New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

I'm really wishing I could get onto the PBE right now.

I want to try out Crazy Awesome On-Hit/AP Teemo (Sorc Shoes, Malady, Wits End/Hurricane, Death Cap, Nashor's, + 1 slot for something defensively useful, such as GA or randuins or something)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Btw does anyone know where to look for exact stats/prices of the new items?
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Btw does anyone know where to look for exact stats/prices of the new items?
    It's down a bit here
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Get it? That leaves you a slot for GA/Aegis/Hexdrinker. Perfect build. Edit: oh my god, after patch, use that slot on the BFS+QSS ugrade. Double perfect. Triple active builds are OP.
    Hexdrinker always seems so ... I dunno, I like it but I don't want to buy it. I'm also going through a moment where I realize FoN+Mallet is actually kinda awesome vs. AP. Too bad FoN is gonna go bye-bye.

But yeah, new items are gonna make me so happy. That BFS item is like... a Bruiser's dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Nothing wrong with both. My go-to Olaf builds generally have FH, Omen, Aegis, Mallet and some more MR if enemy has any respectable magic damage threats. Of course it's kinda annoying that you really want Shurelya's on him but Shurelya's/Omen/FH means any Mastery-based CDR is wasted and he can easily get a ton of it.
    Its funny because it means ADs can't do much to you until they get either crazy crit and/or Last Whisper.

Mastery CDR may be wasted, so just go Offensive true or 9/12/9 or whatever it is. A favorite trick of mine is to get all the move speed masteries, movespeed quints, and then just destroy people.

Also: Thoughts on starting W. How easy is it to all-in someone if you do it? I've recently realized how strong aggressive all-ins are top lane in certain matchups.
    Last edited by toasty; 2012-11-16 at 12:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    It's down a bit here
    Thank you ^^
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

New Malady just turned fraking awesome on Teemo.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

I really want to try AP Nami if she keeps those ratios when she comes out. AoE stun with .75 AP Ratio? Holy crap!

Also, "Morellonomicon" is an extremely silly name

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Here is a list of all the new items/costs/stats
    Brocham
    Yocham

9. - Top - End - #279

BlueKnightGuy

Fellow Summoners! I come to this thread desiring input into my next champion purchase. I have accumulated a large IP store and have narrowed down my potential decisions into the following champions:
    1. Darius
    2. Fiora
    3. Irelia
    4. Corki
    5. Lux

Everyone vote because I don't have a strong preference for any of them. I mainly play supports and junglers these days because I don't like insta-locking and those get the least thanks. My better champions are durable; I don't like dying and I like to charge into battles. I do less frequently play top lane, and I've had an odd stretch in which I've been pegged as bottom-lane carry. The last role is probably my weakest--my selection of champions there is limited to Ashe and Tristana with any skill, though I do own Twitch and Sivir. I'd probably learn Twitch if I played that role more. Yes, those are literally my only ranged AD carries. Draven does have a lot of style, but I don't feel terribly uncomfortable with my limited selection there.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I vote for Darius and Fiora. One's a roflstomping slam dunking top lane kill machine stud. And the other is a rocking, AA blockimg, gap closing, in yourface bouncing around like a ping pong ball french duelist. Plus there voices are cool.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #281
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    1. Darius
    2. Fiora
    3. Irelia
    4. Corki
    5. Lux
    I'm voting for Irelia, followed by Fiora, then Corki, then Lux, then Darius.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

Corki would round out your AD list pretty hard, giving you a lane dominator to go with your utility- and damage-based late-game carries.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Its funny because it means ADs can't do much to you until they get either crazy crit and/or Last Whisper.

Mastery CDR may be wasted, so just go Offensive true or 9/12/9 or whatever it is. A favorite trick of mine is to get all the move speed masteries, movespeed quints, and then just destroy people.

Also: Thoughts on starting W. How easy is it to all-in someone if you do it? I've recently realized how strong aggressive all-ins are top lane in certain matchups.
    Q is better for all-in than W. Also, AD will usually have either crits or LW by the time you have both FH and Omen unless you're stomping; you buy it precisely so that you don't get stomped by their damage.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Corki would round out your AD list pretty hard, giving you a lane dominator to go with your utility- and damage-based late-game carries.

Q is better for all-in than W. Also, AD will usually have either crits or LW by the time you have both FH and Omen unless you're stomping; you buy it precisely so that you don't get stomped by their damage.
    If you rush a Frozen Heart as a top laner, you can get it sometimes before the AD has IE. If the AD went IE and you went FH first they can't duel you as many, many top laners, including tanks like Malphite and probably Moakai.

Yes, by the time you get FH+Omen its very unlikely you can duel an AD carry, but it does happen, especially if the AD is behind in any way. Especially at my elo. Its sad though when a 35 minute Ashe can't duel a 25 minute Hec with Triforce/FoN

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    Anyone else having a problem where they can't reconnect to a game?

I decided to practice jungle Amumu in beginner bots, fix my path. At 1:20, the game stops and it gives me attempting to reconnect. After 2 minutes of waiting fruitlessly for that, I went and reset my router (yes, I am on hardline). It's (probably) not a bad connection after I did the router reset.

I went to log back in, and the game is giving me the dreaded "Connection Error: cannot connect to PvP.net servers" message. Multiple times. With latest Windows updates installed, and a few restarts.

Basically, anyone else having the same problem? And thank god it wasn't a Normal, it was just bots. My unintentional leave didn't ruin a victory (I hope )

The official League Wobsite appears to be down as well.
    Yeah, me too. I'm having a weird issue like that. Though I just leave the game and attempt to connect a few times and then it finally works.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Yuki View Post
    Here is a list of all the new items/costs/stats
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-16 at 02:53 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Solution to elo issue solved: Play Ad Carry. Apparently its easy to play AD carry when everyone else is 300 elo lower than you.

Its actually a funny thing about elo: everyone above me is objectively "good" and just flat out better than me, in my experience. But everyone below me is utter trash. I'm not a very competent AD player, but I've played AD twice now and both time I had a full build by 35 minutes (like 4-5 top tier items) and the enemy AD had... IE. One game I went 18/0 as graves. (Kog'maw game was harder because enemy actually camped my lane and it was basically a tri-lane for like 10 minutes which was totally retarded... just let me farm lol). The Graves game was especially hilarious since I was against Taric/Cait as Graves/Ali and I would just walk up to them and kill them. They were never able to effetively zone me ever.

Oh and yesterday I play Rengar/Annie bot lane (annie was level 9) and got to 1 shot a Sona 2-3 times. Then we lost cuz we had no AD.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Teemo Build idea for Season 3:

Sorc Shoes/Malady/Liandry's Torment/Death Cap/Nashor's Tooth/Hurricane... That's something like...
    15 Mag Pen/25 AP, 45 AS/70 AP, 200 HP, 15 mag pen/120 AP/50 AS, 65 AP, 10 Mana Regen, 20% CDR/70 AS.
    30 Mag Pen/280 AP/165% AS/200 HP, just from raw stats before calculating in passives and stuff.

It is, unfortunately, something of a glass cannon, but your primary thing is shrooming the map, blinding targets of priority, and applying poison and MR shred all over the place for your main AP.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Shurelias, Ghostblade, New QSS upgrade, 2x Static Shiv, Mobility boots (+the 15MS upgrade) and Ghost+Garen's Q. Also MS Quints and masteries.

1095 Movement speed

Briefly
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Fellow Summoners! I come to this thread desiring input into my next champion purchase. I have accumulated a large IP store and have narrowed down my potential decisions into the following champions:
    1. Darius
    2. Fiora
    3. Irelia
    4. Corki
    5. Lux
    That's a list of four excellent champions (and Fiora. Whatever you do, seriously, don't get Fiora. She has a lot of problems to overcome and once you get past them the pay-off isn't much better than that of Jax, for most players). Darius and Irelia are both excellent top laners and Darius jungles solidly. He stands to get a lot out of the upcoming item rework. As will Lux, for that matter. Corki is a surprisingly unique carry but recent changes make me less willing to recommend him.

Finally, i have four Irelia skins so pick her.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna throw my vote in for lux, because lasering someone is the best thing ever.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Wickd thinks Irelia is the best top lane ever, so there is that going for Irelia. No other top lane hero has been made as popular through the opinions of one player except maybe Chogath, and even that hero has basically waned because HSGG showed everyone Chogath jungle.

Darius is new, but incredibly easy to play and punishes bad play a lot.

Fiora is weird. I have not seen her do well in Summoner's Rift, but she probably would succeed in Dominion and Twisted Treeline, at least, succeed more. In general, my opinion towards melee carries is why play them when you can become an immortal tank beast, but that's my opinion (its also why I refused to learn Riven).

Corki is a standard AD Carry. If you want more AD Carries, pick him, because he's a bread and butter AD right now, though Kog, Vayne and Cait are all becoming FOTM again.

Lux is probably the hardest hero on your list. Froggen has now shown the world his lux several times and its... beautiful. Froggen has, on multiple occasions, thrown an entire spell combo across a wall blind for a kill. That's what most luxes (funny moment, this should be Lucis... but that makes no sense hehe) should do. Most end up just... failing in lane and being a bad version of morgana. BUT if you can stand to try and master lux, she is amazing. She has Zone Control, a Snare, and an very strong AoE Ult with a lot of utility.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Darius
    2. Fiora
    3. Irelia
    4. Corki
    5. Lux
    Darius is lulzy, but has easy counterplay(pick ranged champ with good escape, gg). Fiora is lane-Yi, but without escapes, so meh. Irelia is Irelia, so quite awesome. Corki is going to get some buffs out of the next patch, so worth watching. And Lux is....meh. She was nerfed to hard, imho, to be playable anymore(I'm referring to her ult rename, here).

Overall, I say Irelia.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Shurelias, Ghostblade, New QSS upgrade, 2x Static Shiv, Mobility boots (+the 15MS upgrade) and Ghost+Garen's Q. Also MS Quints and masteries.

1095 Movement speed

Briefly
    Do it with Hecarim. Tons of MS..which results in one mega-hit. Also fast movement.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Do it with Hecarim. Tons of MS..which results in one mega-hit. Also fast movement.
    We were trying to, but the bots won before we could get fully set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Planetar

So, New Frozen Fist is really strong on the party pony. Thoughts on general use?

Stats:

40 AP
    500 mana
    60 armor
    15% CDR

Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base attack damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% (2 second cooldown).

25. - Top - End - #295

I vote against Fiora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    So, New Frozen Fist is really strong on the party pony. Thoughts on general use?

Stats:

40 AP
    500 mana
    60 armor
    15% CDR

Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base attack damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% (2 second cooldown).
    As much as I hate losing the movespeed, against certain teams this would make a really good Triforce replacement on Nasus.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, after going 27ish/0/1 as Jax in a bot game, I'm pretty confident that I should try him in a real game.

I just have several questions.

A.) How is he currently?

B.) Can he Jungle?

C.) I usually build Mercs, Gunblade, Triforce, and Maw on him. What are other good items on him?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

A) He's very strong. One of those champs that can kill anyone lategame, and is pretty strong in lane as well. Also, one of the few "counters" to yorick.

B) Yes, he can. I'm not a fan of it, but I've had great success in normals with jungling him.

C) I'm not entirely sure, but at that point it's probably Guardian Angel and either a tank item or a damage item.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

As far as Jax items: I personally favor Triforce->GA->Mallet. Triforce for damage, GA for survivability and just plain GA-dom, and Mallet for extra survival + chasing. After that, it's mostly damage items(BT->LW) if I'm stomping or defensive items(Randuins/FH->FoN) if I need to be tankier.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Colossus in the Playground

Hexdrinker always seems so ... I dunno, I like it but I don't want to buy it. I'm also going through a moment where I realize FoN+Mallet is actually kinda awesome vs. AP. Too bad FoN is gonna go bye-bye.
    For what it's worth, you generally have better options than FoN.

I don't like Offensive unless I'm getting CDR there; I greatly prefer high Defense especially since Juggernaut synergises well with his kit. I usually just run 8/21/1 or 0/21/9 or 8/15/7 or 7/15/8 since you really, really want all the move speed in the world on him. Of course, I don't always build a Shurelya's.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    C.) I usually build Mercs, Gunblade, Triforce, and Maw on him. What are other good items on him?
    Triforce > Tanky is perfectly viable on him. Maybe with a Cutlass/Vamp in the process.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.