Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City OOC 2

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    I notice, you didn't say - it wouldn't be ''Burn This City Down!'' If you get Bookbinders to withdraw their grievance, SGA is cool.
    Serious question: Does killing all of them count?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, they can't withdraw it if they're dead after all.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneStomper View Post
    Nope, they can't withdraw it if they're dead after all.
    So kill all but one, and ave him withdraw it? Seems like a reasonable challenge.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Well, if somebody didn't kill/driven-off all necromancers, it could have been possible with dead Bookbinders. Dug yourself deep, eh?

Edit: I believe they all would rather die, then let a single misspelled word or poorly worded sentence pass into public circulation.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Magical Emperor Monkey. You have my vote.

I learned two things about Montgomery that day... ...The first was that his men would follow him off a cliff. The second was that he would lead them there.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I smurfin love the smell of cuthroat politics in the morning

"Let our mercy, as deep as the feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!"

"Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena..."

-suikoden V

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello guys!
    I am joining you as the Orc Uprising of Gregoria. Yes, they were not just a weird random NPC . Razovor already knows and Eldan may have been guessing it too. Anyway, below are the faction details.

Backround (slightly biased):
    Spoiler
    Show

After many years of Orc exploitation by Gregoria, King George II finally went too far. After Brigwa Stonecutter’s son had been killed for a minor offense he decided to execute her too as an example. In no time he had a full-blown civil war at his hands, with every Orc in his Kingdom participating in the rebellion. Before the humans could get organized, the royal keep had been stormed and King George II was soon known as “the Headless”. Still, the humans of Gregoria by far outnumbered the Orcs, who now either controlled the keep or barricaded themselves in outskirt villages and so the raging rebellion slowly dimmed into a stalemate. Neither Orcs nor Humans could freely access the farms and the frigid winter was taking toll on both. It seemed only a matter of time before some warlord grabbed the opportunity to conquer them both.
    Then, out of nowhere an unlikely message from King James of Sav Altulas arrived in Gregoria, inviting the Orcs to his city. The fighting factions quickly negotiated a truce and soon the whole Orc population gathered their belongings and set out for a brave new future.

Brief History of the Kingdom of Gregoria (less biased):
    Spoiler
    Show
    78 years ago, a human Warlord, known as Gregor the Sly managed to convince a large amount of local Mountain Orcs to unite under his banner, promising them a land where they no longer have to hide and raid to survive. With these newfound allies and his considerable force of human soldiers he managed to carve out his personal little kingdom in the Shattered Lands and promptly named it after himself. In this new kingdom most Orcs were regarded as a lifetime part of the military, guarding it from any attempted raids or conquest and general troublemaking by other factions. But this also meant that they were predominantly living from the conquered folks taxes, who were less than happy about it. Still, king Gregor put an effort from separating his Orc and Human subjects in order to stop unnecessary conflicts from happening.
    Following Gregors death his son Albert took the crown. He was notable for inserting the Orcs into the workforce by employing them directly for the crown in set jobs, mostly those of the harder manual kind in which the Orcs had "more talent" compared to the kingdoms human majority. He also mandated each Orc family to be given a permanent surname. King Albert called it "Making them valuable members of society". This solved many problems. The Orcs, a race initially bred for slavery, had been growing rather bored, restless and aggressive. Now instead they were giving a lot of power to the crown by almost monopolizing manual labor. It also appeased human populace by making them feel superior again, for instead of feeling oppressed by brutish monsters eating their hard grown food the tables had almost turned with the humans now being fed and supplied with resources. Still, the new king remembered fighting at their side in his father’s war, so he made sure his Orcs lived relatively good lives and were allowed to keep their various rights and lands. They were happy too; working by command was in their blood after all.
    After a hunting accident king Albert was succeeded by George I. Young and handsome at the time, he was beloved by the humans, which he reveled in and thus wanted to pay back in kind. Additionally he had been born long after his grandfather’s conquests and had lost respect for the Orcs role in it. Therefore over his long reign the Orcs rights diminished more and more to supposedly make them "equal" to that of the native humans, not taking into regard the fact that the Orcs where all working for the crown and that those rights were mostly put in place instead of normal payment. In fact king George I gave several farms, mines, forest sections and other lands to his most valued subjects, placing the Orcs working at those various locations into their responsibility.
    Because of the Orcs rather short lifespans most of the those that even remembered the time where they had been honored and respected were old or dead by now, so they didn't complain much, even though they now were working hard for little more than the daily food on their table and a roof over their head.
    George II, whose older brother died from some mysterious illness, had most of his father’s shortcomings to an even greater extent. He was a bad decision maker, easily swayed by sweet-talking advisors and did not even try to hide his contempt towards the Orcs, who by now already were second-class citizen. One of his first acts as king was to name the capital Georgetown, supposedly after his deceased father (as he did mostly envy his father while waiting for the throne many believe the city was truly named after himself). Most acts after that were designed to strengthen the young kingdoms noble class and to diminish the Orcs even further. These were now harshly punished for even the slightest infringements. It was common for shop and inn owners to bar Orcs from even entering their establishments. The only Orcs that still looked well fed and were at least respected by their human peers were those in the military. Their job was of course to be the at the front line of any conflict, but their valuability let the human generals give them weapons and armor of good quality and their force was one to be feared.
    All these things ultimately led to the downfall of King George II, soon to be known as "the Headless".
    Timeline of the royal Gregorian dynasty:
    Spoiler
    Show
    902 DR: Birth of Gregor "the Sly"
    925 DR: Birth of Albert
    955 DR: Founding of Gregoria
    973 DR: Death of King Gregor I "the Sly", succeeded by Albert I
    975 DR: Birth of George I
    983 DR: Death of King Albert I, succeeded by George I
    985 DR: Birth of George II
    1027 DR: Death of George I "the Gregarious", succeeded by George II
    1033 DR: Death of George II "the Headless", end of dynasty

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military - Really High so Stay Away. Every single Orc is built strong and durable enough to stand against several humans at once, even if under-equiped.

Espionage - Nunja Bizzness. There are several Orc scouts in my faction and even a few that have grown accustomed to staying in hiding and making secret deals.

Magic - Ooh Scary! There are a handfull of elders who still remember the old traditions and have some minor healing skills and these ways may be in return because of the Orc pride that comes with independence. That doesn't mean that there isn't potential for more however.

Economy - Old McDonald had a Farm. The Orcs from Gregoria left only with what they could carry, but their labor skills let them quickly establish the surrounding fields and they did manage to claim many farm animals from their previous homeland. Thus they are not as bad off as one would expect.

Morale - Probably announced anyway. The Orcs are pretty loyal to my factions cause. Morale being as low as it is just represents the facts that a) they are not very quick and kinda easy talking b) They have a hard time convincing people and are rather stubborn when it comes to new stuff or defying authority without good reason, c) [REDACTED].

VIPs - Four. Doesn't mean I only have 4 points in the relevant stat though.

Reputation - Minus Two. It seems that you Sav Altulans are racist jerks .

Traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: We can take care of our own.
    Engineered Race: Orcs have been especially created by the Zancharian Empire as a slave race. But don't assume that we will ever be anyones slaves again. If you require a hand in unskilled labor, though, I am open to negotiations. That is all I am going to say.
    One Race Faction (Negative): "Look at all those ugly Orcs. They look even worse than the ones we are used to. Must be Mountain Orcs or something. Also, everyone knows that Orcs are stupid filthy brutes. Good that they live in that cursed village Tregon. Why are they allowed to come inside our beautiful city at all? Keep the children inside woman, we don't want them to get into trouble or catch any of the plagues those freaks probably are bringing from the Shattered Lands."

VIPs (incomplete):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brigwa Stonecutter (leader): Charismatic and wise, Brigwa is the leader of the Orcs in Tregon. They follow her loyally, even though she can barely move her left arm and leg. While she once was a woman with an undominatable spirit and an ever positive outlook, she has become pragmatic and bitter since the Gregorian regime took her son from her and left her a cripple. Now her only priority is the freedom and well-being of her people.

Krien Roadhand (Intelligence Advisor): A relatively young Orc with rather exceptional intelligence, and one of Brigwa’s main advisors. Krien had already been working against King George’s oppressive regime from the shadows, years before the Uprising and is the main reason that the Orcs all over the country got themselves organized so fast. Although he has a strong aversion for haughty nobility and general dislike for arrogant humans, he is rather talented at masking his feelings and saying what others want to hear. It is said that he has Human blood in his ancestry, but that is not a topic he is fond of discussing.

Dor Brownshield (Military Commander): Calm veteran. More to come.

Rigger Deerblood (Champion): Ranger-Barbarian in D&D terms. Kingslayer. More to come.

Extra fluff I have at hand:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    [...]Recently the mood in his inn had gotten much more cheerful, rumors of peace flying through the air. Still, several of the other attendants were grumpy that 'those mongrels' would 'get away unscathed'.
    His attention was brought to a large caravan passing his inn, going south towards Sav Altulas. Should he decide to go look he would see three horse riders splitting of said caravan and coming directly towards the inn.
    All three of them were Orcs but one, the leader of the small delegation, seemed just a little more... fair looking? When he saw the Lord in his fine clothing he smiled, in contrast to his two evergrim followers.

"[...]My name is Krien Roadhand. I was told you want to meet Sister Stonecutter?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [...]"Interesting. Well, here we are."
    The four riders had reached a large ox cart in the middle of the caravan. It looked like a small hut on wheels, pulled by 3 oxes and slow enough to easily allow entrance without needing to stop.
    Krien Roadhand handed his horse to one of his followers and climbed into the wagon, leaving it's door open[...]

Inside the dimly lit wagon were 3 other Orcs, sitting on the floor around a low table with a rudimentary and out of date map of Sav Altulas and the surrounding area.
    One was rather old, with gray hair sparsely growing around his bald forehead and a beard hanging from his chin. He was clad in full leather and chainmail armor of pretty high quality for an Orc and had a spear and shield besides him.
    The other one was a rather tall and grim looking brute with large fangs barely kept in check by his mouth, bushy brown eyebrows and long hair in two braids hanging over his broad shoulders. His armor looked more like skins and fur, barely cured and rather beastly.
    The third Orc was the only one sitting in a confy chair of wood, bone and fur. She was a black haired woman, first grey strains already showing. Her grim orcish face was further disfigured by a straight scar over her left eye. As Ambrose entered he saw her shakily holding a large staff in her frail left hand while moving various stones and twigs positioned on the map before her. Krien Roadhand was already by her side, whispering something into her ear.
    "Welcome sir. I am Brigwa Stonecutter, leader of this ragtag band." She said as she pulled herself upright on the staff and looked the human in the eyes with a cold smile.

EDIT: It is pretty late here and I have to wake up early tomorrow. So I am going to make my first IC post after school. Let's see how many of you will start sending me messages before that only because you now know that I am a player .
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-14 at 07:50 PM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

hmm...interesting...what neighborhood are you based in?

EoTs due Friday right? we need to get things figured out SGA!

"Let our mercy, as deep as the feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!"

-suikoden V

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eh, guilty. On the other hand? My focus has been on the workshop, not other countries.

"Say.... you orcs want to buy guns?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    Eh, guilty. On the other hand? My focus has been on the workshop, not other countries.

"Say.... you orcs want to buy guns?"
    Or lightning?

But yeah, great to see another player. Will you be based in the city, or what?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Wellcome, Rafinius!! I hope you will kneel before your rightful lords become an important part of the city!

On other matters; is EoT this friday?

SGA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    New plan. We buy the Blackfist(?)
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-11-14 at 08:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lodbroke View Post
    Wellcome, Rafinius!! I hope you will kneel before your rightful lords become an important part of the city!

On other matters; is EoT this friday?
    Saturday, according to the OP.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you read the turn summary you will see I am based "in a formerly-ruined village near Sav Altulas, called Tregon."
    I am not more than a days walk away from Traitor's Bridge.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I've already messaged you IC.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I've sent a message, right after the turn start, though I probably won't have resources for that clinic this turn, unless Champions sponsor it.

And Lord Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show

Studying magic? Ha. You'll be boozing and wooing university girls. I've got Peacocks operations in the 'hood next to Daimot, so we can score some opium.
    Magical Emperor Monkey. You have my vote.

I learned two things about Montgomery that day... ...The first was that his men would follow him off a cliff. The second was that he would lead them there.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    I've sent a message, right after the turn start, though I probably won't have resources for that clinic this turn, unless Champions sponsor it.
    I had completely forgotten about that. i dont think i can contribute anything either.

-suikoden V

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lord Wallen, you want to go back to school? Head on down to the Technist Hight School of Technology. We offer a basic artificer program, and we sugesst you get used to the random explosions

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

NinjaGuy

Doc Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Booya! Wallen-Kappa-Vassa rules!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To anyone who wants to study at the Technists school.....

You get to create explosions as part of the classes Why? Easy. We needed something fun to attract students

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

I have my own technist school. Well, kinda my own, and kinda a technist school. Good enough for poor people, anyway.

Go Tigers!

My TW faction:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Ram Revolution - TW Broken City

-banner by Nyrt

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You get the basic programs. In advanced Chemisty, we make rockets Why? Easier to clean up then the paper mache volcanos...

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

and more fun. Wish they had let me make rockets in my chem class. Well, out of something other than a dropper.

Go Tigers!

My TW faction:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Ram Revolution - TW Broken City

-banner by Nyrt

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We let you play with gunpowder and wierd chemicals. Besides, we're used to the near constant explosions up here

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Real sorry for still not having posted IC. I was home late today (had math till 7 p.m.) and then mostly did chores and looked at TW: Imperial City I am Co-GMing.
    Anyway, I have only two hours of Introduction to Informatics in the morning tomorrow, which is quite a laughable college subject. So I'll have a lot of free time.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

24. - Top - End - #54

To those of you waiting on certain replies, I'll officially demote House Laurier back to NPC status and reply to their messages tomorrow if Killerloop hasn't shown up again before then.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I may not be getting my EOT in until rather late then . Also, I need a reply from the Millitia?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Eldan are you going to respond to my message. It would be nice if we could get these negotiations done before the EoT.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HerbieRAI, is the silence a "no" or did you just miss my message?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

28. - Top - End - #58

Forgot about it. I'll edit the response in.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I use my VIP to talk to people in person but don't make it a PM (meaning I am only using the VIP for fluff reasons), can I still use him for other things in the same turn?

Also to PM with a VIP does he have to be idle the EoT before or after the period he was talking to people?

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Rafinius View Post
    If I use my VIP to talk to people in person but don't make it a PM (meaning I am only using the VIP for fluff reasons), can I still use him for other things in the same turn?

Also to PM with a VIP does he have to be idle the EoT before or after the period he was talking to people?
    Yes, and after.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show