New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

holy
    ****ing

Boots give 25 less movement speed across the board.
    All champions have had their base movement speed increased by 25.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    holy
    ****ing
    Interesting. Where'd you see this?

It's one of the better suggestions I've seen for trying to vary starting items, though the numbers I remember were more like 10-15. We'll see whether this makes people buy different items or everyone settles into the same start again.

It's good for supports, though. Not being able to start with boots could be a real pain sometimes.

EDIT: Found it. Feel kinda dim for not finding it earlier.

EDIT EDIT:
    To make it easier for others to find: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801597

I like the ward items and am really excited to see what they do for supports. I'm wondering if the Banner of Command (Promote item) will also become a support item; I might try to pick it up on some supports. I also note that Kage's now builds into some items that should work well for supports...
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-11-16 at 12:18 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

While I am depressed that Zeke's herald got less useful... again...

The movespeed buff is great, the new support items are awesome...

My favorites are the one that makes a super minion, the one that QSSes an ally, and the ward item.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    While I am depressed that Zeke's herald got less useful... again...

The movespeed buff is great, the new support items are awesome...

My favorites are the one that makes a super minion, the one that QSSes an ally, and the ward item.
    It got more useful. Supports don't buy another wasted stat. As it is, Zekes is 100% ideal on... Nocturne... maybe Shvyana. Now its useful on every support.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

I generally bought it to make a carry carry harder. If I want CDR and health as a support, I'll get Shurelia's, since lifesteal is a wasted stat here.

In any case, someone purporting to have Nami's loadout has posted:

Note these are subject to change :

Passive : When Nami's spells hit allied champions they get increased movement speed for a short duration.

"Hydro Blast" Q : Nami launches a giant bubble into the air, when it lands it encases all targets hit into bubles for a short duration.

"Surging Tides" W : Unleashes a tide of water that surges between allied and enemy champions, healing allies and damaging enemies.

"Aqueous Empowerment" E : Empowers a champion for a short duration, causing them to deal increased damage and slow their target.

"Tidal Wave" R : Summons a massive tidal wave that moves across an area and knocking up targets briefly and massively slowing them
    All deal damage. W bounces up to 3 times, always alternating between ally and enemy champion.

Q does 75 to 295 + 75% AP on a 16 - 10 sec CD
    W does 50 to 210 + 50% AP on enemies (50 to 170 + 30% for heal on allies) on a 9 sec CD
    E can make your next 3 attacks do 25 to 85 + 20% AP each (assuming it can be cast on self, 5 second window to use them) on a 11 sec CD
    R does 150 to 350 + 80% AP on a 150 - 110 sec CD.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

holy
    ****ing
    Spoiler
    Show
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Well, freaking epic items and S3 changes aside (Incidentally, what do they mean by the Summoner's Rift map edit? That little ledge on the path from Blue to Baron/Dragon?)

Spoiler
    Show

I think I'm starting to get the hang of Hecarim.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Colossus in the Playground

Welp. Time to relearn the game on Season 3. Most of the items look pretty solid depending on values. Deathfire Grasp is quite worrisome in efficiency; 20% damage dealt can often be more than the old passive. I'm not sure Statikk Shiv is going to be much better than Ionic Spark.

A lot more kill/assist related effects, interesting. They won't be competitively that strong though unless pushed. I like the increase in ally-affecting things tho. Also slows; now I no longer have to build Randuin + Phage on every non-Rylai melee champ without a built-in slow.

That'll be a lot to stomach. Suffice to say, the game as we know it will be changing radically. I wouldn't be surprised if this changed champion and even team composition level considerations significantly; e.g. the new Sword of the Divine creates a much cheaper (gold-wise) sort of a "burst AD"-role that didn't really exist previously.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-16 at 02:33 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #249

Planetar

It's pretty much a massive ton of changes incoming in the next patch. You think TerrorQ is bad now? Think about post-patch. Also, time to start doing math once I grab all the new item stats off of the PBE.

10. - Top - End - #250

Anyone else having a problem where they can't reconnect to a game?

I decided to practice jungle Amumu in beginner bots, fix my path. At 1:20, the game stops and it gives me attempting to reconnect. After 2 minutes of waiting fruitlessly for that, I went and reset my router (yes, I am on hardline). It's (probably) not a bad connection after I did the router reset.

I went to log back in, and the game is giving me the dreaded "Connection Error: cannot connect to PvP.net servers" message. Multiple times. With latest Windows updates installed, and a few restarts.

Basically, anyone else having the same problem? And thank god it wasn't a Normal, it was just bots. My unintentional leave didn't ruin a victory (I hope )

The official League Wobsite appears to be down as well.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-11-16 at 03:03 AM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

So the PBE is a special, special place. That first item in my inventory is Runaan's Hurricane, and it's my new favourite thing. ... Is everyone on the PBE as ridiculously bad as the people I ended up with?

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    I can finally talk about one of the major projects I've been working on.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2801752
    Things like this make me consider how people who join the game now will feel the same way looking at screenshots from now as I do looking at ones from the beta. It's really interesting to see the aesthetics of the game as a whole changing.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Who is usually picked to shut down Jax? =V
    Malphite, as has been mentioned, is stupid good at shutting down Jax if built properly. But depending on the ADC he isn't that great of a choice. If the enemy has picked Vayne, then picking Malphite to counter both of them does beautiful things.

Yorick, if built properly, shuts down Jax very well.

Irelia vs Jax is a skill-matchup I feel.

Garen is a flat hard counter to Jax, but likely won't fit your teamcomp.

Darius is very strong versus Jax, but may/may not fit your teamcomp. Remember to dunk early if you wanna 1v1 Jax easily.

Surprisingly, Rengar can do well against Jax if you're maxing W first. But that may be a skill-matchup.

Pantheon vs Jax: As has been addressed, the issue of scaling means Jax may or may not be more useful to his team. Essentially it's a question of whether Pantheon gets jungle help or not, because he's one of those laners that does stupidly well with jungle help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I notice the tower Kog's player has targeted has an item in its inventory.
    Bit late to the party there Cheese.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Minor note: his name is Chess, not Cheese :P

I took rengar into Jax, but was maxing E like a fool, apparently. He trashed me pretty hard core.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    So the PBE is a special, special place. That first item in my inventory is Runaan's Hurricane, and it's my new favourite thing. ... Is everyone on the PBE as ridiculously bad as the people I ended up with?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I've posted on this before. Most of is that people don't really care about PBE games, especially normals, since they don't reflect on your actual accounts ELO/Normal ELO.

Fun PBE fact of the day: Hydra's active counts as an ability for Lee Sin's Passive. I'm tempted to rush it on Jungle Lee, just because holy hell does it make him faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm.... I'm now tempted to get PBE simply for the less competitive atmosphere, and more room for odd builds. Thoughts?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Minor note: his name is Chess, not Cheese :P

I took rengar into Jax, but was maxing E like a fool, apparently. He trashed me pretty hard core.
    Cheese, Chess, they're the same thing really.

As far as playing Rango vs Jax: I favor maxing W because it grants you A) defenses, which you're desperate for, and B) damage that Jax can't ignore. I follow that up with an E max, then a Q max.

Jax will likely be building Boots+3 into double dorans into Phage, or Sheen. You'll likely go something like boots+3 into chain vest into whatever else. This protects you from early Jax's physical bias(Q, regular autos). Maxing W vs Q also gives you a good amount of damage that isn't dependent on your AD, and you're unlikely to build a lot of that early on.

However, Rango also does very well with jungle help. So if you've got Mao/Malph/Whoever else has a snare/stun in the jungle then it'd be a good idea to call them up for ganks. If you're able to get reliable ganks, then you can just max Q instead of E for DPS. Just remember to not double-Q when he's spinning his stick.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Hmmm.... I'm now tempted to get PBE simply for the less competitive atmosphere, and more room for odd builds. Thoughts?
    vov. If you're just looking to play the game for fun, it's alight, and the getting free RP and IP thing is pretty cool, but it's a much smaller capacity server (i.e. you get massive login queues), and it can be pretty unstable with each new champ pre-release.

Also, the fact you currently can't sign up for it may put a damper on your plan, sadly.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post

Fun PBE fact of the day: Hydra's active counts as an ability for Lee Sin's Passive. I'm tempted to rush it on Jungle Lee, just because holy hell does it make him faster.

That's... extremely awesome. How much does it cost to buy, by the way?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

That's... extremely awesome. How much does it cost to buy, by the way?
    It's pricey, yeah. About 3k I think. Can't be sure, since I'm not currently in the PBE and there's a 1 hour queue time atm, but it builds from Tiamat and Vamp.

I'm not sure what I think of the new Vamp, but BT got a buff out of it. Up to +70 ad from +60, but stacks reduced to a max of +30.

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot the BEST THING. Utility tree gives you a BISCUIT.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-11-16 at 09:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Have to tinker a new Irelia build because they remove Ionic spark.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh, why do people ragequit?

Decided on a whim to play some ranked, and we got an akali who goes 0/7/2 with 16 cs, then says "I'm out" and leaves.

When we could probably have still won, since the Draven was 8/3/0 at the time.

Ugh.

And it was a placement game, too

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    It's pricey, yeah. About 3k I think. Can't be sure, since I'm not currently in the PBE and there's a 1 hour queue time atm, but it builds from Tiamat and Vamp.
    Wait, what? A ranged-only item builds out of an item that's useless to ranged champions? That makes total sense...

Whoops, my bad.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Hydra is the Tiamat upgrade.

You're thinking Hurricane.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

People leave cuz their dumb. I lost almost all of my placement matches and am now in 1100 elo (I was 1453 or something before), I have to gain back all that elo, probably very slowly. Its mostly my fault, because I wasn't enough of a jerk to demand top and just destroy people, but multiple games I didn't do much worth mentioning.

@Items: Its a pretty huge change. It'll probably take the pros a good while to figure out things. This is why Season 3 official won't start for a while and pros have been given a preview of all the items. It'll take a while for us to see exactly what all this stuff means, but right now all I can say is:

THEY ADDED BATTLEFURY TO LEAGUE ITS NOW ACTUALLY GOOD YES SPLIT PUSH ALL DAAAAAAAAAY

In other news:
    So I've been playing Darius recently. Experimented with different builds. In lane he seems impossible to really "beat" if you make so much as 1 small mistake and/or aren't ranged, but outside of that he becomes very... meh, often times. Thoughts, tips, suggestions?

My current favorite build is probably Frozen Mallet rush, followed by tanky items. I've also messed around with Sunfire Cape rush and then... just tanky items. So yeah, I've been doing lots of tanky items. Is BT even fun on him, or do you just die? (Also: Last Whisper+Max E = 55% armor pen wtf)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    People leave cuz their dumb. I lost almost all of my placement matches and am now in 1100 elo (I was 1453 or something before), I have to gain back all that elo, probably very slowly. Its mostly my fault, because I wasn't enough of a jerk to demand top and just destroy people, but multiple games I didn't do much worth mentioning.
    Ugh, why do people ragequit?
    Don't play Ranked for 3 weeks. Let the bad people filter down first, then jump into ranked.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

cool Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

In other news:
    So I've been playing Darius recently. Experimented with different builds. In lane he seems impossible to really "beat" if you make so much as 1 small mistake and/or aren't ranged, but outside of that he becomes very... meh, often times. Thoughts, tips, suggestions?

My current favorite build is probably Frozen Mallet rush, followed by tanky items. I've also messed around with Sunfire Cape rush and then... just tanky items. So yeah, I've been doing lots of tanky items. Is BT even fun on him, or do you just die? (Also: Last Whisper+Max E = 55% armor pen wtf)
    CDR tank please. Like Olaf, really. Qing more = more AoE physical damage, more AoE magic DoTs, and easier chain ults. Also, W + Randuin's + FH lol

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

CDR tank please. Like Olaf, really. Qing more = more AoE physical damage, more AoE magic DoTs, and easier chain ults. Also, W + Randuin's + FH lol
    I realize how inherently funny FH+OMen is, yeah. But I have this strange obsession with Frozen Mallet on my bruisers.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Get it? That leaves you a slot for GA/Aegis/Hexdrinker. Perfect build. Edit: oh my god, after patch, use that slot on the BFS+QSS ugrade. Double perfect. Triple active builds are OP.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-11-16 at 12:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Colossus in the Playground

I realize how inherently funny FH+OMen is, yeah. But I have this strange obsession with Frozen Mallet on my bruisers.
    Nothing wrong with both. My go-to Olaf builds generally have FH, Omen, Aegis, Mallet and some more MR if enemy has any respectable magic damage threats. Of course it's kinda annoying that you really want Shurelya's on him but Shurelya's/Omen/FH means any Mastery-based CDR is wasted and he can easily get a ton of it.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm... Arcane Helix...
    That may be fun for blue-reliant mages... and yet ANOTHER recipe Anivia can do silly things with that requires a catalyst. (Oh you're sieging this tower? I'll just put this ult down to stop you and CRAZY HEAL)

New Avarice Blade: OH GOD THE BANKPLANK
    Boots of Speed: Now has kinda-tenacity... that... changes my Anivia build
    DFG: You fools! You've unleashed the madness of AP Rengar again!
    Frozen Fist: Oh man, that's going to be fun on Zyra
    Ohmwrecker: Oh god the diving
    Warmog's: RIP old Warmog's
    Zephyr: There's your AD Cooldown item
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC