyone, I suspect Kennen works the same way. Graves getting CD adjustments on all 3 shots means 100% up time on his AS steroid late-game, as well as ridiculously short active(about every 2s).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Point taken. Given the break-neck pace of LoL's expansion, I'm not at all surprised you guys are heavily booked. I have to admit though, I was kind of expecting a decrease in champion releases after things got finalized for the world championships, and/or you guys passed the magic "100" mark. I can't help wishing some of that energy went into these sorts of projects instead... but I do understand how much new champions drive your profit margins, and how something like this would only boost revenue indirectly through attracting a more diverse player base and is thus harder to justify on a cost-return model. Still, I would hope Riot is still at the point where "making the game a better experience" is an end to itself, rather than having to be justified at every turn.....
    Misconception correction time!

Riot Development is split in to two major organizations and a couple minor organizations. (Various minor organizations are very detached from the others)

The two major organizations are: Content and Features.
    Content includes sub organizations. These are: Skins, Live, Champion, and Reworks.
    Champion is further split in to two teams that alternate champion development.
    There is another content dev team that belongs to all of them, this team is mostly used for development exploration and then hand off work to the other teams.

In content... there are ~5 engineers. (I know of 3 definitely and I believe there are a couple others on skins and graphics of whom I've not interacted much with).

Then there's features. Features includes things such as the watch team (Spectator, replays), player behavior (tribunal, the information texts you get between games, lyte), matchmaking, the strike force (small medium to high value features, such as the "accept before joining game" button) and three teams I can't yet tell you the name of (one of which I'm a part of).

Features is... significantly larger than content in both engineer size and nearly so in number of designers. It's also where the majority of our senior design goes.

We spend a lot of time NOT on champions.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

... So, perchance, Reina, could you hug Xypherus for me?

He is just made of all of my loves.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Then again I don't think its really for those who go massive crit damage; but more for characters that want to build on-hit, such as the potential abuse case: Teemo.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online