New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but... "queue dodging"? What would the purpose of such a thing be?
    It exists so that you can make "Q dodger" jokes when against Ezreal, Dr. Mundo, etc.

*dodges enemy Q*
    "Guess that makes me...a Q dodger! Ahahaha!"

Because "queue" sounds like "Q"...Yes.

Actual explanations above.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    This statement is wrong.
    Strange. I don't know how else I'd get 600 damage with 160 base + 190ish from AP. The minions had -10 MR, but I think that isn't enough bonus damage to make it go from 400ish to 600. I'll play Vlad some more and check.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #542

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Strange. I don't know how else I'd get 600 damage with 160 base + 190ish from AP. The minions had -10 MR, but I think that isn't enough bonus damage to make it go from 400ish to 600. I'll play Vlad some more and check.
    160 base*2+190=510*(2-100/110)=556 damage. That is how much damage you will deal to something with -10 MR when you have max stack on max rank E and 190 bonus damage from AP (~420 AP, btw). If you did more damage, either you had more damage or they had less MR.

Also, no need to bother testing it. Vlad running 21/0/0 with no AP or HP in runes starting with an Amp Tome hits Wraiths (0 MR) for 71 at zero stacks and 131 at 4. Since base damage is 60 and we saw an increase of damage of 60, I conclude the AP ratio is not being doubled.

Side note, too many people make guesses based on inaccurate memory as to what the actual mechanics of the game are. They are testable, and most have been tested. Stop the spread of inaccurate information, it doesn't help anyone reading it (although it might help you if you end up playing against them, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    [citation needed] on both fronts!
    I could have probably linked the lolwikia page or the zero and 4 stack screenshots I took during my own test, but I figured being right would be enough.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2012-11-21 at 02:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Side note, too many people make guesses based on inaccurate memory as to what the actual mechanics of the game are. They are testable, and most have been tested. Stop the spread of inaccurate information, it doesn't help anyone reading it (although it might help you if you end up playing against them, I guess).
    I know I've remember few game mechanics wrong in this thread lately. The problem, at least for my part, is that some of the "minor" interactions change from patch to patch and the changes are not always well documented so it's fully possible that some scaling that wasn't true is true now or the opposite.

Then there's the Wiki which is accurate most of the time but there are always small errors mostly as a result of patch changes, and actually testing everything in-game oneself is way too time consuming in the long run.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Then there's the Wiki which is accurate most of the time but there are always small errors mostly as a result of patch changes, and actually testing everything in-game oneself is way too time consuming in the long run.
    I think you're underplaying the accuracy of the wiki. I think the only time I've ever seen the site in error was when someone was trolling the Jayce page shortly after his release, and even then, it was *REALLY* obvious.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    I think you're underplaying the accuracy of the wiki. I think the only time I've ever seen the site in error was when someone was trolling the Jayce page shortly after his release, and even then, it was *REALLY* obvious.
    Agreed. Patch changes are usually in less than a day after release and they're, like, 99.5% accurate, in my experience.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-11-21 at 03:56 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Personally, it seems like I get an error nearly 1/4 of the time I look up a delicate or disputed mechanic. Which is not to say LoL Wiki is only 3/4 right, just that the issues I need to refer to the Wiki on are more obscure and hence more prone to error. LoL Wiki is like the regular Wiki--absolute gold on the uncontroversial stuff, yet prone to misconception on the 'intuitive' but hard-to-check stuff.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-11-21 at 04:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Personally, it seems like I get an error nearly 1/4 of the time I look up a delicate or disputed mechanic. Which is not to say LoL Wiki is only 3/4 right, just that the issues I need to refer to the Wiki on are more obscure and hence more prone to error. LoL Wiki is like the regular Wiki--absolute gold on the uncontroversial stuff, yet prone to misconception on the 'intuitive' but hard-to-check stuff.
    1.Are you correcting for confirmation bias?

2.Even a 75% success rate shouldn't be classified as "prone to misconception", and I highly doubt 75%, even on the obscure stuff(what are you classifying as 'obscure'? I'm curious...)

3.There's several stats that are poorly displayed(basically all champion statistics that increase per level, when listed on that champ's page, for example), to the point that they'd generate "false positives" when testing the site for errors.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

I should probably not go 25/1/10. I may be a bad support.

Then again Kog'Maw was building Archangel's Staff on an otherwise AD build. That, and I wasn't actually trying. I was Voli. I was careful not to bitesteal, but sometimes I kill people alone and... well, sometimes I run in to save someone from a 3v1 with lightning up and triple kills just happen.

I love playing support Voli but I think he might be the most obnoxious support as a carry.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #549
    Bugbear in the Playground

Take a step back and consider why the support gives up farm for the ad carry. It's because most supports don't depend on farm to be useful (e.g. Janna ult, Blitz grab) and often scale worse than other champions, while the ad carry can exploit the multiplicative returns of AD/AS/crit/armor pen which means that for every gold you spend, your next will be even more efficient.

Now consider that Volibear actually needs some amount of items to be useful come mid/late and a Kog who builds Archangels is not exploiting the scaling of AD itemization at all.. I'd say you did the right thing by making sure you got farmed yourself.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dada View Post
    Take a step back and consider why the support gives up farm for the ad carry. It's because most supports don't depend on farm to be useful (e.g. Janna ult, Blitz grab) and often scale worse than other champions, while the ad carry can exploit the multiplicative returns of AD/AS/crit/armor pen which means that for every gold you spend, your next will be even more efficient.

Now consider that Volibear actually needs some amount of items to be useful come mid/late and a Kog who builds Archangels is not exploiting the scaling of AD itemization at all.. I'd say you did the right thing by making sure you got farmed yourself.
    I suspect that I did something right. I'm just fairly sure it wasn't support.

That said, I do believe that Frozen Mallet is basically a must on support Volibear, as unconventional a choice as it is for just about anyone else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #551

My point is that, even if you are playing "support", you should not blindly give up farm if your ad carry is silly and wasting it. Especially if you actually scale decently with farm yourself.

(and no, that doesn't mean that you should start fighting your carry for cs as soon as he misses one or takes an unnecessary death..)
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dada View Post
    My point is that, even if you are playing "support", you should not blindly give up farm if your ad carry is silly and wasting it. Especially if you actually scale decently with farm yourself.

(and no, that doesn't mean that you should start fighting your carry for cs as soon as he misses one or takes an unnecessary death..)
    Yep, I got that. Thanks, though.

That's kind of part of what I like about support Voli. If your carry is rubbish (and sadly, this can happen), I can take over. Or more often, just go "no, you WILL get this kill" by means of Rolling Thunder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp.

Spoiler
    Show

Completely impractical, completely awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Welp.

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like the rammus land speed record is in serious danger!

15. - Top - End - #555

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Looks like the rammus land speed record is in serious danger!
    When Hecarim is ulting to slow down, you know something's gone terribly wrong. Or awesomely right. One of the two.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Banned

1.Are you correcting for confirmation bias?

2.Even a 75% success rate shouldn't be classified as "prone to misconception", and I highly doubt 75%, even on the obscure stuff(what are you classifying as 'obscure'? I'm curious...)

3.There's several stats that are poorly displayed(basically all champion statistics that increase per level, when listed on that champ's page, for example), to the point that they'd generate "false positives" when testing the site for errors.
    By obscurity, I refer to the specificity of the mechanic and the degree of investigation needed to properly resolve the question. I'm counting cases in my memory where someone refers to an obscure interaction between mechanics where I think 'wait, does it really work like that?' and check LoL wiki. I can't give specific examples of mechanics the wiki got wrong off the top of my head, but the questions were on the order of 'Does Cleanse remove the damage reduction portion of Exhaust?' or 'Does Tibbers' DoT apply immediately upon cast or delay a second?' or 'Can Malphite be CC'd out of Unstoppable Force?', as opposed to questions like 'What does Morgana's ult do?' or 'When was the last time they buffed Ezreal?'.

As it turns out, LoL Wiki appears to be wrong about Malphite's Unstoppable Force, stating that it can only be stopped by lethal damage when a lot of posters seem to be getting CC'd out of it by e.g. Shen taunt. So, y'know, one out of three right there.

All in all, Eld's estimation of the wiki's accuracy would seem to be, well, accurate.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-11-21 at 08:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, Tides of Blood stacks increase damage from AP, as well. Hence 600 damage AoE (I have NUMBERS EVERYWHERE enabled, so mid/late game I notice that, with a total "base" damage of 300ish you hit 600 damage with 4 stacks; this is on minions with Abyssal's).

So, max stacks Tides of AoE is 320 + 0.9 AP, basically.

On Vlad I generally go Revolver/Abyssal/Zhonya's for the resists (healing + free HP = buy resists, win game) and for the Double Troll Combo: Ult, EQ, trollpool, EQ, Zhonya's, EQ.
    Minions don't have MR, so they take additional magic damage in Abyssal aura. Lategame .9 AP tides would do 900 damage pre-abyssal, not 600. Current Tides hits 600 damage against 0MR at 622 ap, and it recently lost base damage

edit: i tried to post this two hours ago zzz
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-11-21 at 10:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #558

Planetar

Malphite's unstoppable force was supposedly patched a long long time ago, like 1.5-2 years ago, to only be stopped by lethal damage. If it's still being stopped that's a bug.

19. - Top - End - #559

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Welp.

Spoiler
    Show

That Ashe got LOLWTFpwned, right?
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    That Ashe got LOLWTFpwned, right?
    Well, she shot me just as I impacted her face, which hurt my speed a bit, but yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Bankplank is so much fun.

After his first free week I didn't buy GP, but I think I will once I have enough IP. He's just so much fun.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

22. - Top - End - #562

After his first free week I didn't buy GP, but I think I will once I have enough IP. He's just so much fun.
    Especially with new Avarice Blade.

Sooo looking forward to that.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

What's Bankplank?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #564
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    What's Bankplank?
    Gangplank with ALL THE GP5s!
    (Averice, Philo stone, HoG, and Kages)
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

HoG is now gone, and Philo is -much- weaker.

New Avarice Blade is very sexy though, and I actually recommend it on anyone who like crit chance. Even, or especially, Carries.

26. - Top - End - #566

Combine with Ashe and Twisted Fate for ALL OF THE GOLD.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

I don't get how Bankplank is "fun." Like, you relegate yourself to being useless for 25 minutes and you buy ****ty items and spend mana on farming with Q so you have zero lane presence. You're like Nasus except for the fact that Nasus has wither.

GP has really strong early and midgame potential and Bankplank throws all of that away in the most boring way possible. Why spend 2400 gold on items that do nothing when i could get Executioner's Calling + Bruta, Ionic Spark, or Tiamat?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

For the absolutely hilarious gold income and the fact that Bankplank is probably not running around top.

29. - Top - End - #569

Bank-plank is fun because you can just giggle, run off and keep farming.
    Then you just show up somewhere with a massive amount of items and hulk-smash.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

But nothing comes of that income until well into the game since you sunk your first 2400 gold into GP10 which leave you a single item slot with which to juggle HP potions, mana potions, wards, and item components. You also cripple yourself to the point that your top lane opponent can farm every creep of every wave for free and chances are they won't build useless items. If you try roaming around the map you won't have the stats to actually pick fights with other champions.