New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Telling someone that a ward was placed top lane 3 minutes ago is huge, because you're telling them that a ward top just expired. Several skills have higher than 3 minute cooldowns and objective timers are similarly kind of a big deal. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate to be advantageous, which is to say that it doesn't have to be 100% accurate to be cheating.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-11-24 at 08:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I guess the real catch would be something I've never tried. I know you can type to people while spectating...does the client prevent you from communicating to the people in the game using /r? If it does, then yes, passing information from Spectator mode is not a supported feature, so using a third-party software for communication is technically cheating (although I don't think it's a big enough deal for me to worry about it, nor really think less of people for using it on occasion).
    Yes, you very much can chat with people who're in the game you're spectating.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity, how do you chat when spectating games? It never shows the chat box for me at all.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you chat when spectating games? It never shows the chat box for me at all.
    There's a checkbox in the bottom left corner(in a sub menu, iirc) that opens chat.

After that, type:

/w "usernamehere" messagehere

to get the person you want. Afaik, the quotes are required for everyone, but it might be just for people with spaces in their names(like me).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I live in south Florida and I recently went to a comic/anime convention where I got to meet and talk to a certain voice actor name Spike Spencer.

Now who is this you may ask?

It is the guy who did WuKong's voice. When asked about this role that he did, he replied that he would "Totally love" to go back and record more lines because "Riot was awesome" and "Was tons of fun to work with".

He also stated that he ad-libbed a bunch of material that never was used but one line he wished they had used was "Oh yeah ladies, watch my rod extend!" for one of his joke lines.

As a person he was a bit smarmy but otherwise very energetic and entertaining.

6. - Top - End - #726

Lets play a quick round of "GUESS THE LANES!"
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Lets play a quick round of "GUESS THE LANES!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mid Lee Sin
    Jungle Ezreal
    Cho Top
    TF YI bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

8. - Top - End - #728

Do you have a champion who it's almost unfair to break out, since you're so good with that champ?
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

9. - Top - End - #729

I'm fairly competent as Nasus, although some matchups remain basically unwinnable (Darius...), but if I feel like winning lane I tend to just grab Olaf and go to town. Before DFG change, I played a fairly decent Morde (lost only one game, although that one was fairly infamous).

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    Do you have a champion who it's almost unfair to break out, since you're so good with that champ?
    I have some champions that are easily my best or close to it.

I break them out when I go into the rare PVP match and want to end it feeling slightly less ashamed of myself than I usually do. Probably unfair to my teammates, at least, but so's my participation in the first place.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    This plays in my head every time i'm bot and I stealth away from a gank by the jungler.
    Yesterday I had a perfect case of this. I was Nunu, split pushing bot...suddenly, their fed Sivir comes from my side of the map. I rush towards their base, my thoughts on getting executed. Sivir is joined by their AP Yi. I go through their base, then start going through top lane.

Yi Alpha Strikes...haha! Banshee's Veil! I keep running, occasionally jerkily turning left and right to try and avoid Sivir's Q (she never used it, I must have been just out of range the whole time), Yi has ulted...

Executed! I had just led the two of them on a wild chase through bot lane, their base, across the entire map, essentially, to top lane, dying to their outer turret after forcing two ults to try and keep up with me.

Trollolol indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    I'm fairly competent as Nasus, although some matchups remain basically unwinnable (Darius...)
    Interestingly enough, I've played this lane exactly once (as Nasus) and won. At level 1 I got zoned hardcore, but I got a level 2 gank that let me recover from that and win. Then again, I think a large part of it was that he wasn't all that good; when I was strong enough to easily 1v1 him and win he still came in, kidnapped me and tried to duel.

This was as AP Nasus, though, normal might do differently.

---

And now my need to provide anecdotal counter/similar examples is fulfilled!
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

12. - Top - End - #732

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Interestingly enough, I've played this lane exactly once (as Nasus) and won. At level 1 I got zoned hardcore, but I got a level 2 gank that let me recover from that and win. Then again, I think a large part of it was that he wasn't all that good; when I was strong enough to easily 1v1 him and win he still came in, kidnapped me and tried to duel.

This was as AP Nasus, though, normal might do differently.
    See, I didn't get a jungle gank to help me out (got ganked, actually). I was the only lane doing reasonably, dying only once to a level 6 double tower dive (jungler as well) but managing to farm despite it. The problem is without jungle pressure, Nasus can't actually create an advantage against Darius (barring huge skill differences) so you can never get strong enough to take the free farm that you need.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    See, I didn't get a jungle gank to help me out (got ganked, actually). I was the only lane doing reasonably, dying only once to a level 6 double tower dive (jungler as well) but managing to farm despite it. The problem is without jungle pressure, Nasus can't actually create an advantage against Darius (barring huge skill differences) so you can never get strong enough to take the free farm that you need.
    Yeah, apart from Wither+Spirit Fire harass (the mana cost makes me cringe just mentioning it), you can't do much without going all-in. Of course, whether or not you'll win an all-in depends on how things have been going before, but Wither can really cramp Darius' style by saying "Hemorrhage stacks? Maybe in a few days, sure" while you can wail on him. Your ult gives only slightly less HP than his does damage, and using it early will give you more damage (one of the situations where you want to fight in a horde of mixed minions, to avoid taking aggro but getting more bonus AD).

Of course, it's a nasty enough lane that I don't want to test it.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-11-25 at 05:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Tinypic CAPTCHA says "stinking rich". Jarvan/Leona bot lane OP. I had 4 gold/10 items by 12 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

looking, all I feel is pitty for that Nidalee. I don't even have to have watched the game, that blitz was a huge troll.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Firbolg in the Playground

I ran through the battle training tutorial a second time to try and get a better feel for the map, and ran into a bug. Apparently if the nexus is destroyed before you kill the dragon, it gives you the dragonslayer tip instead of ending the game, and the game won't end; it just stays there, camera locked on the destroyed nexus.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    I ran through the battle training tutorial a second time to try and get a better feel for the map, and ran into a bug. Apparently if the nexus is destroyed before you kill the dragon, it gives you the dragonslayer tip instead of ending the game, and the game won't end; it just stays there, camera locked on the destroyed nexus.
    Hmm, that's an odd one.

I should try Battle Practice again. It has free Garen and Veigar.

At any rate, if you have time now, I would be happy to take you through a couple bot matches, teach you the basics and so on. I'm not exactly Sun Tzu like 90% of this thread, but I should be able to help a little, at least. Tried to add you, anyway, in case you're wondering who this "Omega Nixon" is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    Only in games with friends. If it's a normal, I call that 'wanting to win.' :P

I wouldn't play Ez vs my friends. Nor Talon. Or Teemo, but that's cause they hate him. Anivia is also a no-no.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

So this has appeared on reddit.

So, there are a ton of changes we haven't been told about if this is accurate.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

So... I had a really weird dream last night.

I had logged on and I assume everything had graduated to Season 3. I went to spectate Djinn who was playing... Nasus I think. I remember that over mumble was Mario and cwcriner talking to him, complaining about the spectate mode currently and Djinn agreeing with them. What they were complaining about was that pop-ups would appear at random times for no longer than 3 seconds with a new item and build and everything about the item. However, with only 3 seconds, you couldn't get a good look at the item before the display disappeared and you couldn't bring it back up.

Mario: "I mean, why would you put this in if you wouldn't actually allow people to look at the item properly?"

Djinn: "Or tell you how to optimize it. I mean, you could see it briefly, but they give to advice to their players on the best way to use it."

cwcriner: "I think they want their player base to figure out how they want to use them on their own."

Mario: "Well thats fine cwcriner, but displaying this for just a few seconds doesn't help their playerbase. Especially when they display this in the middle of the action for a few seconds."

Djinn: "The point is cwcriner, why would they put this display in the spectate mode over the action that you want to watch with not enough time for people to get a good look at it?"

Cwcriner: "Thats true. It is kinda stupid if you ask me."

I finally break the silence and speak out to them.

Me: "So, Djinn, Mario, Cwcriner. When Djinn finishes that game, would you guys be up for a game?"

Djinn: "Sorry Silver, but I'm only playing until I can get to level 6 and then I have to go."

That last statement was odd because Djinn was currently level 9 as Nasus in the specatator mode. So I naturally made the horrid conclusion that he meant summoner level and I was thinking "Did they wipe out all accounts back down to level 1?" Before I could check, I woke up.

While the entire conversation was going on, 2 displays appeared for 3 seconds each so I couldn't get a good look at it, but what I thought I saw was 2 completely new and different items that flashed up.

One gave only +20 attack damage with a longsword as a build prereq. Its ability though was that champion kills and assists gave 20% more gold. I was thinking it was interesting, because this encourage more aggressive lanes early on, but as champion deaths accumulate, the amount of gold diminished as the opposing champions value decreases. The final build cost was 900 or something like that.

The other item prereq was a cloth armor and a null-magic mantle. I didn't see much it terms of gold or stats, but I remember seeing the passive before the display disappeared. It said, (10 minute cooldown. Target enemy champion. The percentage of both your health totals are averaged and distributed evenly amoung the 2 of you.)

So, yeah. That was my dream last night. I'm probably going crazy.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-25 at 12:07 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post

HIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHI YEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYEHIYE

So....

BF sword and componets for IE: Cheaper
    Bloodthirster: Now gives less lifesteal then before
    Last whisper: Gives less ArPen but is cheaper.
    Banshees Veil: RIDICULOUS drop on the cooldown
    Mercurial Scimitar: YES! YES!

Now I wish I had more item slots. So many good items for my rat
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post

What are those things on the bottom?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

So, turns out Fiora can be incredibly snowbally, even without items. I think I got seven kills on Recaiden in our 1v1 game with just boots and double Dorans.

And then he bought thornmail

Also, I am not sure if this guy is insane or... well, insane, I guess. He's trying to go from level 1 to 30 in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Looks to be special items. I see the two items from the utility mastery tree, the Rengar vs. Kha items, and Viktor's passive.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Those are special items. Ones that only specific champs can buy/have or get via masteries.

So, turns out Fiora can be incredibly snowbally, even without items. I think I got seven kills on Recaiden in our 1v1 game with just boots and double Dorans.
    Yep. Part of why I love her.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

There's new masteries that give free one-minute wards and one-gold mini-potions? Nice.

Also, is that thing saying that the Head of Kha'Zix now needs to be bought instead of auto-changing?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #746

Explorer's wards look like they would be very good. A quick ward when you want it to avoid facechecking that brush.

Also looks like it would help an L1 invade/invade defense.

EDIT: probably just the second one. But as someone who, as Blitz, will use wards to check the second bush before I go into it on the initial pass, having that free ward would be very nice. Very nice indeed... (I hate spending 70 gold for a ward that 9/10 never provides any value after that check.)
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-11-25 at 01:30 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Thing is, it's basically the same as the Sightstone except without the health, and the wards don't last as long. It's still a consumable and it still takes up an item slot.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

And then he bought thornmail
    At which point you bought malady, wits end, kitaes, right?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    At which point you bought malady, wits end, kitaes, right?
    No, I ended up getting the proving grounds Bloodthirster, a phantom dancer, another vamp scepter, and a negatron cloak.

30. - Top - End - #750

Planetar

Also, is that thing saying that the Head of Kha'Zix now needs to be bought instead of auto-changing?

That row exclusively has all the items you can't buy in the store for all champs, the only purchasable one is Bonetooth Necklace.