New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

I have 6300, but there's nobody in that bracket I like.

Between Irelia and Miss Fortune, who would you recommend?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post

a.) Do you want a top lane bruiser who is "supposedly" easy as all hell to play, or do you want an AD Carry.

b.) Do you want a girl who plays with blades or do you want a girl who plays with guns?

c.) Do you want to be from Japan or the Caribbean?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Irelia is obviously the best. I mean, come on. Bladesurge. Equilibrium Strike. Irelia enables sick plays and she gets to build fun items. You get to dive people and you perpetually have like 66.7% CC reduction.

Yeahhhhhhhh.
    Justice Guides Us.
    Balance In All Things.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Irelia is obviously the best. I mean, come on. Bladesurge. Equilibrium Strike. Irelia enables sick plays and she gets to build fun items. You get to dive people and you perpetually have like 66.7% CC reduction.

Yeahhhhhhhh.
    Justice Guides Us.
    Balance In All Things.
    Shush, you and your four Irelia skins fanboy.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but what does MF do? Not be able to cast her ult in a fight because it lowers her DPS and CCs her? Run away from people when they run at you? Depend on your team to peel for you because you have zero re-positioning skills? Where are those hearts even coming from?

MF: suspicious as ****.
    Irelia: da best.

i still haven't used aviator irelia ._.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-11-20 at 12:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    So I'm kinda upset that the support's gold generation mastery is so deep in the Utility tree. I understand that they want it to be hard for other people to pick up, but I've never specced that deep into Utility on supports. I went 0/21/9 for a long time, and now I go 1/15/14. Admittedly part of that is that the Utility tree is pretty meh right now, but I also like having extra bulk/defense so I can be more aggressive and try to harrass and push people out of lane. I feel like this might basically force supports to have at least 17 points in Utility.
    I actually see the new changes and want to go 0/7/23 in the new masteries, since I want CDR for shurelia's, the extra gold, and the items. I'm not a fan of heavy defense tree use for supports, though.

7. - Top - End - #457

Triforce-Wit's-winthegamecuzyouneverdieorgetCCed?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a question about playing in losing lanes. When a player has been outlaned to the point where the enemy is strong and confident enough to dive them for a kill and get away, what should the laner do? We had this situation in my last game, where I (the jungler) tried to gank mid exclusively but our Fizz still got outlaned hard by their Diana.

He ended up doing much better out of lane, going from zero to ten kills by the end of the game, but I want to know what I can do, as the jungler, to help a lane that's failing so hard.

In any case, I'd also like to thank Godskook and LegoShrimp for being able to deal with their lanes without me being able to spare more than one gank each.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

You know, with the new tenacity stuff, I think Irelia's actually got MORE tenacity in S3. And now she doesn't even have to buy Merc Treads to do it! (admittedly, the other tenacity items aren't screaming "OH, PLEASE, TAKE ME NOW!")

Also: Elise's Miracle might be worth the 1.1k gold you spend on it, if you grab it early enough, since it stops taking up an item slot.

I grabbed it in a bot game as Skarner, and while it wasn't "ZOMG, FANTASTIC!" I ended up having a LOT of passive regen, enough so that I could vanish into the enemy jungle at fairly low, clear their wraiths and golems, and walk back out with ~3/4 of my HP. Mana was a different story, but yeah.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I have a question about playing in losing lanes. When a player has been outlaned to the point where the enemy is strong and confident enough to dive them for a kill and get away, what should the laner do? We had this situation in my last game, where I (the jungler) tried to gank mid exclusively but our Fizz still got outlaned hard by their Diana.

He ended up doing much better out of lane, going from zero to ten kills by the end of the game, but I want to know what I can do, as the jungler, to help a lane that's failing so hard.

In any case, I'd also like to thank Godskook and LegoShrimp for being able to deal with their lanes without me being able to spare more than one gank each.
    All you can do is gank and try to arrange a laneswap. Wait 'til the enemy overextends, have your laner bait and then gank when they're diving. That's the most annoying thing ever for the laner and almost guaranteed kills and yeah.

Irelia's kinda perfect for Unlimited Blade Works. The choice is obvious.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Banned

With Fizz, I'd sorta expect that he could use his mobility to farm without dying, and snowball other lanes. Then again, you can also use that mobility to bait a dive and gank...but honestly, if Diana's strong enough to dive Fizz, 2v1 is a risky proposition. *shrug* This is why I don't jungle (and probably should). I can't make those calls very well.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-11-20 at 02:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    "Don't worry guys, i'm going to Udyr their faces."

-One of the scariest Junglers i've ever played with
    That made my day.

1.Ward a lot to prevent 'surprise' ganks on other lanes.

2.Bait the aggression, and punish it. Hard to kill a Fizz under tower with a Nunu showing up and cutting off exit paths.

3.You and the laner follow the fed laner into a gank. (You did this one)

4.Abandon the lost lane, and focus on getting your strong lanes farther ahead than the lost lane is behind. Essentially, turn it into a snowball race.

Technically, you ganked bot twice, but the second time, it was to countergank Diana/Jax, for the 3-1 trade in our favor.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

So I just had an idea. Zyra, Morgana, Lux, Soraka, Taric, one of those supports who benefits from AP and ideally CDR too.

Second, a carry that deals a lot of magic damage. AP Teemo, AP Twisted Fate, on-hit Kog'Maw, Kayle, someone like that.

What I'm getting at here is that I really want to try support Deathfire Grasp in season 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Speaking as someone who mainly plays AD carrys, I find Miss Fortune to be largely uninteresting compared to a lot of champions, and so would recommend Irelia. But hey, its your IP, buy who you want.

15. - Top - End - #465

I found the CLG.EU vs. CLG.NA showmatch VODs from the FragsForCharity:
    http://www.twitch.tv/fragforcharity/...0242?t=353m00s

Insanely awesome games.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Not be able to cast her ult in a fight because it lowers her DPS and CCs her?
    Between the range(over double her auto range), AD ratio(1.8 is enough to be comparable to autos pre-crit well into the late game), and the AoE status, I find that claim dubious. In a strict AoE-to-win comp, MF is a decent choice to follow galio/amumu or w/e your mid/jungler lockdown ults are.

Granted, I see where you're coming from with all your other points(self-CC, no repositioning skills, and where *DO* those hearts come from), but not on this one. I also don't really see her as any fun, either, but some people love that AoE-to-win thing, so more power to them, I guess.

Also, loved the song.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I feel like an idiot. I finally found out why I've never been able to Irelia.

I never noticed the second half of her Q.

I might actually be able to bloody play her now.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Well, I feel like an idiot. I finally found out why I've never been able to Irelia.

I never noticed the second half of her Q.

I might actually be able to bloody play her now.
    Oh...

That sucks . If it makes you feel better, I didn't realize how lux's passive worked until like my third game.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Oh...

That sucks . If it makes you feel better, I didn't realize how lux's passive worked until like my third game.
    On a similar note, you don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to actually deal damage properly with Poison Trail.

Or that Amumu's Despair should, perhaps, not be left on at all times.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    On a similar note, you don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to actually deal damage properly with Poison Trail.

Or that Amumu's Despair should, perhaps, not be left on at all times.
    Or leaving Mundo's W on too long.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, right, him!

Yo, what's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Ashe vs Sion compared to Ashe vs Udyr
    Flash-ranged stun.

Sion's actually capable of doing something other than dying in that match up.

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Flash-ranged stun.

Twisted Fate vs. Udyr is similarly hilarious. Every time he gets close you'll have gold card up.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Flash-ranged stun.

Frankly, any bruiser is going to die to Ashe if she has items. In general though, I'd say Udyr is less kitable than Sion because he at least has Bear Stance. Really though I figure it's going to end up as "Flash into stun, get kited out of range, be useless for the rest of the fight" on both sides.
    Mordekaiser for president.

25. - Top - End - #475

I found the CLG.EU vs. CLG.NA showmatch VODs from the FragsForCharity:
    http://www.twitch.tv/fragforcharity/...0242?t=353m00s

Insanely awesome games.
    It has been too long since I saw Jarett Cale do anything worth watching.

26. - Top - End - #476

How does itemization for Irelia work?
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercs->Triforce->Wit's End->moretanky.

Like Jax except the Wit's End is more mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

It works like this:
    Buy Triforce (Generally getting Sheen or Phage first, depending on if you need burst or tanky damage; if I'm winning I go for a Sheen, if not, Phage), buy Wit's End (normally I go MR cape -> AS Bow then combine them, but sometimes I am crazy rich and grab it all at once), win.

I generally go Triforce/HoG (HoG early, but if you can get kills fairly often, don't pick Sheen/Phage over it)/Wit's End/Boots2 (upgrade after second of Phage/Sheen, generally)/HoG -> Omen of the Randuin/Big Chunk o' Ice [Frozen Heart]/Vest With Wings [GA]. I get more or less of either resistance depending on what I'm facing.

But you can generally just buy whatever after Triforce/WE, in my experience.

EDIT: Incoming Triforce/WE/Shoes/BT/BT/BT Irelia.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-11-20 at 09:44 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Irelia actually has pretty diverse itemization options. There's Phage+Wit's End rush (never start your triforce with Sheen unless you're building Bruta), Triforce rush, and Ionic Spark + Wit's End. After that you tank up via GA (mandatory) and some combination of OP items like Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Aegis, etc.

I'm interesting in trying Zephyr on her once the patch lands. AD, attack speed, move speed, crit chance, CDR, and tenacity yes pls. The damage is worse than IS but CDR is super awesome on Irelia and can be hard to get. FH+Zephyr gives you 35% and you can get Ninja Tabi every game, and those are still OP as ****.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick guide:

Are you top lane?:

Yes: Build whatever you want and start HUSTLINHUSTLINHUSTLEHUSTLINHUSTLIN

No: Uninstall. Now.

Yes, but against Dunkmaster Darius: Put your blades back in your box, go to tower, and cry.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░