New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Hate is Weak to Cuteness, Lets Play Nuzlocke Moemon Emerald (Randomised)

Hello to you all, and welcome to the world of Moemon!
    Spoiler
    Show

For this those unaware of what Moemon, Nuzlocke, or Randomized games are let me spread the knowledge.

Moemon: Game hacks for many of the Pokemon series games that replaces the traditional creatures of the world with cute, cuddly versions. For this version, Emerald, there is also a version that includes a warping bedroom door and some other nifty tools, but we will use the more vanilla version for "artistic" reasons.

Nuzlocke: Self Imposed challenge for any pokemon game that has the following basic rules-
    1. The Player can only capture the first Pokemon they encountered in each new area.
    2. If a Pokemon fainted they would consider it dead and release it.

Randomized: Another game hack that randomly configures where and when a specific pokemon will show up in a given area. For example if I hit randomize and begin playing the three starter pokemon could be nearly anything, and the wild Pokemon from the first route could be as normal as a Rattata or as bizarre as a Charzard.

Now that these terms are understood by everyone let us begin by having me set the Nuzlocke rules for this game:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The Player can only capture the first Pokemon they encountered in each new area.
    2. All Moemon must be given a Nickname, They're people two :P
    3. If a Moemon fainted they would consider it dead and release it.
    4."Death" of all Pokemon is considered Game Over
    5.Use of the pokemart is limited to 5 pokeballs, 1 healing item per location
    6.Use of non-healing consumables (X-Attack, Rare Candies. etc) is Prohibited
    7. Shiny Moemon are not an exception for Rule 1, as this randomizer has spit out 3 shinies on my preview playthrough
    8. Legendaries can be caught and ignore Rule 1, but must be put into the PC until a time when the audience (thats you) deems it appropriate
    9. Any pokemon missing a Moemon sprite is to be killed without mercy or, if caught and the back sprite is normal, released.

Post List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chapter 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by AutumnLotus; 2012-12-09 at 07:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Hate is Weak to Cuteness, Lets Play Nuzlocke Moemon Emerald (Randomised)

What do the three randomize options mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Hate is Weak to Cuteness, Lets Play Nuzlocke Moemon Emerald (Randomised)

Ah, let me rewrite it into a more detailed explination then. One moment

4. - Top - End - #4

I vote Liquefied.

And your main character to be female. Lily for the name, maybe?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5

Mixed sounds good. Liquefied is a little too crazy for me
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Mixed, and I'll support female and Lily.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-08 at 03:47 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #7

Then its decided: Mixed W/ Female 'Lily'. I will begin the playthrough and hopefully have the first chapter out before tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

I dunno. Provided there are no chances of the level being insanely weird, I think Liquefied would be the bee's knees.

9. - Top - End - #9

What Liquefied does is basically makes every encounter random to the max, while the others change the encounters so the pokemon is randomly placed be set in an area. True random makes it so it changes every time you enter, so It doesnt effect Nuzlocke more then a chance for a legendary to Levelblock your grinding and possibly killing your current pokemon out. Its rare, but I fought a mewtwo on the first route that destroyed me even when it was at level 4 >.>

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Yeah, Pokemon with a minimum level of 50 in-game are h4x.
    But doesn't a pokeball pretty much auto succeed up to level 5?

I think, provided the level itself stays appropriate to the area of the game, liquified is the best. Round 1; rattata. Round 2; Rayquaza!

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yeah, Pokemon with a minimum level of 50 in-game are h4x.
    But doesn't a pokeball pretty much auto succeed up to level 5?

I think, provided the level itself stays appropriate to the area of the game, liquified is the best. Round 1; rattata. Round 2; Rayquaza!
    Level has nothing to do with it, it's just that pokemon you find at low levels tend to have high catch rates.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

12. - Top - End - #12

Chapter 1, Section 1: Where the Hell Am I?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was in darkness, a deep chill creeping over my body like death itself. There was nothing to see, nothing to feel. This changed, however, as a bright beam of light arced down to reveal a familiar face.

"Umm..Yeah. They're like 80% percent of the popu-"
    Birch: We humans live alongside Pokemon as friendly playmates, and at times cooperative workmates. And sometimes, we band together and battle others like us.
    "Why would you fight with such cute creatures "

Birch: I have spent my whole life researching these wonderful creatures, and hope to learn more for the world

"Soooo..your saying you don't have anything yet?"
    "....Professor..?"

"I'm Lily! You know, daughter of your childhood friend, see each other every year, friends with your son..?"

"Umm Are you okay? Do you want to lay down?"
    Birch: Ah! Yes, Lily, the girl who is moving to my hometown of Littleroot
    "What are you talking about, I live in Petalb-"

"What do you me- Why is it dark? BIRCH!?"

......*THUNK*......

"What the heck? Where am I?"

A dark, enclosed room with boxes, the soft vibration of an engine bring back feeling to her sore rear.

"Was I kidnapped? Am I for extortion against my dad? Oh Arceus Why??"

'Oh just mom, false alarm "
    Mom: This is are new home in Littleroot
    "Why did we move anyways? Wheres dad?"
    Mom: ...Why don't you go upstairs, there's a new clock for you to set!
    "But what about m-Ooh a clock?!"

Mom: You're room is upstairs. Everything of yours should be up there, I think
    "So ensuring Mom.."

I made my way upstairs to inspect my room, avoiding the ungodly abominations that were the moving crew, only to find..

"Yep..missing most of my stuff. At least I have my bed..Ooh theirs the clock!"

"Hmm..It feels like its.. 3:33AM, yep that works"

"Wheres my couch? and my dolls??"

Mom: They finished moving downstairs, come down when your ready
    "Wait, Mom, come back!"

Mom: Your favorite show is on!
    "Really? Raichu and Friends? Move Over!!"
    TV: And that was Norman of the Petalburg Gym with another amazing interview!

"Raichu..."

"Yeah, Birch's family Righ-"
    Mom: They live next door, why don't you go introduce yourself?
    "But..Okay, whatever you say Mom"

Making my way around town, I soon found myself at Professor Birch's home. Nearly identical to our own, it was slightly larger to support the family of four. It was quint, homey even. Entering the home after a short knock I found myself looking at Mrs. Birch, a kind smile on her face as she pulled me close for a hug.

Mrs. Birch: Lily! so Nice to see you!
    "You too, its been far to long"
    Mrs. Birch: Yes indeed. Are you here to see my husband? He's out right now, so how about going to see our son Brendan? He should be upstairs

With a nod I went upstair, waving at the newest addition to the family, a young boy named Maxxy, before moving up the stairs.

Once upstairs my eyes immediately fixated upon a large red and white ball, so shiny and spherical that it demanded to be touched by a beauty such as me. As I was about to obtain it though..

Brendan: Your the new neighbor right? Norman's child?
    "Well I have a name..and wait, we met before!"
    Brendan: Weird..I expected a boy, but thats fine
    "Wait, how do get boy out of Lily?"

"Uhmm..Hi? I guess?"
    Brendan: Now as much as I'd like to talk more, I have some fieldwork to do. Maybe when I get back I can teach you to catch pokemon, sound Fun?
    "Sure..I'll be going now"

And like that we split ways, Brendan oddly going to his computer while I left the house in search of his father Professor Birch. As I made my way towards the town edge I heard a series of screams and, expecting a vicious assault, I ran towards the direction of the sound. What I found..Surprised and Amused me.

Birch was being chased by a little pokemon through the grass, corning him into a tree somehow. Wasting no time, I moved over to the bag the man was flailing his arms toward and looking inside.

Decision Time

Breloom

Seel

Dragonair

Voting poll for starter is now open, give your choice of the three and a nickname for them. In this game there is an assumption of female gender no matter the actual sign, unless it is a single gender pokemon like Nidoran male or Volbeat
    Last edited by AutumnLotus; 2012-12-09 at 07:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Isn't the first one Breloom?

I suggest going with the Dragonair because it's adorable, and call her Elizabeth. I've always thought dragonair was incredibly regal and I'm glad they've brought that over well into the Moemon sprite

14. - Top - End - #14

Oddly enough It was listed as Beldum, but I checked ahead and it is normal beyond the pokeball sack Okay thats a vote for dragonair and a exquisite name.

Another note: I WILL be giving the party members personalities and will base most or at least some of they're quirks off of the nickname

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Dragonair. Because it's a dragon, and therefore at least 20% cooler than any non-dragon.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-12-09 at 07:18 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Isn't the first one Breloom?

I suggest going with the Dragonair because it's adorable, and call her Elizabeth. I've always thought dragonair was incredibly regal and I'm glad they've brought that over well into the Moemon sprite
    This has the Illven seal of approval.

17. - Top - End - #17

If you can get one of the dragon lines as your starter, you kind of have to take it, I think.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragonair!!!!
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

You need a dragonair as your starter; totally. I vote calling her Tiamat.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

*Gets off MGS Peace Walker for a few seconds* Pipefish? (Name of best soldier in MGS Peace Walker)
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

21. - Top - End - #21

You need a dragonair as your starter; totally. I vote calling her Tiamat.
    I'll support this only if she's convinced she is an actual Dragon Goddess

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    I'll support this only if she's convinced she is an actual Dragon Goddess
    I was gonna say "Breloom because she is cutest and looks like she is dancing the hula!"

But yes. Dragonair uppity Babylonian goddess. The Internet compels you

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I was gonna say "Breloom because she is cutest and looks like she is dancing the hula!"

But yes. Dragonair uppity Babylonian goddess. The Internet compels you
    I was initially thinking of using Elizabeth, but this is far too tempting

I will begin working on the next Section, hopefully far enough to reach the first captured pokemon